Conquer Club

The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 5 [7/13]

Postby StubbsKVM on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:24 am

New guy/ ghostly scum team?

What about dj then?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby lynx_ on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:37 am

I wanted to see the reactions between them. I've found a couple already using the search function, will sit down and read through this evening.
Cook lynx_

Postby lynx_ on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:37 am

s/reactions/interaction
Cook lynx_

Postby spiesr on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:47 am

skillfusniper33 wrote:I think he could be using the same name, but just changing his alignment, and role.
It seems very unlikely that said character would be properly scum aligned, third party maybe, but not scum. If he is scum he is using a fake character.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:53 am

lynx_ wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
spiesr wrote:Vote Newguy, for my previously mentioned reasons and my doubt at the existence of a PGO after taking another look at the rest of the claims.

Wow. Someone with background knowledge of the show basically says my claim is believable, I dig up evidence on a player whose claim is the most unfitting (since when has there been a cop who was bulletproof?) and you come in and vote me.
...is the most defensive post ever.

Not to mention that I'm starting to get a little worried about all these votes on me.
Vote: new guy1

FoS skillful for suddenly appearing when a wagon was starting, not to mention his barely thought-out reasoning.

I'm not convinced we need an extension yet as there are still 4 days left by my count. A prod on DJ would be nice though.

It may be the most defensive post ever, but if it gets the job done to the best of my abilities, it should be posted. If nobody made defenses then this would be a pretty easy game to play, and wouldnt require much thought. You should be getting worried. If Dj comes in and decides the case on you is a good one then you are getting lynched. Skillful may have jumped on a wagon, but he managed to write a paragraph in which he included his background knowledge of the show and added on that he agreed with my thought process of there not being a BP cop. I hardly consider that not thought out. I reread the wiki, and there is absolutely nothing that would show your character as Bullet proof and Skillful has come in and said your guy was out for himself. Whether you are convinced we need an extension, one cant hurt and its better to request it now than last minute. Agreed, I would like DJ to be prodded.

Fastposted: Spiesr, there are no third parties (at least ones that do NK's, or he/they havent done it) and he was a spy for someone who did not support the unit. How is that not sounding like a scum role for you?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:54 pm

New Guy, let's say you're right about Lynx. Who would be his scumpartner?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:52 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:New Guy, let's say you're right about Lynx. Who would be his scumpartner?

Either you or spiesr. Im leaning spiesr because in light of all the evidence I posted versing the case lynx posted, he choose lynx's case, so I feel as though he is purposefully looking over the evidence.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:02 pm

vote new guy

Impossible. Spiesr was cleared by DJ.
And me, well no...
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Djfireside wrote:
On Night 1, I watched Lynx: No result
On Night 2, I watched Jonty: Safariguy(so I knew he was busdriver then)
On Night 3, I watched Safariguy: No Result
On Night 4, I watched Jonty: No Result

At this point I am trying to put charecters to their roles to see if they fit. Thus far Im having a issue with Carver

How did DJ clear spies?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Those are my results.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Djfireside wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Stubbs, he is most likely looking for actions that dont match up with what they say he did. Lynx, I dont care if you know you're town, you dont take yourself out of the pool of scum and you dont put yourself in it. You probably shouldnt even bother making your own official list because if there are discrepancies with other players, they will call you out on it. Can someone with the background knowledge of this show figure out if flavor matches roles given. Go ahead and use your lie detector on me tonight so that this post can be trusted, and back to lynx, you pick the standard role out of the bunch, ghostly over the informer? Informer would be the obvious odd one out if you werent looking with a biased perspective. Informer is very unlikely to be counterclaimed whilst tracker and watcher are quite likely. Alongside that, you were the last person to claim and it took you almost 24 hours to post, making it impossible for you to be counterclaimed if you had to make up a fake claim. He was the second person to claim, and while he was withholding of his night actions, he was doing it to catch people on their bluffs, which reminds me. DJ, not everyone's roles are accounted for. What does your role do? Does it have night actions? If so, why did you not think they were important to include?

Djfireside wrote:I believe we are getting to the point where everyone may want to claim to get a even ground. Stubbs the fact that you hit the right person twice in a row but got nothing does lead to me think something is afoot there. I will also claim just to get things out since I have a question I want to ask which requires my role so mine as well go with it.

I am Reginald "Bubbles" Cousins and my role allows me to watch for actions done to a person. My first couple of actions didnt prove much of anything but last night did as I think I can prove at least 2 others are clean out of the 7 which makes the numbers that much easier to work with.

I can prove that there was in fact a cop on lynx last night so I guess Spies to be clean but there was someone else, and that is my question since I believe that person should be clean so who are you so we can get the lists down. Plus any further actions would be helpful.

Break down the actions will you? You havent claimed them.

I claimed who I was and what my role did and thought I put my role but put it later so I was claimed pretty quickly and called for it.

As for my actions, the first two nights I watched Comrade Kirk and got "No Result" as others did in flavor hence I thought that okay. Night 3 I watched Jonty and he got busdriven. Last Night I watched Lynx and got two results that they were visited by a cop and a tracker. As I said the first days didnt give me much to go on but the last one gives me enough to work with.

Dj cleared both ghostly and spiesr.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Ahh, I suppose it did not transfer when it wasnt written in the format I am used to seeing it, as I dont remember that post and seemed to think nobody was cleared. I suppose this means I will be lynched over a stupid mistake even after I constructed possibly the best case of the game? And I suppose that leaves you as the final scum when all flips and the game is done. We will see what DJ goes with regardless.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:37 pm

You still have a chance to redeem yourself.
Lynx & ???
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:24 pm

After doing research on various wiki's for everyone's roles, everyone else's role clears as far as flavor. Going off of least perfect fit as far as flavor flavor, skillful. While his character does authorize a wire tap which would be an option for a 1-shot lie detector, it is the only one that does not fit exactly... Besides that, I have no leads for tomorrow.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:09 pm

LOL. Okay, to answer (I think it was lynx') question, matthew and I were in the batman gotham city game as scum together.

Stubbs, I believe you to be the other mafia because you were with lynx till about halfway through today, and then you started to try to separate from him.

Mod, please prod DJ.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby spiesr on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:53 pm

ghostly447 wrote:LOL. Okay, to answer (I think it was lynx') question, matthew and I were in the batman gotham city game as scum together.

Stubbs, I believe you to be the other mafia because you were with lynx till about halfway through today, and then you started to try to separate from him.
So are you assuming Stubbs to have Godfather powers then or what?
Captain spiesr

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:43 pm

spiesr wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:LOL. Okay, to answer (I think it was lynx') question, matthew and I were in the batman gotham city game as scum together.

Its possible. The only person I know to be town is you and thats because I watched you visit skill night 2 or 3 (please dont make me remember, long day of driving) and he didnt die. I dont feel like NG is mafia, but its always a possibility. And I dont feel like skill is mafia because he was cleared by you. And same with DJ if I do recall. My scum pool consists of the following players in order of scummiest.

Lynx
stubbs
NG

NG wouldnt even be on there but he hasnt been cleared.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:08 am

No doubt about sniper's claim ghostly?

You can easily verify my actions in the upcoming night ghostly. I suggest you do so.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby skillfusniper33 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:14 am

lynx_ wrote:
skillfusniper33 wrote:I like the case on lynx, and he does seem to be really pushing everyone in the direction he wants.

What does the second part mean? Are you referring to me scum-hunting and trying my best to build a solid case on someone? :P

Also, have new guy and ghostly ever been scum together? If so, could someone link me please?

No, you seem to be able to manipulate everyone to do what you want, and when we can't you over-react on why we are wrong, not you. You have done it several times in this game.

new guy1 wrote:After doing research on various wiki's for everyone's roles, everyone else's role clears as far as flavor. Going off of least perfect fit as far as flavor flavor, skillful. While his character does authorize a wire tap which would be an option for a 1-shot lie detector, it is the only one that does not fit exactly... Besides that, I have no leads for tomorrow.

It would be hard for a mod to create a game where each character fits perfectly. And on my role, I have asked about my role, and visiting, I do not visit the players statement who I target.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:10 am

ghostly447 wrote:
spiesr wrote:

Its possible. The only person I know to be town is you and thats because I watched you visit skill night 2 or 3 (please dont make me remember, long day of driving) and he didnt die. I dont feel like NG is mafia, but its always a possibility. And I dont feel like skill is mafia because he was cleared by you. And same with DJ if I do recall. My scum pool consists of the following players in order of scummiest.
I haven't cleared anyone, nor do I have the ability to do so.
Captain spiesr

Postby skillfusniper33 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:20 am

spiesr wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
spiesr wrote:

I haven't cleared anyone, nor do I have the ability to do so.

Are you assuming that you are Paranoid then? The odds of hitting all town at this point would be very slim, or are you telling us that you have been lying this entire time about knowing your sanity?
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 am

skillfusniper33 wrote:
show
Are you assuming that you are Paranoid then? The odds of hitting all town at this point would be very slim, or are you telling us that you have been lying this entire time about knowing your sanity?
Your post does not make sense. You both seem to express surprise at the idea that I would be paranoid and at the same time present thoughts that point towards me being so.
Here is where we are. I have made three investigations (Stubbs, skillfusniper, and lynx_) all of which returned guilty results. At present my sanity cannot be determined from these results, accordingly my actions cannot clear anyone.
Captain spiesr

Postby Djfireside on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Sorry everyone I am trying to catch up. I had an emergency with my kids and now that I am back at work I Can catch up in the next hour as I am catching up on both at the same time
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Djfireside on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Here is my opinion. You dont have to agree but when saying I or me thats what it is. From the numbers we are not lylo but close. I will be I guess the hammer either way.

--My belief of cleared--
2. spiesr -Insane/Paranoid Cop Unsure- I believe is cop, if there is a crooked cop role then im screwed and should be a interesting last 2 days. However based on my knowledge I think they are at least town.

-- More or less cleared but little wary based on actions --
11. ghostly447 -Detective Leandor Sydnor - Tracker- has acted a bit strange and did catch my eye a few times but based on my knowledge and them coming clean before me I believe them since doc was still a fake out could have claimed away from his role and claimed correct so I tend to believe them.

--Unsure--
6. new guy1 -Prez PGO- I hate PGO's. I believe them to be 98% a fake claim. However somehow this one went untested so we have to play it as such. NG has come forth with it and if there was a game this would fit it would be this one. Im not sure what to do with you at this point cause I can go both ways on you. In the votes you were absent for Betikos but on point for Kirk.

3. lynx_ - Detective Ellis Carver - Bulletproof Townie - You have been all over the board but very composed and diverting attention away from yourself very well onto others. You were the last to claim and gave a good deal of flavor knowledge however you seem to have garnished attention from everyone based on everyone coming at you last night so obviously you have some attention

5. skillfusniper33 - A.S.A Rhonda Pearlman - 1-Shot Lie Detector - THis is more of a do we believe your role since there is nothing you can do to prove yourself at this point. I know you state you believe the PGO and saving the power works but at this point Im uncertain what to think about you. On day 4, skimmed the way through the vote and wanted to look like they were playing but clearly knew the timing. For both lynching hit in at points I would consider safe and trying to play nice.

12. stubbsKVM - Kima Greggs Watcher - I am unsure how you did not get actions on 3 and 4. It really boggles me and leaves me uneasy. You apparently got both of the people correct and still got nothing with the roleblocker dead. Unless you are a blind watcher?!? if there is such a thing. If Jonty hadnt gotten an innocent I would have voted you already but that one thing has kept you up but even that is wearing thin. I give you props on the typo for Betiko but since it was pointed out earlier loses some merit. Plus with all the vantage roles, almost seems overkill.

Overall I have gone through and even before reading all the votes and realized everyone had weighed in already, that the Skill seems to distance away and the top 3 for me are Stubbs, lynx and NG. Lynx and NG gain the most based on their roles, have the two of them appear in the same game doesnt seem to fit plus lynx's char is a bit off for it so I am assuming one of you is town and one is scum with some variety to it.

Before I make a vote I am going to see if I can determine a course of action needed and move from there. I will leave some of my notes JIC

(DEAD)
COP - Town Cop
Mover -- Town Busdriver
Killer/Miller -- Town Pseudo-Vigilante Miller
Town Blocker -- Town JailKeeper
Listener/Watcher -- Town Wire Tap.

(CLAIMED)
COP -- Town "Paranoid" Cop
Action Watcher -- Town Informant
Watcher --Town Watcher (X)
Movement track -- Town Tracker
Shield --Town Bulletproof (X)
Shield --Town PGO (X)

(DEAD)
Mafia Roleblocker

(NEEDED)
Mafia Godfather
Mafia Goon / Rolecop?

- lynx_ (3) - new guy1, ghostly447, Skillfu
- NewGuy1 (3) -- spies, lynx, stubbs

NOT IN DJ
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:23 pm

I think my results are weird too. Especially because I got a result once.
Do you honestly think I would be lying about this if it weren't true??

I thought you cleared ghostly, Why are you still unsure?
Corporal StubbsKVM

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives