Conquer Club

Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:35 am

unvote vote Doom for supplying the above.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:03 am

Given that it is the only thing we have to go on thus far I will Unvote Vote Commander for overreacting.
Captain spiesr

Postby dazza2008 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:36 am

I will unvote since he is new to the game. I do find it scummy when guys worry about looking scummy but it is the sort of thing a newcomer would say.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Okay, three things I'm seeing...

1. Jonty seems forever stuck in joke vote stage. :lol:
2. KGB piling on a joke vote, which was not that funny. 8-[
3. The Commander/Iron Butterfly thing escalated rather quickly. :evil:

FOS is for those who don't want to have a voting pattern...therefore...VOTE Commander

It's D1. Gotta start somewhere.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:01 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Okay, three things I'm seeing...

FOS is for those who don't want to have a voting pattern...therefore...VOTE Commander

So in CYOC, I end the jokevote stage too early, and now I carry on too long. Sheesh. Things are going badly. TBH, I kept jokevoting because I expected the Comm9/IB saga to blow over, but it hasn't so unvote. Now to have a re-read of the IB/Comm9 storm in a teacup and see who I side with.
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:06 am

vote Commander9 for his over-reaction regarding IB.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 am

jonty125 wrote:vote Commander9 for his over-reaction regarding IB.

That's exactly why Commander9 is voting for IB. Sounds like OMGUS horsemanure to me.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:32 pm

jonty125 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:vote strike wolf

SPEEDLYNCH GO! GO! GO!

unvote, vote strike wolf INSTASCUMWIN!!

did you want an instascum win because you are scum?

and now you are just sheeping spiesr and jumping on commander's bandwagon.
unvote vote jonty
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Comm joking, IB steaming and jonty sheeping are all pretty much par for the course respectively. Sheeping is definitely the worst of those plays, I'd say. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here: Jonty, how exactly did Comm overreact?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby StubbsKVM on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:14 am

Poor Jonty, looks like there's always a reason to vote for him :lol:

Last time they were right though...

How about a VC? Also can't find any deadline.

KGB is newbtown
Dazza agreeing and unvoting gets him some points. I'll decide on scum or town points later :mrgreen:
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:53 am

Commander9 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
aage wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:FOS all of you on the Strikewolf bandwagon. He gets lynched and its game over.

Asskisser.

unvote vote IB

Seems legit. Besides, you hopped on my wagon...

Unvote. Vote Butterfly.

So what exactly do you find legit? The fact that you are obviously piling on a joke vote or that my joke vote on Doom was your bandwagan.

If you want, we can go out of the joke vote stage. Our wagon was on mod, which was obviously means nothing will happen. It was never going to be realized and even if we reached full numbers, do you really think the mod would have been lynched?

My legitimacy was obviously a joke, but it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my FoS. My vote stays for now.

I find his FOS and now serious vote on IB, over-reacting. Maybe it was just me, but I read IB's comment as Image,

so I felt comm9 placing a serious vote, was an over-reaction.
Cook jonty125

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Commander9 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:Is there a reason you put that first paragraph in or do you really believe that some players believe the game would end with the mod lynched? Or perhaps the obvious sarcasm was lost on you with my mass FOS? :roll:

Why would I consider you an "easy suspect"? Those are the words you use to explain your FOS on me. Are you implying you may have said something that could have been interpreted in a negative way on your part?

I don't, but your implication left me wondering. If your post was a joke, my apologies - but it seemed anything but that.

I'd consider myself an easier suspect than most due to several things:
I) I've been out for a while, thus I may be rusty.
II) I've already noticed that I've forgotten about some specific mechanics, thus possible pressure could get more of that.
III) WIFOM (The reason I fos'd you): since I've started that BW, you may have hoped for an easy lynch.

The thing is you did not start a bandwagon. You made a joke vote on Doom and I made a separate joke vote. Hardly a bandwagon. Now I do find it odd that you were the fourth person to vote me, in essence helping to roll a joke bandwagon on me. That is the same reasoning you used for your initial FOS and then vote.

The main difference is that your vote preceded all the drama and then you use the excuse I voted Doom in the hopes a wagon would start, while you already started rolling one on me. Very hypocritical to boot.

My push back on you was for this exact reason.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Posting from my phone. New guy will be replacing Warlord who has not opened his role PM and. Will be making an official vote count when I can get to my laptop
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Confirmed replacing, will skip the joke vote, and I have nothing to add to the current conversation except for the fact that I find jonty's lack of attention rather scummy (as far as having to "go back to see who he sides with"). Other than that, pretty much nothing to add here and I wont vote him quite yet as I want to see his response to Iron's last post.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby kgb007 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:09 am

some clarity regarding the IB/comm saga..

aage wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:FOS all of you on the Strikewolf bandwagon. He gets lynched and its game over.

Asskisser.

unvote vote IB

so the (new and separate) joke vote begins on IB with aage, technically vote 3 since dazza and skill had joke votes on IB bc "i just felt like it" and "not seeing clearly" respectively (they have since unvoted IB and continued joke voting against dazza)

Commander9 wrote:
aage wrote:

Asskisser.

unvote vote IB

Seems legit. Besides, you hopped on my wagon...

Unvote. Vote Butterfly.

comm obvious IMO joke vote on IB, vote 4

Iron Butterfly wrote:So what exactly do you find legit? The fact that you are obviously piling on a joke vote or that my joke vote on Doom was your bandwagan.

IB's response - possibly sniffing out that it was still a joke vote, perhaps a little defensive..

Commander9 wrote:If you want, we can go out of the joke vote stage. Our wagon was on mod, which was obviously means nothing will happen. It was never going to be realized and even if we reached full numbers, do you really think the mod would have been lynched?

My legitimacy was obviously a joke, but it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my[b] FoS. My vote stays for now[/b]

comm confirming (what most of us all thought was a joke vote) stating it was a joke vote, maybe comm didn't realize but the vote against IB was technically up to 4 and then

i don't agree with this at all as IB only joke voted on doom at the time, maybe i missed it but i didn't see where IB was looking for an easy suspect...

spiesr wrote:Given that it is the only thing we have to go on thus far I will Unvote Vote Commander for overreacting.

momentum building against comm, can't say i disagree at this point

aage wrote:That's exactly why Commander9 is voting for IB. Sounds like OMGUS horsemanure to me.

Not why comm is voting for IB IMO as (I think) have spelled out so far..

pancakemix wrote:Comm joking, IB steaming and jonty sheeping are all pretty much par for the course respectively. Sheeping is definitely the worst of those plays, I'd say. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here: Jonty, how exactly did Comm overreact?

kudos to pancake for succintly summing up the action as i seem not to be doing..

Iron Butterfly wrote:Why would I consider you an "easy suspect"? Those are the words you use to explain your FOS on me. Are you implying you may have said something that could have been interpreted in a negative way on your part?

then we get this from comm in response to IB's question

Commander9 wrote:I don't, but your implication left me wondering. If your post was a joke, my apologies - but it seemed anything but that.

technically true, comm didn't specifcally say he thought IB was considering himself (comm) to be an easy target so i'll go back to my comment in green and i ask you comm, who was IB looking for as an easy target?? vote comm until he gives me a satisfactory answer
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby pancakemix on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 pm

jonty125 wrote:I find his FOS and now serious vote on IB, over-reacting. Maybe it was just me, but I read IB's comment as

[img]

Are you sure? Because it seems to me like IB was the one who overreacted and Comm responded in kind. IB looks to have totally misread Comm's use of the phrase "seems legit" ,which is a meme implying sarcastically that something "seems legit", even though it obviously isn't (like how lynching the mod would end the game). Knowing that meme exists and knowing Comm to be a fan of them (he and I worked on a meme-themed game together in the past) I didn't misread that, but if IB wasn't aware of it that could easily be a cause for misunderstanding.

KGB makes a good point with the highlighted green section: IB had made one vote on Doom (an obvious joke) but Comm kinda blew it up to be more than that when it obviously wasn't. Maybe IB was looking for a reaction (not inherently good or bad), and whether he was or wasn't he got one.

TL;DR: I disagree that one could say Comm overreacted, given the circumstances (since IB almost certainly seems to have overreacted himself), but I do feel Comm exaggerated at points and underestimated the VC.

I'm not going to vote based on that, but I'd like an explanation.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby Commander9 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Would you mind explaining the pattern thingie?

Mind explaining without just hopping on the wagon?

jonty125 wrote:I find his FOS and now serious vote on IB, over-reacting. Maybe it was just me, but I read IB's comment as Image,

It is the best vote that I had at the moment and I did end up sticking with it. I tend to not throw my votes all over the place and I won't be changing that. The only person currently more suspicious to me is you for your jumping the wagon especially without even having a good reason.

Iron Butterfly wrote:The thing is you did not start a bandwagon. You made a joke vote on Doom and I made a separate joke vote. Hardly a bandwagon. Now I do find it odd that you were the fourth person to vote me, in essence helping to roll a joke bandwagon on me. That is the same reasoning you used for your initial FOS and then vote.

The main difference is that your vote preceded all the drama and then you use the excuse I voted Doom in the hopes a wagon would start, while you already started rolling one on me. Very hypocritical to boot.

My push back on you was for this exact reason.

... Look back and read again. My vote was quite clearly a joke while you took it seriously and actually started going away from the joke vote, thus starting some serious voting. Our FoS's are different because while my vote was clearly joke, you started attacking me.

I'd say you are the one who's being a hypocrite, Sir, as up until your question, it was still clearly a joke-vote scene whereas you started gearing it towards day 1 lynch.

@ KB

Can you explain your question again? I've read post twice and I still am unsure what you asked.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:07 pm

To me this seems very town-town.

I was hoping to catch someone trying for an easy lynch out of this, but all the players who BW hopped are in their meta or new.

vote Neb

He is right, we do have to start somewhere. Vague 3-point posts that don't logically lead to point 4, the vote aren't the place to start though.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Commander9 wrote:

Would you mind explaining the pattern thingie?

Just my feelings on those people who are afraid to put their votes out there and would rather play it safe by never voting. It annoys me. So, I always vote what I'm thinking, and don't use FOS...FOS is for those afraid to commit to what they post. By putting a vote out there, it also provides additional information for later in the game that will help town. Sure you can put any WIFOM spin on my thinking you want, but there's your peek into how my mind works.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Commander9 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Just my feelings on those people who are afraid to put their votes out there and would rather play it safe by never voting. It annoys me. So, I always vote what I'm thinking, and don't use FOS...FOS is for those afraid to commit to what they post. By putting a vote out there, it also provides additional information for later in the game that will help town. Sure you can put any WIFOM spin on my thinking you want, but there's your peek into how my mind works.

I'm getting a feeling you've never seen me play before, thus why you are mistaking my plays. I am *not* afraid to commit and put my votes on people and I can be extremely thorough when making my cases, but I will not throw my votes around all the time unless there's a very good reason to do so. I think that FoS is actually extremely useful as it allows people to point out suspicious behavior and tendencies, but do not feel it warrants anything stronger... Yet. Basically, it's normally stored for later use in case that person does something odd, which you can then come back, compare and say: "AHA. At that time he was acting and doing this, but now he's singing a different tune."

It may take a while to get used to my style, but I tend to be quite aggressive and I will point out inconsistencies, patterns, I'll make huge posts and analysis. As I think Safari once said before, Unlynchable townie is a best role for me as I can be as aggressive and thorough as I want which allows me to build my cases and find out scum. If you don't really believe what I've wrote here, just ask any of the older veterans who have played with me and understand what I'm doing (PCM/Edocsil/SafariGuy/StrikeWolf/etc.).
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby kgb007 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:45 pm

Commander9 wrote:@ KB

Can you explain your question again? I've read post twice and I still am unsure what you asked.

You stated in response to IB getting defensively over the "seems legit" bandwagon vote that IB was looking for an "easy target" but IB had not voted other than his joke vote, I don't have access to a computer for the weekend so maybe someone else can help me out but in my previous post, the first green text is your response and the second green text is me disagreeing with your response
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby Commander9 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:48 am

kgb007 wrote:You stated in response to IB getting defensively over the "seems legit" bandwagon vote that IB was looking for an "easy target" but IB had not voted other than his joke vote, I don't have access to a computer for the weekend so maybe someone else can help me out but in my previous post, the first green text is your response and the second green text is me disagreeing with your response

That response didn't answer anything. Your statements are addressing situation before anything happened. The whole thing escalated after my vote on IB, to which he overreacted, which is our whole deal. Your points are absolutely invalid as up until that statement it was obvious a joke-vote stage and up until the IB's accusations, no one was concerned about anything... Which basically renders your whole argument and case invalid.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby pancakemix on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:32 am

He's referring to this:

it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my Fos

So the question then is: who is this easy suspect? Because up to the point when you made this post, IB had only voted one person.
Epic Win

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:53 am

Commander9 wrote:
kgb007 wrote:You stated in response to IB getting defensively over the "seems legit" bandwagon vote that IB was looking for an "easy target" but IB had not voted other than his joke vote, I don't have access to a computer for the weekend so maybe someone else can help me out but in my previous post, the first green text is your response and the second green text is me disagreeing with your response

That response didn't answer anything. Your statements are addressing situation before anything happened. The whole thing escalated after my vote on IB, to which he overreacted, which is our whole deal. Your points are absolutely invalid as up until that statement it was obvious a joke-vote stage and up until the IB's accusations, no one was concerned about anything... Which basically renders your whole argument and case invalid.

I did not over react. I made no accusations. I asked you a simple question, though I forgot to use a question mark. *grin* I would think it was formed as an obvious question.

You love using the word obvious as if it means something. "Obvious" is a matter of perception.

Obviously it was not apparent to you that my comment about the game ending if strike were lynched was a joke. In fact you seemed to believe some believe it could have happened. So the joke was not obvious to you. Obvious to everyone else...but not you, as you had to explain to everyone why that could not be a reality. Get the point??

So please stop using the word Obvious as if it is a valid defense in replying to peoples questions.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Commander9 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:04 am

pancakemix wrote:So the question then is: who is this easy suspect? Because up to the point when you made this post, IB had only voted one person.

He never actually voted me - it was his reaction after my joke-vote post.

Iron Butterfly wrote:I did not over react. I made no accusations. I asked you a simple question, though I forgot to use a question mark. *grin* I would think it was formed as an obvious question.

You love using the word obvious as if it means something. "Obvious" is a matter of perception.

Obviously it was not apparent to you that my comment about the game ending if strike were lynched was a joke. In fact you seemed to believe some believe it could have happened. So the joke was not obvious to you. Obvious to everyone else...but not you, as you had to explain to everyone why that could not be a reality. Get the point??

So please stop using the word Obvious as if it is a valid defense in replying to peoples questions.

You still struggle to read what I and others have written. "Seems legit" was not a serious reply - in fact, it's a meme, so that was obviously a joke. Your response, however, was not. That's where this whole argument has begun and escalated.
Lieutenant Commander9

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives