Conquer Club

define the neologism above

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: define the neologism above

Postby oVo on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 pm

fiaff: Word often used by a commanding officer with a lisp to initiate an attack,
not to be confused with a spicy curry dish served in some ethnic restaurants.

oophoryte
Major oVo

Postby BoganGod on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:48 am

oophoryte - a type of igneous rock formed when silicon or graphite based species such as trolls or gollums bump uglies

pilatonskranquilerious
Corporal BoganGod

Postby oVo on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:24 am

pilatonskranquilerious: The odd sense of humor found in single celled organisms.

mezoposthumus
Major oVo

Postby BoganGod on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:05 am

mezoposthumus - archaeological term for dead aztec kings

lizhrilgrouthriestic
Corporal BoganGod

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:36 am

lizhrilgrouthriestic - pertaining to the artificial religion of the priest-class of the possibly mythical alien lizardoids who seretly rule the planet.

farlatidly
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby oVo on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:00 am

farlatidly: the high pitched flatulence resulting from tightly clenched buttcheeks
that tends to occur during the quieter moments of a church service.

seretly
Major oVo

Postby BoganGod on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:43 pm

seretly - the action seer's take in looking through time.

ghilostaphobiozene
Corporal BoganGod

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:45 pm

ghilostaphobiozene - the result of attempts to use benzene as weight loss medication

jumntyou
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby ser stiefel on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:47 pm

jumntyou: form of dance popular in the 90's. Jump up, making nine triple yanks on underwear.

pushmortism
The Tick wrote:How dare you! I know evil is bad, but come on! Eating kittens is just plain... plain wrong, and no one should do it! EVER!
Sergeant 1st Class ser stiefel

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:49 am

Pushmortism:

A phrase or saying which increses support for voluntary euthanasia.

Phrasmic

Postby oVo on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:34 pm

phrasmic - A combination of words that when amplified to extreme volume and sung with a pulsating back beat have the ability to transform large gatherings into a single unified consciousness.

blotventabulary
Major oVo

Postby ser stiefel on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:59 pm

blotventabulary: Person responsible for counting the number of blotvents in a group of CC'ers. Blotvents are, of course, those players who continually vent there frustrations concerning what they believe to be unfair dice.

edit: next word is: predantic
The Tick wrote:How dare you! I know evil is bad, but come on! Eating kittens is just plain... plain wrong, and no one should do it! EVER!

Postby oVo on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:41 am

predantic: A player who attacks others arbitrarily in games thus defying any obvious sense of strategic logic and gaining no competitive edge. Also spelled preydantic, though the pronunciation is the same.

bioblotvented
Major oVo

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:14 am

bioblotvented:

Obviously this is related to the dice-moaning definition above, but with the addition of the prefix bio it is obviously about life generally.
One who has bioblotvented has uttered a phrase like: My life sucks SO hard!.

scronnular

Postby ser stiefel on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:52 pm

scronnular: Scron shaped. Scrons are the stalactite like formations found under the noses of people working in cold environments.

Spamgenic

Postby oVo on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:58 am

Spamgenic: The uncontrollable urge to make frivolous posts on internet forums.

calamendipity
Major oVo

Postby ser stiefel on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:35 pm

calamendipity: While looking for Jane Goodall (or any Jane, really) you find Calamity Jane instead and discover that you are pleasantly surprised at your good fortune.

masteplaive

Postby wercool on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:53 pm

masteplaive, used as a verb. when you thought you knew evrything that was going on but you were really just pawn in somones masterplan. it was all fun and games until i got masteplaived.

sucklurr
The king reigns... and his son.
Jesus is the prince!!!

i never have and probably never will use a plug in/ add-on.
Cadet wercool

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm

sucklurr

one who sucks and who has been lured into a false sense of security, e.g. thinks they have won the "last post wins" game when obviously jonesthecurl is the winner really.

Pfftping.

Postby ser stiefel on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Pfftping: onomatopoeia for the sound made when a person scores a hit, from across the room, on someone with a nail gun.

crabulous

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:10 am

crabulous: an adhective describing interesting debris from the crab nebula.

Yunnanosauridophobia

Postby ser stiefel on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:23 am

jonesthecurl wrote:crabulous: an adhective describing interesting debris from the crab nebula.

Yunnanosauridophobia

Yunnanosauridophobia: a made up string of letters by jonesthecurl in an attempt win an online game, which everyone knows is not a word at all. Furthermore this word-wanna-be was known to jonesthecurl to be a false-word at the time of the posting, and was therefore fraudulently submitted as an actual word.

Stiefelism <-- I am going to regret this, but in the interest of fair play I can take it! :)

Postby wercool on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:53 am

Stiefelism telling somone somthing doesnt excist. like this:
ser stiefel wrote:
Yunnanosauridophobia: a made up string of letters by jonesthecurl in an attempt win an online game, which everyone knows is not a word at all. Furthermore this word-wanna-be was known to jonesthecurl to be a false-word at the time of the posting, and was therefore fraudulently submitted as an actual word.

Stiefelism <-- I am going to regret this, but in the interest of fair play I can take it! :)
The king reigns... and his son.
Jesus is the prince!!!

i never have and probably never will use a plug in/ add-on.
Cadet wercool

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:02 am

ser stiefel wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:crabulous: an adhective describing interesting debris from the crab nebula.

Yunnanosauridophobia

It's a neologism, one coined to meet an actual need rather than one looking for a meaning.
Just as Milton coined the word "pandemonium", Orwell the word "doublethink", and Carrol "chortle", jonesthecurl coined the words "yunnanosauridophobia"/"yunnanosauroidophobic/s", serving three distinct purposes:
(i) It enabled said online game to continue, providing a long enough "y" word to continue (not win),
(ii) It gave the world a much-needed name for a condition which may one day become common when cloning techniques return this class of dinosaur to the world and hordes of people are running scared of them
(iii) It enabled phobiaphiles to finally put something under "y".

Note: so far as I know, "phobiaphile" is a word which has not been used before, but, like "yunnanosauridophobics", it was a useful word which needed to be coined at that point. As was "netlogism", which I made up in the other thread, and which also has an obvious and necessary meaning.

Postby ser stiefel on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:22 am

jonesthecurl wrote:
ser stiefel wrote:

Yunnanosauridophobia

It's a neologism, one coined to meet an actual need rather than one looking for a meaning.
Just as Milton coined the word "pandemonium", Orwell the word "doublethink", and Carrol "chortle", jonesthecurl coined the words "yunnanosauridophobia"/"yunnanosauroidophobic/s", serving three distinct purposes:
(i) It enabled said online game to continue, providing a long enough "y" word to continue (not win),
(ii) It gave the world a much-needed name for a condition which may one day become common when cloning techniques return this class of dinosaur to the world and hordes of people are running scared of them
(iii) It enabled phobiaphiles to finally put something under "y".

Note: so far as I know, "phobiaphile" is a word which has not been used before, but, like "yunnanosauridophobics", it was a useful word which needed to be coined at that point. As was "netlogism", which I made up in the other thread, and which also has an obvious and necessary meaning.

Hmm. I think you may be winning me over. Frankiebee will have to provide counterpoint.

edit: this was the point that had the most influence on my thinking:
(ii) It gave the world a much-needed name for a condition which may one day become common when cloning techniques return this class of dinosaur to the world and hordes of people are running scared of them.

to wercool: have you a new neologism for definition?

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games