Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Day 2: Shots Fired

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:55 pm

jonty125 wrote:I am Maurits von Borg - Politician, each night, I may buy a player's vote for the night, I have control over gregwolf's vote today.

Does anybody know enough of the story to know if this guy actually was on the Darcsen side, or if he was empire? For all I know, this could be a real claim, only changing the role from red to blue.....

Now, as I said.... Seven of you voted him far too quickly... I guarantee a few of you are empire sympathizers.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby kratos644 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I am Maurits von Borg - Politician, each night, I may buy a player's vote for the night, I have control over gregwolf's vote today.

Does anybody know enough of the story to know if this guy actually was on the Darcsen side, or if he was empire? For all I know, this could be a real claim, only changing the role from red to blue.....

Now, as I said.... Seven of you voted him far too quickly... I guarantee a few of you are empire sympathizers.

I agree with you on both accounts.
That doesn't sound like a role that screams town to me. The ability to control a players vote for a day can benefit town or mafia. It could also benefit a third party that needs to lynch a specific person.

As for the jumping on the band wagon, yes I realize I was also on it, I'm currently most suspicious of Virus for doing so as he didn't even question the claim but rather immediately unvoted. This tells me he didn't care who he voted and was just trying to potentially get a lynch through.

I'm still not convinced Jonty is town and for the moment that is where my vote will stay as a result.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:48 pm

kratos644 wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:thats 7 votes, theres 18 alive, so right now jonty is around L-3, and since the number of votes required to lynch drops each day, i also say that we need to hear jonty's response before more people vote him.

Way to skim... Right now he's at L-10. Tomorrow he'll be at L-9 if no one else votes. There is no reason that he even needs to claim at the moment as a lynch is still far off into the future. That was why I put my vote on him as the case was far better than the day 1 case and he was no where close to being lynched yet. Some people do appear to have just jumped on the wagon willy nilly though.

i know others have said this but your right kratos, i forgot that it started at 18 and went down, i still used to the old rules for lynching. that being said he still has a lot of votes so we will need to be careful or the days will pass and he will be lynched anyways,

if you bought mine i never recieved the money, but any ways i will vote gregwolf121 easy way to test to see if i still have my vote or not, if i do jonty has lied, if i don't then its more likely that he is telling the truth
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:57 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:
kratos644 wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:thats 7 votes, theres 18 alive, so right now jonty is around L-3, and since the number of votes required to lynch drops each day, i also say that we need to hear jonty's response before more people vote him.

Way to skim... Right now he's at L-10. Tomorrow he'll be at L-9 if no one else votes. There is no reason that he even needs to claim at the moment as a lynch is still far off into the future. That was why I put my vote on him as the case was far better than the day 1 case and he was no where close to being lynched yet. Some people do appear to have just jumped on the wagon willy nilly though.

i know others have said this but your right kratos, i forgot that it started at 18 and went down, i still used to the old rules for lynching. that being said he still has a lot of votes so we will need to be careful or the days will pass and he will be lynched anyways,

if you bought mine i never recieved the money, but any ways i will vote gregwolf121 easy way to test to see if i still have my vote or not, if i do jonty has lied, if i don't then its more likely that he is telling the truth

I do not doubt he took your vote, Greg... I think it is worth your test, for sure, but... I still think the real question is whether or not he is a good guy.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:10 pm

http://valkyria.wikia.com/wiki/Maurits_von_Borg

Why would the Prime Minister of Gallia refer to his own army members as "rebels"? That still has not been explained and Jonty was not very chatty other then his claim.

Granted I have no prior knowledge of this universe so maybe I am missing something.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jonty125 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:That still has not been explained and Jonty was not very chatty other then his claim.ing.

What else would you like?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby The Weird One on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:19 pm

jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:That still has not been explained and Jonty was not very chatty other then his claim.ing.

If you would read the full post instead of the last line, alone, you would see what else he was looking for: why the wording "rebels"?
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:36 pm

jonty125 wrote:

Stop being coy. You know exactly what we need.

The thing is you could just as easily be a third party as the character bio shows he is a self serving politician willing to do whatever is in his best interest to secure his family name.

Second in a game that starts with 20 players you have no idea who is who if you are town. Stealing someones vote would only hurt town as you would have no idea who is who. Your vote stealing would only be useful towards endgame. Right now you woul;d be a liability.

Finally I want you to tell us why you stole someones vote night 1 if you have no idea who they are and why gregwolf?

So enough of the one sentence answers and start explaining the choices you have made so far. I will vote you without a satisfactory explanation.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby nagerous on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Seems legit enough to me. I am not convinced from what I have read that Jonty is scum.
Captain nagerous

Postby FloresDelMal on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:07 pm

When Gallia was attacked by the Empire, Borg immediately attempted to form an alliance with the Federation, but realized he was betrayed when the Federation revealed their own sinister plot. With few options left, Borg turned to the Empire, hoping that the Borg household could at least reclaim its former glory, and that he might even be granted the throne of Gallia if he assisted the Empire in its conquest. For Borg, the Empire's declaration of war against Gallia was the perfect opportunity to find a way to hand Gallia over to Imperial rule. Borg knew that he would never sit on the throne without the support of the public, and that simply handing the country over to the Empire would surely cause civil unrest. He therefore contacted Maximilian in secret to devise a plan that would allow for himself and the Empire to both get what they wanted, without alienating the citizens of Gallia.

From what i read i seriously doubt that he is town, but he might be third party, i do beliave his claim i just dont buy his allegiance, and i dont see a pressing need to unvote now. thought i do agree that virus is fishy, and ill quote myself here:

FloresDelMal wrote:btw my day one vote has not moved, and i know that i was kinda mean in the way i phrased it, but there was some substance to it, i mean as meaty as a day 1 vote can likely to be

The Weird One wrote:
FloresDelMal wrote:
virus90 wrote:so it is valkyria vs Darcsen? and valkyria being town? i dont know a thing about this theme. any suggested reading?
and probably the day 1 rule is due to my concerns :-$ but i like the rule, think we should have enough time (about 1 week, for day 1 i guess).

vote virus because he have poor reading and/or comprehension skills that might prove detrimental to town in the future :roll:

My point was that if you start by even skimming the opening scene we are not on the presence of the most promising performance, to me seems pretty evident that the darcsen are a discriminated minority which is victim of a senseless witch hunt not unlikely jewish, homosexuals and gipsies (amongst others) during the world war that this theme is loosely based on; so my vote stays where it is, because i will certainly wont miss a player that thinks things are so black and white as valkyrians v/s darcsens, in a game that i hope it will be so much more complex than that.
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:27 pm

I suppose that the vote stealer role is more likely to be town than mafia, and I would like jonty to confirm he has stolen the vote by using it on someone. What's more interesting to me is that jonty appears to have had his ability at the start instead of the ??? that seems to be more common. Does cast some doubt on alignment, I could see third party being given early abilities to offset the greater difficulty for them to win.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:39 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I suppose that the vote stealer role is more likely to be town than mafia, and I would like jonty to confirm he has stolen the vote by using it on someone. What's more interesting to me is that jonty appears to have had his ability at the start instead of the ??? that seems to be more common. Does cast some doubt on alignment, I could see third party being given early abilities to offset the greater difficulty for them to win.

Wow... You will notice that both deaths have been recruits. Not everyone is in the army. There are politicians and generals and spies and all sorts of war related characters. The fact is, you have just ousted yourself to me in exactly the same way Jonty did.... MM explained the game mexhanics very well in the PM, ergo, you are eother a townie power role who already has his power too, or you are evil...

Vote: safariguy

Official vote count please.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby kratos644 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I suppose that the vote stealer role is more likely to be town than mafia, and I would like jonty to confirm he has stolen the vote by using it on someone. What's more interesting to me is that jonty appears to have had his ability at the start instead of the ??? that seems to be more common. Does cast some doubt on alignment, I could see third party being given early abilities to offset the greater difficulty for them to win.

Wow... You will notice that both deaths have been recruits. Not everyone is in the army. There are politicians and generals and spies and all sorts of war related characters. The fact is, you have just ousted yourself to me in exactly the same way Jonty did.... MM explained the game mexhanics very well in the PM, ergo, you are eother a townie power role who already has his power too, or you are evil...

This seems to be more incriminating than Jonty's. His was based more off of word flavor while this seems to be lack of knowledge from the role pms. While I still don't believe jonty is town I'm leaning more towards 3rd party so for now I will unvote vote safariguy5
Major kratos644

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:07 pm

as per instructions
unvote, and vote anark
well looks like what jonty said was true
Captain gregwolf121

Postby kratos644 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:07 am

gregwolf121 wrote:as per instructions
unvote, and vote anark

Like we've been saying though, his ability wasn't really being called into question. That would be a suicidal role to claim because proof could be asked to verify the validity of the role. It is the alignment of the role that is being questioned...
Major kratos644

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:51 am

Vote Jonty

Until jonty answers the questions I asked to my satisfaction my vote stays. Yes he may prove he is a vote buyer but that does not prove he is Town. I have played to many games where the vote stealer was able claim a Town role while being Mafia.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:54 am

Hmmm.... I would lean 3rd party on his alignment over Galian, its WIFOM but the esteemed Prime Minister sided with the Federation ( not Empire) but also wasn't thinking of keeping Gallia independent. Also IB's has some very good questions and points. I will vote if no adequate response by Jonty is given.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:32 am

unvote, and vote anark

Sooooo, I am the one person who DOESN'T vote Jonty, and he decides to use gregwolfs vote on me???? WTF?
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:48 am

Votey County:

safariguy5 - 2 (Anarkistsdream, kratos)
Anarkistsdream - 1 (gregwolf)
jonty125 - 6 (ga7, Flores, TWO, TFO, new guy1, Iron Butterfly
TheForgivenOne - 5 (For not having best pony as avatar)

I don't count the 1st midnight (since that's less of a full rl day), so:
2 days have passed, with 18 total, it takes 16 to lynch!
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:39 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:
unvote, and vote anark

Sooooo, I am the one person who DOESN'T vote Jonty, and he decides to use gregwolfs vote on me???? WTF?

Just to prove, the ability, I can shift it later.

Iron Butterfly wrote:http://valkyria.wikia.com/wiki/Maurits_von_Borg]Why would the Prime Minister of Gallia refer to his own army members as "rebels"?

Because I'm a donkey and didn't understand the flavour, that Alice and W whatever are on my team.

gregwolf121 wrote:if you bought mine i never recieved the money

You don't get any money.

Iron Butterfly wrote:u to tell us why you stole someones vote night 1 if you have no idea who they are and why gregwolf?

What's the worst, that can happen to gregwolf because of this, I can even force him to vote who we wants.#

Question for you IB, why didn't you vote, in the stop been coy post. I hadn't posted in between that one and your vote?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:54 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:

Have you considered that I could also be a recruit with ??? abilities? In fact, I would say that the odds are most people are ??? abilities. For you to believe or insinuate that the majority of players are not ??? roles especially considering that both dead players had ??? abilities leads me to believe that you are not a recruit. The odds of two recruits dying if they are in the minority is much lower than if they are.

FoS Nark
Captain safariguy5

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:20 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

Have you considered that I could also be a recruit with ??? abilities? In fact, I would say that the odds are most people are ??? abilities. For you to believe or insinuate that the majority of players are not ??? roles especially considering that both dead players had ??? abilities leads me to believe that you are not a recruit. The odds of two recruits dying if they are in the minority is much lower than if they are.

FoS Nark

I didn't believe OR insinuate that, Safari... Read what I write, not what you want to see. I said not everyone is in the army...

By you saying " ??? that seems to be more common" you make yourself seem very scummy. I have no reason to not feel that way. You did not convey yourself very well, if you are indeed a recruit.

Unvote
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:10 pm

I didn't quite get what was scummy about safariguy's post, but since anark withdrew his vote I guess he was ok enough with the explanation.

Right now we have no other suspicions... so is it better to vote a likely third party (jonty), or some random person that will probably be town again? (Just because jonty colored his name blue doesn't mean it really should be blue... I agree with the others that his role sounds likely to be third party, maybe a survivor kind of role... normal politician that will sell out to either side as long as he stays in power)

Is it possible to nudge anyone who hasn't posted since the night? For all we know all the scum are hiding out and just waiting for us to lynch another town.
Major HotShot53

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:36 pm

Personally, I am always really suspicious about politicians because the only one I have ever played as, and have ever seen, was a dirty politician and I stole votes and was mafia. I just dont see how taking anyones vote at any time would be considered useful to town. So FOS Jonty simply because I dont trust the claim.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:38 pm

jonty125 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
unvote, and vote anark

Just to prove, the ability, I can shift it later.

Iron Butterfly wrote:http://valkyria.wikia.com/wiki/Maurits_von_Borg]Why would the Prime Minister of Gallia refer to his own army members as "rebels"?

Because I'm a donkey and didn't understand the flavour, that Alice and W whatever are on my team.

gregwolf121 wrote:if you bought mine i never recieved the money

You don't get any money.

Iron Butterfly wrote:u to tell us why you stole someones vote night 1 if you have no idea who they are and why gregwolf?

What's the worst, that can happen to gregwolf because of this, I can even force him to vote who we wants.#

Question for you IB, why didn't you vote, in the stop been coy post. I hadn't posted in between that one and your vote?

The only part I dont get is why would you refer to your team as the rebels instead of town? It seems like if you didnt know anything about the flavor, then you would refer to them as the town, and if you did know flavor you would have put yourself on the side of the townies who died and said town lost those two.

Okay, that probably makes no sense. Im trying to say that unless you were in the empire or a third party, you wouldn't have said that sentence about the rebels the way you did. Im not moving my vote.

Fastposted - That reminded me that I dont see anything different between your buying of votes and a vote stealer. It just seems like youre trying to paint your role in a good light.
Sergeant new guy1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives