Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Day 2: Shots Fired

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:54 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I suppose that the vote stealer role is more likely to be town than mafia, and I would like jonty to confirm he has stolen the vote by using it on someone. What's more interesting to me is that jonty appears to have had his ability at the start instead of the ??? that seems to be more common. Does cast some doubt on alignment, I could see third party being given early abilities to offset the greater difficulty for them to win.

Wow... You will notice that both deaths have been recruits. Not everyone is in the army. There are politicians and generals and spies and all sorts of war related characters. The fact is, you have just ousted yourself to me in exactly the same way Jonty did.... MM explained the game mexhanics very well in the PM, ergo, you are eother a townie power role who already has his power too, or you are evil...

Vote: safariguy

Official vote count please.

Have you considered that I could also be a recruit with ??? abilities? In fact, I would say that the odds are most people are ??? abilities. For you to believe or insinuate that the majority of players are not ??? roles especially considering that both dead players had ??? abilities leads me to believe that you are not a recruit. The odds of two recruits dying if they are in the minority is much lower than if they are.

FoS Nark
Captain safariguy5

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:20 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I suppose that the vote stealer role is more likely to be town than mafia, and I would like jonty to confirm he has stolen the vote by using it on someone. What's more interesting to me is that jonty appears to have had his ability at the start instead of the ??? that seems to be more common. Does cast some doubt on alignment, I could see third party being given early abilities to offset the greater difficulty for them to win.

Wow... You will notice that both deaths have been recruits. Not everyone is in the army. There are politicians and generals and spies and all sorts of war related characters. The fact is, you have just ousted yourself to me in exactly the same way Jonty did.... MM explained the game mexhanics very well in the PM, ergo, you are eother a townie power role who already has his power too, or you are evil...

Vote: safariguy

Official vote count please.

Have you considered that I could also be a recruit with ??? abilities? In fact, I would say that the odds are most people are ??? abilities. For you to believe or insinuate that the majority of players are not ??? roles especially considering that both dead players had ??? abilities leads me to believe that you are not a recruit. The odds of two recruits dying if they are in the minority is much lower than if they are.

FoS Nark

I didn't believe OR insinuate that, Safari... Read what I write, not what you want to see. I said not everyone is in the army...

By you saying " ??? that seems to be more common" you make yourself seem very scummy. I have no reason to not feel that way. You did not convey yourself very well, if you are indeed a recruit.

Unvote
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:10 pm

I didn't quite get what was scummy about safariguy's post, but since anark withdrew his vote I guess he was ok enough with the explanation.

Right now we have no other suspicions... so is it better to vote a likely third party (jonty), or some random person that will probably be town again? (Just because jonty colored his name blue doesn't mean it really should be blue... I agree with the others that his role sounds likely to be third party, maybe a survivor kind of role... normal politician that will sell out to either side as long as he stays in power)

Is it possible to nudge anyone who hasn't posted since the night? For all we know all the scum are hiding out and just waiting for us to lynch another town.
Major HotShot53

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:36 pm

Personally, I am always really suspicious about politicians because the only one I have ever played as, and have ever seen, was a dirty politician and I stole votes and was mafia. I just dont see how taking anyones vote at any time would be considered useful to town. So FOS Jonty simply because I dont trust the claim.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:38 pm

jonty125 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:as per instructions
unvote, and vote anark
well looks like what jonty said was true

Sooooo, I am the one person who DOESN'T vote Jonty, and he decides to use gregwolfs vote on me???? WTF?

Just to prove, the ability, I can shift it later.

Iron Butterfly wrote:http://valkyria.wikia.com/wiki/Maurits_von_Borg]Why would the Prime Minister of Gallia refer to his own army members as "rebels"?

Because I'm a donkey and didn't understand the flavour, that Alice and W whatever are on my team.

gregwolf121 wrote:if you bought mine i never recieved the money

You don't get any money.

Iron Butterfly wrote:u to tell us why you stole someones vote night 1 if you have no idea who they are and why gregwolf?

What's the worst, that can happen to gregwolf because of this, I can even force him to vote who we wants.#

Question for you IB, why didn't you vote, in the stop been coy post. I hadn't posted in between that one and your vote?

The only part I dont get is why would you refer to your team as the rebels instead of town? It seems like if you didnt know anything about the flavor, then you would refer to them as the town, and if you did know flavor you would have put yourself on the side of the townies who died and said town lost those two.

Okay, that probably makes no sense. Im trying to say that unless you were in the empire or a third party, you wouldn't have said that sentence about the rebels the way you did. Im not moving my vote.

Fastposted - That reminded me that I dont see anything different between your buying of votes and a vote stealer. It just seems like youre trying to paint your role in a good light.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby kratos644 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:20 am

HotShot53 wrote:I didn't quite get what was scummy about safariguy's post, but since anark withdrew his vote I guess he was ok enough with the explanation.

Right now we have no other suspicions... so is it better to vote a likely third party (jonty), or some random person that will probably be town again? (Just because jonty colored his name blue doesn't mean it really should be blue... I agree with the others that his role sounds likely to be third party, maybe a survivor kind of role... normal politician that will sell out to either side as long as he stays in power)

Is it possible to nudge anyone who hasn't posted since the night? For all we know all the scum are hiding out and just waiting for us to lynch another town.

It was just misinterpreted it would appear. Anyway I do have one person that I am leaning more towards right now and that is Virus. The reason being the way he hopped on the Jonty wagon and then hopped right off without any questioning of the claim at all. Just because someone makes their claim blue doesn't mean they are town. Back to Virus though, the way he voted makes it appear that he doesn't care who gets lynched as long as he can get someone lynched. This is somewhat scummy and for now the best lead that we have it appears. We do have jonty who is likely 3rd party but clearly his ability was true so there isn't too much we have to worry about him at the moment. If we can't find a better target he would be a good lynch for the day, though. In the end, I'm going to go ahead and unvote vote Virus for reasons stated above.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:08 am

new guy1 wrote:Okay, that probably makes no sense. Im trying to say that unless you were in the empire or a third party, you wouldn't have said that sentence about the rebels the way you did. Im not moving my vote.

Or I was clueless about flavour like I suggested?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:35 am

That still leaves the question of why you would use REBELS not Militia. Not once in the episodes that I watched was the word rebels even slightly used. Considering that Gallia is a free country and all. I'm still leaning more 3rd party, and feel that it is time to move somewhere else today. He is a decent lynch target today if we don't get anywhere else.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:40 am

jonty125 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Okay, that probably makes no sense. Im trying to say that unless you were in the empire or a third party, you wouldn't have said that sentence about the rebels the way you did. Im not moving my vote.

unvote

LOL I just realized the irony of your situation by remembering your last two games you modded. On both games I got lynched because of the color scheme you created, which was different then how we normally play.. I made my observations and someone jumped on me saying if I were town I would know what color I was suppose to be. granted the situation is different but the mistake is the same in some regards.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby FloresDelMal on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:49 am

rishaed wrote:That still leaves the question of why you would use REBELS not Militia. Not once in the episodes that I watched was the word rebels even slightly used. Considering that Gallia is a free country and all. I'm still leaning more 3rd party, and feel that it is time to move somewhere else today. He is a decent lynch target today if we don't get anywhere else.

QFT if we lynch jointy he wont be a big loss for town, but he is not a huge threat either, not for now at least, who knows later if he unlock some scummy power role, but atm i am willing to unvote vote virus for the reasons i posted before in addition to him being so trigger happy about BW's, this seems quite fishy indeed, plus he has made not real contribution to the discussion.
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby virus90 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:39 am

kratos644 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I am Maurits von Borg - Politician, each night, I may buy a player's vote for the night, I have control over gregwolf's vote today.

Does anybody know enough of the story to know if this guy actually was on the Darcsen side, or if he was empire? For all I know, this could be a real claim, only changing the role from red to blue.....

Now, as I said.... Seven of you voted him far too quickly... I guarantee a few of you are empire sympathizers.

I agree with you on both accounts.
That doesn't sound like a role that screams town to me. The ability to control a players vote for a day can benefit town or mafia. It could also benefit a third party that needs to lynch a specific person.

As for the jumping on the band wagon, yes I realize I was also on it, I'm currently most suspicious of Virus for doing so as he didn't even question the claim but rather immediately unvoted. This tells me he didn't care who he voted and was just trying to potentially get a lynch through.

I'm still not convinced Jonty is town and for the moment that is where my vote will stay as a result.

getting a lynch through was not were i was looking for, it was for getting some pressure on,
virus90 wrote:good point, I'll put some more pressure on
vote Jonty

we needed a claim because we did not know anything and we had to get the discussion going, because else we wait 2 weeks for the counter to role down, and give the bad-guys a chance to vote someone of with 2-3 votes just like happened last time with edocsil. (not saying it necessarily were the bad guys who got the votes in that killed, but a kill was there and noone really wanted it). So we got the claim, probably because me and some others pressured him by voting, my goal was reached, so why keep it there? it was not likely that he was going down with the 15-17 votes needed at that point, so why would i keep my vote on him? probably it will take another week or so before the counter is down to a level in which it becomes likely we get a majority for anything. the discussion was on, goal reached, get vote out of there because its useless at this point anyway.
votes at this stage are only useful in proving your point and having a discussion, if you want answers from someone you probably gonna need more then 1 vote, because who the hell would be scared by 1 or 2 if you need over a dozen at this point?
Major virus90

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:49 am

virus90 wrote:votes at this stage are only useful in proving your point and having a discussion, if you want answers from someone you probably gonna need more then 1 vote, because who the hell would be scared by 1 or 2 if you need over a dozen at this point?

Did we learn nothing from the lynch yesterday? We cannot afford to wait too long or we could accidentally lynch people from deadline pressure. But honestly, this defensive post is more than enough for me to vote virus regardless of your definition of "enough pressure".
Captain safariguy5

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:48 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
virus90 wrote:votes at this stage are only useful in proving your point and having a discussion, if you want answers from someone you probably gonna need more then 1 vote, because who the hell would be scared by 1 or 2 if you need over a dozen at this point?

Did we learn nothing from the lynch yesterday? We cannot afford to wait too long or we could accidentally lynch people from deadline pressure. But honestly, this defensive post is more than enough for me to vote virus regardless of your definition of "enough pressure".

+1... Safari nailed that one... Again, since my vote was one of the three yesterday that killed Edoc (even though he was looking mighty scummy and I don't feel too bad about a non-claiming player) I feel timid about throwing it around in this game. If virus doesn't come up with anything too great for a response, I will vote him.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby virus90 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Vote safariguy
for totally missing my point. or delibaretly ignoring some parts of it?

virus90 wrote:we needed a claim because we did not know anything and we had to get the discussion going, because else we wait 2 weeks for the counter to role down, and give the bad-guys a chance to vote someone of with 2-3 votes just like happened last time with edocsil. (not saying it necessarily were the bad guys who got the votes in that killed, but a kill was there and noone really wanted it).

safariguy5 wrote:Did we learn nothing from the lynch yesterday? We cannot afford to wait too long or we could accidentally lynch people from deadline pressure. But honestly, this defensive post is more than enough for me to vote virus regardless of your definition of "enough pressure".

How is what i first said marked in blue any different for what you use against me. i am exactly saying the same, or is my use of english vague or off?
and about the number of votes, i am afraid i am just being realistic that it will take more days to get to a stage where it is possible to lynch anyone at all. for 1 reason because you still need a shitload of votes. 14 by my count for today. that probably would take the hole town to agree at this stage. and for reason 2. of the people alive not even everyone has bothered to post more then 1 message at all since the start of day 2, so i wonder if at this stage if all active people agree we would get enough votes for a lynch.
so yes i vote you, which is pretty useless (reference to next quote)since we need about 14 votes at this stage, but it is to make a point: and i quote:
to which i want to add that by "wanting answers" i mean answers or claims(which can be a form of answers in my opinion).
Major virus90

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Hot shot and James ker where are you??

I am most suspicious of the "inactives" at this point. These two come to mind as does rishead.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Not inactive just very busy.... last final today after that will have much more time to formulate things. A short opinion on the situation by me is presented up above.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:16 pm

No virus, the vote was not pointless, thank you for adding an OMGUS vote onto the case against you.
Captain safariguy5

Postby virus90 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Hot shot and James ker where are you??

I am most suspicious of the "inactives" at this point. These two come to mind as does rishead.

jamesker is missing, for over a week, no one heard from him. hotshot should be there i guess.
Major virus90

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

unvote

LOL I just realized the irony of your situation by remembering your last two games you modded. On both games I got lynched because of the color scheme you created, which was different then how we normally play.. I made my observations and someone jumped on me saying if I were town I would know what color I was suppose to be. granted the situation is different but the mistake is the same in some regards.

True that, also, I'm returning to the modding scene soon.

On virus, it seems he was just wanting a claim from me, and I can see why he unvoted, after all, there was no "hard" evidence, to suggest I'm not who I say I am, but there is the speculation, of that vote manipulators are normally bad (which is true).
Cook jonty125

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:21 pm

HotShot posted on the exact same page you posted on. Maybe you should pay attention.

jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

unvote

True that, also, I'm returning to the modding scene soon.

On virus, it seems he was just wanting a claim from me, and I can see why he unvoted, after all, there was no "hard" evidence, to suggest I'm not who I say I am, but there is the speculation, of that vote manipulators are normally bad (which is true).

I just don't know with you. I can understand being clueless about flavor, if you aren't familiar of the theme.. but you willingly admit your role is generally a mafia. So why should we believe that you are town?

I am going to hesitantly Unvote. But I don't 100% believe your alignment.

I'm going to take a deeper look at the back and forth between Saf and Virus. Been sick, so my head is foggy, and i'd rather not read over something.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:02 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:So why should we believe that you are town?

TBH, I'm survived this long, I am town, so I don't have problem with greg saying who we wants to vote, and then I tell the mod, to tell greg, to vote who greg said.
Cook jonty125

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:20 am

As TFO at least noticed, I posted earlier today, before your post... you and virus must have been skimming a bit to miss it I guess.

Unfortunately, I think James will need replacing, it's been over a week since he's been online and the game he was modding has been abandoned. I just hope he's ok.

Sorry I don't have as much to contribute yet, since this is my first game on here I don't know all the "scum signs" like you more experienced players do. And since bandwagon voting seems to be discouraged... I'm not sure what to do yet lol
Major HotShot53

Postby rishaed on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:56 am

Best thing to do is bring a case of your own to the front! I will be looking for that starting tomorrow. Sleep is calling.

Postby FloresDelMal on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:21 am

hotshot: just elaborate about why you agree or disagree with someone's post if you dont know where to start, that will get discussion going ^^
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:07 pm

So much for the discussion....

The last post is from friday and today is Sunday. Seems some folks are content to let clock run out for a lynch. Im not sure what the vote or day count is at.

Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives