Conquer Club

The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 5 [7/13]

Postby spiesr on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 pm

With Jonty gone now and only one scum dead so far we are in rough shape. I investigated lynx_ last night and got another guilty.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:27 am

spiesr wrote:With Jonty gone now and only one scum dead so far we are in rough shape. I investigated lynx_ last night and got another guilty.

Yes we are. In a game this size, I would expect us to either be at LYLO or very close to it. I am going to guess that since our cop is dead, we may very likely be facing a day with no more information than yesterday, and so we are in almost the worst shape we can be in. Does anyone have any information that can help us?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:53 am

Well, I'm going to claim, regardless of any info.

I am Detective Kima Greggs, Town Watcher.

On Night 1, I watched Lynx: No result
On Night 2, I watched Jonty: Safariguy(so I knew he was busdriver then)
On Night 3, I watched Safariguy: No Result
On Night 4, I watched Jonty: No Result

I watched the right target 2 nights in a row, but got no result twice. Considering the Mafia Roleblocker is dead, I have no idea what to think of that. At first I thought they mave have a JOAT who roleblocked me, but twice in a row is too much.
1. I think it's pretty weird they knew Safariguy was Busdriver. Or was this a lucky shot?
2. I thought of a town roleblocker who could block me, but that wouldn't make sense, considering Jonty has pretty much cleared me.

Vote Ghostly

Back to this.

If you still don't believe my claim, check the scene from night 2. It clearly mentions someone watching Jonty as he is busdriven by Safariguy.

Any idea why I didn't get results 2 nights in a row?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:22 am

I will not come out with a claim but if you guys want one, tell me and I have no problem saying so. I know I kind of dipped out without explaining myself yesterday (in game) and will understand if I get votes on me, etc. I didnt feel I was defending new guy, and more felt I saw what I considered scummy activity out of lynx, and therefore took it upon myself as a personal thing (for lack of better words) to not allow a large case to be built on new guy based on lynx's, what I considered to be, weak evidence with holes all throughout. I am going to dig back tomorrow to find my post I made where I said I was going to break down lynx's case bit by bit, and I will do it today along with a claim if it is wanted. For now though, its almost 3:30am here and I need sleep.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 am

Sorry for the double post, I clicked newest post and it was the scene. I didnt remember to go to the next page. Going to read up on that and will still plan to post tomorrow.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:25 am

GO TOWN!!
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:42 am

Did you not get a result, or did it say that nobody visited your target? Is there a difference with this mod?
Captain spiesr

Postby Djfireside on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:19 pm

I believe we are getting to the point where everyone may want to claim to get a even ground. Stubbs the fact that you hit the right person twice in a row but got nothing does lead to me think something is afoot there. I will also claim just to get things out since I have a question I want to ask which requires my role so mine as well go with it.

I am Reginald "Bubbles" Cousins and my role allows me to watch for actions done to a person. My first couple of actions didnt prove much of anything but last night did as I think I can prove at least 2 others are clean out of the 7 which makes the numbers that much easier to work with.

I can prove that there was in fact a cop on lynx last night so I guess Spies to be clean but there was someone else, and that is my question since I believe that person should be clean so who are you so we can get the lists down. Plus any further actions would be helpful.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:37 pm

spiesr wrote:Did you not get a result, or did it say that nobody visited your target? Is there a difference with this mod?

I got "No Result"
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby Djfireside on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Based on my own role that conforms to what I have seen. The fact that you got no data back is what is bothering me but will continue on my thought process and move off it later once compiled
Private Djfireside

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:34 pm

In fact, I was so surprised I didn't get a result the first time(on Saf) that I asked Chuck to doublecheck.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Im no fan of mass claiming, but to even the playing field a bit, and to try to get the ball rolling in the right direction I will claim.

Detective Leandor Sydnor - Town Tracker. I am keeping my info to myself except for night 2 or 3 (cant remember) spiesr visited skillfusniper, and he did not die, so I believe spiesr's claim is true and trust him to be town in my eyes. I will also say the night 1 I messed up and did not get an action in because I was still getting into the swing of logging back into cc each day. More later, just dropped in quick. Going to a friends house shortly and likely wont be back till late tonight, but I will try to make the effort to log back on and finally get the post with lynx cleared up. And yes, I know that someone is going to say "He just keeps saying he will get to it" but life has been pretty busy, and I am trying my best. Lol

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby skillfusniper33 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 am

I am with ghostly and hate mass claims, but oh well there are worse things in life.

A.S.A Rhonda Pearlman - Town 1-Shot Lie Detector I haven't used my one shot yet since I believe NG to be the PGO, and wanted to save it for something a little more crucial. I will use it tonight on one of the claims.

Ghostly we really need you to reveal who you followed since we can then cross reference to see if anything comes up as fishy.

We can also probably gain a ton of information from DJ's role as well, and I don't know the role, so do you mind letting us know the actual name of it?
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:47 am

Alright then. I know I posted a couple but I will go night by night.

Night 1 - Missed
Night 2 - Spiesr, No Result
Night 3 - Spiesr (I felt suspicious of him), Skilfusniper33
Night 4 - I still wont reveal quite yet. I know cross referencing can be key, but if it comes to that and I see it can be referenced, I will speak up. I am just trying something. I will fill you all in at a more convenient time for the game to pick up, etc.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Djfireside on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:08 am

skillfusniper33 wrote:I am with ghostly and hate mass claims, but oh well there are worse things in life.

A.S.A Rhonda Pearlman - Town 1-Shot Lie Detector I haven't used my one shot yet since I believe NG to be the PGO, and wanted to save it for something a little more crucial. I will use it tonight on one of the claims.

Ghostly we really need you to reveal who you followed since we can then cross reference to see if anything comes up as fishy.

We can also probably gain a ton of information from DJ's role as well, and I don't know the role, so do you mind letting us know the actual name of it?

Sorry I thought I Had it in there

Town Informant

As for you role, is it the basic you get to send a phrase to the mod to determine is someone is lying?
Private Djfireside

Postby Djfireside on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:49 am

So here is my basic gathering thus far

2. spiesr -- Cop -- Insane/Paranoid Unsure
3. lynx_
5. skillfusniper33 -- A.S.A Rhonda Pearlman - 1-Shot Lie Detector
6. new guy1 Prez -- Prez -- PGO
10. Djfireside -- Bubbles -- Informant
11. ghostly447 -- Detective Leandor Sydnor - Tracker
12. stubbsKVM -- Kima Greggs Watcher
Private Djfireside

Postby lynx_ on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:25 am

I'm Detective Ellis Carver - Bulletproof Townie. But now it's in the open, I'm effectively a VT.

skillfu, can you use your lie detector on new guy's claim? And more to the point, why didn't you back on D1? It would have been nice to know that sort of information back when he made a claim which happened to be nigh on impossible to prove without your specific power...

Also, it looks like we have a tracker, watcher and non-standard watcher all being claimed. That sounds like overkill to me, and once again ghostly is involved. His consistently content-less posts aren't helping.

Stubbs' results are rather odd, as he appears to have visited the NK victim two nights in a row. Is there any precedent for a naive tracker? Alternatively, scum could have a role that can avoid watchers like a ninja.

I'm withholding a vote until I hear back from the two I mentioned. If skillfu can test new guy's claim, he needs to tonight. I'll refrain from discussing the specifics in order to avoid giving scum any ideas.

And finally, with spiesr's results so far we know that (a) he is insane (and either at least two of <new guy, DJ, ghostly> are scum, or scum have a godfather and at least one of <new guy, DJ, ghostly> are scum), or (b) he is paranoid. If two of <new guy, DJ, ghostly> aren't scum together, whoever is will likely now know his sanity (but the game is probably over for them if he is insane). This is all from my own POV of course, sorry but I don't normally include myself in these sorts of calculations.

Mod, is sanity revealed on death?

I'll see if any more analysis can be done after work tomorrow as I'm exhausted now.
Cook lynx_

Postby Djfireside on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Ghostly, Now that everyone is out we need what you did last night just to get everything square with what is happening sicne there are no actions unaccounted for really other than yours
Private Djfireside

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:44 pm

I will agree that my results are odd. That's why I was jumpy on Day 3. I wanted to ask what it could mean, but I couldn't claim because I wanted to watch Jonty.

I think Ghostly's claim is fake. He also made a typo on "Leander". Not that it means a lot, but we also saw this with Betiko.

I've googled for the other characters, and they seem to be much more important than his.

His vague actions and his "I'm not going to claim unless you want me to", add to my suspicions about him.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Stubbs, he is most likely looking for actions that dont match up with what they say he did. Lynx, I dont care if you know you're town, you dont take yourself out of the pool of scum and you dont put yourself in it. You probably shouldnt even bother making your own official list because if there are discrepancies with other players, they will call you out on it. Can someone with the background knowledge of this show figure out if flavor matches roles given. Go ahead and use your lie detector on me tonight so that this post can be trusted, and back to lynx, you pick the standard role out of the bunch, ghostly over the informer? Informer would be the obvious odd one out if you werent looking with a biased perspective. Informer is very unlikely to be counterclaimed whilst tracker and watcher are quite likely. Alongside that, you were the last person to claim and it took you almost 24 hours to post, making it impossible for you to be counterclaimed if you had to make up a fake claim. He was the second person to claim, and while he was withholding of his night actions, he was doing it to catch people on their bluffs, which reminds me. DJ, not everyone's roles are accounted for. What does your role do? Does it have night actions? If so, why did you not think they were important to include?

Djfireside wrote:I believe we are getting to the point where everyone may want to claim to get a even ground. Stubbs the fact that you hit the right person twice in a row but got nothing does lead to me think something is afoot there. I will also claim just to get things out since I have a question I want to ask which requires my role so mine as well go with it.

I am Reginald "Bubbles" Cousins and my role allows me to watch for actions done to a person. My first couple of actions didnt prove much of anything but last night did as I think I can prove at least 2 others are clean out of the 7 which makes the numbers that much easier to work with.

I can prove that there was in fact a cop on lynx last night so I guess Spies to be clean but there was someone else, and that is my question since I believe that person should be clean so who are you so we can get the lists down. Plus any further actions would be helpful.

Break down the actions will you? You havent claimed them.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Djfireside on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:10 pm

new guy1 wrote:Stubbs, he is most likely looking for actions that dont match up with what they say he did. Lynx, I dont care if you know you're town, you dont take yourself out of the pool of scum and you dont put yourself in it. You probably shouldnt even bother making your own official list because if there are discrepancies with other players, they will call you out on it. Can someone with the background knowledge of this show figure out if flavor matches roles given. Go ahead and use your lie detector on me tonight so that this post can be trusted, and back to lynx, you pick the standard role out of the bunch, ghostly over the informer? Informer would be the obvious odd one out if you werent looking with a biased perspective. Informer is very unlikely to be counterclaimed whilst tracker and watcher are quite likely. Alongside that, you were the last person to claim and it took you almost 24 hours to post, making it impossible for you to be counterclaimed if you had to make up a fake claim. He was the second person to claim, and while he was withholding of his night actions, he was doing it to catch people on their bluffs, which reminds me. DJ, not everyone's roles are accounted for. What does your role do? Does it have night actions? If so, why did you not think they were important to include?

Djfireside wrote:I believe we are getting to the point where everyone may want to claim to get a even ground. Stubbs the fact that you hit the right person twice in a row but got nothing does lead to me think something is afoot there. I will also claim just to get things out since I have a question I want to ask which requires my role so mine as well go with it.

Break down the actions will you? You havent claimed them.

I claimed who I was and what my role did and thought I put my role but put it later so I was claimed pretty quickly and called for it.

As for my actions, the first two nights I watched Comrade Kirk and got "No Result" as others did in flavor hence I thought that okay. Night 3 I watched Jonty and he got busdriven. Last Night I watched Lynx and got two results that they were visited by a cop and a tracker. As I said the first days didnt give me much to go on but the last one gives me enough to work with.
Private Djfireside

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:23 pm

unvote

Ghostly send us your night 4 action please.

