Conquer Club

[OFFICIAL] Stack the Deck mafia (4/12)Endgame: MAFIA WIN

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [OFFICIAL] Stack the Deck mafia (5/12)D4:A handfull of c

Postby dakky21 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:55 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:My gut instinct is fantastic. Much harder to elequent a case when you just know rather than logically deduced.

yes regarding me
IB was correct about voting rizky is stupid
mars & boss ... I still can't comprehend the bosaard outburst about being town... while being mafia...
and mars being mafia... well it was kinda expected but why didn't you push that a bit more, I'd probably accept that route

We failed big time here Wing... well.. at least you read me correct ;)
Captain dakky21

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:00 am

dakky21 wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:My gut instinct is fantastic. Much harder to elequent a case when you just know rather than logically deduced.

yes regarding me
IB was correct about voting rizky is stupid
mars & boss ... I still can't comprehend the bosaard outburst about being town... while being mafia...
and mars being mafia... well it was kinda expected but why didn't you push that a bit more, I'd probably accept that route

We failed big time here Wing... well.. at least you read me correct ;)

I was right about you,
I was right about Boss
& I was right about Mars, I just couldnt place my finger on exactly why.

And then I let Mars convince me to lynch Mitch and Rizky. Yeah that was stupid.

Why is the onous on me to push more? Dakky you are not playing the game in its entirety but the last three pages. You cant make good reads that way. I would have agreed to lynch you if I was doing that as you were the scummiest player in the game from p10 onwards. All you need to do is keep some notes on the game so you have your observations each time you look at the game with fresh eyes.

@Mitch - you seemed a little odd in this game. Your arguments were inconsistent throughout and it just seemed like you were making stuff up to fit a case rather than being your interpretation of the game. I'm not sure why this was as that is abnormal for your play.

@Rizky - Look at the likely before the outlandishly unlikely. Other than that, just keep playing and keep learning.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby rizky_biznezz on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:41 am

Thanks wing.. I had all sorts of plays i was trying to cover every possibility lol.. I wasnt set on my theory i just put out some thoughts to see what others came back with... I know i have lots to learn.. I was worried about playing with all of the really experienced players... Guess I figured u all have played so much together that mafia might have to use a crazy play to pull it off.. Thanks for trying to help me out sorry I thought u were scummy.. the not caring about the dead players and the game u brought up where u were scum and u killed scum kind of threw me off track...my bad lol
Sergeant 1st Class rizky_biznezz

Postby ptlowe on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 am

Funny thing was if Mafia didnt kill me night 1, I tracked Bos to me.....

Anyways, I would like another shot at this.
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:14 am

rizky_biznezz wrote:Thanks wing.. I had all sorts of plays i was trying to cover every possibility lol.. I wasnt set on my theory i just put out some thoughts to see what others came back with... I know i have lots to learn.. I was worried about playing with all of the really experienced players...

Dont be, at the end of the day the game is in reality very simple. Experience helps, but its not that important.

rizky_biznezz wrote:Guess I figured u all have played so much together that mafia might have to use a crazy play to pull it off..

Sometimes it happens, but even then it is hard to keep it hidden till the end. Town always significantly outnumber mafia and good teamwork beats all.

rizky_biznezz wrote:Thanks for trying to help me out sorry I thought u were scummy.. the not caring about the dead players and the game u brought up where u were scum and u killed scum kind of threw me off track...my bad lol

All worthy reasons for thinking I was scum, so I have no qualms with that. It was the building a case on the basis of a connection between me and Endgame that was exceedingly tenuous. Build a case on the basis of my play and then just admit youre not sure who my partner is.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Marashu on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:14 pm

I liked the extra challenge from the game shuffle - it made it pretty tough. I had no idea what the setup was anyway. For quite a while I thought dakky was the roleblocker. I don't get how, with lots of people suspecting me, I didn't get any votes against me except early D1.

I was really worried that my team did take daychat and I accidentally outed rose. With my bus on bosaa I had a plan to "prove" my RB by catching mafia on the last day (bosaa lynch would bring it down to 8, nk and IB kill would bring it down to 6, lynch would bring it to 5, I let IB do a kill and don't kill to bring it to 4, and force IB into a situation where he can't afford to make the same mistake as he did when Wing/Storr fakeclaimed BP and IB didn't lynch Wing). I was planning on not dropping hints to the mafia until I had to claim, and would claim that I RB'd one of them - which I ended up doing.

As for the re-shufle for prizes, I'll leave that up to everyone else, since I was on the winning team. I'm ok either way.
Major Marashu

Postby dakky21 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:10 pm

You two got me fooled so even if IB wasn't revealed you'd still fool me so I am as well ok either way, even think it's ok to give you rewards, and even think bosaard should get something as well as her outburst went really well.
Captain dakky21

Postby the white rose on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:43 pm

a real pity the game got screwed, Bos and I deliberately took no extra pr's just so that tracker would be a safe claim.

when pt counterclaimed, i first figured that he was traitor trying to earn town cred.

shame cos i was really looking forward to faking tracker, had loads of plans to convince everyone.
Sergeant 1st Class the white rose

Postby Epitaph1 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:44 am

I'll let you guys decide about the prizes. Even if everyone decides not to replay, I'm not taking a medal even though I was on the winning team.

The set up is pretty interesting, good find by Streaker. Thanks for hosting, Streak!

fwiw, I actually thought risky was doing pretty well when I did my long read. I was going to push Wing today once I got caught up.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby Marashu on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:09 pm

People scumreading rizky was probably the most confusing thing to me. Even D4 I didn't want to vote for him because I felt he was too obviously town, and was wondering if dakky was trying to trap me.
Major Marashu

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:53 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Mafia played very well. But vig over cop really hurt town.

Agreed. Prime reason Vig should not shoot night one. The whole logic of the game was thrown askew.

Mafia played well. Smart to let me kill for them.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Marashu on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:43 pm

IB, did you shoot me N3?
Major Marashu

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:56 pm

I don't get how bos's outburst made her seem town... We had lots of town players acting strangely though, haha.

I'm happy not to replay the game. I'd vote Mars for MVP. He appeared as possible scum on some people's lists, but didn't do anything in particular that let anyone build a case on him, and hid well as the traitor.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Marashu wrote:IB, did you shoot me N3?

no. I honestly had no idea who was who. I did not think Dakky was scum nor did I think Rizky was scum, in fact Rizky was my only sure Town read, while Dakky I see sawed on. Wing was a big question as he sounded Town but I have been fooled before.Honestly Bos and you had me fooled.

I did not shoot night 3 as I knew I was dead anyways.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Marashu on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Streaker, go with whatever you feel like. I think you did an alright save for the mix-up - allowing for multiple role possibilities to help mafia, while giving the town a free IC (which made the game really difficult for mafia). I don't think you need a re-deal (plus, a re-deal would likely overlap with your january game by this point).
Major Marashu

Postby Streaker on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Busy week. Decision on monday.
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby Streaker on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:00 am

Ok here goes...

First, it was impossible to get a mafia roleblocker as dakky stated at some point. There were definitions to which faction could possible get what roles. No mixup there.

Second, I stated that cop and bodyguard would be a given to town. This was, in fact, something I changed in the original setup, so my screwup made the game as how it is supposed to be played. The biggest worry here is that mafia got cheaten out of a safeclaim. This is the single biggest issue. Balance was fine.

After rereading, I don't feel the safeclaim would have had the biggest impact, and therefore feel the game should not be redone.

All in all, the most unfortunate part in this whole game is bosaardbeitje. She went crazy in this game (literally), and now thinks this was all a scam to bully her. Read the mafia chat if you like.

Mafia: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/LbhJ4WndJarD
Dead: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/QNyvUrYp7i6

IF there are objections to not replaying the game, please post them here within 48 hours.
If there are no objections, I feel the prize goes to Marashu. Rose got caught out, and bosaardbeitje dissapeared at the end. Epitaph would not want to have it (I'm sure, Epi tell me if this is not true plz ^^).
If there are objections to this, I will put up a poll.

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby ptlowe on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:34 am

Thanks for the game streaker
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Re: [OFFICIAL] Stack the Deck mafia (12/12) D1: The Stacked

Postby Marashu on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:06 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
madmitch wrote:@ End I don't understand your vote unless you are trying to get a result from TWR. also you yourself have not made any clear posts ,so you should vote for your self

The White Rose tends to post as often as you do. Now look at how many times you have posted in this game and how many time White Rose has posted. Somethings up, and End is just wanting to know what that is.

Right now after rereading this game I side with IB against Boss. Thats a ridiculous OMGUS defence for so little pressure. IB asked a simple question.

There is something else thats important to D1 this game. Mafia had a N0 so knew when the game was going to start properly. The first three posts were Boss, Mars and Myself. Boss and Mars both posted within 30 mins of Streaker. Now I was willing to give Boss benefit of the doubt as I know posting at 07:00 CC time is normal for her as she is European. However, Mars is American so this is rather odd. Moreover, by the fact that Mars was stalking the mafia forum throughout the previous weekend, odd behaviour for someone not in a game.

Now this is all conjecture and could just be coincidence, so is just the reason why I was looking at Mars.

However, I am always suspicious of jokevotes on players known to get overly defensive to slight pressure. I'd put Tim in this category.

And after posting that my gut says that Mars is scum, he attempts to post a proper read on the game. There is barely anything to read so why post that then? It seemed like a reaction to me.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Also, I feel like this post deserves mention, in which Wing pretty much nails all 3 mafia at the tail end of joke voting. I was blown away when you first posted it.
Major Marashu

Re: [OFFICIAL] Stack the Deck mafia (4/12)Endgame: MAFIA WIN

Postby Epitaph1 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:34 am

I want the MVP dammit!
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Re: [OFFICIAL] Stack the Deck mafia (4/12)Endgame: MAFIA WIN

Postby Streaker on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:50 am

Epitaph1 wrote:I want the MVP dammit!

Well you deserve something for reading it all through :lol:

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Re: [OFFICIAL] Stack the Deck mafia (12/12) D1: The Stacked

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:52 am

Marashu wrote:Also, I feel like this post deserves mention, in which Wing pretty much nails all 3 mafia at the tail end of joke voting. I was blown away when you first posted it.

I was nailing mafia all game, I just couldnt eloquent my gut feelings into an actual case. I cannot be disappointed that nobody followed a case just because I said so.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives