Conquer Club

Wishy-Washy Mafia (7/13) Endgame: Forgiveness (Town Win)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby virus90 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:26 am

i already had unvoted my jokevote on benga, but apparently not registered, so once again:
Unvote
Major virus90

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:06 pm

jonty125 wrote:unvote saf has never been shy of voting inactives, so I'm sitting out of this wagon, and if the OP hasn't been updated then I pardon his ignorance of the replacement of James.

Hmmmm, care to show me all of these inactive voting instances? Because I have played more games than I can count with Safari, and I disagree. He ALWAYS chooses to replace. Because that is what a townie would do... Which is more reason to believe he is not in this game.

Also, I like how you say you are "sitting out" of this bandwagon, but you didn't did you? SAYING you sat out, when in fact you voted and unvoted, is still joining the bandwagon... And as soon as you saw one or two others drop their vote, you quickly drop it and say You are sitting out.

And the vote that was made on him wasn't due to his ignorance of a replacement for James, but how he reacted by the initial vote.

You and Safari are now the two most likely scum I have seen... And if I believed Saf a little more, than my vote would certainly be on you.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:Also, I like how you say you are "sitting out" of this bandwagon, but you didn't did you? SAYING you sat out, when in fact you voted and unvoted, is still joining the bandwagon... And as soon as you saw one or two others drop their vote, you quickly drop it and say You are sitting out.

Now you're skimming also... jonty's only vote so far was a joke vote, that he was unvoting here. (Of course, his joke vote was against neb right after neb joke voted for safari... interesting... probably means nothing, but who knows lol)

In any case, my vote is staying since it's the best case we have so far.
Major HotShot53

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:40 pm

My other points were still valid... :?
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:42 pm

I am replacing Mtamburini, as soon as I can confirm a replacement, he has not posted since early joke voting stages which is unacceptable. Through the mass prod he has been warned, and I have not received a PM concerning the absence.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
jonty125 wrote:unvote saf has never been shy of voting inactives, so I'm sitting out of this wagon, and if the OP hasn't been updated then I pardon his ignorance of the replacement of James.

Hmmmm, care to show me all of these inactive voting instances? Because I have played more games than I can count with Safari, and I disagree. He ALWAYS chooses to replace. Because that is what a townie would do... Which is more reason to believe he is not in this game.

Also, I like how you say you are "sitting out" of this bandwagon, but you didn't did you? SAYING you sat out, when in fact you voted and unvoted, is still joining the bandwagon... And as soon as you saw one or two others drop their vote, you quickly drop it and say You are sitting out.

And the vote that was made on him wasn't due to his ignorance of a replacement for James, but how he reacted by the initial vote.

You and Safari are now the two most likely scum I have seen... And if I believed Saf a little more, than my vote would certainly be on you.

Replace is one thing, and voting is another. Part of it is timing. If the person was around for several game days, then I favor the replace. If they were not, then I prefer to vote the submariner on Day 1 in lieu of better cases.

What interests me more is the fact that one vote suddenly equates to "attempting to get a lynch" on someone. People, if we don't vote, we don't get anywhere. Sitting around talking is nice, but ultimately we need to start voting if we want to progress the game. Setting aside meta'ing my game behavior, what would have happened had I not voted? Nothing. Nothing would have happened and we'd still be posting inane stuff about no interesting cases.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:06 pm

At first, I thought jonty had voted safari, but he hasn't, so there's nothing to go on here.

The wagon fell apart rather quickly...I was hoping to establish at least some more leads.

As it stands, this sticks out to me a small bit...

kratos644 wrote:This is a decent case as far as D1 standards go. Blatant skimming and wanting to lynch instead of replace. If he's not scum I would guess he's a lyncher just based on him trying to force that lynch. This puts him at 3 votes and hopefully closer to a claim. unvote vote safari

kratos is dealing with absolutes that safari must be either scum or a lyncher. There is the possibility that he is town.

I am still bothered by safariguy, a veteran of this game, and his boneheaded vote. I wonder if I'm cutting him too much slack. Would I/we crucify any other player for making this "mistake"? Probably. However, I'm not sure I want to force the policy claim, as I've seen other vets make stupid mistakes on mechanics as well.

So, all this talking for no action from me.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby The Weird One on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:16 am

The only two things I can find that stand out at all are safari's vote on the replaced player for inactivity -which has already been addressed- and what Neb just pointed out on kratos. It seems that he's jumping to extremes to try to push as much attention away from him as fast as possible.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby benga on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:25 am

unvote virus90
Sergeant benga

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:04 am

benga wrote:unvote virus90

Just a note...when you "unvote" you don't need to put the name of the person you had your vote on. Just type unvote.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby mtamburini on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Why does no one think I am mafia I have voted NL! No one has jumped on that. Everyone is pointing fingers at other people but not me. I find this highly suspicious that no one has voted for me. I understand that I have been inactive and its because I forgot to click on the button to let me know someone has posted but I am back mod adn ready to scumhunt.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby virus90 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:05 pm

mtamburini wrote:Why does no one think I am mafia I have voted NL! No one has jumped on that. Everyone is pointing fingers at other people but not me. I find this highly suspicious that no one has voted for me. I understand that I have been inactive and its because I forgot to click on the button to let me know someone has posted but I am back mod adn ready to scumhunt.

i guess your joking... right? :-s

But glad to have you back mate ! we can use some more activity, lets hunt the scum indeed!
Major virus90

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

At first, I thought jonty had voted safari, but he hasn't, so there's nothing to go on here.

The wagon fell apart rather quickly...I was hoping to establish at least some more leads.

kratos644 wrote:This is a decent case as far as D1 standards go. Blatant skimming and wanting to lynch instead of replace. If he's not scum I would guess he's a lyncher just based on him trying to force that lynch. This puts him at 3 votes and hopefully closer to a claim. unvote vote safari

kratos is dealing with absolutes that safari must be either scum or a lyncher. There is the possibility that he is town.

I am still bothered by safariguy, a veteran of this game, and his boneheaded vote. I wonder if I'm cutting him too much slack. Would I/we crucify any other player for making this "mistake"? Probably. However, I'm not sure I want to force the policy claim, as I've seen other vets make stupid mistakes on mechanics as well.

Ultimately, the case on me was based on Meta. If I was Doom and said something you didn't like, that would be par for the course. However, if I was Doom, and uncommonly courteous, would that warrant a vote as well?

I will FoS kratos for his assumption that I was mafia or lyncher. Mafia I could understand, but it seems odd to accuse lyncher. 13 man game is a bit too small to support lyncher in my opinion, and this is before getting into the discussion about when the right time is for a lyncher to push a bandwagon on the target.

I can state the obvious however and say that straight voting the target on Day 1 is most definitely not a good lyncher play WIFOM or not...
Captain safariguy5

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:22 am

rishaed wrote:I am replacing Mtamburini, as soon as I can confirm a replacement, he has not posted since early joke voting stages which is unacceptable. Through the mass prod he has been warned, and I have not received a PM concerning the absence.
mtamburini wrote:Why does no one think I am mafia I have voted NL! No one has jumped on that. Everyone is pointing fingers at other people but not me. I find this highly suspicious that no one has voted for me. I understand that I have been inactive and its because I forgot to click on the button to let me know someone has posted but I am back mod adn ready to scumhunt.

Hmm, concidence. I think not, and his reason for not posting is he "forgot to click on the button to let him know someone has posted". Is anyone else slightly clueless about what this means vote mtamburini
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby benga on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:25 am

There are far too many asumptions here, thou mtamburini feels like mafia to me, he walks the thin line...
Sergeant benga

Postby kratos644 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:28 am

safariguy5 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

Ultimately, the case on me was based on Meta. If I was Doom and said something you didn't like, that would be par for the course. However, if I was Doom, and uncommonly courteous, would that warrant a vote as well?

I will FoS kratos for his assumption that I was mafia or lyncher. Mafia I could understand, but it seems odd to accuse lyncher. 13 man game is a bit too small to support lyncher in my opinion, and this is before getting into the discussion about when the right time is for a lyncher to push a bandwagon on the target.

I can state the obvious however and say that straight voting the target on Day 1 is most definitely not a good lyncher play WIFOM or not...

All I said was I thought you were one of those two. When someone appears to be scummy you generally think they're mafia. Why I went with lyncher as my alternative was you went for a lynch on an inactive who had already been replaced. I will overlook that now that you have pointed out it wasn't changed on the original page, but at the time, it appeared as if you had one specific target that you wanted to get.

As for this size not supporting a lyncher, remember that sustained balance was not promised in this game so there could be some odd roles out there
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:41 pm

jonty125 wrote:
rishaed wrote:I am replacing Mtamburini, as soon as I can confirm a replacement, he has not posted since early joke voting stages which is unacceptable. Through the mass prod he has been warned, and I have not received a PM concerning the absence.

Hmm, concidence. I think not, and his reason for not posting is he "forgot to click on the button to let him know someone has posted". Is anyone else slightly clueless about what this means vote mtamburini

He also didn't mention that he received a PM, as we ALL did... As I just looked and, indeed, his name was on it.

So... If this is his first or second game, you would think he would WANT to participate... He doesn't have the experience, unless he has played elsewhere, to scummarine like that... And, he also would not be an effective Jester.

So.................. I am going with reverse REVERSE reverse psychology...

Vote: mtamburini
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby mtamburini on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

He also didn't mention that he received a PM, as we ALL did... As I just looked and, indeed, his name was on it.

So... If this is his first or second game, you would think he would WANT to participate... He doesn't have the experience, unless he has played elsewhere, to scummarine like that... And, he also would not be an effective Jester.

I am ready to post something, but would like to hear others opinions on this matter of me being scum.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:24 pm

As I see it I have 2 votes and one FOS from Benja?
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:29 pm

mtamburini wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

I am ready to post something, but would like to hear others opinions on this matter of me being scum.

How about you post something about the two people who have already accused you?

Don't drag the fucking day out... The method I see you presently using is "I'm just going to screw with the people playing and not try to play myself." Your job is to help town find scum, or, if you are scum, to kill all the town... When the only posts you have made are completely void of content and do nothing to progress the game, you are not giving people a very good impression.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby mtamburini on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
mtamburini wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

How about you post something about the two people who have already accused you?

Don't drag the fucking day out... The method I see you presently using is "I'm just going to screw with the people playing and not try to play myself." Your job is to help town find scum, or, if you are scum, to kill all the town... When the only posts you have made are completely void of content and do nothing to progress the game, you are not giving people a very good impression.

No need to curse. You can present your ideas in a calm and mature manor.

As I see it looks like you BW vote to me!

Found my first scum ;)

The reason why I posted was because of the prod I received via PM. Hence why I did not know what was going on. As it stands right now Im currently in 3 mafia games so keeping up with each game I look for notifications when someone posts something, hence why I did not get a notification for this one because I forgot to check the box on my first post.

As per the 2 votes against me so far, I see mafia between one of them or potentially both of them.

1st case. My first vote is from mafia because town was pressuring one of his "partners" and to get us off of them he puts forward that I am an easy lynch today and makes up a somewhat reasonable but not that reasonable response. My actions have been clear up to this point so you casting suspicion on me seems scummy.

2nd case. My second vote against me is from mafia because he sees a townie puts pressure on me for acting scummy (even though I have explained myself) and BW votes in hope more townies + their partners jump on to get an easy lynch and go into the night with another chance to get rid of another townie.

I will unvote and give these 2 a chance to defend themselves.

As per not knowing what this notification for when someone posts something, I ask you are you new to forum posting?

As per getting the PM, why is that relevant to bring up?

Rebuddle me.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 pm

OK... I assume English isn't your first language... If it is... YIKES!

Why is the PM relevant to bring up? One, because, if you hadn't RECEIVED the PM, it may be understandable that you had forgotten about the game... Two, because the length of time it takes you to respond to a PM when it is prodding you to post is important... You play Risk, so you must at least log on twice a day to take your turns, assuming you are a good teammate and player, which, judging from your rank, you are... So why the time between the prod and your actual post?

If you are playing in three games and can't keep up, maybe it is time to ask to be replaced? Playing in three games for me is not that hard, and I am usually one of the most active players in ALL the games...

Third, I curse... a lot... In games, in RL, at work... I already DO tone it down for this, so, when I see someone being blatantly void of content in their posts, it pisses me off. This isn't "Annoy the other players around you." It is Mafia... Even this post I am responding to is fairly devoid of content... You just blanket that BOTH players who voted you MUST be mafia with complete assumptions that prove you obviously didn't read the arguments made against you. You also say you see mafia "potentially in both of us," but your rebuke is just stating that both of us MUST be mafia... So which is it?

If this is your concept of playing this game, expect to be lynched early and often...
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby mtamburini on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:OK... I assume English isn't your first language... If it is... YIKES!

Why is the PM relevant to bring up? One, because, if you hadn't RECEIVED the PM, it may be understandable that you had forgotten about the game... Two, because the length of time it takes you to respond to a PM when it is prodding you to post is important... You play Risk, so you must at least log on twice a day to take your turns, assuming you are a good teammate and player, which, judging from your rank, you are... So why the time between the prod and your actual post?

If you are playing in three games and can't keep up, maybe it is time to ask to be replaced? Playing in three games for me is not that hard, and I am usually one of the most active players in ALL the games...

Third, I curse... a lot... In games, in RL, at work... I already DO tone it down for this, so, when I see someone being blatantly void of content in their posts, it pisses me off. This isn't "Annoy the other players around you." It is Mafia... Even this post I am responding to is fairly devoid of content... You just blanket that BOTH players who voted you MUST be mafia with complete assumptions that prove you obviously didn't read the arguments made against you. You also say you see mafia "potentially in both of us," but your rebuke is just stating that both of us MUST be mafia... So which is it?

If this is your concept of playing this game, expect to be lynched early and often...

I read the PM saying Im inactive in a game, not realizing I was in a game because I didnt check the notify me button. The notify me when someone posts button is a tool I use to know that someone has posted after something I have said. Now that I am more active and you dont even consider to look at what I said about my post? You immediately assume I thnk you both are mafia when I said there is a possiblity that you both are. I posted my 2 cases which are the more likely scenarios of what is going on.

As for your rudeness and cursing. You should expect to get lynch for the BM that you display. Your actions are repulsive and do not create a atmosphere that new players want to come back to.

Im conviced one of you 2 could be mafia and IGMEOY Benja, not ready to vote just yet want to hear from the other person who voted for me.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:16 pm

You are CONVINCED that one of us COULD be mafia? Wow, thank you, Capt Obvious... ANYONE can be mafia, so saying you are convinced ONE of us COULD be is perhaps one of the most idiotic things I have ever read. You have given me no reason to unvote you, and if I turn you off about playing other games I am in, I can't say I am disappointed, because your play style sucks...

How about you actually read through the posts and make a rational argument, instead of gross generalizations, assumptions and nonsense?
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby mtamburini on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:You are CONVINCED that one of us COULD be mafia? Wow, thank you, Capt Obvious... ANYONE can be mafia, so saying you are convinced ONE of us COULD be is perhaps one of the most idiotic things I have ever read. You have given me no reason to unvote you, and if I turn you off about playing other games I am in, I can't say I am disappointed, because your play style sucks...

How about you actually read through the posts and make a rational argument, instead of gross generalizations, assumptions and nonsense?

I will not take your harassment much longer. I have given 2 valid reasons why one of you 2 could be mafia. Why are you on such a defensive side? Are you made that you have been caught by some one who has only posted once prior to today? I hear a lot of yelling and not enough scum hunting from you IMHO.

Whether you decide to change your vote or not IDC, tomorrow everything will be more clearer and you will start to think with a more balanced head.
Sergeant mtamburini

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives