Conquer Club

One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Town wins!

Postby HotShot53 on Sat May 07, 2016 9:16 am

Since people seemed to enjoy the first game of this, I'll host round 2 now. Same as last time, so will be easy to cut and paste everything for me lol.

For those unfamiliar with this, it's sort of like mafia, with the following differences:

The game starts with the night phase, and it is the only night phase. The werewolves (scum) do not kill anyone, and there is only one lynch. There is no night talk of any sort, the werewolves (and masons, if any) only know who each other is, they don't talk in private. If a werewolf is lynched, then town wins. If a town is lynched, then the werewolves win. If the tanner is lynched, then the tanner wins and everyone else loses (like the jester we always hear about on here but never see).

Some of the roles will get moved around during the night phase, so the role you went to sleep as may not be the role you actually are at the end. You win or lose with your final role, so if you started out as the robber, but took the werewolf from someone, you are now a werewolf and win with the werewolves. You don't know who changed what cards, so you won't know for sure who you actually are until the game ends.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1136 ... ator-cards

That is a link to a download of all the cards with actions in One night ultimate werewolf, with the daybreak expansion. As an example, in round 1 we had 8 players, so 11 roles. There are always 3 more roles than players, so you know the possible roles, but don't know which exactly are being used that game (and some roles let you look in the center to see what isn't being used, etc). The roles we used were: 2 werewolves, minion, seer, robber, witch, troublemaker, insomniac, 2 villagers, and tanner.

8 people worked in the first game, so we can use that again, or around that number.

The first night phase will last until everyone gets in their actions/confirms, and then the day will last for 7 days. The day can end sooner if a majority of players calls for a vote. The vote is done simultaneously at the end of the day, so votes will be PM'd to me rather than being posted in the thread (this allows for a possibility of someone saying they are going to vote for someone, but then when the vote actually happens they vote for someone else, but no-one else can change their vote because of it).

If there are any questions, or if I left out something important, let me know!

Players -

1. BuJaber
2. madmitch
3. DoomYoshi
4. Falkomagno
5. dakky21
6. Ragian
7. Iron Butterfly
8. Marashu

Reserves -
Last edited by HotShot53 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:04 am, edited 10 times in total.
Major HotShot53

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - 0 of 8+

Postby BuJaber on Sat May 07, 2016 11:15 am

In please
Major BuJaber

Postby madmitch on Sat May 07, 2016 11:45 am

in please
Cadet madmitch

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun May 08, 2016 8:41 am

I will play again.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Signups open - 3 o

Postby Falkomagno on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:45 am

In please!
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Signups open - 3 o

Postby dakky21 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:20 am

I'll play as well.
Captain dakky21

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Signups open - 5 o

Postby Ragian on Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:57 am

I'll try this.
Captain Ragian

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Signups open - 6 o

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:17 pm

yeh like rags said. Seems different. Im in

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Signups open - 6 o

Postby dakky21 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Only Wing more and we're ready to go...
Captain dakky21

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Signups open - 7 o

Postby Marashu on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:58 pm

So you don't know if your role has changed after N1? And the vote is plurality? What if there's a tie for the vote? We get to know the list of roles?

This game's been waiting for 2 months now. I'll sign up. Sounds strange. Also, since apparently the new meta (according to Mitch) is to look for clues in the sign-up posts, voicing right now that I'm town, so don't lynch me. ;)
Captain Marashu

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Signups open - 7 o

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:25 am

Marashu wrote:So you don't know if your role has changed after N1? And the vote is plurality? What if there's a tie for the vote? We get to know the list of roles?

This game's been waiting for 2 months now. I'll sign up. Sounds strange. Also, since apparently the new meta (according to Mitch) is to look for clues in the sign-up posts, voicing right now that I'm town, so don't lynch me. ;)

Yes, Yes, and if it's a tie both get lynched... if either one is a werewolf town wins. And yes.

viewtopic.php?f=610&t=217199 is the first time I ran it, it's a relatively short thread so might be worth reading to get an idea of how things are different from normal mafia.

Since now people are signing up since there are no other mafia games open right now, I'll give this another day or so before closing signups and getting it started.
Major HotShot53

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Signups open - 8 o

Postby dakky21 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Are we going to go with this? 3 days passed.
Captain dakky21

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:11 am

Yeah, I had a busy weekend... I'll get it started later today
Major HotShot53

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:17 pm

I am now sending out the roles. Because this is an open information game, I will post the PM's I will send below, in the order that their actions will be resolved. 8 of them will go to players, and the other 3 will be in the "center" and not currently used. After everyone has responded that they have received their PM's I will open the day phase.

You are the Tanner. You hate your job so much that you want to be lynched. You have no alignment. You will win only if you are lynched, and lose if anyone else is lynched. Note that if your role/alignment is changed during the night, you will win with your new alignment instead. Please confirm by replying to this message. Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.

x2 - . You are a Werewolf. (_______ is the other Werewolf.) or (There is no other Werewolf, so you may pick a card from the center to look at. Pick role 1, 2 or 3 to look at.) Your current alignment is with the werewolves. You will win if a town member or the minion is lynched day 1, and lose if a werewolf or the tanner is lynched. Note that if your role/alignment is changed during the night, you will win with your new alignment instead. Please confirm by replying to this message (with your action). Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.

You are a Minion. _____ and ______ are the Werewolves. Your current alignment is with the werewolves. You will win if a town member or you are lynched day 1, and lose if a werewolf or the tanner is lynched. Note that if your role/alignment is changed during the night, you will win with your new alignment instead. Please confirm by replying to this message. Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.

x2 - You are a Villager. You have no action. Your current alignment is with town. You will win if a werewolf is lynched day 1, and lose if anyone else is lynched. Note that if your role/alignment is changed during the night, you will win with your new alignment instead. Please confirm by replying to this message. Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.

You are the Seer. You can look at 1 player's role/alignment, or look at 2 roles from the 3 unclaimed roles. Who do you want to look at? Your current alignment is with town. You will win if a werewolf is lynched day 1, and lose if anyone else is lynched. Note that if your role/alignment is changed during the night, you will win with your new alignment instead. Please confirm by replying to this message with your action. Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.

You are the Witch. You can look at 1 role/alignment from the center, pick role 1, 2 or 3. Which do you want to look at? After I tell you what the card is, you may take it for yourself or give it to any other player, although any action that goes with the new card will not be performed. Your current alignment is with town. You will win if a werewolf is lynched day 1, and lose if anyone else is lynched. Note that if your role/alignment is changed during the night, you will win with your new alignment instead. Please confirm by replying to this message with your action. Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.

You are the Robber. You may switch your role/alignment with another player without them knowing. I will tell you what your new role/alignment is, although you will not get their action if they have one. Who do you want to switch with? Your current alignment is with town. You will win if a werewolf is lynched day 1, and lose if anyone else is lynched. Note that if your role/alignment is changed during the night, you will win with your new alignment instead. Please confirm by replying to this message with your action. Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.

You are the Troublemaker. You can switch 2 players roles/alignments without them knowing. You will also not know what the roles/alignments you switched were. Who do you want to switch? Your current alignment is with town. You will win if a werewolf is lynched day 1, and lose if anyone else is lynched. Note that if your role/alignment is changed during the night, you will win with your new alignment instead. Please confirm by replying to this message with your action. Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.

You are the Insomniac. You have no action, however after all the roles are submitted I will tell you if your role/alignment was changed during the night and who you now are. Your current alignment is with town. You will win if a werewolf is lynched day 1, and lose if anyone else is lynched. Note that if your role/alignment is changed during the night, you will win with your new alignment instead. Please confirm by replying to this message. Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.
Major HotShot53

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Night phase

Postby madmitch on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:04 pm

confirm =D>
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:53 am

Confirm.
Captain Ragian

Postby Falkomagno on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:48 am

Confirmao
Sergeant Falkomagno

Postby Marashu on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:05 am

Confirmination.
Captain Marashu

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:16 pm

confirm
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dakky21 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:20 pm

HotShot53 wrote:Please confirm by replying to this message. Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.

Every single role states this... so I don't see a point in confirming by replying to the mod AND here.... you people not reading or what :twisted:
Captain dakky21

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:43 pm

dakky21 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:Please confirm by replying to this message. Once everyone has responded I will open the day in the thread.

Every single role states this... so I don't see a point in confirming by replying to the mod AND here.... you people not reading or what :twisted:

who got a role PM?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dakky21 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:03 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
dakky21 wrote:

who got a role PM?

Obviously you as well as you confirmed. But all the role PM's are up and all state the same so what's the point of confirming twice...?
Captain dakky21

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Day phase

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:07 pm

Welcome to town! You have discovered that werewolves have begun to infiltrate your town, and if you don't stop them immediately they will take over. Town must lynch a werewolf today to win. The werewolves and minion must have a town member or the minion lynched to win. The Tanner must be lynched himself to win. There is only one day, so there will be only one lynch.

Remember that your allegiance is whatever role you have ended up with, not the role you started with. So part of the challenge is figuring out yourself if you have changed allegiances or not.

Day will last for 1 week, ending at 23:59 CCT next Wednesday, July 20. At that point, everyone will PM to me their vote, so that the votes are counted simultaneously and who one person votes for doesn't influence anyone else's vote. You are allowed to say in the thread that you are going to vote for one person, but in the PM vote for someone different. If a majority (5 people) request that the day be ended early, the day will end and the vote will be held at that point.

The person with the most votes will be lynched, so it is a plurality lynch. If two people are tied with the most votes, then they both are lynched. In that case, if either of those lynched is a werewolf, the town wins.
Major HotShot53

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Just some suggestions from when I have played this live, that are different from how mafia is usually played.

There is no scum day or night talk, since there is no kill that has to be agreed on.

Usually, at some point during the day everyone has claimed. There is no night, so revealing who you are will not get you shot, and you have to figure out who the scum are with your first lynch so there is no Day 1 random lynch just for the fun of it.

"Lynch all liars" does not usually apply. In fact, when I play this with my gaming group, usually at least 1-2 town lie each time, claiming roles such as troublemaker and say they switched people around, to try to get a werewolf to admit he "used" to be a werewolf, and then the fake troublemaker recants his claim and everyone now knows who one of the werewolves is. Of course if a werewolf really is switched with a town, the former werewolf would want to claim and lynch the new werewolf, as they now win with town. Werewolves can do fake claims also, or the tanner could have claimed to be a werewolf, so there are no guarantees of course.

In general, this is mostly a game of figuring out what happened, who has which roles by the end, so you can figure out which part doesn't fit and who the werewolves are. Good luck to all!
Major HotShot53

Postby Falkomagno on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:37 am

vote dakky for his comment
Sergeant Falkomagno

Next

Return to Mafia Archives