Conquer 4: Back in Development [Abandoned Again?]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:52 pm

these ok but like Vegas, and World 3000, only tell a story and dont put image, and i se that when start to create map you say"I start map these and these here image" and then you say "what you think of these map"
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Wisse on Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:53 pm

qwert wrote:these ok but like Vegas, and World 3000, only tell a story and dont put image, and i se that when start to create map you say"I start map these and these here image" and then you say "what you think of these map"

yup the threads like las vegas are just dumb
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Medals: 1
Map Contribution (1)

Postby Guiscard on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:07 pm

Its a definite idea and the topic starter is intending to make the map. Thats OK. The Vegas one was just an idea for someone else, and should have been in the ideas thread.

Asd for the idea, yeh I think it would be good. Shouldn;t be too challenging graphically, and would be a nice fun twist on the game.

I don't think I'd play it a lot, but more than circus and crossword, thats for sure.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Medals: 1
Map Contribution (1)

Postby MarVal on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:10 pm

Wisse wrote:
qwert wrote:these another idea topic.
People open topic to ask "do you like my idea"
just put question in ***Map Ideas: Free to a Good Home***

some will make the map, i think keyogie wants to make the map...

Yeah, I agree with Wisse.
And I think its a good idea.

Grtz
Marval
Image highest score: 2157 (Major) / Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
ImageImage
Corporal 1st Class MarVal

Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)
Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (15) General Contribution (5)

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:30 pm

qwert wrote:these another idea topic.
People open topic to ask "do you like my idea"
just put question in ***Map Ideas: Free to a Good Home***

The Las Vegas map thread was simply an idea for someone else to create. SS sem0me had no intention of making the map themselves. Whereas wrightfan123 and myself are intending to make the maps, but are just getting a guage of interest first.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Medals: 3
Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:35 pm

I dont say that these good or bad idea, i just say that people dont must open post to show idea with no maps in topic, if i understan topic***Map Ideas: Free to a Good Home*** its for put ideas.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Teya on Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:07 pm

***Map Ideas: Free to a Good Home*** Key words "free to good home" Keyogi isnt giving this idea away, he is using it himself.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:33 pm

qwert wrote:I dont say that these good or bad idea, i just say that people dont must open post to show idea with no maps in topic, if i understan topic***Map Ideas: Free to a Good Home*** its for put ideas.

But what is the point in putting in say 5 hours work into a map that nobody wants to play? I'm currently working on the Middle East revamp which takes priority over this project anyway. I'll have a good idea of whether to develop this idea further with the poll though, something I couldn't do in the map ideas thread.

Postby sully800 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:58 pm

qwert wrote:I dont say that these good or bad idea, i just say that people dont must open post to show idea with no maps in topic, if i understan topic***Map Ideas: Free to a Good Home*** its for put ideas.

qwert- he included an image of the game. Sure its not a map he created himself but it shows the layout of countries, the number and everything else you could want from a preliminary design. In fact that is how we've been able to talk about whether the bonuses would be possible, or if the gameplay would be interesting.
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby sully800 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:02 pm

And Keyogi- Just for reference, the foundry members are generally enthusiastic about every map that comes along. Even the really bad ideas seem to get positive pollings on whether they should be created or not. I know that you have the ability to pull this map off and to do it very well but I still think your time would be better invested in a more complicated map, because you are most likely the best image creator this site has seen thus far. So I would say it is up to you whether you believe its worth spending your time on a novelty map that probably won't be played nearly as much as Australia or your revamped Middle East (in the same right you probably won't have to spend as much time on this as Australia either.)
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby sfhbballnut on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:04 pm

I like this idea, especialy the 4 in a row bonuses, do it
Corporal sfhbballnut

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby KEYOGI on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:08 pm

Ok, does anybody want to do the really boring and tedius xml and I'll do the fun part with the graphics? :P

I'll give it a go, but I think it'll be a long-term project that I'll pursue casually and slowly.

Postby Bad Speler on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:19 pm

I wouldnt mind doing the xml, often I find myself having nothing to do(my teacher says i should be doing my homework dring that time but...).
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (4)
Map Contribution (2)

Postby spinwizard on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm

Bad Speler wrote:I wouldnt mind doing the xml, often I find myself having nothing to do(my teacher says i should be doing my homework dring that time but...).

LOL mine says that to...
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:29 pm

Intriguing... I like it.

I'm than up for helping you with the XML if necessary... (if a Java Dev should stoop so low?!?!) Send me a PM if you want me to do it... Reckon I could turn it around in a couple of days tops...

I think your main problem is naming the places?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby spinwizard on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:58 pm

A!, A2, A£, A4 ext.

u could name them like that
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:42 pm

I'm not a big fan of the idea. But then again, I don't always like maps when they first start out. They have to usually win me over :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby KEYOGI on Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:49 pm

I'll work on an image over the next few days. Once we've got a basic layout where coordinates will be set, I'll get in touch with yeti_c or Bad Speler for the xml. Thanks for the offer too guys. It'd probably take me months to do it. :wink:

Any suggestions on themes or such? We could go the way of the classic blue plastic or in a new direction. Wooden?

I also had an idea as regards to bonuses. If it was deemed necessary, we could have row or column bonuses. An extra incentive to go beyond four in a row?

Oh, and we'll need a new name. Connect 4 isn't going to work for us.

Postby bedplay on Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:50 pm

spinwizard wrote:A!, A2, A£, A4 ext.

u could name them like that

:? wierd.

tbh, keyogi, i think you need to think of something different.

Your graphics skills suit something much more than this, and I think the idea is awful, i would not play it (like crossword)

Over the weekend I'll bring out my new idea of a map i've thought of that should alter tactics slightly, I've had a lot of work on, plus my 30 day free trial of fireworks ran out, so korean war map update should be available over the weekend :D
"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it."
- General Douglas MacArthur
Private 1st Class bedplay

Postby yeti_c on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:01 pm

KEYOGI wrote:I'll work on an image over the next few days. Once we've got a basic layout where coordinates will be set, I'll get in touch with yeti_c or Bad Speler for the xml. Thanks for the offer too guys. It'd probably take me months to do it. :wink:

Any suggestions on themes or such? We could go the way of the classic blue plastic or in a new direction. Wooden?

I also had an idea as regards to bonuses. If it was deemed necessary, we could have row or column bonuses. An extra incentive to go beyond four in a row?

Oh, and we'll need a new name. Connect 4 isn't going to work for us.

No worries pal - just give me the word and it's done...

Name - how's about "Conquect 4"?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby w3a2 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:34 pm

please no.

seriously.

and cluedo is probably a better idea for a map and that's not even a good idea
Private 1st Class w3a2

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)

Postby XenHu on Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:38 pm

w3a2 wrote:please no.

seriously.

and cluedo is probably a better idea for a map and that's not even a good idea

That was constructive..

:roll:

Unfortunately, I can't comment.. The images don't load on my computer...

-X
Cook XenHu

Postby w3a2 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:43 pm

honestly, i don't see how such a map could ever be a good idea. especially when the map creator has map making talents.

and the only image i saw was a picture of the game (not a map) anyway.
Private 1st Class w3a2

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)

Postby KEYOGI on Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:30 pm

I just thought this could be something completely different to anything currently on the site or in development. I wanted something where you could basically make your own continents. I've got another idea that follows a similar principle but I'm having trouble finding the details I need.

I'll make up an image over the weekend and see where we go from there. I don't mind if this map doesn't make it through the foundry, I just wanted to put up an idea with a twist on gameplay.

Re: Connect 4

Postby pancakemix on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:00 pm

KEYOGI wrote:There's 35 spaces to the board, so we'd need to come up with one more additional space.

7X6=42, if I'm correct.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Next

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas