D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:15 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Point of Order, what happened to that big muscled thug that worked for Cackle? Will he be accompanying Cackle?


Oh yeah, forgot about old Brem the Thug...of course, Brem will go with Cackle...Cackle wouldn't have it any other way (unless, of course, if someone can change Bremm's mind into going along on the Ship instead?).

So here is how the company is split:

SHIP-Gorlan, Mr.Urlag, Firnam, Gregor

ARTIFACT-Sheyla,Cackle, Brem, Cheezus, Alastair, Maximus
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:27 pm

DM wrote:The party retired for the evening and are resting comfortably. It has been a while for the companions to enjoy a restful evening. The night is clear and quiet and the only sound is of an owl just outside the window.

Then, suddenly, the owl stops hooing, and there is a sharp rap on the window of the inn.

Then, another...is that a rock being thrown at the window?
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Alastair rises, casts Light and moves to the window.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby jrl332005 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Gregor awakens, but stays still in bed in case it is nothing.
User avatar
Private 1st Class jrl332005
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: PA, United States
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:32 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Alastair rises, casts Light and moves to the window.

DM wrote:Alastair the Wizard awakens and immediately waves his hand and a magical bright light appears in the room. Alastair moves towards the window and peers outside to see who or what is throwing rocks at the window.

Outside, Alastair sees the young boy that was trying to steal Firnam's gold purse earlier during the day.

"Hmm, I wonder what this young lad wants?"Alastair asks himself.

Alastair opens the window and calls down to the boy,"Jett! Do you know what time it is?"

"It's most likely a few hours before sunrise, good Wizard."Jett replies quietly. "I have some news for Sheyla. Is she there?"

Alastair quickly awakens Sheyla and tells her of the boy at the window. Sheyla peers out the window at Jett and says,"What news do you have, Jett?"

"The Dark Dragon man you are looking for has been spotted going off into the forests of Fyrsdane. Rumor has it he is heading towards Norule Keep...but he is alone."

Sheyla quickly awakens the rest of the company,"Thank you, Jett! Here is a little something to help you for the day!" Sheyla flips him another gold piece.

"Thanks, Sheyla!"Jett replies,"I will make sure that I can help you in anyway that I can!"

And then Jett tries to disappear back into the shadows of the city only to be grasped by Kurt Velhoff the Fyrsdane Guard Sergeant. Kurt grabs the young boy harshly by the arm.

"Well, well, well...what do we have here? A little thief?"

"Let me go!" Jett screams at the Sergeant.

"Oh, I will, little one. You have given our adventuring party information enough i think." Kurt quickly motions to a small company of guards and gives them orders,"Go out into the forest, and catch this DARK DRAGON!"

"Do not hurt him!" Sheyla yells down at the Sergeant.

"Oh, I would not think of it, My Lady,"and Kurt lets go of the boys arm and Jett runs away back into the shadows of the city. "Now, if your party doesn't mind, perhaps we should be on our way this morning and find if we can capture this Dark Dragon fellow and make our way to Norule Keep? What say you?"
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby slowreactor on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 am

Firnam calls for the boy to wait a moment, then talks to him, trying to relate to him with his past experience on the streets, hoping to get any more useful information for the trip ahead.
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Alastair is ready to go.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Jace22 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 pm

same with Maximus
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:51 pm

DM wrote:As the street child runs away, Firnam hurries down the stairs after him. Meanwhile, the rest of the group seems to be alright with the company of the Sergeant and his men, except for Cackle who doesn't particularly like authority.

As the Sergeant asks for compliance from the adventurers, Cackle can't help himself to pull out a sling stone and throw it at the Sergeant's head.


[Cackle Sling Attack +7 vs Sergeant's AC 17 = ROLL 13 MISS]
DM wrote:Cackle's sling stone just falls short of hitting the Sergeant and a small cloud of dust puffs up in front of his soldier's boots.

"Well...is that your answer? You do understand that any attack on me will warrant an immediate issuance for your heads?"the Sergeant says with a heavy glare.

Sheyla turns around and slaps Cackle in the face,"What in the 9 Gates of Baator do you think you are doing? You are risking putting us all into the hangman's noose! We need all the help we can get on this quest...do you understand?"

Cackle remains silent...Shelya asks again,"Do you understand?"

This time Maximus steps up and stares at Cackle,"Well, thief? If you would like, we could hand you over to the guards right now...only after I rip off both your arms!"

The Sergeant remains upset over the apparent attack, and is debating on whether or not he should have the whole lot arrested and executed for insolence against the King's Guard.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DM wrote:Firnam catches up to Jett in an alley. He is a bit out of breath, as the boy is quicker than he thought.

"Wait! Jett, Wait!"Firnam calls to the child.

Jett stops and listens to what Firnam has to say.

"Have you seen anything else, Jett that we should know about?"Firnam asks the street child.

"All I know is that we have seen the Dark Dragon heading off into the forest alone, I can take you to the exact spot that I seen him leave the city if you want?"
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby slowreactor on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 am

Firnam takes a quick look back, and decides to go with the child. This is crucial information and cannot be passed by that easily.


BTW I'm going out of town later today, and I won't be back until Tuesday night, so please just put me on auto until then. Thanks :)
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:56 am

"Sorry sir, Cackle here just seems to be a bit rough around the edges. We'll make sure he's on his best behavior from now on."
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:10 pm

safariguy5 wrote:"Sorry sir, Cackle here just seems to be a bit rough around the edges. We'll make sure he's on his best behavior from now on."

[Alastair Diplomacy +7 vs Sergeant's DC 20=ROLL 24 SUCCESS]
DM wrote:Alastair the Wizard talks with the Sergeant of the Guard and reassures him that all things are under control. The wizard's diplomatic skills are good enough to convince the Sergeant members of the party can be quite irritable when awoken this early in the morning and not to take any offense to objections, after all, Alastair reiterates that the Sergeant was never hit by Cackle's rock and that it was all just for show and nothing more.

The Sergeant listens to the wizard and decides to let it all blow over, although the Sergeant will keep a watchful eye on Cackle from now on just to make sure there is no more trouble.

Meanwhile, Firnam has found the area in which Dark Dragon has fled into the forest, most probably he is heading towards Norule Keep with the Warlock's Book and to find the artifact of power.

"The street boy has shown me where he had seen Dark Dragon pass into the Forest. If you start there, you should be able to track him down. I am pretty good at tracking, but I need to leave with Gorlan to find Sheyla's father. We should be heading out soon. Hopefully any of you that are also good at tracking can help out." Firnam states to the rest of the party.

"Show me where this area is, Firnam. My guards are excellent trackers and we should be able to hunt him down in a matter of days."the Sergeant says to Firnam with confidence.

Meanwhile, Gorlan and his party prepare to head for the harbor to search for a ship to chase down the Wytch Runners that kidnapped Sheyla's Father.

Gorlan and his party all say goodbye and wish they could help out, but they know that their mission is also important. Gorlan heads out towards the Harbor.

Okay, I am making another D&D thread for the ship voyage. This will be a subquest that is separate from this one.

So, Gorlan, Gregor, and Firnam will post in the other thread from now on, until the quest comes back together...if it ever does.

DM wrote:The Sergeant and his guards begin to look for tracks and clues that will lead to the capture of Dark Dragon, however, Cheezus can tell that these men know nothing about tracking and are probably destroying helpful evidence of Dark Dragon's passing. Although it is nice to have a heavy number of people to join the party, it could possibly act as a hindrance out in the wilds.

"Has anyone found anything yet!"The Sergeant asks forcefully with a bit of frustration in his voice,"Can anyone, please find a trace of any tracks that will lead us to our quarry?"
Last edited by CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Bye guys.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Quirk on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:29 am

Cheezus attempts to aid in the search for tracks.
Image
"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
User avatar
Major Quirk
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:50 am

I once again cast Light to try and illuminate the shadows.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login