Conquer Club

[Official] D&D Mafia ~ Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] D&D Mafia ~ D3 ~ 11/19

Postby aage on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:58 am

Rodion wrote:Strike does raise some interesting points against Rishaed, but at this point I think the latter's spotty play is not as big a scumtell as Sniper's fake reasoning to vote Stubbs.

I'm still fine with the dual pressure, though, if we can pull that off (MoB's in, it seems).

Deadline's today, why pressure someone who isn't posting?

Rish, you said you responded to my largish post. I didn't see the reply but you might recall the points I brought up. Your quick votes and unvotes on the different wagons, voting no lynch on day one, your seeming pro-chaos, odd reasoning for the only wagon you followed through, fervent belief in a mafia janitor. Interesting how you're not voting anyone currently, btw. There might've been more but I don't save my posts; Strike's post is a good approximation. I can see your strategy working for a VT. Unfortunately there are no VT's.

I do not like how Rish is being let off the hook for some reason while everyone seems to be obsessed with pressuring some inactive who'll tell us nothing anyway. The deadline is today and nothing has been achieved. I do wonder how many of you actually are interested in killing scum.

@Strike: your D1 summary is incorrect. Rish stated he did not agree with it.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:01 am

Also, I'd really like a clarification of the "I'm not really expandable right now"-post. It's a softclaim if I ever saw any but what did you mean with "right now"?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Epitaph1 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:55 am

I don't think rishaed is getting off the hook. If skill does get modkilled, it seems like rishaed would take his place as the person with the most votes and would get the noose instead (although, I haven't done a VC to confirm).
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby Rodion on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:24 am

Because the game could be over sooner rather than later (I already explained how) and that is not a good moment to compromise on voting my 2nd/3rd/nth likeliest scumread instead of the 1st scumread, which I consider to be more surefire.
General Rodion

Postby aage on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:04 am

Epitaph1 wrote:I don't think rishaed is getting off the hook. If skill does get modkilled, it seems like rishaed would take his place as the person with the most votes and would get the noose instead (although, I haven't done a VC to confirm).

In that case, why isn't there a claim on the table? Why do you, Rodion and Mob seem to be more interested in whatever Skillful doesn't have to say (since he's not posting) than what Rishaed does have to say? I can't wrap my head around your reasons. He may be the scummiest player but he'll die anyway. This has been said several times now and you still haven't responded as to why you care about the inactive.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:09 am

aage wrote:
Epitaph1 wrote:I don't think rishaed is getting off the hook. If skill does get modkilled, it seems like rishaed would take his place as the person with the most votes and would get the noose instead (although, I haven't done a VC to confirm).

In that case, why isn't there a claim on the table? Why do you, Rodion and Mob seem to be more interested in whatever Skillful doesn't have to say (since he's not posting) than what Rishaed does have to say? I can't wrap my head around your reasons. He may be the scummiest player but he'll die anyway. This has been said several times now and you still haven't responded as to why you care about the inactive.

In my experience with games in the public forum (official games included) I have seen more than once scum take advantage of submarining when the game dies down. And it is very effective. I think scum are just twiddling their thumbs while we talk about rishead, not really adding anything.

At the same time I understand we need to tread lightly, we cannot do this for multiple days, otherwise scum could just jump on the inactives with us. But for today, I think this is the most efficient course of action to make progress.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby aage on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:39 am

MoB Deadly wrote:
aage wrote:

In my experience with games in the public forum (official games included) I have seen more than once scum take advantage of submarining when the game dies down. And it is very effective. I think scum are just twiddling their thumbs while we talk about rishead, not really adding anything.

At the same time I understand we need to tread lightly, we cannot do this for multiple days, otherwise scum could just jump on the inactives with us. But for today, I think this is the most efficient course of action to make progress.

Actually I think scum are twiddling their thumbs while we waste time in this impasse between a strong case on a dead man and a slightly less strong case on a player.

Also, the "inactives[sic]" is Skillful. Everyone else is posting. So if you really think scum is going to jump on us, they cannot be inactive. In fact, nobody can be inactive; Edoc already announced that he'd kill them. If Skillful doesn't post, he's dead. If he does post, I'd be more than happy to lynch him tomorrow.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby skillfusniper33 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:39 pm

I am sorry for not being around at all. My life has been extremely insane, and I would rather be replaced or mod-killed. I do not have the time to continue this game.

Yes I should have contacted edoc earlier, but i expected my life to slow down after a few days and it hasn't
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Rodion on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:35 pm

skillfusniper33 wrote:I am sorry for not being around at all. My life has been extremely insane, and I would rather be replaced or mod-killed. I do not have the time to continue this game.

Yes I should have contacted edoc earlier, but i expected my life to slow down after a few days and it hasn't

Vote Rishaed.

Claim time.
General Rodion

Postby edocsil on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:47 pm

I got hit by a car today, and I have 3 exams in the next two days and a concussion. Deadline is effectively bushed back to Thursday night at best. Seems like you folks need the time anyhow.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:30 pm

edocsil wrote:I got hit by a car today, and I have 3 exams in the next two days and a concussion. Deadline is effectively bushed back to Thursday night at best. Seems like you folks need the time anyhow.

I would send flowers, but you don't seem like the sentimental type anyway. Get well soon. Speeding maniacs are anti-town for sure. (looking at mob)

I agree that it is time for rish to claim, in view of our new deadline.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 am

Take your time edoc, sorry about the accident and good luck with your exams

Skillful posted, looking for a modkill...... I am not getting good vibes just limping into this wagon on rishead, but theres just no other option..

unvote vote rishead

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 am

Ouch, hope you're fine and will have a speedy recovery, edoc!

Here's a quick VC:
rishaed (3) - aage, Rodion, MoB
skillfusniper33 (1) - Epitaph1
Epitaph1 (1) - DoomYoshi
6 to lynch.

skillfu is requesting for replacement/modkill over a lynch, indicating perhaps that he isn't a scum and doesn't want the town to 'waste' a lynch on him? That's a huge assumption though, of course.

I'm still not comfortable with the lynch on rishaed. As MoB pointed out before, the scum could easily have created an alternate wagon long ago when there were just 2 votes on him (aage and Doom). But a claim might be necessary at this late stage. It doesn't seem like the vote is going to go elsewhere for now.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:05 am

anamainiacks wrote:Ouch, hope you're fine and will have a speedy recovery, edoc!

Here's a quick VC:
Epitaph1 (1) - DoomYoshi
6 to lynch.

skillfu is requesting for replacement/modkill over a lynch, indicating perhaps that he isn't a scum and doesn't want the town to 'waste' a lynch on him? That's a huge assumption though, of course.

I'm still not comfortable with the lynch on rishaed. As MoB pointed out before, the scum could easily have created an alternate wagon long ago when there were just 2 votes on him (aage and Doom). But a claim might be necessary at this late stage. It doesn't seem like the vote is going to go elsewhere for now.

Was Skill's wagon not an alternative wagon?

For the record, I never did get around to fully reading back on Skillfu. I
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 am

Ebwop due to accidental early posting:

strike wolf wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:Ouch, hope you're fine and will have a speedy recovery, edoc!

Here's a quick VC:
Epitaph1 (1) - DoomYoshi
6 to lynch.

Was Skill's wagon not an alternative wagon?

For the record, I never did get around to fully reading back on Skillfu. I probably won't either. He's requested to be mod killed, reading into his posts at this point seems to be a waste of time that could be spent in other constructive ways.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:50 am

If skillful is asking for a modkill or replace then theres a very good chance he will be modkilled right? So why waste time building a bandwagon on him? And his activity is terrible, he wont be in by thursday to claim, so we are getting a blind lynch then. I think getting a claim then deciding to lynch is at least better than a blind lynch

Re: [Official] D&D Mafia ~ D3 ~ 11/19 need replacements

Postby rishaed on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:54 am

Sure what i meant was that my Night actions aren't extremely helpful.
Im Martumal Darkeyes Human Bard Neut/Neut 2-shot Commuter.
N1 Commuted.
Planning on commuting tonight if I live. (I cannot commute on consecutive nights, which is moot right now.)
As for why I'm not voting (I am obviously not voting myself, but I'm also not finding a lead that I want to actively pursue right now).
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Rodion on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:55 am

Hope you get better, Edoc!

strike wolf wrote:Was Skill's wagon not an alternative wagon?

I think timing is key here. Epitaph brought attention to Sniper after Animaniack's (deleted) post. By the time the alternate wagon started, Ani's theory on Rishaed being town had already been formed. Epitaph's subsequent case apparently didn't shake Ani's confidence.
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:01 pm

rishaed wrote:Sure what i meant was that my Night actions aren't extremely helpful.
Im Martumal Darkeyes Human Bard Neut/Neut 2-shot Commuter.
N1 Commuted.
Planning on commuting tonight if I live. (I cannot commute on consecutive nights, which is moot right now.)
As for why I'm not voting (I am obviously not voting myself, but I'm also not finding a lead that I want to actively pursue right now).

- Darkeyes? Not sure I like that name's vibe...
- Role is consistent to what Edoc once said that N/Ns would likely have powers that helped them survive

All in all, not sure how I feel about it yet. I wonder whether anyone can disprove the claim (a tracker that saw Rishaed go somewhere N1, for instance)?
General Rodion

Postby Epitaph1 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, edoc. I hope you feel better soon.

unvote for starters. It looks like we may get a replacement for skill after all. I honestly thought there was a good chance he was in the scumarine, especially since scum haven't had much of an incentive to participate at the end of yesterday with the Stubbs lynch and today with participation being down.

Rishaed's claim seems rather banal if you ask me. It could be legit, but it seems like the alignment could also be an easy fakeclaim since we can all win with N/N now that the cult is (presumably) gone.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Keeping my vote on rishead. It is fairly sketchy. Mafia can with with Neut/neut anyway

With 11 players left and no Evils dead yet, theres no guarantee that Rishead doesnt just vote along with the mafia fairly soon. He is a potential liability for town. Although I do like his activity level. He doesn't even have any actions the town can "borrow" for our own use.

Postby rishaed on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:30 pm

It works both ways. I am in some ways a potential liability, but also could be a potential asset. Its called I survive=I win, also why I wasn't giving out too much info earlier in the day.... ):
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby aage on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:26 pm

rishaed wrote:It works both ways. I am in some ways a potential liability, but also could be a potential asset. Its called I survive=I win, also why I wasn't giving out too much info earlier in the day.... ):

How are you an asset? All you do is bandwagon and all you claim to be able to do is commute. Besides, good fake claim.

Scum might still have as Strike pointed out. Of everyone alive, Doom is among the people I believe to be good aligned, so I'm pretty sure scum wasn't on Rishaed. Seems they want him alive for some reason.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:51 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Keeping my vote on rishead. It is fairly sketchy. Mafia can with with Neut/neut anyway

With 11 players left and no Evils dead yet, theres no guarantee that Rishead doesnt just vote along with the mafia fairly soon. He is a potential liability for town. Although I do like his activity level. He doesn't even have any actions the town can "borrow" for our own use.

I believe his claim (For my own reasons), but you are correct that he may end up just helping out Maf. I don't see us having enough time to bring up a new case (Besides skillful).

I just hope we don't go into that line of thought tomorrow, picking off someone that may help mafia.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:22 am

Neut/Neut could fall in line with his bandwagoning play style and commuter is a useful ability for a survival role to have. Overall it's a fairly believable.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives