Conquer Club

Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 6/14 D6: Burnt Out

Postby new guy1 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:25 pm

You're correct, and I also told you I was not in my right head. In fact, I was 8 shots in, so Im surprised I remember posting that, must less the content of the post. I get bored and post when I drink some, sooooooo yeah... I know Im probably getting lynched today regardless of what I say, so I guess thats what was going through my head at the time.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:I cant shake the feeling that new guy is telling the truth. Why on earth, when we didnt even have a lead, would he come out with a claim like that? Any logical mafia player would have suspicion of the claim in almost any situation. So there is no reason for him to come out with the claim. On the other hand, it wouldnt be odd with that logic. Either way, I am going to trust new guy's claim and say I think its neb because:

New guy's past Q to the mod confirmed 2 mafia were on stubb's lynch
That means the players included the following: Spiesr, Jonty, Neb, IB, Dazza, Newguy
Spiesr is dead, jonty is dead, IB is dead confirmed mafia, dazza is a cleared mason. That leaves neb and new guy. From my perspective, none of you have to follow suit, I am cleared, and doom is cleared. That leave neb and new guy. If new guy is telling the truth, neb is the only possible mafia.

So my vote will go on neb.

With this evidence, I will also vote neb once it comes to deciding the vote. What do we have to lose? I mean come on, one person lynched as town, the other will come up mafia. Just throwing it out there. I say this because I know Im being honest, so I understand if you guys lynch me first to prove theres only 3 mafia... I am not in my head right now, so Ill tell you guys tomorrow if this is something I would normally say (thank gosh for my backup psyche when I really need it for preparing junk.)

Of course you will vote me newguy...it's your only option given the trail you've laid. However, it is funny that you just glazed right over your brother's blatant error. Dazza is not a cleared mason. This bothers me greatly, and I truly wonder whether there are only 3 mafia, with you two piggy-backing on each other like this and using false information to clear each other and other players.

I still think newguy is the right target today. If he turns up town, we're still fine, as I think Dazza then would be the final mafia. (although, I'm not sure what ghostly is up to with his post...FOS Ghostly) Either way, town has this wrapped up.

c9 is the other mason. My bad. Dazza is still a confirmed double voter, though could be a politician. So right now there is no reason to doubt new guy's claim because so far its all proven. No one has been missing a vote so there is no reason to doubt that dazza is in fact, not a dirty politician (vote steal instead of starting with 2 votes). Which means you are the only other option in my situation. My vote will still go on you.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Ghost, though he is not a vote stealer, he can still be a mafia double voter.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Sorry for the double post. IB hid behind me, and was mafia. You happened to get role blocked last night, when I did. You have dug yourself a hole. Lynch me town, and you will find that neb (who happened to be blocked last night, just as I claimed) is the only viable option for a mafia member. Its either today or tomorrow that we win.

Choices are now me or neb, for those who skim. One of us was blocked last night because theres ONLY ONE ROLEBLOCKER LEFT. So when I come up town, you know what to do.

Vote neb, for the obvious self preservation reasons between the two of us.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Neb, its time to post your night actions and results.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:12 am

new guy1 wrote:You're correct, and I also told you I was not in my right head. In fact, I was 8 shots in, so Im surprised I remember posting that, must less the content of the post. I get bored and post when I drink some, sooooooo yeah... I know Im probably getting lynched today regardless of what I say, so I guess thats what was going through my head at the time.

Uh oh, sounds like college corrupted you.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Commander9 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Apologies - super busy weekend. Will catch and post tomorrow.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby new guy1 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:27 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
new guy1 wrote:You're correct, and I also told you I was not in my right head. In fact, I was 8 shots in, so Im surprised I remember posting that, must less the content of the post. I get bored and post when I drink some, sooooooo yeah... I know Im probably getting lynched today regardless of what I say, so I guess thats what was going through my head at the time.

Pfft, sophomore year in high school corrupted me :D. Annoying neighbors who knock on my floor when Im WALKING to my kitchen and call the cops saying I am doing it on purpose have made it so I cant help but keep walking to the kitchen to get another shot :D. On game topic, I agree that neb needs to claim NA's. And quick, otherwise its obvious hes going on through the forum trying to find people's claimed actions so he can claim them as his own. Either our RB's action went through, or there is no way that both of us are town. I know who I know the mafia is, its just up to everyone else to see it too :).
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:39 pm

new guy1 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

Pfft, sophomore year in high school corrupted me :D. Annoying neighbors who knock on my floor when Im WALKING to my kitchen and call the cops saying I am doing it on purpose have made it so I cant help but keep walking to the kitchen to get another shot :D. On game topic, I agree that neb needs to claim NA's. And quick, otherwise its obvious hes going on through the forum trying to find people's claimed actions so he can claim them as his own. Either our RB's action went through, or there is no way that both of us are town. I know who I know the mafia is, its just up to everyone else to see it too :).

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Nobody vote until it has been decided who the lynch is... I have seen games end on a speedlynch.

I say new guy.

I would say newguy as well. His role is...strange...and hasn't really provided much beyond some arbitrary information that mafia would know anyway.

I watched Doom last night...I got no information again...assuming roleblocked...

I claimed my night action already. What are you waiting for me to claim, additionally? Perhaps come back when you put the bottle down for a while...

@ Dazza - Ghostly's post isn't what makes me think you scummy. I'm just going through progressions. I'm pretty sure it's newguy as scum. If, by some miracle, he is not scum and has actually been telling the truth about his role, then I would have to look elsewhere. We do need everyone in here to weigh in, so that we make the right decision here.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby new guy1 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:47 pm

I dont need to put the bottle down, but you need to learn to count. Today is day 6. That means you should have 1,2,3,4,5 night actions. I asked for the plural, and what you claimed is the singular. I am up to date on all my actions, because I have already claimed D3. Quit stalling, you have more actions. If you have posted them already, Im sorry I dont remember it, but it would be great if you could put them all here for us to see.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:48 pm

new guy1 wrote:I dont need to put the bottle down, but you need to learn to count. Today is day 6. That means you should have 1,2,3,4,5 night actions. I asked for the plural, and what you claimed is the singular. I am up to date on all my actions, because I have already claimed D4. Quit stalling, you have more actions. If you have posted them already, Im sorry I dont remember it, but it would be great if you could put them all here for us to see.

EBWOP. The only thing that needed changing is I claimed D4 I think, not D3.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby strike wolf on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Vote Count

Neb (1)-New Guy1

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:10 pm

new guy1 wrote:I dont need to put the bottle down, but you need to learn to count. Today is day 6. That means you should have 1,2,3,4,5 night actions. I asked for the plural, and what you claimed is the singular. I am up to date on all my actions, because I have already claimed D3. Quit stalling, you have more actions. If you have posted them already, Im sorry I dont remember it, but it would be great if you could put them all here for us to see.

I have claimed every night action the next day. Since you can't be bothered to look them up... :roll:

N1 – Commander
N2 - Spiesr
N3 – Chuck (I received no results, so I am assuming I was Roleblocked)
N4 – Jonty (roleblocked)
N5 – Doom (roleblocked)

Quite honestly, new guy1, you seem rather desperate with any of your arguments on me. I understand why you are coming at me so hard…you’ve set me up perfectly by roleblocking me the last three nights, just so you can call my actions and role into question.

I’m sure you and I could go back and forth all day on this…I’d like others to weigh in before I cast my vote on you…
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Ok, I am going to flip a coin... If it ends up being dazza, I am going to feel more like a fool.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 pm

If it ends up being dazza, then someone shoot me out of pity, but Im quite confident it is neb. And I seem desperate? I asked for your night actions. Im not going to go through pages of your posts just to find your night actions when I can just as easily ask you to compile a list for me. If it was that easy, then why couldnt you even read my post correctly and post it first, instead of your smart ass remark about me putting down the bottle. I also pointed out the fact that both of us cant be blocked at one time, and so it is between me and you. Spies, the TOWN roleblocker claimed to block me on one of those days.

Do you seriously expect people to believe that the mafia, who know that I am in fact town, would block YOU, a watcher, over ME, a person who single handedly cut our choices from 10 to 6? Everyone will see that you are the mafia after this day, whether it takes another or not.

As to push your post to the wind, why would the mafia block you, a watcher, 3 nights in a row to set you up, when they could be blocking more important roles like the doctor, etc? And thats fine, you can wait for others to weigh in, but I dont fear throwing the vote BECAUSE I KNOW THERES ONLY ONE MAFIA LEFT.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I dont need to put the bottle down, but you need to learn to count. Today is day 6. That means you should have 1,2,3,4,5 night actions. I asked for the plural, and what you claimed is the singular. I am up to date on all my actions, because I have already claimed D3. Quit stalling, you have more actions. If you have posted them already, Im sorry I dont remember it, but it would be great if you could put them all here for us to see.

I have claimed every night action the next day. Since you can't be bothered to look them up... :roll:

N1 – Commander
N2 - Spiesr
N3 – Chuck (I received no results, so I am assuming I was Roleblocked)
N4 – Jonty (roleblocked)
N5 – Doom (roleblocked)

Quite honestly, new guy1, you seem rather desperate with any of your arguments on me. I understand why you are coming at me so hard…you’ve set me up perfectly by roleblocking me the last three nights, just so you can call my actions and role into question.

I’m sure you and I could go back and forth all day on this…I’d like others to weigh in before I cast my vote on you…

I have forgotten by now but is there a confirmed mafia role blocker? Because Neb:

1. Suggests that there is in fact a mafia role blocker

which means:

2. If there isnt a confirmed second role blocker, he knows there is a second and therefore he is such.
3. If there is a confirmed second role blocker, we are still lost.

Now considering Neb is claiming to have been role blocked nights 3-5, if there is a second person in the group thats alive that got blocked N5 (when New guy got blocked) or N3 (When he also got blocked) we can confirm that neb is lying based on the fact that new guy1 said he was blocked N3, and spiesr confirmed it AFTER new guy said he was blocked (lucky guess or real? Im going with real).

Additionally, if it helps at all, Neb was not blocked by spiesr N4 (spiesr said so), so if 2 people were blocked night 4 that are not neb, theres another lie.

Anyone know any of this? Able to answer to it?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:01 am

new guy1 wrote:If it ends up being dazza, then someone shoot me out of pity, but Im quite confident it is neb. And I seem desperate? I asked for your night actions. Im not going to go through pages of your posts just to find your night actions when I can just as easily ask you to compile a list for me. If it was that easy, then why couldnt you even read my post correctly and post it first, instead of your smart ass remark about me putting down the bottle. I also pointed out the fact that both of us cant be blocked at one time, and so it is between me and you. Spies, the TOWN roleblocker claimed to block me on one of those days.

Do you seriously expect people to believe that the mafia, who know that I am in fact town, would block YOU, a watcher, over ME, a person who single handedly cut our choices from 10 to 6? Everyone will see that you are the mafia after this day, whether it takes another or not.

As to push your post to the wind, why would the mafia block you, a watcher, 3 nights in a row to set you up, when they could be blocking more important roles like the doctor, etc? And thats fine, you can wait for others to weigh in, but I dont fear throwing the vote BECAUSE I KNOW THERES ONLY ONE MAFIA LEFT.

watcher is the most powerful town role, next to vig?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:16 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
new guy1 wrote:If it ends up being dazza, then someone shoot me out of pity, but Im quite confident it is neb. And I seem desperate? I asked for your night actions. Im not going to go through pages of your posts just to find your night actions when I can just as easily ask you to compile a list for me. If it was that easy, then why couldnt you even read my post correctly and post it first, instead of your smart ass remark about me putting down the bottle. I also pointed out the fact that both of us cant be blocked at one time, and so it is between me and you. Spies, the TOWN roleblocker claimed to block me on one of those days.

watcher is the most powerful town role, next to vig?

Well, not IMO anyways. I have never seen watcher as being more important than doctor or cop, but thats just me.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:20 am

Cop is the worst role since results can be skewed. It is like a watered-down version of a vig. Docs are counter-productive since they get in the way of vigs.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:25 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Cop is the worst role since results can be skewed. It is like a watered-down version of a vig. Docs are counter-productive since they get in the way of vigs.

Bus drivers play a large role in games as well. Lets get on track here. Who do you suspect at his moment and why?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:30 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Cop is the worst role since results can be skewed. It is like a watered-down version of a vig. Docs are counter-productive since they get in the way of vigs.

I see your reasoning, and I can agree that they have their pitfalls. I now see why this is not an open and shut case. I guess Ill see what I can find on neb tomorrow after my classes to further prove my case.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:31 pm

ghostly447 wrote:

Bus drivers play a large role in games as well. Lets get on track here. Who do you suspect at his moment and why?

Neb was my first suspect for his throw everything at new guy attack - generic scum behaviour. Then new guy retaliated with the same type of attack making it back to a 50/50 split. Hence, the coin flip. However, new guy`s role is outlandish and nobody else this game has had an outlandish role, so I think I will go 60/40 on r.org once deadline approaches.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:40 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:

Neb was my first suspect for his throw everything at new guy attack - generic scum behaviour. Then new guy retaliated with the same type of attack making it back to a 50/50 split. Hence, the coin flip. However, new guy`s role is outlandish and nobody else this game has had an outlandish role, so I think I will go 60/40 on r.org once deadline approaches.

I am home from school, am checking up on other games that I play, and will hopefully find something against neb. I responded the way I did, well, because I know everything hes saying is a lie... Either that or dazza has it in the bag.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Commander9 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:33 pm

A few random thoughts:

Nebs: I still don't have that much time tonight, so lets not rush. One thing I'd like to chip in, tho.. When Neb watched me at Night 1, he did *correctly* call out KGB for trying to vig me - so the only way he could have known that if he either tracked or NK'd me (I sincerely doubt he'd call out someone for attempting to kill someone without knowing at least 95% that he's right) which basically tells us that he was able to watch at least once. We can't really check out his claim for N2 as aage died, but it is somewhat believable. Assuming he's not mafia and if I *were* mafia, he would be my primary roleblocking target as that means that I can be seen and caught at any time. Doesn't clear him... But at the same time doesn't condemn him.

Yoshi: I mean it's theoretically possible that one of the scum is a mason, but it's just such a bastard move... And I would be very shocked to see that. While we didn't agree with each other on some scenarios and people, I would be quite surprised to see him turn scum.

Ghostly: if he's scum, he has pulled of one of the ballsiest moves I've seen. While I can't rule it out, for now I'm fine with his claim. If he does turn out to be scum, I will just sit down, shut up and applaud him.

Dazza: Again, a scum double-voter *is* possible, but very unlikely. It's a very strong role and and quite bastard, so I'd be leaning towards no here too.

Commander9: same as Doom. Obviously, I know I'm a town, but that doesn't mean jack. However, scum-town masons are very bastardly and while it's not unheard off, I do think it's very unlikely.

newguy1: Probably the weakest claim out of everyone. Out of all of the roles that have been confirmed, all of them seemed to be completely conventional... Except for his. While I understand the questions he has asked, I don't really trust him at all. Furthermore, note the post below:

StubbsKVM wrote:Let's see

Neb was roleblocked
newguy was roleblocked
spiesr claimed roleblocker and claims to have roleblocked newguy
nobody has claimed busdriver
IB has claimed Hider: Dazza, Jonty are town if this is true.
Commander-Doom are masons

So that means there is a mafia roleblocker and a mafia busdriver?

I don't really trust spiesr, especially because he wants to lynch the only role that scum can't kill.
But his claim seems to be believable, because newguy has confirmed it.

That means we still need to find 2 fakeclaims, 1 is the roleblocker and 1 is the busdriver.

I think Ghostly or IB would probably be most likely to be lying. Or possibly both.
The other option is spiesr/newguy both lying.

I have seen scum governors before. So if we lynch ghostly, he could use his power, but we still won't know if he's town or scum.
If we lynch IB, and he flips town, we'll have 2 confirmed town in Dazza and Jonty.

So I guess I'll just

vote IB

Does any of that makes sense? Or am I missing something?

In my eyes, this somewhat confirms ghostly as town. He also, conveniently, says nothing about newguy1. He was also one of the last to jump on Stubbs wagon (when he was at L-1 and then to hammer). Furthermore, much earlier he said that stubbs claim was viable, but still decided to vote him in the end...

spiesr wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Very good news in fact. Two of the people on stubb's lynch were mafia. We need only select between those who lynched stubbs, as the rest are cleared (as long as you believe me, of course).
Very interesting. Those on that lynch: Spiesr, Jonty, Neb, IB, Dazza, Newguy
Of those Jonty is dead and Neb, Dazza and myself have what I would consider decent evidence pointing towards town. That just leaves Iron Butterfly and yourself. So yeah, I don't really believe you right now, but I am confused as to what you would have hoped to gain by saying this if you are scum...

Commander9 wrote:I agree with most of your analysis, but here's my list.

People who I'd not lynch unless something major happens: Myself, Doom, Dazza (Double-voter confirmed and mafia is very unlikely), Jonty (fairly confident that he's town), neb (somewhat confirmed since day 2), ghostly (testable and that'd be a pretty balsy claim - most likely town).

[color=#FFFF00]The Yellow Zone: [/color] Spiesr (I honestly can't read him fully and I've suspected that he's the GF at days 1 to 3, but at the same time, he's not quite as scummy as most others in the list).

The Red Zone: newguy (Philo seems like super weak role and in general his claim today may be mafia's attempt to force a no lynch with town trusting them while they win - roleblocked conveniently too), Stubbs (a PERFECT claim for the godfather all around ("King of Rock-and-roll" claim, "BP Townie").

The Twillight Zone: IB has been on my list since day 1 as I still think that was a mistaken overreaction by him - in general I don't think he really contributed that much to town and his claim is by far the weakest IMHO.

[b]So my final thoughts:[/b] My guess is that the mafia is IB, Stubbs and either newguy or Spiesr. I'd lynch in this preference: IB ---> Stubbs ---> Newguy ---> Spiesr >=< everyone else. If I'm right about Stubbs and IB, we should then definitely test out ghostly's claim.

Good catches. Anyways, to summarize: IB ---> Stubbs ---> Newguy ---> Spiesr >=< everyone else. My preferable lynch will still be IB, but I'm willing to go with Stubbs (and worst case scenario newguy). For now, my vote stays on IB.

Furthermore, so far my list seems to have been quite accurate and newguy has been NEXT on my list, so I'll go ahead and put my *IMAGINARY* vote him on now, but there's no need to rush this. Thoughts? Inputs?
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Commander9 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:33 pm

A seriously hate this computer for the double posts... FML.
Last edited by Commander9 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Commander9

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives