Conquer Club

Werewolf Mafia Endgame Town Wins.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Werewolf Mafia (9/9)Saving Grace D1.

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:11 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:So Animanics, when you say, "Heh, all I got from jonty's vote was a joke vote vibe, honestly..." are you saying you believe he is Town instead of mafia based on your joke vote vibe??

No, I'm saying a joke vote (even repeated ones) like those he made is hardly enough to build a case upon at this point. It doesn't make him assuredly a townie, but neither would I see it as a reason for suspicion to be thrown his way (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:46 am

jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
jonty125 wrote:unvote, vote Doom for not researching about the enemy, if you do not know about the enemy, how can we defeat the enemy!!

Vote Jonty

Not a joke vote.

I am always suspicious of players who refer to themselves as Town and use the word "we" as if to convince everyone what a townie they really are.

While not always possible I try to refrain from telling others I am Town when I play one unless I have convincing proof, otherwise it is wasted words.

The point is jonty seems to be trying so hard to be silly and jokey while at the same time telling us how townie he is. My scum alarm is going off big time.

[sarcasm]OH NO! IB has discovered my secret DAYKILL IB[/sarcasm] In all seriousness, and I acknowledge this is an OMGUS vote but unvote, vote IB for a poor case.

Why yes it is an OMGUS vote. While i recognize the weakness of my day one case, which is exactly what it is, I find your over reaction to it even more telling. What would you consider a strong day one case?

For me you have done several small things which combined make my case stronger. My vote was not based on a "strong" case but an observation and hunch. Notice I am not joking and presenting my information in a straight forward way. You on the other hand come off defensive and flippant, which leads me to believe I may be right.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby aage on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:18 pm

I'll hop on IB's case actually. Saying "we" gives off a town vibe (even if you're unaware of it), yet is subtle enough to go unnoticed. I do this 90% of the time whenever I'm scum, rarely as town. Vote jonty.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:08 pm

aage wrote:I'll hop on IB's case actually. Saying "we" gives off a town vibe (even if you're unaware of it), yet is subtle enough to go unnoticed. I do this 90% of the time whenever I'm scum, rarely as town. Vote jonty.

Though I do it all the time, I am normally town doing it. But I will Unvote and Vote Jonty purely because I think he reacted in an obscure way (kind of sarcastic for a serious case, and not really addressing the point at all) and I will also FOS anamainiacks because he seems keen on quickly dismissing anything against Jonty with the old "Its not really a case" even though it D1, therefore very difficult to even build a case. I havent seen anamainiacs before, so maybe he is an old player coming back (maybe someone else can fill me in?), but trying to defend a scum mate (should this be the case) subtly as he is doing here, is a new players mistake on a lot of occasions.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:19 pm

I think the reasoning IB gives is about as good as we're going to get for day 1 and I think we should move past the jokevote phase at some point.

jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
jonty125 wrote:unvote, vote Doom for not researching about the enemy, if you do not know about the enemy, how can we defeat the enemy!!

Vote Jonty

Not a joke vote.

I am always suspicious of players who refer to themselves as Town and use the word "we" as if to convince everyone what a townie they really are.

While not always possible I try to refrain from telling others I am Town when I play one unless I have convincing proof, otherwise it is wasted words.

The point is jonty seems to be trying so hard to be silly and jokey while at the same time telling us how townie he is. My scum alarm is going off big time.

[sarcasm]OH NO! IB has discovered my secret DAYKILL IB[/sarcasm] In all seriousness, and I acknowledge this is an OMGUS vote but unvote, vote IB for a poor case.

To say that it's a poor case would be something that would be true of 99% of Day 1 cases with reasonably experienced players. Poor reasoning means I will vote jonty

Also, I don't recall animaniacs playing much, I would think he's a new player.
Captain safariguy5

Postby rishaed on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Vote Count:

Iron Butterfly (1) - jonty125
jonty125 (5) - aage, Iron Butterfly, safariguy5, DoomYoshi, ghostly447
safariguy5 (1) - anamainiacks
Dibbler (1) - blakebowling
blakebowling (1) - Dibbler

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
That's a lynch. I'll try to get a VC up sooner next time to show that he's at L-1/2 but as Mafia players you must also be aware of how close a lynch is.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Quite happily, the townspeople gathered together that day. Meeting to find no one had died, had made them relaxed. Perhaps too relaxed. They started cracking jokes, and slapping each other on the back, but not too far in someone unnoticed pulled a gun out and shot a poor sap.
jonty125 Amore has been lynched.
Night 2 begins. (Everyone can send in your actions in this 48 hr. period).
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Re: Werewolf Mafia (8/9) Romance is dead N2.

Postby aage on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:14 pm

edited per 5c
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: Werewolf Mafia (8/9) Romance is dead N2.

Postby jonty125 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:33 am

You absolute tools.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Re: Werewolf Mafia (7/9) Innocence of a Child D2.

Postby rishaed on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Seemingly frustrated over the failure of the kill last night, the wolves once again woke to stalk their prey. As the child pretended to sleep, she began to shake with fear as they slowly crept closer to her bed. She knew the Witch would not save her this night. In a silent scream she cried as the wolves began to tear and eat her flesh. When her parents came to wake her up in the morning all they found was the half eaten head laying on the bed.
Safariguy5 Das Blitzende Mädchen has been killed.
Deadline is April 1st.

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 pm

hm. Interesting choice by the mafia as he would have been a very easy claim today seeing as though he hammered Jonty yesterday, and is experienced enough to know better. That leaves me with...Nothing. I guess its time to look into the vote count of yesterday and try to draw something from it or at the very least start getting some talking points developing.

Iron Butterfly (1) - jonty125
jonty125 (5) - aage, Iron Butterfly, safariguy5, DoomYoshi, ghostly447
safariguy5 (1) - anamainiacks
Dibbler (1) - blakebowling
blakebowling (1) - Dibbler

The only potentially tell tale signs are the following:
The players I have seen around most (exception of Jonty and blake) were on the jonty wagon
Jonty was on IB, and though it was a simple OMGUS vote, he was the watcher and could have been attempting to gently nudge it to IB without exposing his role
Anamainiacks was on Safariguy, the player who died.

The scene makes it clear that the vig did not do the killing, but instead the mafia, therefore we should still have a vig kill. Thoughts? I am personally ruling anamainiacks little mention above out as far as a valid case, just isnt really reading much to me, but if more develops there, its not completely out of my range of (for lack of better words, Im in a rush to finish this post) potential suspects. My thinking, honestly, is on IB being the best case but I do not want to proceed until I get home from school and have time to sit down and actually try to get a case together (which obviously wouldnt be much, but still needs to be put together diligently).
Cadet ghostly447

Postby aage on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Jonty wasn't the watcher, Saf was.

Doom as a suspect is off the table, he never supported the lynch. I agreed with IB on his tell so he's not suspicious atm. Saf was the hammer and the watcher.

Leaves Ghostly as only possible suspect on the wagon, but I would rather vote animainiac. He dismissed the only case of the day, maybe because he already knew Jonty was town?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:25 pm

On a different note,
Burgermeister- Has a doublevote if the votes are tied. Is chosen by the first dead player in the game. Afterwards passed by "former" Burgermeistern to player of choice if lynched/NK'd.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 pm

aage wrote:Jonty wasn't the watcher, Saf was.

Doom as a suspect is off the table, he never supported the lynch. I agreed with IB on his tell so he's not suspicious atm. Saf was the hammer and the watcher.

Leaves Ghostly as only possible suspect on the wagon, but I would rather vote animainiac. He dismissed the only case of the day, maybe because he already knew Jonty was town?

Thanks for catching that. Either way, im not ready to jump on an animainiac wagon simply because I want to take a look back into other stuff when I get time tonight before committing to a case. Since I mixed up the roles, I want to see if there are any other things that could be a potential lead rather than saying all my point were null (could apply to other players, etc).
Cadet ghostly447

Postby aage on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 pm

And thirdly, as you may be interested to know, this actually is LyLo and I don't want the scum to hop on my wagon to get the 4 vote lynch so unvote but I would still opt to lynch ana.

Werewolf (3)- Standard Mafia Goon, Max 4 in Game (13 Players) If anywhere between 9-12 there will be 3.
Amore (1)- Selects on pair of people, who will be lovers the rest of the game
Liebespaar- May Not Night/Day Talk
Die Hexe(1)- Has one Heal Potion, and One Poison Potion, Heal prevents NK, Poison is a vig.
Seerin(1)- Essentially a Cop.
Das bliztende Mädchen(1)- I have converted this role to a Watcher, because no matter how much you blink at the screen, you aren't going to find a Werewolf .
Burgermeister- Has a doublevote if the votes are tied. Is chosen by the first dead player in the game. Afterwards passed by "former" Burgermeistern to player of choice if lynched/NK'd.
Burger(2)- Just your average VT.

burger
burger
amore
hexe
seerin
madchen

werewolf
werewolf
werewolf
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Liebespaar- May Not Night/Day Talk

What does this exactly mean? Would we be able to go through and see who hasnt posted and immediately assume they are town or something? To me, it is saying they cant talk, but I am unsure of it.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby aage on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:35 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Liebespaar- May Not Night/Day Talk

What does this exactly mean? Would we be able to go through and see who hasnt posted and immediately assume they are town or something? To me, it is saying they cant talk, but I am unsure of it.

Talk = communicate via PM or other outside-topic media.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Okay I didnt know if it was overall, or maybe they just couldnt be picked by amore or something.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:41 pm

vote Iron Butterfly

Somebody must pay for the events of yesterday. Since saf (the hammerer) is dead, the wagon starter is next.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Gaaah, go town.
Captain safariguy5

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:13 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:vote Iron Butterfly

Somebody must pay for the events of yesterday. Since saf (the hammerer) is dead, the wagon starter is next.

Im going to say that when I vote I will commit to DoomyYoshi.
1. MUST PAY? Lol, no one ever HAS to pay especially the player trying to start D1 off.
2. Did you completely ignore aage's point that it is lylo? And that if you arent mafia then you are still allowing the mafia to pile on and win?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:17 pm

From also knowing there are 3 mafia, I consider that there is also the point to be made that possibly 3 of the 5 to vote on Jonty were mafia. 1 is dead. That leaves me, IB, Aage, and DoomYoshi. DoomYoshi is already apparently skimming (over some rather important info, it could end the game), is in the group of 4, and is pointing the finger at IB, a player that has been trying to get the game moving and trying to build cases out of what he is given.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:31 pm

aage wrote:Doom as a suspect is off the table, he never supported the lynch. I agreed with IB on his tell so he's not suspicious atm. Saf was the hammer and the watcher.

Heh, so yesterday, you guys FOS me because I'm supposedly defending my scum buddy Jonty. And today, you vote me for being scum and knowing Jonty is town. It seems like regardless of Jonty's alignment, you guys are saying that the mere fact that I defended Jonty at all makes me scum. But as can be seen from the result of the strategically bad move of speedlynching, the guys who chose to lynch Jonty were the ones in greater error.

With such a speedlynch, I find it improbable that a werewolf wasn't involved, and there's definitely a werewolf among the remaining 4 who voted there. I'd say DoomYoshi is presently much lower on my radar, since his vote was a joke vote and he wouldn't have known a speedlynch would occur - though admittedly that doesn't entirely clear him either. That leaves aage, IB, and ghostly.

And aage - just because you agreed with IB on his tell doesn't clear him from suspicion. In fact, that's a logical fallacy, and makes me wonder if you're scum buddies trying to clear each other.

(And since some of you were asking yesterday - yes, I'm a new player, not a returning old one :) )

fastposted by ghostly
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Dibbler on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Wow this game is moving way faster then the only other mafia game I was in. I was very busy this weekend and only had time for my normal games and no real time for Mafia so I was very surprised that we went from joke votes to a lynch in about 2 days.

I do feel that the swiftness of the lynch indicates a very high likely hood of werewolf involvement. So the main question I have is do we think it more likely that a werewolf would start the lynch or pile on? Personally i'm not sure Iron Butterfly is a werewolf. His argument for lynching feels much more like a first round stab in the dark looking for some reason to vote and I am far more suspicious of those who piled on then the one who started it. That doesn't completely rule out Iron Butterfly as werewolf but I'm more inclined to go after someone who piled on.

I have to give this more thought and re-read some posts.
Highest Score: Brigadier- 3229 points
Highest Placing: 49 - December 6, 2011
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Dibbler

Postby Dibbler on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:24 pm

something that clears Doom a little for me is that his Jonty vote was during the joke phase and wasn't really part of the piling on. In fact that is the reason I think the last vote went so fast, Doom had voted and not unvoted, so I would suggest that it was only 4 votes that killed Jonti with one of those being Safari who is dead. I lean very heavily to either aage or ghostly now with some suspicion left for IB for leading the initial vote. What does the rest of the town think?
Highest Score: Brigadier- 3229 points
Highest Placing: 49 - December 6, 2011
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Dibbler

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives