D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Quirk on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 pm

I would rather not be ambushed by these bastards up the road.


Cheezus takes a shot at the nearest kobold and continues moving at normal speed.
Image
"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
User avatar
Captain Quirk
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:09 pm

I'll move up and fire a force orb at one of the kobold's around Gregor.

(Draconic) Away from here you who remain, consider yourselves to have your lives spared!
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Jace22 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:50 am

Maximus takes 1 shot at the kobold in front of him before walking back to the wagon
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby slowreactor on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:54 pm

Well, since the enemies are fleeing, then might as well use unbalancing shot on the fleeing Kobolds.
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:47 pm

DM wrote:As Cackle moves in to take out another target, Cheezus moves up and fires a shot from his Elven Longbow...

[Cheezus +6-2=+4 vs Kobold AC 13:ROLL 11+4=13 HIT/Damage 1d10+4=6]
DM wrote:Cheezus unleashes an arrow from his bow and it just glances off the boulder and strikes a kobold in the forehead as he was peering over for another sneak attack on the company.

Gregor lies on the ground as two kobolds prepare to retreat from the battlefield, one Kobold pulls out a small dagger and looks like it is about to put Gregor out for good when he suddenly stops when it hears a voice speaking a language it can understand.

"Away from here you who remain, consider yourselves to have your lives spared!" calls out the Half-Elf Wizard, as Firnam takes another shot at one of the Kobolds that has begun to run away. He levels his hand crossbow at the Kobold who was shooting another hand crossbow earlier. Now that the creature is retreating, Firnam finds he has advantage in attacking the little beast.


[Firnam Unbalancing Shot +6 (+2 combat advantage) vs Kobold AC 13=Roll 13 HIT/Damage 2d6+4 (2d6 Sneak Attack)=16 HP Damage ]

DM wrote:The little Kobold is shot directly through the throat as he starts to run away. It gurgles and spits blood and finally falls down face first onto the ground. It is dead with its crossbow by its side.

As two Kobolds retreat from Gregor (who is helpless on the ground and near death) on of them pulls out a dagger and is about to stab Gregor while he lays defeated.

Alastair sees the danger and immediately waves his wizard's wand and begins a chant.

Suddenly, a bluish orb shoots from his wand...


[Alastair's Force Orb spell +4+2 vs Kobold 15: ROLL 15 HIT/Damage 2d8+4=11 HP damage]

DM wrote:The small scaly creature is about to slice Gregor's throat when it is hit by the bluish orb that Alastair fired from his wand. The little Kobold is blown high into the air and smacks the ground with a thud. It lies in a quivering mass of bloodied flesh and broken bones.

Maximus swings his two handed sword at a Kobold he is trying to runaway...


[Maximus Basic Attack Great Sword +8+2 vs Kobold AC15=ROLL 13 Miss]

DM wrote:Maximus' mighty swing catches nothing but air as the Kobold moves away in all haste.

From out of the Bushes, Cackle springs upon a Kobold that was throwing spears at Gregor. Cackle lunges at the Kobold with his short sword and runs it through. A gasp of air leaves the Kobold's lungs as Cackle twists the blade to do maximum damage. The Kobold falls to the ground...lifeless. Cackle quickly checks its body for treasure


[From the bodies of the dead, the company recovers a total of 20 Copper Pieces, 3 Kobold sized javelins, 4 daggers, 2 Slings, 1 Hand Crossbow, and 4 clay pots. Two Pots have Stinky Stuff while the other two pots have Sticky Goo. You can all split this items up as you see fit. ]

[Ok, the Kobolds have all ran away from the Battle. Each Player receives 100 XP at this point, and your party can either rest a few minutes and take healing surges, or they can rest for six hours and restore all powers and HP. Up to you guys.]
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Quirk on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Cheezus gives Gregor first aid before we rest.

Curse the vile scum that did this to you. As a servant of Melora, whenever evil-doers halt my progress they impede her will.
Image
"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
User avatar
Captain Quirk
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby slowreactor on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:43 am

I'll take 1 of the daggers just so I have more than 1 just in case, and, if no one else is handy with the other hand crossbow, I'll take that as well.
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:56 am

Quirk wrote:Cheezus gives Gregor first aid before we rest.

Curse the vile scum that did this to you. As a servant of Melora, whenever evil-doers halt my progress they impede her will.


DM wrote:As Gregor the Half-Orc lies beaten on the ground, Cheezus runs to his side. The Elven Cleric pulls up some nearby moss and forest herbs and quickly ties them to the Gregor's wounds. When he is finished, he holds a silver holy symbol that looks like an Oak Leaf and begins to say a prayer in Elven.

Firnam speaks to Alastair,"You know I understand some Elven, I am not perfect at it, but I learned it on the streets. I had a Half-Elf friend just like you and we used to steal bread from the market. He taught me to speak Elven so that we could speak openly and not worry about anyone to over hear us."

"What ever happened to your friend?"Alastair asks.

"We were stealing some food from the market, as usual, and he was caught. I ran away, but my friend was still trying to break free of the merchant's grasp. When my friend stomped on the Merchant's foot to get away, the Merchant clubbed him in the back of the head as he was trying to flee to safety...that was the end of my friend,"Firnam fights to hold back tears,"and that will be the end of that Merchant someday!"

In the background the party can hear the haunting voice of Gorlan the Bard as he sings of the company's exploits of the day. A sense of calm falls over the party and they begin to have their spirits lifted to carry on to Baskin's Bay.

Mr.Urlag has now hooked the horses back up to the wagon and Maximus has lifted the wagon out of the Kobold's ambush pit.

"Well, she's ready to go."Mr.Urlag tells the crew.

Then everyone is interrupted by the sound of a moan. Gregor is beginning to sit up, it seems he is recouping from his wounds.

"What happened to Gregor?"Gregor asks in his familiar Half-Orc accent.

"You have been down awhile, friend. You killed many of the little lizard thingies, but your friends were unable to get to you in time before you were brought down."Alastair replies to Gregor's question.


[Any characters that are spending healing surges during this rest can also add +4 HP for Gorlan's Song Of Rest. Gregor is restored fully by taking a few healing surges and Cheezus' first aid has stabilized him from slipping any further towards Death's Door. Your party has taken a short rest and can use any encounter powers again if needed, however, any Daily Powers that have been used can't be used again until you rest at least six hours.

Your journey picks up again and you head towards Baskin's Bay to find Sheyla's father.

I will roll three times to see if you will have anymore encounters:Nope, Nope, and Nope.
]

DM wrote:The party travels the rest of the day without incident.

"We must have scared off all the Kobolds in Nyördand today!"Gorlan jests to his mates.

"Well, scaring off Kobolds is easier than scaring off the King's Guard!"Mr.Urlag turns his head back towards the company sitting in the back of the wagon. Mr.Urlag points ahead at some figures riding horse towards them and says,"Look!"

Each guard is well armored in chain mail and carry Halberds with Herald Banners marked white and gold with the symbol of a silver gauntlet in the center field. It is the crest of King Fyrsdane.

Image

"Halt! What is your business here,"the lead guard says as he inspects each individual closely.

"On our way to Baskin's, a friend of ours was kidnapped by Githarian bounty hunters and we believe they are leaving the bay back to Githar as we speak."Mr.Urlag tells the guard.

"I see, and what happened to this....Half-Orc?"the guard asks with a visible sneer of disdain.

"He fought bravely trying to save me an his friends form a band of Kobold bandits, you snide dog! He has done much more for your so-called kingdom than what you have done this day! Isn't it YOUR job to keep the highways safe?"Sheyla scolds the guard.

"My job is of no concern to a cart full of rabble from Winterhaven. We are here to make sure that there will be no trouble in Baskin's Bay. If what your driver says is true, then it is the duty of the Fyrsdane Guard to investigate and bring such perpetrators to justice. And if indeed these are Githarian's as you claim, then that would bring Fyrsdane closer to war with that Wytch Emperor---Kannith! Now, what weapons do you all have? We must make sure Baskin's Bay is kept safe...you each will have to pay the King one silver piece for each dagger, knife, or small blade; and you must pay one gold for each sword or larger blade, plus any bows or crossbows will also cost you one gold to carry into the Bay. After payment is made to us, you will each get a letter of permittance. If you fail to pay each and every copper that we ask, your weapons will remain forfeit and you may either turn them over to us now, or turn around and head back to Winterhaven. Now what will it be?"
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:59 am

slowreactor wrote:I'll take 1 of the daggers just so I have more than 1 just in case, and, if no one else is handy with the other hand crossbow, I'll take that as well.


DM wrote:Firnam picks up a dagger from a Kobold and sticks it in his boot, he then picks up the hand crossbow and inspects it. He puts the extra crossbow and bolts into his pack and regroups with the party.


[Make sure to read the post above this one, your party is now being asked to pay entrance fees into the city of Baskin's Bay.]
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Jace22 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 am

Maximus will pay the 1 gp fee for his greatsword, just to avoid unneeded conflict
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:54 am

I'll take 1 clay pot of the stinky stuff and 1 of the sticky goo. I also will pay the toll for my weapons.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Quirk on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:56 pm

Cheezus collects arrows before we leave.
He will pay the fee.
Image
"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
User avatar
Captain Quirk
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby slowreactor on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:48 pm

If any of Firnam's weapons can he well-hidden (esp. daggers) then he will hide them to avoid paying the fee. Any weapons that can't be well-hidden, he will pay for.
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:11 am

slowreactor wrote:If any of Firnam's weapons can he well-hidden (esp. daggers) then he will hide them to avoid paying the fee. Any weapons that can't be well-hidden, he will pay for.


[Firnam uses his Bluff Skill Check +8 vs Guard Perception:Roll 15 vs Roll 10...Success]

DM wrote:Firnam pays for his crossbows, but he is able to hide his other smaller weapons. The King's Guard is completely oblivious to Firnam's schemes.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby slowreactor on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:29 am

so who are we waiting for at this point?
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:13 am

ME? I pay.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby jrl332005 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:09 am

I am now playing as Gregor. I just need some more info from CreepersWiener about my character's stats and abilities.
User avatar
Private 1st Class jrl332005
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: PA, United States
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:31 pm

jrl332005 wrote:I am now playing as Gregor. I just need some more info from CreepersWiener about my character's stats and abilities.


Sorry for the delay, my brother was leaving for Hawaii last week. Needed to spend time with him. Anyway, here is Gregor's Character Sheet. He is a Half-Orc Fighter/Barbarian. Once per day he can use his Barbarian Fury to cause +2 damage until the end of the encounter (I had to hand write the power on your character sheet, it didn't print out for some reason).

Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:17 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:ME? I pay.

DM wrote:As Gorlan the Bard puffs a little too loudly under his breath, the sergeant of the guard pulls his horse close to Gorlan's side of the wagon. He looks Gorlan squarely in the eye with a visage of determination and with a downward, stern-looking, furled brow proceeds to speak in a calm tone.

"Yes, pay. You may do so and enter the Bay or you may turn around and head back the way you have come. Is there a problem with that?"

It is now that Gorlan flashes a friendly smile and begins to spin a tale of his exploits and how it is his friends came to be here at the gates of Baskin's Bay. The bard's tongue is quick and the entire guard listens with complete intrigue, Gorlan even throws in a few compliments to the guards for doing their duty and brags about his noble lineage, of which a few of the guards now begin to recognize him from the tall tales that have been spun through out the kingdom of Fyrsdane. Gorlan's tongue is long as well as quick and the captain notices the noble sword at the bard's side.


[Gorlan Bluff Check +9 vs Sergeant of the Guard's Perception Check +0=Roll 11 vs 1 SUCCESS]

DM wrote:"Yes, I did not know it was the company of Gorlan the Dragon Smiter. I have heard of you for a few years now, it has been said you have killed a red dragon in the hills of Norule and kept its pestilence from the northern borders of Fyrsdane. I recognize you from your sword, that is the sword of a noble and you need no more harassment from the Fyrsdane guard. Welcome to Baskin's Bay, Gorlan. And may I recommend that you go straight away to the Inn of the Host. Give them this token and all will be paid tonight for your evenings rest."

The Sergeant gives Gorlan a square wooden token with a carved figure of a dragon on it.

"Also, your friends may proceed with you, each may keep their weapons; but their actions in the Bay will be your responsibility, and the King's Guard will deal harshly for any insolence."


[Nobody has to pay for their weapons as Gorlan has bluffed his way into the city. You may all thank Gorlan for saving you a gold piece or two.]

DM wrote:As you all enter the city, you are stunned by the vastness of its sprawl. The Bay accentuates the horizon line as every flock of every vessel in the world sits at port as merchants, sailors, and pirates mingle and restock their wares for their journeys to unknown lands. Their are small children running around and are begging for a little money. The sight of the little ones brings back orphaned memories to Firnam, as he recollects his times growing up in the streets of Winterhaven with no roof over his head and scrounging for small morsels of food from the gutters. He was helped out by a Half-Elven friend who showed him not only the art of stealing, but the art of being unseen in the shadows. Unfortunately, his friend was killed by a merchant in the food courts of Winterhaven, all for stealing a loaf of bread. Firnam still is angered over that incident, and wishes he could find that merchant and exact a little revenge.

"Well, I wonder if we should start asking anyone if they have seen my father or that Wytch Runner that has stolen my father's book?" Sheyla asks the company.

At that moment, Firnam feels a small hand reaching into the wagon. It seems one of the children of the street is trying to steal his purse...
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:20 pm

DM wrote:As Mr.Urlag's wagon makes its way through the city streets, a man dressed in the clothes of nobility trots by through the crowds. He is wearing red and yellow clothing and sports a well groomed brownish beard. He sports a longsword on his side and is wearing a number of rings with gemstones of every color. He also has a satchel on the side of his horse, what it has in it is left to a thief's imagination. Of course, Cackle can imagine quite a lot and gives in to the temptation.

As the Noble Gentleman passes close by to the wagon, Cackle quickly uses his short sword to open the man's satchel and try to pick out whatever is inside without being noticed. The man seems oblivious to his surroundings and nobody (including the members of his party) is paying any attention to his actions.

With ease Cackle unstraps the satchel bag and quickly dips his sword in. He feels something hard and metallic and gets the flat of his blade under it and begins to whisk the object out of the bag...


[Cackles Thievery Skill +13 vs Difficulty Class 25: Roll 11+13=24 FAIL but Target does not notice]

DM wrote:As Cackle begins to fish out a beautiful gold and ruby necklace, Mr.Urlag's wagon hits a bump in the road and the necklace falls to the street. Immediately a little street kid scoops it up and runs away through the crowd.

"Well, I see that a tiger is true to his stripes."Sheyla says as she just happened to catch a glimpse of Cackle's actions. "You are lucky that man didn't notice what you were doing, or you could have landed us all into a jail cell instead of enjoying the comforts of an inn this evening."

Cackle smiles incredulously and wiggles his head side to side in taunting disapproval towards Sheyla's comment.

Meanwhile, Firnam has grasped the little hand that has just about stolen his life savings.

The child is wearing peasant clothes and a peasant style hat. His face and hands are dirty from living in the streets and he smells like he hasn't bathed...ever.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:38 am

I ask the child's name, in a reassuring manner.
I state mine.
I add: Yes, that Gorlan.
I tell the child (while looking hard at Cackle) a tale about the dreadful consequences of thievery, not only if you get caught. But how it scars your very soul.And how it can really get your best friends into trouble, so much trouble that sometimes they might even have to tell on you rather than cover for your crimes. Just not this time.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:44 am

jonesthecurl wrote:I ask the child's name, in a reassuring manner.
I state mine.
I add: Yes, that Gorlan.
I tell the child (while looking hard at Cackle) a tale about the dreadful consequences of thievery, not only if you get caught. But how it scars your very soul.And how it can really get your best friends into trouble, so much trouble that sometimes they might even have to tell on you rather than cover for your crimes. Just not this time.


DM wrote:The child looks up at Gorlan as Firnam pulls him into the cart.

"My name is Jet, I'm just looking for some food. Please don't turn me into the guard..." he begs Gorlan.

"Well, Jet," Sheyla speaks softly,"perhaps you can help us?"

"Help you? How can I help you?"

Sheyla pulls out a silver piece and holds it up with two fingers and twirls it back and forth making it gleam in the sunlight. The boys brown eyes become as large as saucers as his jaw begins to drop.

"How many friends you got?" Sheyla asks Jet.

Jet puts his thumb and forefinger in his mouth and let's out a whistle. From every alleyway and from behind every barrel, street children gather around Mr.Urlag's cart. Gorlan counts and there are eleven orphans that have approached. Mostly are boys, but there are a few little girls...one is even holding a dirty beat up doll.

"Are these enough for ya, lady?"Jet asks Sheyla.

"Why, yes...I think that will do,"Sheyla begins to ask all the children if they have seen her father or the Wytch Runner. The children all huddle together and whisper, there is a long pause.

Then Jet comes out of the huddle of street kids and says to Sheyla,"We think we've seen your Pops. They came into the Bay yesterday and made straight away for a ship. The ship has already left port, but that is all we know for sure. As for the Dark Dragon man...none of us have seen him. We would know if we did. Sorry 'bout your Pops, lady...can we have our money now?"

Sheyla hands each child a silver piece and each child disappears back into the crowds of the street, but as Jet turns to leave with his silver piece, Sheyla grabs him by the shoulder and says,"And this is for you, Jet...thank you very much." Sheyla gives Jet a gold piece and then kisses him on the cheek. "Now, go find something to eat with your friends, and for the sake of the Stars, get yourself a hot bath!" Sheyla pats Jet on the behind as he leaves Mr.Urlag's wagon.

Mr.Urlag speaks up,"Well, if the bounty hunters have a full days start at sea, we will have a tough time catching up. It all depends on what type of ship he is on. If it is a Luskan Slaver Ship, they are not very fast, there is a good chance we may catch up with it; but first we would have to find ourselves a captain and a ship to undergo the task. Any thoughts?"

Sheyla says,"I know my father is important to me, but that book was so important to him. He always told me that if anything should happen to him to go after the artifact no matter what. The sake of the people of both Githar and Tabor depend on it. The people must be FREED!" Sheyla begins to tear up, but holds herself resolute with pride.

"Very well, Sheyla,"Mr.Urlag says. "The best thing for us to do is to split up the party. Tonight we will rest at the Inn Of The Host, and in the morning half of us will go to the Harbor and requisition a small ship. If we can find one with a good captain, we may still have a chance, even though we would be two days behind. Githar is about a weeks journey from Baskin's Bay."

Gorlan's eyes light up as he remembers an old Sea Dwarf named Rothryn Anvil Heart. In Gorlan's youth, he used to help out on the deck of the old dwarf's ship--SeaAxe. Rothryn only gave commands in his native Dwarven tongue, so Gorlan needed to pick up a bit of the language, as did the rest of the crew. Gorlan relates this information to the rest of the company and they decide to head to the Inn for the evening and decide on who is going where.

[Alright, you guys are retiring for the evening. You need to decide who is going where. The company will be split as one part of the company keeps searching for the artifact that will free the magic users of Githar, while the other half will chase after the ship that is carrying Sheyla's father, Givran Darkwatcher.

Mr.Urlag has decided to go after Sheyla's father, while Sheyla has decided to retrieve the artifact.

Who wants to go where? As much as Sheyla hates it, Cackle has to go with her, because he has a photographic memory and has most of her father's book inside his head.
]
Last edited by CreepersWiener on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:59 am

Ok Gorlan fancies a boat trip.
He asks his friend the half-orc if he'd like to come along. There will likely be skulls to break.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby jrl332005 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 am

Gregor want to take boat with Gorlan. Me get to hurt slave-catchers.
User avatar
Private 1st Class jrl332005
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: PA, United States
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:49 pm

I'll go hunt the Artifact.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login