Conquer Club

Wishy-Washy Mafia (7/13) Endgame: Forgiveness (Town Win)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby rishaed on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:49 pm

In the last page I am seeing more of the posts going into assaulting another persons play style, which I find can turn a game sour that does not have to be. To those Involved, Nark/mtamb. please cool down, and come back rationally. If you will note in the rules I have also asked for profanity to be removed or if not able to be contained to be kept at a minimum. This is a friendly reminder from the mod. At the end of the day its just a game, and one where you have considerable time to think through your posts. Please keep the game enjoyable for those participating as much as possible.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Mod Note: VC will be up sometime tomorrow. Things are busy this evening. Reminder that the deadline is on the 24th currently. I may change it depending on RL issues.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby benga on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Gosh everything feels scummy, to say at least.

Not sure did mtamburini just flush out some scum (I assume that is maybe his intention) or he is scum himself (playing with our minds).

Need to re-read things once more ;)
Sergeant benga

Postby mtamburini on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:00 pm

benga wrote:Gosh everything feels scummy, to say at least.

Not sure did mtamburini just flush out some scum (I assume that is maybe his intention) or he is scum himself (playing with our minds).

Need to re-read things once more ;)

Theres not that much to re read so I hope to hear from you soon! Ive got potentially 2 scum in my notes right now, found some circles I would like to pursue. Inactivity on this forum is low even before I started posting.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Wowzers...this is interesting. Scum bells are ringing loud and clear here...

First we have the safariguy case, where he recommends a lynch on an inactive...this has been discussed.

Anark has some rather rude and snippy comments. I do find that those types of posts usually come from scum. It's an overreaction to a small and unfounded accusation. By hurling insults, he hopes to intimidate anyone from voting him further, while distracting the rest of us from the real issue. I'd vote him, but...

...the most damming to me is...

mtamburani...I would side with him on Anark, not because of the great cases he made, but because of Anark's scummy reaction. However, BOTH of his cases are clear and blatant OMGUS. I mean, seriously, your "scum" hunting consists of accusing the two players that voted you of being scum. That's not hunting, it's freaking out and throwing accusations around hoping to redirect. In fact, they are not even cases, they are assumptions and guesses. You might as well have said, "everyone could be scum, because they could be scum."

So far, my votes goes...VOTE MTAMBURINI You, sir are most deserving of a claiming.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:56 pm

To go back to your idea of town pressuring a scum buddy mtamburini, that would be true had the wagon on me gathered any steam. However, vote pressure was already subsiding, and therefore no wagon to divert.

On a more direct note, if indeed town was pressuring the scumbuddy, doesn't that mean you believe me to be mafia? In which case why are you not saying/voting/accusing me but instead believe that the two people who are voting you are mafia?

unvote vote mtamburini
Captain safariguy5

Postby mtamburini on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:05 pm

safariguy5 wrote:To go back to your idea of town pressuring a scum buddy mtamburini, that would be true had the wagon on me gathered any steam. However, vote pressure was already subsiding, and therefore no wagon to divert.

On a more direct note, if indeed town was pressuring the scumbuddy, doesn't that mean you believe me to be mafia? In which case why are you not saying/voting/accusing me but instead believe that the two people who are voting you are mafia?

unvote vote mtamburini

Im actually linking you safari with jonty, he unvoted (even though it was not on you) and defended you as you got to 3 votes against you. Now the both of you have hopped onto me and started another BW train which is totally fine with me gives town more information today and in later days.

I would put you guys in a mafia circle.

My reads on narc are now changing, although I thought he was being rude and extremely defensive when I acted towards him in the manner that I did, I am not seeing it more as a frustrated townie than a defensive mafia. My play has been unconventional to say the least, but I have stirred up some activity now which is great to help us find scum. I would like to hear more on the others who have not spoke in a few days and hear their opinion on the matter but I am content in staying at L-3 or L-2 in the off chance we have a double voter and lynches me without knowing.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:14 pm

mtamburini wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:To go back to your idea of town pressuring a scum buddy mtamburini, that would be true had the wagon on me gathered any steam. However, vote pressure was already subsiding, and therefore no wagon to divert.

unvote vote mtamburini

Im actually linking you safari with jonty, he unvoted (even though it was not on you) and defended you as you got to 3 votes against you. Now the both of you have hopped onto me and started another BW train which is totally fine with me gives town more information today and in later days.

I would put you guys in a mafia circle.

My reads on narc are now changing, although I thought he was being rude and extremely defensive when I acted towards him in the manner that I did, I am not seeing it more as a frustrated townie than a defensive mafia. My play has been unconventional to say the least, but I have stirred up some activity now which is great to help us find scum. I would like to hear more on the others who have not spoke in a few days and hear their opinion on the matter but I am content in staying at L-3 or L-2 in the off chance we have a double voter and lynches me without knowing.

Dude...you're not making sense...

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:07 am

is it possible mtamburini has some kind of role where his goal is to get lynched? because it sure looks like he's trying his hardest... I have no idea about him except his posts are very weird.

For now I will leave my vote where it is though, since I still think safariguy had stronger scum tells for now
Major HotShot53

Postby The Weird One on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:22 am

HotShot53 wrote:is it possible mtamburini has some kind of role where his goal is to get lynched? because it sure looks like he's trying his hardest... I have no idea about him except his posts are very weird.

For now I will leave my vote where it is though, since I still think safariguy had stronger scum tells for now

It's possible. The role you are thinking of is named jester...it generally wins through being lynched...This is off of memory, though...The likelihood of this, however, is anyone's guess...
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby benga on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:57 am

The Weird One wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:is it possible mtamburini has some kind of role where his goal is to get lynched? because it sure looks like he's trying his hardest... I have no idea about him except his posts are very weird.

It's possible. The role you are thinking of is named jester...it generally wins through being lynched...This is off of memory, though...The likelihood of this, however, is anyone's guess...

that seems like fun roll!

yeah at this point he really bates all to lynch him :o

just dropped here, from work, really got sucked into this thread, thx mtam =D>
Sergeant benga

Postby jonty125 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:18 am

mtamburini wrote:I am ready to post something, but would like to hear others opinions on this matter of me being scum.

Well then post it then, not later. Saying you hold the ace, and holding the ace are two separate manners.

mtamburini wrote: As per the 2 votes against me so far, I see mafia between one of them or potentially both of them.

[a short while later]

1st case. [jonty125] My first vote is from mafia because town was pressuring one of his "partners" and to get us off of them he puts forward that I am an easy lynch today and makes up a somewhat reasonable but not that reasonable response. My actions have been clear up to this point so you casting suspicion on me seems scummy.

2nd case. [Nark] My second vote against me is from mafia because he sees a townie puts pressure on me for acting scummy (even though I have explained myself) and BW votes in hope more townies + their partners jump on to get an easy lynch and go into the night with another chance to get rid of another townie.

So you make an OMGUS case on me and Nark, I did not put forward you were an easy lynch, I implied you were scummarining, and you are actions are clearly scummy so me casting suspicion on you is scummy. And your case on Nark, seems to be that he was 2nd on the wagon, ergo scum, which is a scummy argument.

And then nark at mtam start a mud flinging contest, brought to a halt by the mod.

In summary, my vote stays.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby virus90 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:22 am

lets see how active everyone is, then we know who to wake up count since monday 16 dec the post by anarkist, which for me ended the joke vote stage, seems like a fair point to start counting:
the day last posted is by my own timezone, which is GMT + 1 (amsterdam, paris, berlin). in reality most of the 20 dec people posted at 2-3 a.m. my timezone which is probably about 8-9 PM in theirs on thursday 19. so keep that in mind while interpretating this table

Anarkist - 11 last : 19 dec
Benga - 5 - 20 dec
Gregwolf - 1 - 17 dec
hotshot - 4 - 20 dec
Jonty - 4- 20 dec
kratos - 2 - 19 dec
Melkor - 1- 16 dec
mtamburini - 8 - 20 dec
nebuchadnezer - 5 - 20 dec
safariguy - 5 - 20 dec
TWO - 3 - 20 dec
TFO - 1 - 16 dec
Virus 5 - 20 dec (including this post)

So what i got from this: melkor, gregwolf and TFO, where are you ? we need everyone to post!
Mtam is the best lead so far, making this table i read most of the posts as well, and rereading some makes me join the mtam camp, only difficulty i have with this is that it kind of fits in his playing style, which to me is very chaotic, but seen it in other games as well.
So i will not yet vote him, since i want to wait and we have some time, also we have inactives, hope that they join the discussion soon, because statisticly i guess 1 of them is scummarining . But the case on mtam is by far the best we got so far.
Major virus90

Postby rishaed on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:04 am

Vote Count:

Melkor52 (1) - TFO
Anarkistsdream (1) - gregwolf121
benga (1) - virus90
Safariguy5 (2) - kratos644, Hotshot53
mtamburini (4) - Jonty125, Anarkistsdream, Safariguy5, Nebuchadnezer
TWO (1) - TWO

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is 24.12.13 or after Christmas on the 26th. Remember you must reach a majority to lynch, otherwise I will enforce a No Lynch policy this game.
I have prodded TFO once again and if he does not post today/tomorrow I am replacing him. I will consider the same for gregwolf. Melkor has a few more posts, but I will be slightly more forgiving since he is new.

Postby Melkor52 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:39 pm

My first joke vote caused such a stir that I have been trying to get the feel of a Mafia game before posting again. I don't have much experience trying to uncover scum, but from what I have read so far I agree with HotShot53.

UnVote, Vote: mtamburini
Major Melkor52

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Melkor52 wrote:

My first joke vote caused such a stir that I have been trying to get the feel of a Mafia game before posting again. I don't have much experience trying to uncover scum, but from what I have read so far I agree with HotShot53.

If you fully agreed with me, you would have voted for safariguy ;) lol
Major HotShot53

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:23 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
Melkor52 wrote:

Melkor is a skimming skimmer... FOS Melkor
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:34 pm

the reason i haven't been posting is that i was taking finals, i'm going to finish them today so i'll be able to post more regularly, and contribute starting tomorrow.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:40 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:the reason i haven't been posting is that i was taking finals, i'm going to finish them today so i'll be able to post more regularly, and contribute starting tomorrow.

Because tonight, Greg is getting D-----------------RUNK!
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Melkor52 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:Melkor is a skimming skimmer... FOS Melkor

OMGUS Anarkistsdream. Every time I post anything you jump in with crap. You better hope I'm not a Vig.

Major Melkor52

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Melkor52 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

OMGUS Anarkistsdream. Every time I post anything you jump in with crap. You better hope I'm not a Vig.

You're right... As much as you skim and as little as you post, you probably would have no idea who to NK... :lol:
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby mtamburini on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:30 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
Melkor52 wrote:

Just sheeping reads and can't even do that right!
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:14 pm

I am here! I'm at work so I WILL post again once I'm home. Sorry :c
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Melkor52 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

Well.. he has a point, you know :-s

Based on your posts so far, i am tempted to keep my vote on you, but mtamburini is just.. it's hard to explain. His explanations are just sketchy, at best. He basically OMGUS's both the people who vote him (Side question, does that make anyone that votes you scum? Because that really seems to be your rational). Then when he realizes that this tactic isn't working.. he backtracks on it.

Unvote Vote: mtamburini
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:24 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Melkor52 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

Well.. he has a point, you know :-s

Based on your posts so far, i am tempted to keep my vote on you, but mtamburini is just.. it's hard to explain. His explanations are just sketchy, at best. He basically OMGUS's both the people who vote him (Side question, does that make anyone that votes you scum? Because that really seems to be your rational). Then when he realizes that this tactic isn't working.. he backtracks on it.

Unvote Vote: mtamburini
UNVOTE Are you stupid or just scum? He's already at L-2...and you put him at L-1? Holy cow...Now you're screaming to be voted...

...but let's get that claim from mtamburini...CLAIM TIME MTAMBURINI...or my vote goes back on you.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives