Conquer Club

The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 3 [10/13]

Postby lynx_ on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:28 am

Yeah, standard procedure where I play is to claim D1 unless you're damn sure you're not going to be targeted by any town PRs (i.e. not scummy enough to be copped, not townie enough to be docced). My guess is he wanted to avoid an investigation after attracting such suspicion during the day, and claiming PGO is an ideal way to ensure that. We had a game on my other forum where scum claimed PGO right off the bat then coasted through for the win, and since then I've been particularly suspicious of PGO claims.
Cook lynx_

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am

Busdriver is 99% town, mafia busdrivers are very powerful and hence very rare.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby new guy1 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Well how pleasant. Ill break them down for now.

@lynx_- Thank you for the analysis of players, however you forget I replaced into the game with around 3 days left (I think??) and so the person I replaced is responsible for not saying jack for most of the day. I even had to unvote his joke vote for him.

@stubs- When players get roles, they dont usually like to reveal them. My PGO role is no different. I am more likely to be checked in the night by a town player statistically, but I have a 100% mortality rate for the open chance a mafia member would stumble on me.

Back at lynx- I have had a busdriver in one or two of my games, and I have found they are usually town in those games, however they are rare either way. Also, for your last post, standard procedure where you play isnt always standard procedure in other places. Never have I seen on these forums a player, must less the specific role in question, a pgo, come forward day one and say they are a PGO...

Also I remember the question was asked but dont remember specifically answering it, the reason I didnt claim sooner is because I was doing what all the people here always tell me to do and "chilling out". Whenever I make a big deal of cases, they end up with me claiming, and now from this analysis its apparently better to flip out, otherwise I get questioned on two occasions.

I think thats it. I would vote lynx, but I havent seen him in any other games, and so I blame his directing of the town (jonty and stubs are 99% confirmed town, listen to them) on being foreign to the forums.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 pm

jonty125 wrote:Busdriver is 99% town, mafia busdrivers are very powerful and hence very rare.

Indeed. Perhaps things are different on other forums, but I've modded a game with a mafia busdriver and they were quite strong.
Captain safariguy5

Postby lynx_ on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:15 pm

That's a very defensive post, new guy... Any chance of some scum-hunting beyond 'I think you're be scum for suspecting me'?
Cook lynx_

Postby Comrade Kirk on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:12 pm

new guy1 wrote:I think thats it. I would vote lynx, but I havent seen him in any other games, and so I blame his directing of the town (jonty and stubs are 99% confirmed town, listen to them) on being foreign to the forums.

I would agree that Stubs and Jonty are most likely town (one has claimed McNulty and was most likely the drunk driver who was targeted by the mafia, and the other was cleared by McNulty). I find it strange that you chose to attack that part of Lynx's player summary. A PGO claim is also a very easy way for the mafia to avoid investigations. The only reason I'm not voting for you after that "defense" is that I think your character is very likely to be in the game and the role fits with the flavour.

I personally think that ghostly's attempt to support Betiko's defense is suspicious. That's where my vote is going.

Vote: ghostly447
Cadet Comrade Kirk

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:31 pm

Comrade Kirk wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I think thats it. I would vote lynx, but I havent seen him in any other games, and so I blame his directing of the town (jonty and stubs are 99% confirmed town, listen to them) on being foreign to the forums.

I would agree that Stubs and Jonty are most likely town (one has claimed McNulty and was most likely the drunk driver who was targeted by the mafia, and the other was cleared by McNulty). I find it strange that you chose to attack that part of Lynx's player summary. A PGO claim is also a very easy way for the mafia to avoid investigations. The only reason I'm not voting for you after that "defense" is that I think your character is very likely to be in the game and the role fits with the flavour.

I personally think that ghostly's attempt to support Betiko's defense is suspicious. That's where my vote is going.

I put that there because a couple people pitched ideas as to the only ways he could be town. So I gave my input as for another reason to which he could have been town, and therefore both be town, or jonty trying something tricky. I supported no one in this game and still dont.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Comrade Kirk wrote:

Thats another thing that irritates me on this forum. If I dont give anyone else to look at/my thoughts on things, then its I havent said enough and thats scummy. If I give my take on it, thats scummy. Is there any way to get around looking scummy when all you're trying to do is literally give your input? I understand PGO is a pretty bad claim as far as being trustworthy, but damn at least give me a chance -_-.

Also lynx, if I wanted to come off as defensive, I would have voted you. You're talking as if I voted you. A little on edge there, lynx?
Sergeant new guy1

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 2 [12/13]

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Djfireside wrote:Im trying to determine if there is any other way that you could be who you say you are and for this still to work. I guess a mafia BD would cover it if they understand the role and understanding the players which a few fit the bill, framer may be a stretch but a possibility but not one I am leaning on.

In my head there are 3 possibilties. Its either you are a Mafia RB, You are third party and getting claimed as bad or there is a strange Tied Lover type connection between you two (which is a damn stretch), or you got BD'ed.

At this point I guess will have to watch how the chips fly and what others have to add since you have made a decent plea for yourself. You are wrong on your first thought, I am not an SK.

I will leave my vote where it is for now but curious to have others chime in.

So kirk, why you going after me when dj decided to start it? Im sorry, but last I checked, if you are going to try to single someone out for a certain reason, you need to include everyone. I dont mind the pressure on me, but dont lose site of everyone else.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Comrade Kirk wrote:

I feel like this post is very wishy-washy. You bring up the summary of what happened during the night. I don't see much to contradict what happened at night, but then again, you're not the first person to say that. And then you go back and forth on whether the PGO claim makes sense. This is something we discussed on Day 1.

Now for your reason to vote ghostly.

Here are his posts before replying to your vote:
ghostly447 wrote:Im sorry guys, I did try posting when I got my role pm, but it said there was an error with the site, I left it for a few hours, did some stuff around the house, and it evaded my thoughts that night. And now I finally got time to read up. I confirm that I got my role on the 12th, and actually didnt visit the site all of yesterday (hanging out with friends all day, and till about 5am last night). I am here now, and just getting back into the swing of logging in the play a mafia game (havent played in ages).

Adam

ghostly447 wrote:Similar to a previous game I played (pokemon 2? it was Dooms) I had a role where I had to live as a survivor, but also had to eliminate zimmah. This, or at least a variation of it, could give another possibility that Jonty needs him dead (because someone said that they hated each other) either ending the game with his win, or completing part of his personal agenda.

I assume you're talking about the second post. This is hardly an out and out defense of betiko. I think you're misrepresenting it to give yourself a weak reason to bandwagon a vote.

vote Comrade Kirk
Captain safariguy5

Postby lynx_ on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Comrade Kirk wrote:The only reason I'm not voting for [new guy] after that "defense" is that I think your character is very likely to be in the game and the role fits with the flavour.
I don't know the flavour, but is new guy's role more or less likely to be in the game than betiko's false-claim, Rawls? I ask because on my other forum, in games with heavy flavour like this scum will normally have safe-claims.

new guy1 wrote:Thats another thing that irritates me on this forum. If I dont give anyone else to look at/my thoughts on things, then its I havent said enough and thats scummy. If I give my take on it, thats scummy. Is there any way to get around looking scummy when all you're trying to do is literally give your input? I understand PGO is a pretty bad claim as far as being trustworthy, but damn at least give me a chance -_-.

Also lynx, if I wanted to come off as defensive, I would have voted you. You're talking as if I voted you. A little on edge there, lynx?
Why are you so worried about appearing scummy? Once again, I can see this post being made from a scum POV.
And I don't think you *wanted* to come off as defensive, nor did I think you voted me. I was referring to this part of your post:
new guy1 wrote:I would vote lynx, but I havent seen him in any other games, and so I blame his directing of the town (jonty and stubs are 99% confirmed town, listen to them) on being foreign to the forums.

ghostly447 wrote:Im sorry, but last I checked, if you are going to try to single someone out for a certain reason, you need to include everyone. I dont mind the pressure on me, but dont lose site of everyone else.
Ping! Don't like being singled out, eh?
Cook lynx_

Postby new guy1 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:55 pm

lynx_ wrote:
Comrade Kirk wrote:The only reason I'm not voting for [new guy] after that "defense" is that I think your character is very likely to be in the game and the role fits with the flavour.
I don't know the flavour, but is new guy's role more or less likely to be in the game than betiko's false-claim, Rawls? I ask because on my other forum, in games with heavy flavour like this scum will normally have safe-claims.

new guy1 wrote:Thats another thing that irritates me on this forum. If I dont give anyone else to look at/my thoughts on things, then its I havent said enough and thats scummy. If I give my take on it, thats scummy. Is there any way to get around looking scummy when all you're trying to do is literally give your input? I understand PGO is a pretty bad claim as far as being trustworthy, but damn at least give me a chance -_-.

Why are you so worried about appearing scummy? Once again, I can see this post being made from a scum POV.
And I don't think you *wanted* to come off as defensive, nor did I think you voted me. I was referring to this part of your post:
new guy1 wrote:I would vote lynx, but I havent seen him in any other games, and so I blame his directing of the town (jonty and stubs are 99% confirmed town, listen to them) on being foreign to the forums.

ghostly447 wrote:Im sorry, but last I checked, if you are going to try to single someone out for a certain reason, you need to include everyone. I dont mind the pressure on me, but dont lose site of everyone else.
Ping! Don't like being singled out, eh?

I worry about looking scummy because looking scummy in general gets you lynched, whether you're town or scum. Also, I see nothing that says ghostly was trying to avoid being singled out. He was stating that his accuser was voting the wrong person for the reason he gave. Thats reasonable.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:05 am

Wow, I did not actually see the cutscene that way. I thought they shot the drunk guy. But I wasn't sure why kgb's character would be drunk. I let it slide because I don't know the series.

So now it would appear the busdriver targeted Jonty, right?

I think I'm content with New Guy's answer. The character he claimed matches his role claim and no-one has counterclaimed his character. So I'll believe him for now.

Nobody has talked about spiesr yet. He tried spreading some confusion on Jonty's cop claim on day 1. Do you still feel the same way spiesr?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:46 am

Vote Count 3.1

new guy1 (1) - lynx_,
ghostly447 (1) - Comrade Kirk,
Comrade Kirk (1) - safariguy5,

Not Voting: Jonty, spiesr, skillfusniper, new guy1, Djfireside, ghostly447, stubbsKVM

With 10 Alive it takes 6 to Lynch

Deadline is Thursday July 4th at 10pm EST (7 days, 11 hours, 14 minutes remaining)
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby spiesr on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 am

Hey, I am only able to be here for a moment. I should have full access again tomorrow night. I will try to take care of everything then.
StubbsKVM wrote:Nobody has talked about spiesr yet. He tried spreading some confusion on Jonty's cop claim on day 1. Do you still feel the same way spiesr?
Captain spiesr

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 1 [13/13]

Postby lynx_ on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:16 am

spiesr wrote:Vote Jonty, his responses to recent actions have given me the vibe that he is trying to jump on everything that comes up. If I extrapolate this, possibly unreasonably, it points towards him hoping that any of that sticks and a "lynch anybody but me" mentality. This vote is weak but should suffice at this time of Day.
Actually, this is the only analysis that spiesr has attempted. And I remember being somewhat suspicious about it even at the time, IMO this is weak reasoning for attacking a relatively townie player.

spiesr, who do you think is the most scummy player currently?

Unvote
Vote: spiesr
Cook lynx_

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:05 am

lynx_ wrote:
spiesr wrote:Vote Jonty, his responses to recent actions have given me the vibe that he is trying to jump on everything that comes up. If I extrapolate this, possibly unreasonably, it points towards him hoping that any of that sticks and a "lynch anybody but me" mentality. This vote is weak but should suffice at this time of Day.
Actually, this is the only analysis that spiesr has attempted. And I remember being somewhat suspicious about it even at the time, IMO this is weak reasoning for attacking a relatively townie player.

Unvote

I felt spieser's case was legit at the time.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby lynx_ on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:33 am

Jumping on anything that comes up is townie. And I don't know where he got the idea you were exhibiting a 'lynch anyone but me' mentality.
Cook lynx_

Postby Djfireside on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:04 am

ghostly447 wrote:
Djfireside wrote:Im trying to determine if there is any other way that you could be who you say you are and for this still to work. I guess a mafia BD would cover it if they understand the role and understanding the players which a few fit the bill, framer may be a stretch but a possibility but not one I am leaning on.

In my head there are 3 possibilties. Its either you are a Mafia RB, You are third party and getting claimed as bad or there is a strange Tied Lover type connection between you two (which is a damn stretch), or you got BD'ed.

At this point I guess will have to watch how the chips fly and what others have to add since you have made a decent plea for yourself. You are wrong on your first thought, I am not an SK.

So kirk, why you going after me when dj decided to start it? Im sorry, but last I checked, if you are going to try to single someone out for a certain reason, you need to include everyone. I dont mind the pressure on me, but dont lose site of everyone else.

Adam

SO I get the divert from this one? I simply was listing out any way that he could be who he was and how it may play in however I thought I was able to do it since I was also the one who listed out why his fake claim really didnt work. I had my vote on and left and took the backlask from him.

Ive had my doubts on Kirk but will grant him some leeway at this point
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby ghostly447 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Djfireside wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:

Adam

SO I get the divert from this one? I simply was listing out any way that he could be who he was and how it may play in however I thought I was able to do it since I was also the one who listed out why his fake claim really didnt work. I had my vote on and left and took the backlask from him.

Ive had my doubts on Kirk but will grant him some leeway at this point

I wasnt really trying to divert it just point out that he is singling me out when there are others who have done the same thing.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby skillfusniper33 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:22 pm

lynx_ wrote:

Unvote

I agree with Jonty. This was a day 1 action where we had nothing to go off of. People jumping around is pretty common, but he was the only one who was "fidgety."
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Comrade Kirk on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:01 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Comrade Kirk wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:Similar to a previous game I played (pokemon 2? it was Dooms) I had a role where I had to live as a survivor, but also had to eliminate zimmah. This, or at least a variation of it, could give another possibility that Jonty needs him dead (because someone said that they hated each other) either ending the game with his win, or completing part of his personal agenda.

I assume you're talking about the second post. This is hardly an out and out defense of betiko. I think you're misrepresenting it to give yourself a weak reason to bandwagon a vote.

vote Comrade Kirk

I know that it's not an out and out defense, which is what makes it suspicious. It would be a bad move for scum to attach themselves too strongly to someone who has been caught by the cop. Ghostly's post was designed to spread doubt about the validity of the cop's evidence whilst also keeping his distance from Betiko.
Cadet Comrade Kirk

Postby ghostly447 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Comrade Kirk wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:
Comrade Kirk wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

vote Comrade Kirk

I know that it's not an out and out defense, which is what makes it suspicious. It would be a bad move for scum to attach themselves too strongly to someone who has been caught by the cop. Ghostly's post was designed to spread doubt about the validity of the cop's evidence whilst also keeping his distance from Betiko.

Or I did what (forgive me if I give the wrong name, I dont have time to go back. The guy I pointed out and he said he gets it placed on him, etc.) djfireside did and gave a valid reason as to being one of the only options as to how he could be town. You know, that thing that I have been saying a few times. You need to take a different approach or youll get the same response.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby thechuck51 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Vote Count 3.2

spiesr (1) - lynx_,
ghostly447 (1) - Comrade Kirk,
Comrade Kirk (1) - safariguy5,

Not Voting: Jonty, spiesr, skillfusniper, new guy1, Djfireside, ghostly447, stubbsKVM

With 10 Alive it takes 6 to Lynch

Deadline is Thursday July 4th at 10pm EDT (6 days, 0 hours, 22 minutes remaining)
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby lynx_ on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:56 pm

It's crazy how much people defend each other on this forum. When I put pressure on someone with an accusation and a vote, I mean for that person to respond so that I can watch the response carefully. Why not let spiesr speak for himself? Maybe he'd have said the exact same thing, but then again he might have said something scummy. If he comes back and sees two separate people giving him ideas for defense, it makes it far too easy for him to say 'what they said'. That's not what scum-hunting is about, and on my other forum people can be lynched outright for buddying--it's not helpful for town whatever your alignment.

/rant

Back with new leads later.
Cook lynx_

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives