Conquer Club

Wait, What? Mafia (9/9) D2: Wait, What?

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wait, What? Mafia (9/9) D2: Wait, What?

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:29 am

Vote: Virus

We do have to do something, and with Jonty FOSing him bigtime and then the arguments brought out in the last few pages... I agree.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:01 pm

like i claimed before, i am the one who asks the questions, named the philosopher in my description... That is also the reason why i knew what i new, not because i EVER claimed that i was VT #random number... Some people really want me to die,... maybe some other people have to ask WHY?
Major virus90

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:21 pm

virus90 wrote:like i claimed before, i am the one who asks the questions, named the philosopher in my description... That is also the reason why i knew what i new, not because i EVER claimed that i was VT #random number... Some people really want me to die,... maybe some other people have to ask WHY?

You're the philosopher, you ask why :D
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Unvote...

Unless someone else claims Philosopher, we have to let Virus live...

We are quickly running out of people to accuse, because everyone has an alibi... If this game wasn't so small, it wouldn't be so difficult to worry about a random lynch, but... We most likely need Virus alive, especially if we assume someone else gets "converted" tonight.

So, who has yet to claim in this game?
Virus - Philospher
Anarky - PR Giver
Kratos - Vanilla Town
Spiesr - Cop
Lootifer - VT

Don't ask why... Try Bud Dry
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:Unvote...

We are quickly running out of people to accuse, because everyone has an alibi... If this game wasn't so small, it wouldn't be so difficult to worry about a random lynch, but... We most likely need Virus alive, especially if we assume someone else gets "converted" tonight.

So, who has yet to claim in this game?
Virus - Philospher
Anarky - PR Giver
Kratos - Vanilla Town
Spiesr - Cop
Lootifer - VT

Don't ask why... Try Bud Dry

I'm yet to claim.

vote no lynch we're too close too deadline, to start and collapse a wagon if needed.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:25 pm

we can not afford to not lynch, that would certainly mean 3 against 6...
Major virus90

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:32 pm

virus90 wrote:we can not afford to not lynch, that would certainly mean 3 against 6...

I concur, and Jonty admitting he hasn't claimed and THEN voting a no lynch???

Vote: Jonty
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:35 pm

He didn't claim that until after James listed that as a possible role title, which doesn't give him much credibility to me.

What could he ask tonight that would be useful information for town to have?

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:

He didn't claim that until after James listed that as a possible role title, which doesn't give him much credibility to me.

Who is he recruiter? :D
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

I'm guessing that's off limits since he said he can't get information on any players.

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
virus90 wrote:we can not afford to not lynch, that would certainly mean 3 against 6...

Town. Town. Think, about this Nark.
Cook jonty125

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:42 pm

jonty125 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

DAMMIT!

I am so flummoxed by both work AND this game, I am not thinking clearly! You better keep that Post Restriction going until the end of the day, you SOB! ;)

Unvote, obviously
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

I'm guessing that's off limits since he said he can't get information on any players.

your right here. cant ask who is who questions.
Major virus90

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:44 pm

What is the role of the most recently inducted?
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:52 pm

first of all what is inducted ? :P recruited?
second, i can ask 1 question and only at night, since there has been only 1 night, i guess no matter what inducted means i dont know the answer (yet). and if i can ask a question like that the next night depends on the rules which come with my function. it states i may not ask specific questions about roles matching players, so think the question would be too specific. is it a VT might be allowed, assuming we have more then 1.
Major virus90

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:16 pm

virus90 wrote:first of all what is inducted ? :P recruited?
second, i can ask 1 question and only at night, since there has been only 1 night, i guess no matter what inducted means i dont know the answer (yet). and if i can ask a question like that the next night depends on the rules which come with my function. it states i may not ask specific questions about roles matching players, so think the question would be too specific. is it a VT might be allowed, assuming we have more then 1.

Inducted means "brought into the fold," so, yes, recruited.

However, if you can't even ask a question like the one I proposed above, I don't see how we can use it to town's advantage.

Metsfanmax wrote:He didn't claim that until after James listed that as a possible role title, which doesn't give him much credibility to me.

What is your response to this, Virus?
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:sorry was out of town with limited internet access, but most people today seem to be relying on the daycop to tell us what to do, however i believe that the day cop was a one time thing, at least the part where it is announced to the whole town, either that or they are unsure of what to do, i believe this because on day 1 it was used rather quickly but today it wasn't been used yet and the deadline is drawing near.
@hotshot why am i your current suspect. from what i remember you said you couldn't get a read on me

Holy crap... I AGREE with Greg! :?

:o you do? :shock: :?
is the world going to end now?

wait so each night you ask 1 question do you get the answer that night or the next?
if so what question did you ask N1 and what was the response?
Captain gregwolf121

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:34 pm

that i am not gonna bother endlessly in counteracting the continuous acquisitions of metsfanmax. if you search hard enough you can always find some things that suggest scum in any player. pretty much fed up with this. ever since he replaced colton it has been a hunt on me and after a week still nothing solid has come up. think this witch-hunt on my behalf is also the reason that nothing has come up on anyone else since everyone is focussing on me. (well not everyone, but some major contributors to the discussion).

But since you ask... i already claimed to be the person who asks the questions before james came with some descriptions, did anyone of you, EVER? had a role who was able to ask questions about the game mechanics, so why would i claim that to begin with? could have said i got the intel in my role PM or something, apparently more people got some form of intel. Well when i got my role and it said philosopher i read the description did some googeling on philosopher mafia and did not find anything alike. So think james had made it up to give some more intel in a mysterious strange game. why not claim with the full title? thought it might raise more questions then give answers since probably no one ever heard of it, well at least google did not.

And now it is my time to ask questions, i wonder what answers you guys have got on these:
Why on earth would i have been hinting on a mafia recruiter in the first round of the game? i kept pushing the cult/ mafia recruiter option although other people where denying the possibility.
Kratos told us at the beginning of the day that the mafia started with 1. Why was I the first to confirm this? before lootifier came with VT #X quotes etc. At that point there was no way for me to know that anyone else got this information so why would i, if i would be a mafia recruiter, confirm this at this point?
What has a 1 week witch-hunt on me exactly gotten you?

Before i answer any more of your questions i would like to ask to at least think about mine for a moment. I think these points have been forgotten in recent posts.

well that's it for my rage post for now :P lets go find the one and only real recruiter!
Major virus90

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Wait... When did Colton flake? Is it possible that HE was the recruiter and didn't recruit anyone night one because he bailed? That would leave Metsfan all on his own still.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby virus90 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:38 pm

wait so each night you ask 1 question do you get the answer that night or the next?
if so what question did you ask N1 and what was the response?[/quote]

well i already told that, skimming possibly ? :P
but once again: and i quote: "How many people where aligned with mafia at the beginning of the game?" was my exact question.
the answer was: "1 at the beginning was aligned with mafia."
Major virus90

Postby kratos644 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:45 pm

jonty125 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

Honestly this doesn't convince me of anything. As Nark said, only town would be forced to follow the restriction. If you were mafia and you got this of course you would post town at the beginning of your posts to mislead the giver of the restriction.
Hotshot, Jonty, and Greg are my current targets. I don't really have an inclination against one more than against another so I will Vote Hotshot. He was also a replacement and could have also been the recruiter. (I know it's weak but it's better than nothing.)
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:56 pm

virus90 wrote:that i am not gonna bother endlessly in counteracting the continuous acquisitions of metsfanmax. if you search hard enough you can always find some things that suggest scum in any player. pretty much fed up with this. ever since he replaced colton it has been a hunt on me and after a week still nothing solid has come up. think this witch-hunt on my behalf is also the reason that nothing has come up on anyone else since everyone is focussing on me. (well not everyone, but some major contributors to the discussion).

I am sorry for trying to find mafia. Would you like to talk about the weather instead?

But since you ask... i already claimed to be the person who asks the questions before james came with some descriptions, did anyone of you, EVER? had a role who was able to ask questions about the game mechanics, so why would i claim that to begin with?

Because no one can counter-claim, for that precise reason. And since James is marketing this as an odd game, we wouldn't have strong reason to suspect this as impossible.

could have said i got the intel in my role PM or something, apparently more people got some form of intel.

You still haven't told us how you knew there was a recruiter, IIRC.

Well when i got my role and it said philosopher i read the description did some googeling on philosopher mafia and did not find anything alike. So think james had made it up to give some more intel in a mysterious strange game. why not claim with the full title? thought it might raise more questions then give answers since probably no one ever heard of it, well at least google did not.

I don't know if you're new to mafia or what, but it's always suspicious to make an argument like this. If you're going to claim, you give the role name. It's pretty easy to foresee that you get targeted for hiding information. You still haven't made a full claim, which is part of why this 'witch hunt' is continuing.

Now, I will concede that there's a chance you are the philosopher, given the info we have. But that doesn't mean you're town :-)

And now it is my time to ask questions, i wonder what answers you guys have got on these:
Why on earth would i have been hinting on a mafia recruiter in the first round of the game? i kept pushing the cult/ mafia recruiter option although other people where denying the possibility.

So that you could clear yourself in advance when the rest of us found out that there's a mafia recruiter.

Kratos told us at the beginning of the day that the mafia started with 1. Why was I the first to confirm this? before lootifier came with VT #X quotes etc.

No, Loot was the first to confirm kratos' info, and you were after him. This is what prompted my initial suspicion of you.

lootifer wrote:I can vouch for this story as I have similar (but not the same and kratos will know why it wont be the same) information. Hence why I am sure there is a recruiter at play. The fact that Kratos is number 1 makes my 100% more of a 110%.

Also I was voting on a different theory. I dont believe Spiesr to be the recruiter, I believe him to be the recruitee. Voting him isnt the best way to win the game, we will win by finding the recruiter, but at this stage its my firmest lynch target. This is because finding out his death scene would likely provide useful information. Regardless I dont think we can trust his information regarding his investigation ability for now :(

I urge the daycop not to use it on Spiesr for now.

At that point there was no way for me to know that anyone else got this information so why would i, if i would be a mafia recruiter, confirm this at this point?
What has a 1 week witch-hunt on me exactly gotten you?

Before i answer any more of your questions i would like to ask to at least think about mine for a moment. I think these points have been forgotten in recent posts.

well that's it for my rage post for now :P lets go find the one and only real recruiter!

What the 'witch-hunt' has gotten me is a lot of half-answers and things that are possibly outright lies. Either you're flat-out lying and you're the mafia recruiter, or you were recruited last night.

Wait... When did Colton flake? Is it possible that HE was the recruiter and didn't recruit anyone night one because he bailed? That would leave Metsfan all on his own still.

I replaced him in the middle of D2.

Postby spiesr on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:09 pm

A Philosopher can be seen in Rock & Roll Mafia. Perhaps you could try to something like happened there. Submit a list of half the surviving players and ask if any of them have recruiting powers. If allowed that could cut our list of suspects in half. A careful balance of players with solid claims & those without could allow for even greater potential results.
Captain spiesr

Postby Lootifer on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:05 am

kratos644 wrote:Honestly this doesn't convince me of anything. As Nark said, only town would be forced to follow the restriction. If you were mafia and you got this of course you would post town at the beginning of your posts to mislead the giver of the restriction.
Hotshot, Jonty, and Greg are my current targets.

I agree with those three. Hotshot was my strongest for a few comments (that and Greg and Jonty have a couple of maybe-could-be-town-tells tells) but tipped it with what could be a slip:

Hotshot wrote:He gets roles on his side as he recruits.

Oh you know that for sure do you?

vote Hotshot
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby jonty125 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:57 am

Hotshot wrote:He gets roles on his side as he recruits.
[/b][/quote]

Care to clarify hotshot?
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives