Japan:Sengoku Jidai v0.21 - pg 2

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Japan:Sengoku Jidai v0.21 - pg 2

Postby skepticCS on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:14 am

Well, I'm sure there was plenty of pillaging going on, but supply lines, as with any war anywhere, are extremely important. I'm thinking the simple effect of castle autodeploys and fortifications will be enough to simulate that factor though.
........................................................................................................Map in Development:
Image Image
Corporal skepticCS

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby skepticCS on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 am

Just a quick update: I've been making graphical changes to the map and incorporated new elements such as farmland and European traders. Things have been very busy in my personal life at the moment so this work has been pretty sporadic, though I think this coming week will see a full-fledged update here on the forums.
........................................................................................................Map in Development:
Image Image
Corporal skepticCS

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:43 am

Neat. Can't wait to see the next version...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby iancanton on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:32 pm

is there a later image available, even if part-finished? in particular, with region names, so that it's easier to refer to areas, instead of the second castle from right on the north coast or something similar.

i suggest that u cut off the 20% of the map on the right, which shows us nothing useful, and resize the land area to make it bigger, giving more room for the symbols.

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) General Contribution (13)

Postby skepticCS on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:32 am

There is a newer version of the map that I have been sitting on for a while now waiting for the time to touch up a few things before submitting it. Place names will be added probably in the version after next, once the actual province boundaries and bonus locations are solidified. I'm leaving extra space around the map because there are a ton of elements that need to be explained and I'd rather start with enough area to do that with, though I suspect I may have to increase the map size as you point out due to the large numbers of symbols. If you'd like to see a far more graphical version of the map with place names and all that, head over to the bottom of the main post where I have the old versions. Look at version .01.

Sorry for the inactivity lately. I've been looking for a new job and, now that I've found one, have been hustling to finish all the things I started at the old job before I leave. Combine that with a ton of responsibilities during my personal time and it leaves very little space for map design. But I should be getting back to this one soon.
Image Image
Corporal skepticCS

Postby iancanton on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 pm

don't worry about updates being slow. just go at ur own pace, though try to make sure that we can see some progress at least once a month to avoid the map being placed in the recycle bin till u're able to work it.

u don't need to have final names for ur regions, as long as u have names of some sort so that we can make meaningful gameplay comments. an example might be a1, a2, b1, b2 and so on.

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) General Contribution (13)

Postby Evil DIMwit on Thu May 20, 2010 10:56 am

[Moved]

Alas! It would appear that development of this map has stalled. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made.
ImageImage
Captain Evil DIMwit

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas