D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dungeon And Dragons (Recruitment Full)

Postby Sackett58 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:10 am

As the other patrons look on also towards the commotion Gregor makes his way towards it, taking a gulp here a gulp there from the distracted crowd from there tankards. Gregor has always had a soft spot for working girls as he walks behind Gorlan. Gregor with his 6"10" heavy frame slightly bumps into Gorlan. As Gorlan looks up at Gregors face Gregor smiles and comments, "girl reminds me of mother", as Gorlan looks at my half/orc features and grimaces.
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Colonel Sackett58

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (3)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:13 am

slowreactor wrote:Biting his tongue on his bad luck, Firnam thinks quickly - he picks up a small rock, and throws it away from him, hoping the guards would be distracted enough for him to find an escape route, or at least a good hiding spot.

DM wrote:As the stone bounces against some refuse on the opposite side of the alley, the watchmen are distracted for a moment, allowing an opportunity for Firnam to sneak past through the shadows and out of sight.

I made stealth check rolls versus the guards perception, and Firnam was successful and is able to sneak away into the night. He will rendezvouz with Cackle and the gang at another tavern across town.
DM wrote:Hopefully this little mission will prove to the leaders of the Black Jack that he is a worthy thief and he will be offered more work with them in the future...perhaps, even becoming a guild boss like Cackle. ~God! I hate Cackle! He is one annoying mother!~Firnam thinks to himself.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:32 am

I have hear of Gregor the Honorable. It seems the reports were not exaggerated. I welcome your company, my friend.

Well, sir
(he looks straight into Cackle's eyes)
are you ready to proclaim that it was the wine that misbehaved, and not yourself?
Then mayhap we can move on to more friendly terms, and a game with the dice?
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby slowreactor on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Should I just wait now for the rendezvous? or do I still have actions I can do? :-s
Colonel slowreactor

Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Sackett58 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:21 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
I have hear of Gregor the Honorable. It seems the reports were not exaggerated. I welcome your company, my friend.

Well, sir
are you ready to proclaim that it was the wine that misbehaved, and not yourself?

Thinking that Gorlan is going to roll the dice Gregor hands him a small amount of coins and starts rubbing his lucky unicorn tooth.
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Colonel Sackett58

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (3)

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Ruffians

Alastair mutters as he approaches Sheyla.

Are you all right miss? Your boss should really make everyone check their weapons with the watchmen. There could have been quite a scene if that drunken bastard had gotten too frisky with that knife

I say with a look of concern in my eyes.
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:33 pm

slowreactor wrote:Should I just wait now for the rendezvous? or do I still have actions I can do? :-s

Well, it's up to you. You have the "book"...you could do whatever you want. But if you don't get the "book" to the people that hired Black Jack to find and steal it from Mr. Urlag, not only will your guild's reputation be at stake (and yours), but you might find that you have in your possession more than what you bargained for.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:22 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:

Well, sir

DM wrote:Cackle returns a murderous stare to Gorlan. Now that he sees that Gorlan has acquired two new friends (both of which stand almost a head taller than anyone else in the bar), he isn't as apt to cause anymore mischief. Also, Cackle and his boys need to leave right now, as they have to meet up with their new guild initiate--Firnam. They must get the "merchandise" to the gentleman that hired them for the job...otherwise, they won't get paid and the whole evening will have been for naught.

"Well, Mr. Hero, I think we will have to take you up on that offer some other time. As for now...we have our own business to attend to. As for that little tavern tramp...my only regret is that I didn't shave off her nose." Cackle looks at Sheyla and mockingly blows her a kiss. "G'nite, gentleman!"

Cackle follows his thugs out the door and they soon disappear into the night.

Soon, an older gentleman wearing black leather long coat and a broad rimmed black leather hat. He has peppered beard and hair. His hair is pulled back into a long pony tail. You also notice that he has a scar across his right eye, and his right eye is clouded over and blind. He is also wearing the exact same type of bracelets that Sheyla is wearing. They are silver cuffs that have strange symbols and pentagrams.

"Excuse me gentlemen, my name is Gavrin Darkwatcher, and Sheyla is my daughter. We are friends with Mr.Urlag and whenever we need some help, he lets us work for him, doing whatever here at his establishment. I want to thank you for defending my daughter. You look as if you can hold your own, and I was wondering if your services would be for hire?

I could not pay you right now, but I promise that if you help me on my errand, you will be payed handsomely!

You see, there is an old wizard's tower that is only a few days journey from here, and there is something in that tower that I and my daughter need. Mr.Urlag was kind enough to help us out with horses, supplies, and a horse cart. He also protects our valuables from time to time until we need them.

If you have noticed, I have been studying these pair of boots. I know they are magical, and could very well be of Elven make, unfortunately I can't read Elven, and it seems that there are writings in the leather."

He shows Gorlan the boots.

They seem to be made out of some type of leather...forest green, soft and subtle. They are decorated with intricate designs of leaves, trees, birds...and the Elven words: Anvri'l Muzat Lor, Aelv Noen Kaffaer

As, Gorlan is looking at the strange boots, you can hear Mr.Urlag in the backroom cursing at the top of his lungs.

"Damn! DAMN! I knew someone was back here! I KNEW IT! Gavrin! It's gone! They bloody stole it! I thought for sure no one would ever look there! It must have been a professional!"

"What?!" Gavrin exclaimed. "You meant to tell me that my book of rituals is gone! STOLEN?!? It took me years of study to acquire those, and the last ritual I was working on was supposed to help my daughter and myself with our "little problem". We are going to have to find that book first before we leave tomorrow! Now who could have stolen it?"

"I can tell ya, Pops!" Sheyla said with a disgusted crooked smile. "One word...Cackle! I bet that's why him and his gutter dogs had to hot foot it out of here so fast! I bet they went to their usual hangout across town...The Beggars Boot Tavern.

"Well, we should hurry, they've been gone now for almost a half an hour!" Gavrin said frantically. "We need that book back! And can we get a blasted Elf to look at these boots!"

Okay, now what do you guys want to do?
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Sackett58 wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

Well, sir

Thinking that Gorlan is going to roll the dice Gregor hands him a small amount of coins and starts rubbing his lucky unicorn tooth.

Gregor is very disappointed that nobody is going to be playing dice, unless of course, any of the characters want to play dice together?
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:38 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Ruffians

Alastair mutters as he approaches Sheyla.

Are you all right miss? Your boss should really make everyone check their weapons with the watchmen. There could have been quite a scene if that drunken bastard had gotten too frisky with that knife

I say with a look of concern in my eyes.

DM wrote: Sheyla straightens her dress, and thanks Alastair for his help and concern, but reassures him that she is completely capable of handling the like of Cackle by herself. She also tells him that even though the larger weapons are usually checked in, it is hard to accommodate for smaller weaponry that can be hid up a sleeve or inside a boot.

"Say?" Sheyla asks inquisitively. "I can tell you are a magic user, is that so? My father and I could use someone that can practice magic. You see...we have this little problem."

Sheyla shows Alastair her silver bracelets, and you do recognize the symbols and the make. They are a form of anti-magic warding used by the Githarians. In the empire of Githar, no one is allowed to practice any type of sorcery (except for individuals in the highest levels of power). If people are found that have practiced magic, they will ward them by placing these special silver bracers on the magic user. This type of ward is very powerful, and there is no known way of nullifying it. The individual will be cut off from practicing magic FOR LIFE!
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby slowreactor on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Once he's sure that he's in the clear, Firnam takes off for the Beggars Boot Tavern, the tavern that they agreed where they will meet. On his way there, his curiosity makes him take a quick look at the contents of the book -

wait... this isn't tavern records... this isn't something he can even understand... Firnam slowly realizes as he slowly leafs through the book, that this book is important, that the simple fact of him transferring the book could mean a major shift in balance, whether good or bad. A third of the way there, he stops and turns around, heading back to the tavern, hoping to be able to eavesdrop and learn more information. He decides that, if he does decide to actually fulfill the mission and is late, he can just make up a story about being apprehended - after all, a dead body in the streets will raise questions about any lone wanderer.

*P.S* any chance you can update the 1st thread with all the players & their stats, just for easy reference? :)
Colonel slowreactor

Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 pm

slowreactor wrote:*P.S* any chance you can update the 1st thread with all the players & their stats, just for easy reference? :)

There really hasn't been any hard stats in this game, if I make a skill check, I base it off of class chosen. A single class thief is probably going to have one of the best dexterity scores in the game (and I am kind of leaning towards 4E in this thread, not that I think it is any better than the other systems, it does simplify things...I don't need a bunch of tables). But the following are the characters so far:

Firnam-Human Rogue
Cheezus-Elven Cleric
Gregor Tombs-Half-Orc Fighter/Rogue
Gorlan-Human Bard/Wizard/Rogue/Spellscarred
Maximus Burst-Genasi (FireSoul) Fighter
Alastair Plainstrider-Half-Elf Wizard

The players in the same order are:
You (slowreactor)
Quirk
sackett58
jonesthecurl
Jace22
safariguy5

If you want to play with stats and everything, just tell me. In a 4E type of game, you kind use a matrix of scores...as players want characters who are above average in their scoring and with little penalties for low scores.

I can tell you that the quickest character to react will be Firnam, and the most observant will be Cheezus. The strongest physical players characters are both Maximus and Gregor. The smartest and most diplomatic will be a toss up between Gorlan and Alastair.

Remember that you can ask the DM any questions about monsters and history. I can do a Knowledge check based on your skill proficiency for class and race.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Quirk on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Cheezus introduces himself to Gavrin Darkwatcher and offers his assistance in translating the words on the boots.
"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:06 am

I do a quick alignment check (if that's possible) and examine the bracers. I also ask Sheyla privately what sort of magic they were doing that caused them to be magic blocked this way.
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:22 am

Dizzie Dizzie the DM wrote:
Meanwhile, Cackle and Co. drunkenly shuffle further from the light of that local tavern. Leaves rustle lightly in the cool crisp breeze while the moon smiles peacefully down into the valley. The two watchmen immediately catch sight of such a boisterous crowd and flag them down for a few questions. Cackle and Co. kindly greet the watchmen and pass word that there's a group of armed men boasting about their recent highwayman adventures, fondling innocent barmaids, and causing an all-around ruckus. Kavin and Bravil have their doubts, but there's one thing they have in common with these local louts, and that's the suspicion of strangers--obnoxious no-gooders at that.

Having scrutinized enough the scene of the crime, Kavin slowly heads towards the bar to further investigate the surrounding area while Bravil runs for the nearest guardhouse--a mere few houses down the way. As Kavin investigation leaves many questions unanswered, Bravil shows up--eight-men deep.

Kavin quietly stares at his men. They're a sad lot with rusted chainmail but bearing axes and maces that'll do the job on anybody well enough. He nods his head in the direction of the tavern and says, "Let's have look-see, shall we?"

Upon entering the tavern, Bravil immediately notices a massive half-orc, but he's never cared for such a politically correct term. He addresses the half-orc as such: "Oy, you wart-faced, oozing slob of puss, I know you killed that man." The Town Watch immediately bears arms.

Gregor immediately takes offense and glares menacingly at the Town Watch.

"Oh, that does it there! You're days of rampage are over!!" He quickly pulls out his axe... His men are nervous but in numbers have courage and strength.

Now what?
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games