DJ, what result did you get on night 3, regardless of the busdrive?
And why did you watch comrade kirk 2 nights in a row?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:42 pm

lynx_ wrote:I'm Detective Ellis Carver - Bulletproof Townie. But now it's in the open, I'm effectively a VT.

skillfu, can you use your lie detector on new guy's claim? And more to the point, why didn't you back on D1? It would have been nice to know that sort of information back when he made a claim which happened to be nigh on impossible to prove without your specific power...

Also, it looks like we have a tracker, watcher and non-standard watcher all being claimed. That sounds like overkill to me, and once again ghostly is involved. His consistently content-less posts aren't helping.

Stubbs' results are rather odd, as he appears to have visited the NK victim two nights in a row. Is there any precedent for a naive tracker? Alternatively, scum could have a role that can avoid watchers like a ninja.

I'm withholding a vote until I hear back from the two I mentioned. If skillfu can test new guy's claim, he needs to tonight. I'll refrain from discussing the specifics in order to avoid giving scum any ideas.

And finally, with spiesr's results so far we know that (a) he is insane (and either at least two of <new guy, DJ, ghostly> are scum, or scum have a godfather and at least one of <new guy, DJ, ghostly> are scum), or (b) he is paranoid. If two of <new guy, DJ, ghostly> aren't scum together, whoever is will likely now know his sanity (but the game is probably over for them if he is insane). This is all from my own POV of course, sorry but I don't normally include myself in these sorts of calculations.

Mod, is sanity revealed on death?

I'll see if any more analysis can be done after work tomorrow as I'm exhausted now.

I will start this post off with a Vote Lynx.

Due to this Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellis_Carver

wiki wrote:Daniels eventually realized that Carver was acting as Burrell's spy in the detail, and cautioned Carver not to repeat the mistakes Daniels made earlier in his own career.

For more information on Burrell, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervin_Burrell.

If you look at the Bio of Burrell, it clearly states that: "Burrell is a statistical bureaucrat who cares more about reducing crime on paper than building strong cases." And also "From the beginning, Burrell is unsupportive of the unit, giving Daniels the worst officers available."

If this doesnt scream mafia, then I dont know what can at this point. He is a spy for Burrell and he is claiming he is bullet proof? I dont think so. The only thing that would suggest that is he always gets out of trouble, but that is because of other people, not his own doing.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Thoughts:
  • It is suspicious, but potentially understandable, that ghostly only claimed to have tracked actions that were already claimed, then waited for everything else to be claimed before revealing the rest.
  • With Djfireside's claimed results either he and ghostly or both scum or both town.
  • It is very suspicious that skillfusniper has claimed a role that could clear any one person and newguy is asking it to be used on him. I highly suspect that they are scumbuddies.
Let's see what ghostly has to say about where lynx_ went.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:01 pm

spiesr wrote:Thoughts:
  • It is suspicious, but potentially understandable, that ghostly only claimed to have tracked actions that were already claimed, then waited for everything else to be claimed before revealing the rest.
  • With Djfireside's claimed results either he and ghostly or both scum or both town.
  • It is very suspicious that skillfusniper has claimed a role that could clear any one person and newguy is asking it to be used on him. I highly suspect that they are scumbuddies.
Let's see what ghostly has to say about where lynx_ went.

I agreed to his the plan that someone else mentioned. Sorry that it didnt go through my head that him clearing me made us scumbuddies. Either you believe his claim and you trust his results, or you dont believe his claim and that means you should vote him. I agree it is possible that ghost is holding back actions to make sure he is cleared, but I have seen him use this tactic before and so I feel like he is town using the same tactic. Either way, we can see what is revealed when he posts. Also, if you dont want me to be cleared, then go on and believe my role, because if you requests he uses his role on someone else and turn around and think Im scum, then you threw away your chance for a cleared townie because of a suspicion.
Sergeant new guy1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives