Conquer Club

GURPS Adventures

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

GURPS Adventures

Postby / on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:58 pm

So, Mordag's finger wasn't found, before any other... fingers appeared, we decided to just wing it and start up our own free-flowing GURPS (and perhaps other RPG/RP/Literary) adventures.

Many of us are inexperienced, so the rules may not exactly conform to GURPS standards at times, so if you are an experianced player, we'd be glad to have you on and would be quite pleased to receive any help you are willing to offer. If you are a new player with no experiance, we would still be glad to have you on and will do our part to assist you. ;)

macbone was a great help in getting us started and improving our character sheets to conform to the rules, you can see many of the resources you may want to use here.
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=175278

We want to have a fun time without stifling or annoying anyone too much, so let's set some ground rules that we can all hopefully agree upon

-At each junction point of the adventure, the current GM (game master) will offer his or her position up for grabs to volunteers.

-Volunteers will be prioritized by who has gone without a turn at GMing the longest, if neither has had a turn, it will be given to the first to volunteer.

-GMing is completely voluntary, if you are unable to GM, feel free to pass it on at any time, or even temporally for short periods, we should all do our part without burdening any individual too much.

-A GM can technically overrule any part of the game, including a players actions if they are too outrageous towards the overall story, but please use discretion, we want this to be fair, fun, and believable.

-That said, if the GM goes overboard and ends up handing out keys to the death star or something, the players, as a last resort, may make a no confidence vote, asking the current GM to either rewrite that part of the story to a more acceptable one, or pass the game on to another GM.

-Once we get started, please try to stay in character for most of the game, out of character discussion should either be in another thread, or if minor, in footnotes.

-Players are encouraged to influence the direction of the story, without turning it completely around, good writing and roleplaying are rewarded with better roll odds, and more character points.

Current Players
(probably)
MeDeFe
kentington
/
Woodruff
Gillipig
IchLiebeMyCats

Now on to the details, Base character sheets will use 200 points, 50 points in disadvantages are allowed, 5 quirks are allowed.
We will using either Banestorm setting, a more generic fantasy setting, or a combination of both.
While the GM is free to decide the details of the current leg of the adventure, it should in some way link to us getting closer to our overall goal once that is decided.
Example: "The Old Man stops the party before they set foot in the dense dark woods on the path to the holy grail. He informs them that the only way to navigate the forest is by getting a magical map used by bandits working for the Pirate Mayor of 'Arr-may-tee'."

This allows the GM to tell the buccaneer story they desire, without deviating from the overall task of getting the Holy Grail or whatever.

When making an encounter, the GM should, at the very least, draw up some quick character sheets for the NPCs so the players will have set odds of interaction, this will make things fair.

Example:While trying to pass the strict enemy checkpoint, the party sees a guard in the distance, while the GM does not show them the character sheet, the players are given a description of how the GM envisions him, looking back and forth wary of his surrounding, of slight build, etc.
The character sheet the GM made has the guard with a high perception, so a role sneaking past will likely end in failure, ending with him calling for backup, he is also likely to notice a lie with a high perception score, but he is not physically strong, and has low will/cowardly disadvantage, so quickly overwhelming him, or intimidation is more likely to work.

Anyhow, details will be added as they are available, please tell me what should be added, I am inexperienced myself, so we will need to discuss a bit before agreeing on the finer details, I am also unaware if character sheets should be secret, or posted on the front page (if we have multiple GMs, this might be a problem, as the GMs must see the sheets)

I think we may probably start soon, and start winging it through trial and error as we go along, but first we must get the completed character sheets and such in order.
Last edited by / on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: GURPS Adventures

Postby / on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:58 pm

extra post
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:22 am

I confirm my involvement. Or Eiykur's to be speficic :).
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Drakkon on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:20 pm

I will follow this thread a bit, not sure if I am able to commit enough time at the moment.
Major Drakkon

Return to Forum Games