Conquer Club

[Beginner] Straight Mafia - TOWN WINS

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beginner] Straight Mafia - 3/10 - D5: Bye mitch

Postby AladdinSane on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:47 am

Thanks very much to Epi for moderating.
Cook AladdinSane

Postby rizky_biznezz on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:53 am

I actually was unsure of my read on Mitch too to be honest I thought it was a false read so I was glad they night killed him.. Sorry Mitch but thanks for taking one for the team lol.. Thanks epi and everyone for a fun game
Sergeant 1st Class rizky_biznezz

Postby madmitch on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:56 pm

no problem ,anything for town,, gg guys thanks
Cadet madmitch

Postby Epitaph1 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:50 pm

Roles:

A) Town:

5 VT - white rose, Soldier, mitch, Aladdin, Tim
1 Cop - risky
1 Doctor - DJPatrick
1 backup cop - IronButterfly

B) Mafia

1 GF - bosaard
1 Goon - Ragian

Fakeclaim – commuter, backup doc

Night actions:

N1:
risky investigates whiterose
Patrick protects Tim
Mafia kills IronButterfly

N2:
Patrick protects Aladdin
risky investigates Streaker
Mafia kills whiterose

N3
DJ protects risky
risky investigates mitch
mafia kills Aladdin

N4:
DJ protects risky
risky investigates DJ
benga kills mitch

I'll have more comment on gameplay on Monday. Busy weekend but I wanted to at least post the roles and actions.

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/4zfEdwkM7CzEt

Note: I ignored bosard's last action because I saw it after she requested to be replaced and wanted benga to decide the NK.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby Epitaph1 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:27 am

A couple of comments. I wish I had posted these earlier when they were fresh in my mind but RL has been extremely busy lately.

In general, I thought both sides played pretty well. I was very impressed with Aladdin's play--his train of thought was well on the tracks and he did a good job of communicating his thoughts and reads and such. Aladdin will do very well in mafia if he continues playing.

DJ had a good read on Streak but only after Streaker pushed on him so hard. I don't think Streaker would have pushed that hard in other games but he wanted to get the conversation going. DJ needed someone to light a fire under him to get going but he I thought he did pretty well once he got more involved.

Risky has come a long way since his first game. I think he's one of the most improved players in the forum within the last few months.

Very gutsy on mafia's part to leave the doc alone the whole game. I think they thought this would bring pressure on DJ but it never materialized. I'm not sure if it's because people didn't think anything of it or what, but I was shocked that DJ wasn't lynched on D3 or D4. If risky would have investigated benga/bos (the godfather), I bet he would have pushed on DJ more just by process of elimination. It just didn't play out that way, which was a tough break for the mafia.

Tim and mitch. I think you guys are getting much better with your reads and have an overall better feeling for the game, but you've got to find a better way to communicate them. I know we each have our own style, but when people don't understand you, it's harder to get them on your side. I think those who have played with you more are able to understand/read you a little better, but for players that haven't, your posts can often come across as scummy.

I hope bos comes back and plays more. She did pretty well for being scum her first time (although she was also scum in Stack the Deck which ran at the same time). She didn't seem terribly committal with many reads or pushes, which might get her busted in the future.

Soldier, not sure what happened there. I get the impression that he resented the pressure on him and just wrote everyone off. I haven't played mafia at other sites, but I understand each place is different and it seemed like he didn't know how to handle the D1 train on him. It's like this game didn't fit with how he played mafia elsewhere.

TWR - tbh, I thought your play was fine. The mafia took you out N2, but I wished you could have been in it longer.

Thanks for playing, everyone! We'll try to get another beginner game set up sooner than later, but it might not be until after the holidays unless someone would like to host one earlier.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Re: [Beginner] Straight Mafia - TOWN WINS

Postby the white rose on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:53 pm

thanks for those comments and thanks for stepping in to keep the game going. much appreciated.
Sergeant 1st Class the white rose

Postby AladdinSane on Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:33 am

Yes, thanks for the comments Epi, and for modding the game. Thanks also everyone for a fun game.
Cook AladdinSane

Postby Streaker on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:38 am

Hey guys! Loved subbing in, and absolutely loved pushing the claimed doc so hard :D
Epi is right though, I would not have pulled that one in any other game. I'm very happy with the results however, as it was very well handled by town.

Everyone played good, if not great, but I must say I was mostly impressed by Aladdin. For a first time play he did incredible.
Hope everyone had a good time, and joins a few of the next games!
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives