Name that movie from the screenshot!

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby crispybits on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:44 pm

MeDeFe wrote:If you know it, just say it. I don't mind if you used google (as long as you didn't use the reverse image search, but that's missing the whole point of the game).


Naah I googled the book title from the first or second image, went to the wikipedia page of an obscure american punk band named after it and found the fact that their name may have been a nod to this film. I then did a google image search on the film title to confirm it was right and found a couple of the images you posted. Hopefully that's roundabout enough for you...

Seeing as nobody else has any idea:

Peeping Tom

Whoever gets in first with a new picture can have the next go - I'm not gonna be reliable enough checking back yet to run one myself.
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:26 pm

I dunno. Doesnn't look much like him (after a quick google). Though I have to say it doesn't look much like pictures of a young Falk either...
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Whoever gets in first with a new picture can have the next go - I'm not gonna be reliable enough checking back yet to run one myself.


You know me, I'm always in for a shot:

Image
User avatar
Major 2007spaceodyssey
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm
Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:15 pm

crispybits wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:If you know it, just say it. I don't mind if you used google (as long as you didn't use the reverse image search, but that's missing the whole point of the game).


Naah I googled the book title from the first or second image, went to the wikipedia page of an obscure american punk band named after it and found the fact that their name may have been a nod to this film. I then did a google image search on the film title to confirm it was right and found a couple of the images you posted. Hopefully that's roundabout enough for you...

Seeing as nobody else has any idea:

Peeping Tom

Whoever gets in first with a new picture can have the next go - I'm not gonna be reliable enough checking back yet to run one myself.

That's definitely roundabout enough.

You're also right about what movie it is.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
User avatar
Major MeDeFe
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:22 am

Also: Hudson Hawk?
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
User avatar
Major MeDeFe
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:54 am

MeDeFe wrote:Hudson Hawk?


No
User avatar
Major 2007spaceodyssey
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm
Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Oh oh oh........ I MAY know this one... ummmmm
Image
Art by pershy
User avatar
Major MoB Deadly
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Allentown, PA
Medals: 135
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (10)
Clan Achievement (34) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Murder By Numbers?
Image
Art by pershy
User avatar
Major MoB Deadly
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Allentown, PA
Medals: 135
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (10)
Clan Achievement (34) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:19 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Murder By Numbers?


No
User avatar
Major 2007spaceodyssey
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm
Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Shot nr 2:

Image
User avatar
Major 2007spaceodyssey
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm
Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:40 am

Bang the Drum Slowly ?
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
User avatar
Major MeDeFe
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:20 am

MeDeFe wrote:Bang the Drum Slowly ?


No
User avatar
Major 2007spaceodyssey
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm
Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:10 am

Shot nr 3:
Image
User avatar
Major 2007spaceodyssey
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm
Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:48 am

Surprised nobody gets it. Shot nr 4 then:

Image

And now you will remember who the guy in the first shot is!
User avatar
Major 2007spaceodyssey
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm
Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Name that movie from the screenshot!

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:57 am

The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! ?
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
User avatar
Major MeDeFe
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login