Conquer Club

CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC II [15/17] D2: Getting the Axe

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Gilligan wrote:ISO?

I believe hes claiming that he has ISOlated himself from everyone in the game.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:50 pm

I viewed everyone's post in isolation to look for inconsistencies in arguments. All in all, pretty solid, but I may have to resort to dragging out arguments from other games to figure out who the scum is. New guy's recent waffling is noteworthy.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:53 pm

I also disagree with the blake wagon as stated earlier. Nothing doom or anyone else has brought up has given me a good reason to vote blake. In fact, I'd wager there's a better chance he's not mafia rather than he is. And right now, doom seems to want to vote blake for the lynch and nothing else.
Captain safariguy5

Postby spiesr on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:33 pm

strike wolf wrote:Voting blake remains retarded. Replace or vig. Those are the best options that we have for an inactive. I like how the ones voting blake continue to do so without addressing why vigging is a bad option.
While I still feel that DoomYoshi is the better target, I have to ask: What exactly is the difference between a no-lynch and vigging Blake, and lynching Blake?
Captain spiesr

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:43 pm

That was a lot of reading! I probably lost a few of the, what, 30 hair follicles I have left on my head?

I'm guessing since Nobody asked, I shouldn't reveal what abilities I have left?

What I'm not really understanding is why Stubbs would vote Neb even though he is cleared (Well, in my eyes)? Would it really be smart to make a person who has been investigated and came up clear to reveal their role?

And this is in my eyes, but when I originally claimed, it really seemed like Gilligan didn't truly trust it. I believe he mentioned that I could be lying a few times, as if he was trying to convince others.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:52 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:That was a lot of reading! I probably lost a few of the, what, 30 hair follicles I have left on my head?

I'm guessing since Nobody asked, I shouldn't reveal what abilities I have left?

What I'm not really understanding is why Stubbs would vote Neb even though he is cleared (Well, in my eyes)? Would it really be smart to make a person who has been investigated and came up clear to reveal their role?

And this is in my eyes, but when I originally claimed, it really seemed like Gilligan didn't truly trust it. I believe he mentioned that I could be lying a few times, as if he was trying to convince others.

I'm not saying I don't trust you. I'm just saying that it's not a set in stone thing.
Captain Gilligan

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:14 pm

spiesr wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Voting blake remains retarded. Replace or vig. Those are the best options that we have for an inactive. I like how the ones voting blake continue to do so without addressing why vigging is a bad option.
While I still feel that DoomYoshi is the better target, I have to ask: What exactly is the difference between a no-lynch and vigging Blake, and lynching Blake?

Where did this assumption I want a no lynch come from? I'm voting doom. I want a doom lynch.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 pm

strike wolf wrote:
spiesr wrote:

Where did this assumption I want a no lynch come from? I'm voting doom. I want a doom lynch.

I don't think it was an assumption. He was just stating that we could have the same outcome, regardless of lunch...
Captain Gilligan

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Well, it's quite obvious that there is a difference of opinion on voting inactives vs. voting an active. Here's my problem...the argument for NOT voting Blake is that we can vig him in the night. What the hell kind of argument is that? If you won't lynch him for his clearly submarining behavior, why would you vig him? That makes no sense to me. I know my skill in this game isn't very good, but this has me at a total loss. What's the difference to hanging Blake and vigging Doom? Seriously...terrible argument!

Now, the argument that Blake is inactive is also a fallacy. He came on and posted after a bit of pressure was applied. Did he post his thoughts? Did he take a stance? No. He posted that he'll be back later to post. In my eyes, this is scummy behavior, just trying to avoid having to take a side. To say we can't lynch him because he is inactive, is complete junk. He's active enough to know he was getting pressure...yet has done nothing to contribute. He's hoping to skate through the day by laying low, because people like edoc and safari are pushing Doom so hard. It's pretty obvious to me. (this is where my opinion is quite different from others)

StubbsKVM...are you serious? Are you completely rolefishing? I was going to claim before TFO posted that he investigated me and got a town result. Once that was out there, I had/have no need to claim. For you to try to resurrect this is bad play at best. I would vote you, but it's too late to get something going with the holiday, and it would be quite an OMGUS vote.

Here's what I think needs to happen...Doom, claim. You're about to hang out of default. If you wait any longer, you're as good as dead, and people will say, "I was out on holiday, I didn't realize that Doom claimed God, town..." I think you have a pretty cool role from all the hints you've dropped, but you're going to have to come out with it to get out of the noose.

Once Doom claims, we can move on (or not, some people may still want to hang him)...this means that Blake will most likely be hung by default. I can live with that over lynching an active poster.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:48 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I also disagree with the blake wagon as stated earlier. Nothing doom or anyone else has brought up has given me a good reason to vote blake. In fact, I'd wager there's a better chance he's not mafia rather than he is. And right now, doom seems to want to vote blake for the lynch and nothing else.

Holy crap...haven't we discussed this already? The assignments were random. Everyone has the same dam probability of being town or scum...so yes, Blake has a higher probability of being town...we ALL do. You could take the flip side of this argument and say, "I can't vote Doom because he has a better chance of being town than scum." If that's the case, let's cancel the vote and move to night...why would we vote for anyone? I'm voting Blake for his blatant submarining, and inability to want to contribute anything. (see my previous post)

(yes, a double post, but some of these posts frustrate me...)

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Well, it's quite obvious that there is a difference of opinion on voting inactives vs. voting an active. Here's my problem...the argument for NOT voting Blake is that we can vig him in the night. What the hell kind of argument is that? If you won't lynch him for his clearly submarining behavior, why would you vig him? That makes no sense to me. I know my skill in this game isn't very good, but this has me at a total loss. What's the difference to hanging Blake and vigging Doom? Seriously...terrible argument!

Vigging blake doesn't waste a day that could be used on discussion and lynching a someone based on scummy behavior.

Now, the argument that Blake is inactive is also a fallacy. He came on and posted after a bit of pressure was applied. Did he post his thoughts? Did he take a stance? No. He posted that he'll be back later to post. In my eyes, this is scummy behavior, just trying to avoid having to take a side. To say we can't lynch him because he is inactive, is complete junk. He's active enough to know he was getting pressure...yet has done nothing to contribute. He's hoping to skate through the day by laying low, because people like edoc and safari are pushing Doom so hard. It's pretty obvious to me. (this is where my opinion is quite different from others)

He posted and went inactive again. This could have been considered scummy behavior to me once but I see it too often from people who simply aren't active enough to be joining mafia games regardless of alignment do the same thing. Quite simply he should be replaced without any further prods (I don't like giving second chances to players like this). That might not happen so vig him. If doom comes out with a claim that's believable enough not to lynch than I would consider voting blake but I am definitely not going with it as my default choice.

StubbsKVM...are you serious? Are you completely rolefishing? I was going to claim before TFO posted that he investigated me and got a town result. Once that was out there, I had/have no need to claim. For you to try to resurrect this is bad play at best. I would vote you, but it's too late to get something going with the holiday, and it would be quite an OMGUS vote.

I agree with this much. Stubbs comment was quite bad.

Fast posted: No the difference is that lynching an active scummy player can have much discussion and possible leads. Lynching an inactive regardless of alignment gains little insight into discussion (unless of course it's been debated as it has). Furthermore, we are considering lynching doom based on scummy behavior perceived by town which does raise the odds of lynching scum.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:21 pm

aage, I have a quick question. You mentioned that someone gave you the ability to double the actions of a target. Would you be willing to reveal who you targeted?
Captain safariguy5

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:35 pm

:shock:

Of course. TSO clearing you had completely slipped my mind.

I'm such an idiot.

unvote

:oops:
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:40 pm

StubbsKVM wrote::shock:

Of course. TSO clearing you had completely slipped my mind.

I'm such an idiot.

unvote

:oops:

TSO? The...slipperyone?

I swear if you said TBO for The Bald One, I would have voted you on the spot!
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby StubbsKVM on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:06 am

Holy crap, I'm dementing. :o

TSO is a guy on mafiascum who I've played with.

Maybe I need a vacation.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby aage on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:48 am

safariguy5 wrote:aage, I have a quick question. You mentioned that someone gave you the ability to double the actions of a target. Would you be willing to reveal who you targeted?

No, why?

I was given the power to perform two actions. It would be a strange role to have to gift it twice. I'm not going to reveal what I did, I see no reason to.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:14 pm

I must have misinterpreted it then. Nevermind.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Mikasa, Bodyguard.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:19 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Mikasa, Bodyguard.

Pft....that's it? I'm all for lynching him. Wtf was with all the power drops? And who the hell is mikasa?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

Pft....that's it? I'm all for lynching him. Wtf was with all the power drops? And who the hell is mikasa?

If you click the link, you'll find out :mrgreen:
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
Wtf was with all the power drops?

Mikasa is the last Asian left alive. Because of that, she is the greatest warrior humanity has ever known. Never mind her other powers (no spoilers here though).
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Would have have any interest in sharing who you guarded?
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Stubbs. I didn't have any strong town leads yet, and I figured nobody goes to kill new players.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby aage on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:21 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Stubbs. I didn't have any strong town leads yet, and I figured nobody goes to kill new players.

But you did use it?

You could've just done nothing.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby edocsil on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:16 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Stubbs. I didn't have any strong town leads yet, and I figured nobody goes to kill new players.

This is a decidedly odd quote.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives