Conquer Club

[Official] Wheel of Time:EotW [8/14] D4:Twisted Pattern

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Wheel of Time:EotW [8/14] D4:Twisted Pattern

Postby rishaed on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Also Aage... You completely busted my setup ):
You even got Storr's role right about being a traitor.
It was activated either with the day visit of Streaker, or by recruitment action from Wing.
I was also worried as a mod about the lack of decent fake claims within the setup. I considered throwing Loial as a fake claim, (which I should have done), but wanted the size of the game to be 14. In retrospect I could have put some of the villagers in as town, but they don't have much impact on the story.
Also because this game w.as limited to the EotW book, at that time Nynaeve does not like Moraine, and is only trying to get the Boys/Egwene back..
IB you read way too much into flavor on your role. Which was somewhat amusing.
I need to do something about the day actions though. In most cases the people who had actual results were either the 3 Ta'vern or specific role interactions based on the characters. There were many null results because I didn't want to make it so that Scum only wouldn't have any day results and thus be easily spotted. I'll see what I can do to get the full information out there, but that could be difficult over the next few days.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Yeah it was me, Wing. I got super lucky D1 with my day action to visit Iron Butterfly, which made us masons since our characters are connected in the story. My role was a doc role, and I protected IB every night actually, since he was the only one I was sure was town :-)
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Yeah so, i was never told i wasn't town. I was told i win with town, unless something contacts me. Which could have been a number of things.
So i was actually a "traitor" But i had the choice then to town side, which then really really screwed with the game balance.

How ever, since i wasn't told i was 3p, and lack of detail in role pm i don't think i should have ever flipped as 3p.

Interested to see all roles in the game, I'm going with mafia had really really really terrible claims. Game was probably unwindable for them from the start. Even if i had decided to mafia side. Just never made any sense for me to after having to out myself and my role day 1. I mean i never named claimed (for obvious reasons), but because of lack of information of what my role was, and not being told right away that i did trade with someone i was forced to out.

honestly its a pitty wing had to die like that, 100% death due to flavor.

Im still baffled that endgame was town, (i know 2 of his shots happened when he didn't do it) but the lack of early claim on what his role was, + being an unlimited vig (which is just way to strong in a small game, take a look when IB was vig a while back) Just to op. Just gives town twice the chance to lynch/kill mafia while mafia are limited to one night kill.
Major StorrZerg

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Yeah it was me, Wing. I got super lucky D1 with my day action to visit Iron Butterfly, which made us masons since our characters are connected in the story. My role was a doc role, and I protected IB every night actually, since he was the only one I was sure was town :-)

You won the game for town.

If IB had died, that would be cop dead. And also I could run with the theory that rejecting recruitment would act as a poison kill! And then recruit you all. But alas IB started "clearing" the scummier players and I was running out of mislynches to run with. Wish he had checked me as I dont think I would have shown up as tainted.

I'm very curious what Mydraal was capable of, and what all the roles were in fact. But no rush on that Rish.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:04 pm

Honestly its really dumb to do a flavor game, and have certain people be auto confirmed as town. You have to mix up major characters as fake claims, or just randomly role mafia and state that flavor is flavor. Other wise, i can't see any world where mass claiming just straight up ends the game for mafia.

Its likely streaker could have lived if he had "rand" claim, or something else strong, but when you wiki'd his character, and its a small thing, compared to every major character, its probably fake.

aage, you likely could have added a few tiny interactions that didn't mean much on the grand scale. mason for one night (instead of perma mason), lover interaction for a phase, player learns a little flavor, etc.

If you do use traitor again, you can't allow it to be option able imo. Needs to be blunt, and can't actually town side to win. having it show up as town before recruited is fine. (even death) It should never flip as 3p, because it isn't. Traitor can straight up lose too, if it fails to be recruited. Telling mafia is w/e, but I nearly claimed my role and asked to be killed on day 2. Just so i could prevent that option from happening. I decided against it because its kinda dick thing to do to mafia, and its plain boring to die like that.

also, haters gonna hate hate hate
when me and tambo town town town
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:07 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Yeah it was me, Wing. I got super lucky D1 with my day action to visit Iron Butterfly, which made us masons since our characters are connected in the story. My role was a doc role, and I protected IB every night actually, since he was the only one I was sure was town :-)

You won the game for town.

If IB had died, that would be cop dead. And also I could run with the theory that rejecting recruitment would act as a poison kill! And then recruit you all. But alas IB started "clearing" the scummier players and I was running out of mislynches to run with. Wish he had checked me as I dont think I would have shown up as tainted.

I'm very curious what Mydraal was capable of, and what all the roles were in fact. But no rush on that Rish.

i don't think you had a chance. Even with ib dead it isn't a big deal, we had a vig with unlimited shots, and your only option to really do something was to recruit me which wasn't happening. I mean, aage waltzing right in to wreck everything flavor was really funny. Additionally even if you did recruit me, i was dead soon, (i was told the next day, i was going to be able to hand out cop checks anyways) I mean, i honestly couldn't be alive much more than what i was alive for. I wasn't going to be able to claim something that wasn't going to get lynched, so as soon as i was forced (which would have been that day most likely after handing out cop checks), to claim i die.
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:12 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Its Mtam's unconditional trust of Storr which turned out to be false.

wrong :)
Major StorrZerg

Postby Marashu on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:14 pm

GG all. There were a few times after I died that I really wanted to point things out but couldn't. But yeah, I agree that the mafia should have stronger fake claims. I also feel like we got too distracted with day activities, after all. I also feel like Wing was shaping flavour after I died, so kudos to aage for stepping in!

@Storr - yeah, claiming would have been bad for you. And recruitment only worked on you? That's kind of a weird way for the game to go.
Major Marashu

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Marashu wrote: I also feel like Wing was shaping flavour after I died, so kudos to aage for stepping in!

I was doing that before you died ;) But yes that was why you died for me, set you up from the first post of the game... Mtam was right...
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Wing you had me fooled but I think only in specific circumstances would mafia win. But first my role PM

Hello Iron Butterfly, you are Moraine Sedai. Your original name of Moraine Damodred has long since been forgotten, and you have been sent on a search by the Amyrlin to find the Dragon Reborn. Your search has brought you to the Two Rivers, where you found not one but three Ta'vern, and women with much potential.
Day Action: You may visit any person during the day. (This may have effects on your night action.)
Night Action: You may determine if the Shadow holds over one person during the night. You are Aes Sedai and have skills that tell you of Shadowspawn, or those over whom the Dark one holds great sway.
You win if the Light defeats the Shadow.

As you can see,or please correct me if I am wrong, but my role and day actions seemed ambiguous. I read the part about ..."Where you found not one but three Tavvern, and women with much potential." When Mars flippedI assumed I was looking for one of the girls.

I also assumed that the Dark One would be God Father.

But yeh Luck played a big part day and night one. We lynched mafia and Mets day action made us a mason pair. I had my cop role.He also had a wonderful protection role. I was trying to draw fire of mafia and it seemed to work. As long as he protected me I all but went... nah nah nah without seeming to.

The reason I believed Wing was God Father?? Gawd...How could Town have a Mason Pair that could play follow the cop the way we did AND have a role such as END. If Mets had not mason hit me I would not have been as forth coming with information or as blatant....though...

Being able to resist Wings recruitment hurt Wing...I am curious what would have happened if I excepted?

But the whole day thing I screwed up...In the End If Agee had not made it right through flavor I would have screwed it up with my theory. Gawd.

This was a weird game for me...But I never suspected wing as mafia so good job to him he played it very well.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby aage on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:21 pm

Yeah, sorry about my flavour stampede. On one hand I was really afraid that I was completely off with my flavour analysis, since the actual argument was all based off of IB's role pm flavour references. I feared that we were reading waaaay too much into that. On the other hand, I was really afraid that I had actually cracked the setup which would make for a not very fun game. So, I'm sorry @ everyone (and especially Rish&Wing) for kind of breaking the game this way.

What I usually do in flavour games is leave room in the "main characters" group for mafia fake claims, otherwise the claim game is too easy for town. Epi did this really well in HP mafia for example. Since that was such a recent game I should have been wary of strong fake claims for the mafia... but Streaker's day 1 fake claim was so obviously bad that I kind of assumed mafia got shit fake claims.

Wing did very well, I don't recollect where I picked up a scum vibe in his posts but it was during day 1. I second-guessed that first scum read on him so often. Still, the way he responded to my posts confirmed to me game-wise what I suspected based on flavour - that he was maf.

Also, my role PM never said I was town. Did anyone else's?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: [Official] Wheel of Time:EotW [14/14] D1:An Empty Road

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:32 pm

mtamburini wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
mtamburini wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Thats it? You put more effort into your threat to vote for me.

Sigh, whats the friggin point.

Its pretty obvious you're scum if no one really picks up on it I will go into detail.

Please go into detail.

Wing is scum with potter, he discussed that potter is being replaced which is something that no town person would know based on the things happening in game.

LOL so you were proved to be correct. A good thing it was posted elsewhere though. The game over before it started. =D>

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Marashu on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 pm

aage wrote:Also, my role PM never said I was town. Did anyone else's?

Nope - mine only had my name in blue and told me I won if the journey succeeded (along with a brief description about Egwene that I already knew).

I had mitch figured out for Rand D1, because of the way he was talking about the winespring inn, and how he was talking about the rider in black. As for Streaker's fakeclaim, I probably would have even believed some really weak fakeclaims like Cenn Buie, or odd fakeclaims like Bela, before Haral Luhhan. The real thing that did it for me, though, was figuring that mafia wouldn't know that there were VT roles. At that point I couldn't reveal that about myself, but I figured it was super weird that Egwene would be VT but Master Luhhan was a RB.
Major Marashu

Re: [Official] Wheel of Time:EotW [14/14] D1:An Empty Road

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:29 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
mtamburini wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
mtamburini wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Thats it? You put more effort into your threat to vote for me.

Sigh, whats the friggin point.

Its pretty obvious you're scum if no one really picks up on it I will go into detail.

Please go into detail.

Wing is scum with potter, he discussed that potter is being replaced which is something that no town person would know based on the things happening in game.

LOL so you were proved to be correct. A good thing it was posted elsewhere though. The game over before it started. =D>

Not quite, Mets was closer with his read of that first post, discussing flavour to set up Mars at a later stage of the game. The Potter stuff was completely genuine and not alignment at all.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:35 am

Marashu wrote:
aage wrote:Also, my role PM never said I was town. Did anyone else's?

Nope - mine only had my name in blue and told me I won if the journey succeeded (along with a brief description about Egwene that I already knew).

I had mitch figured out for Rand D1, because of the way he was talking about the winespring inn, and how he was talking about the rider in black. As for Streaker's fakeclaim, I probably would have even believed some really weak fakeclaims like Cenn Buie, or odd fakeclaims like Bela, before Haral Luhhan. The real thing that did it for me, though, was figuring that mafia wouldn't know that there were VT roles. At that point I couldn't reveal that about myself, but I figured it was super weird that Egwene would be VT but Master Luhhan was a RB.

We had a range of fakeclaims which also included Elayne Trakand. Streaker took the worst fakeclaim we had, probably cause he knew he was dead sooner or later anyway.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby madmitch on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:25 am

good game thanks for everythng
Cadet madmitch

Re: [Official] Wheel of Time:EotW [11/14] D3:Night Songs

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:06 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Tal, your action is simple. Defend the cop. Up to you how you do that, and you can choose defend others if you want to try and second guess mafia.

Did anyone notice this? I told the "Deprogrammer" to perma-target IB who was known to not be cult...

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Deprogrammer
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby rishaed on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:39 pm

show: RolePMs

show: DayActions

show: NightActions
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby aage on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Nice job on the win condition phrasing. In hindsight the balance is actually okay except for two things: fake claims and Lan's role. It's pretty overpowered once the cop claims. Good job on this game.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:08 pm

aage wrote:Nice job on the win condition phrasing. In hindsight the balance is actually okay except for two things: fake claims and Lan's role. It's pretty overpowered once the cop claims. Good job on this game.

I agree on the fake claims. Thats one regret i have about this game.

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:12 pm

aage wrote:Nice job on the win condition phrasing. In hindsight the balance is actually okay except for two things: fake claims and Lan's role. It's pretty overpowered once the cop claims. Good job on this game.

Indeed. This is the first time I have seen Streakers role PM. All I knew was that my powers were strong and that he was my servant. I assumed that he would be relatively weak. Oh how wrong I was. I needed him.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby rishaed on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:34 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:

Indeed. This is the first time I have seen Streakers role PM. All I knew was that my powers were strong and that he was my servant. I assumed that he would be relatively weak. Oh how wrong I was. I needed him.

I had made both of you relatively strong with each other. ;) Streaker couldn't accomplish everything on his own, but neither could you. Both of you were relatively strong b/c of town strength and weak fake claims...

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:36 pm

Rare occurrence this, but a N0 mafia chat would have been useful.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby rishaed on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Mod Note:Please vote up to 2 people for MVP because I will not be needing my points. If so desired the second person may include someone from the losing team of Wing Cmdr G and Streaker.

Postby aage on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Don't vote me please, my entire case on wing was flavour, my actual game play was below average.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives