Conquer Club

ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (10/13) - D3: The Bloody Winter Rose

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby nagerous on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:40 pm

jonty125 wrote:Sorry, my internet has been patchy over the weekend (particularly Sunday). unvote, vote Iliad to make that L-2.

Shameless bandwagoning on an inactive. Congrats Iron Butterfly, you did get this game going.

Unvote Vote Jonty
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:41 pm

The defenceless are always easy targets aren't they!
Captain nagerous

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:01 pm

nagerous wrote:Glad you say that you will not blindly lynch for the sake of the lynch, others have latched onto this thought, hopefully this will not be the case, simply as Iliad has been inactive in every game so it's not actually a scum tell. I would rather see a replacment for Iliad arranged - mod what say you?

Question for Strike Wolf: What know you about honour?

*goes back to reading GoT, 100 pages to go!* (but another 9000 or whatever the f*ck before I finish the series written to date :( )

Prodding him. If it won't work, will replace.

Flow520 wrote:The grammer error makes me think that Commander9 may have left a name out when he was writing it. (Perhaps Commander9 can confirm for us.)

Indeed, I made a grammatical error. It was supposed to say "Everyone in the group were executed but Ethan Glover."

Vote Count:

Iliad (5) - Spiesr, Butterfly, safari, Wolf, jonty (L-3)
Flow (1) - illy
Wolf (2) - KGB, TWO
Nagerous (1) - Nebs
Aage (OVER 9000) - FirFir
safari (1) - flow

With 13 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

P.S. Current deadline is tomorrow night. Most likely won't be changed unless I see good levels of activity like now. (also unvoting before voting would be appreciated).
Last edited by Commander9 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby nagerous on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:03 pm

I did unvote before voting but it didn't seem to register, just made my vote for fircoal twice as powerful, not that I am against that ;)
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 pm

The VC is still pretty screwy, not sure if some of it is role related or not - can we have some clarification?
Captain nagerous

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 pm

nagerous wrote:I did unvote before voting but it didn't seem to register, just made my vote for fircoal twice as powerful, not that I am against that ;)

Lies and slander, I say! :lol:
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:14 pm

How is it L-8? Is this a mistake or are there some extra votes in this game?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:23 pm

nagerous wrote:The VC is still pretty screwy, not sure if some of it is role related or not - can we have some clarification?

What exactly do you mean? If you mean not being allowed to state your victory conditions... Then yes, that is not allowed. You may ambiguously state them, but you can't give out all the details. So, example:

"My name Inigo Montoya, you have killed my father. [I must kill the primary antagonist to win] Prepare to die." OK

"I am Aragorn, Son of Arathorn. I may only win if Frodo and Sam reach Mount Doom, Sauron and Saruman are defeated and Arwen must live. Also, I get bonus points for slapping Golum and pimping Eowyn." NOT OKAY

In order, for our specific game, you can say that you win if [INSERT YOUR FACTION HERE] wins, but you can't explain or go into details about your victory conditions. If you are not completely sure, feel free to PM and I'll be more than glad to answer the question :)

strike wolf wrote:How is it L-8? Is this a mistake or are there some extra votes in this game?

It says L-3 for Illy, I believe. Haven't edited that.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Commander9 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:How is it L-8? Is this a mistake or are there some extra votes in this game?
Can you confirm that 8 votes are required for a Lynch instead of the 7 it would normally take with this many players?
Captain spiesr

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:29 pm

spiesr wrote:Can you confirm that 8 votes are required for a Lynch instead of the 7 it would normally take with this many players?

I can confirm that I've not made any mod errors as far as I can tell, thus the vote count is correct. I think you already had your answer based on the fact that it has been the same thing over and over.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Flow520 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Commander9 wrote:
Flow520 wrote:The grammer error makes me think that Commander9 may have left a name out when he was writing it. (Perhaps Commander9 can confirm for us.)

Indeed, I made a grammatical error. It was supposed to say "Everyone in the group were executed but Ethan Glover."

Cool, so the list of known characters in this game is:
    *Aerys the II Targaryen
    *Rhaegar Targaryen
    *Robert Baratheon
    *Eddard Stark
    *Ethan Glover
And a mod mentioned character but not confirmed to be alive in this story is Lyanna Stark.
Major Flow520

Postby nagerous on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:52 pm

VC meant vote count
Captain nagerous

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:15 pm

nagerous wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Sorry, my internet has been patchy over the weekend (particularly Sunday). unvote, vote Iliad to make that L-2.

Shameless bandwagoning on an inactive. Congrats Iron Butterfly, you did get this game going.

Unvote Vote Jonty

Spiesr got the ball rolling. I just kicked it a few times for good measure.

When you get right to it Nagarious it is all one shameless bandwagon. It was created because we had nothing. I agree that Illiads inactivity is not a scum tell so much as being away from the site, which is why I said what I said about lynching.

For me a question arises about your vote on jonty. Why switch gears from Illiad to jonty knowing we now have a little more 24 hours to reach a consensus before deadline? I guess the upside would be that jonty is at least present for discussion as to being AWOL from game.

What say you jonty??

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby nagerous on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
nagerous wrote:

Unvote Vote Jonty

Spiesr got the ball rolling. I just kicked it a few times for good measure.

When you get right to it Nagarious it is all one shameless bandwagon. It was created because we had nothing. I agree that Illiads inactivity is not a scum tell so much as being away from the site, which is why I said what I said about lynching.

For me a question arises about your vote on jonty. Why switch gears from Illiad to jonty knowing we now have a little more 24 hours to reach a consensus before deadline? I guess the upside would be that jonty is at least present for discussion as to being AWOL from game.

What say you jonty??

I have no intention of voting Iliad, I did not switch gears, I just targeted a bandwagoner. Safari and strike could be questionable too. I just know there is scum on this wagon.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:46 pm

There is a 'reek' in the air :lol:
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Also, I just finished GoT, George R R Martin is a sick motherfucker, the bit where Sansa got touched up by Maester Pycelle, was disturbing to say the least, as was all the sexing up of a 13 year old girl.
Captain nagerous

Postby Flow520 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:27 pm

nagerous wrote:I just know there is scum on this wagon.

You could be right, but I'm not wholly convinced. See my thoughts below.
The count was:
Iliad (5) - Spiesr, Butterfly, safari, Wolf, jonty

Spiesr was originally a joke vote (here) then a vote following the suggestion of Strikewolf to apply pressure on an inactive (here). [Doesn't appear scummy to me at all.]

Butterfly voted Iliad citing agreement, but made it clear he would not blindly lynch for the sake of a lynch and would remove his vote if it did not generate discussion. (here) [Certainly not scummy in my opinion.]

safari jumped in saying he thought inactive pressure is the best we can do at this point. He also cited Iliad's past record of inactivity. (here) [Possibly scummy, but the logic does make sense, and his vote only brought the count to L-5.]

Wolf added his vote because he suggested the whole idea of pressuring an inactive. (here) [Some could argue it would be suspicious if he argued for this act but didn't join in. So I would say not scummy.]

And then there is jonty, who hopped on with little explanation. (here) [I don't know if this is scummy, or if it's just apathy in not having time/internet to read/understand all the events in the thread and just posting a vote because it seems the easy/accepted thing to do. If it was bandwagoning, I would expect at least an attempt to hide it with some reasoning. So, could be scummy, or not. I don't know.]
Major Flow520

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:29 pm

So much fail in this game already.

Sort it out you guys. Jeez.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Minister Masket wrote:So much fail in this game already.

While you stand back and criticize while we "try" to sort it out.

I have half a mind to vote you for not contributing to this so called "fail"

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) - Prologue (0/1

Postby kgb007 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:51 pm

ok so i've reread the whole lot

spiesr wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
Can you confirm that 8 votes are required for a Lynch instead of the 7 it would normally take with this many players?

directly from the rules so everyone understands - looks like we're rounding up when we have an odd amount of players. example - half of 13 is 6.5 ~ which is 7 for our purposes +1 makes 8 needed to lynch as per comm9 & aage's rules below

Commander9 wrote:6. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, once the majority has been reached any unvotes will not be counted. The majority is half the player's alive +1

also important to note we should be PM'ing both comm9 and aage to make sure it's recorded (lord knows if someone misses the opening scene, not everyone was aware of this..)

Illiad hasn't been on the site since Saturday night/early sunday morning..i know L-2 is typical claim time so I'll vote him if it's the only way to force him to claim otherwise I'll wait to see if he responds to the flurry of recent activity otherwise we may have to decide what to do tomorrow afternoon if Illiad doesn't surface
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Whoa...I got a prod...I didn't realize I was gone that long. I guess the weekend flew right by me.

1. Let's get Iliad replaced if we can. He was on the same prod as me...
2. I love it when people say, "let's vote the inactive!" and then crucify an given bandwagoner, but...
3. Jonty knows better than to blatantly wagon on an inactive, so I'm not sure what he was getting at.

I'll admit that my list could have some holes in it...it wasn't definitive, but I wanted to show how the different factions could line up. I'm of the mind that there are multiple factions that may even be allowed to back stab each other in their zeal to take the throne. Of course, this is the "prologue" of many different games stemming from the series...so maybe it is as simple as good vs. evil.

I'm apt to vote Minister Miskit...it's easy to criticize, and he hasn't contributed much. For now...

FOS Minister Maskit

Help us sort it out, please. (If this was sarcasm...FAIL!)
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:

While you stand back and criticize while we "try" to sort it out.

I have half a mind to vote you for not contributing to this so called "fail"

Eh, sitting back on Day 1 is something I've always done. A wise tactic actually.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby kgb007 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 pm

also, I have zero flavor knowledge other than wiki and GoT on HBO, which doesn't necessarily apply to our game just yet
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby nagerous on Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Flow520 wrote:
nagerous wrote:I just know there is scum on this wagon.

You could be right, but I'm not wholly convinced. See my thoughts below.
The count was:
Iliad (5) - Spiesr, Butterfly, safari, Wolf, jonty

Spiesr was originally a joke vote (here) then a vote following the suggestion of Strikewolf to apply pressure on an inactive (here). [Doesn't appear scummy to me at all.]

Butterfly voted Iliad citing agreement, but made it clear he would not blindly lynch for the sake of a lynch and would remove his vote if it did not generate discussion. (here) [Certainly not scummy in my opinion.]

safari jumped in saying he thought inactive pressure is the best we can do at this point. He also cited Iliad's past record of inactivity. (here) [Possibly scummy, but the logic does make sense, and his vote only brought the count to L-5.]

Wolf added his vote because he suggested the whole idea of pressuring an inactive. (here) [Some could argue it would be suspicious if he argued for this act but didn't join in. So I would say not scummy.]

And then there is jonty, who hopped on with little explanation. (here) [I don't know if this is scummy, or if it's just apathy in not having time/internet to read/understand all the events in the thread and just posting a vote because it seems the easy/accepted thing to do. If it was bandwagoning, I would expect at least an attempt to hide it with some reasoning. So, could be scummy, or not. I don't know.]

How does one pressure an inactive? The whole idea is they are inactive, either they needed to be prodded and replaced, not much time to pressure one if they are not posting with such a short deadline.
Captain nagerous

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Minister Masket wrote:Eh, sitting back on Day 1 is something I've always done. A wise tactic actually.
It may help you survive the day, but shouldn't you really be helping your allegiance reach a desirable outcome rather than hiding? And admitting that just makes people want to murder you.
kgb007 wrote:directly from the rules so everyone understands - looks like we're rounding up when we have an odd amount of players. example - half of 13 is 6.5 ~ which is 7 for our purposes +1 makes 8 needed to lynch as per comm9 & aage's rules below
Commander9 wrote:6. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, once the majority has been reached any unvotes will not be counted. The majority is half the player's alive +1
Normally that rule is applied in such a way that 7 votes would be required with 13 living players. When the amount of votes required is higher than that it is usually a sign that there are some extra votes or something floating around. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what number comes next Day 2.
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives