Conquer Club

Eurasia Map [Old thread]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: bin please

Postby cairnswk on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:57 am

...but it is very good. I also don't understand why this is happenening, unless natty has personal reasons.
He hasn't posted much the last few days...although rumour has it he isn't pleased over World XL not going forward.
Common, natty...up, up and on with it :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby lostatlimbo on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:56 am

Every time I see a post about "What is wrong with the foundry", I can't help but think of all the hissyfits that take place here. The only thing wrong with the foundry are the colossal egos.
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby pamoa on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 am

My dear Natty
maybe you want some support or help
but at least let someone take this project on
hoping you still are proud of everything you gave to CC
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:41 am

lostatlimbo wrote:Every time I see a post about "What is wrong with the foundry", I can't help but think of all the hissyfits that take place here. The only thing wrong with the foundry are the colossal egos.

I have to agree with lostatlimbo here. I really have no sympathy for anyone who bins their maps in protest. You're doing this to yourself; the site isn't doing this to you. I really am tired of this.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby natty dread on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:12 am

Oh my grandma, what a big sense of entitlement you have!

You think you have some kind of right to get to play my map? You think I'm somehow obligated to finish it? Well think again, it's my artwork, my intellectual property, I can do whatever I want with it. If I want to bin it, there's nothing you can do about it, apart from making your own Eurasia map. Which reminds me...

Where's your map project, Sully? What's that... could it be in the bin? You talk big, but until you have some idea what it takes to create even one map from start to finish, kindly shut the hell up.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 pm

natty dread wrote:Oh my grandma, what a big sense of entitlement you have!

You think you have some kind of right to get to play my map? You think I'm somehow obligated to finish it? Well think again, it's my artwork, my intellectual property, I can do whatever I want with it. If I want to bin it, there's nothing you can do about it, apart from making your own Eurasia map.

No, I agree with you there; I never said anything to the contrary.

natty dread wrote:Which reminds me...

Where's your map project, Sully? What's that... could it be in the bin? You talk big, but until you have some idea what it takes to create even one map from start to finish, kindly shut the hell up.

Natty, I stated my opinion on the matter - that is all. If you don't take kindly to what I said, fair enough, but it seems hardly appropriate to resort to petty insults. Again, you are the one throwing your progress away, not me, not nobodies, not Andy, not lack, not anyone but you. So, sure, you could say I don't know what it takes to make a map, as I haven't created the art for one up to now, but the point stands regardless: if it takes a lot (or even if it doesn't take a lot) to create even one map from start to finish, you are still the one making the decision to throw away all of the hours you put into this project.

Like I said, it's your decision, and I'll leave that up to you, but you can't rightly get upset about a choice you made.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby The Bison King on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:39 pm

You think you have some kind of right to get to play my map? You think I'm somehow obligated to finish it? Well think again, it's my artwork, my intellectual property, I can do whatever I want with it. If I want to bin it, there's nothing you can do about it, apart from making your own Eurasia map. Which reminds me...

Wow, I can't believe what an incredible asshole you have become. You're maps are good I'll give you that, but that doesn't justify acting like a colossal dick. You can put whatever spin you want on your actions but the only people you are really hurting are yourself and the people who want to play your maps and enjoy your work. However, you clearly don't give a shit about the people on this site. You only care about your self and your own standing with the "foundry elite"

Remember this, any performer, artist, or craftsman is NOTHING with out his fans and supporters.

Now either you can buck up, stick through it and finish what you started like an adult, or you can finish your self destructive hissy fit like a baby.

YOU HAVE IMPRESSED NO ONE.
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby Gillipig on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:46 pm

The Bison King wrote:

Wow, I can't believe what an incredible asshole you have become.

This is nothing new, he's been an asshole for years! Maybe not to everyone but at least to me. He takes too much personally, and has a huge ego. I'm sure he'll say the same about me though lol.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby DiM on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 pm

The Bison King wrote:You're maps

your. :mrgreen:

also i don't think he's trying to hurt himself or the people that want to play his maps. his actions are directed towards lack.
by binning his maps he's depriving lack of potential revenue sources as well as pulling an alarm signal on lacks unfair decision.

i actually wonder sometimes what would happen if nobody made maps anymore. what if all the current map makers would say bin my maps until lack actually does something for the foundry? what if no new map makers would arise, or if they would they'd say "we're willing to become map makers but only if lack gives us updates for the foundry?

would this make a difference? would this force lack to finally show he cares? or would he simply shut down the foundry?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby natty dread on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:58 pm

The Bison King wrote:YOU HAVE IMPRESSED NO ONE.

That's what she said!
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
lostatlimbo wrote:Every time I see a post about "What is wrong with the foundry", I can't help but think of all the hissyfits that take place here. The only thing wrong with the foundry are the colossal egos.

I have to agree with lostatlimbo here. I really have no sympathy for anyone who bins their maps in protest. You're doing this to yourself; the site isn't doing this to you. I really am tired of this.

-Sully

I agree with both of them mate.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby The Bison King on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:06 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:

-Sully

I agree with both of them mate.

agree as well. This is truly a pathetic display.
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby pamoa on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:22 pm

DiM wrote:...I actually wonder sometimes what would happen if nobody made maps anymore
what if all the current map makers would say bin my maps until lack actually does something for the foundry?
what if no new map makers would arise, or if they would they'd say "we're willing to become map makers but only if lack gives us updates for the foundry?

would this make a difference?
would this force lack to finally show he cares?
or would he simply shut down the foundry?
it won't change anything apart quality
with the number of player on the site
their will always be someone to put an unconsidered amount of hours just to sign a map like we did
and with the number of maps already on-line
their is plenty of time to restart any foundry process from scratch

I don't know the issue natty is having with lack
but as it is his site
any of his decision will always be subject to personal feelings
like any decision taken by a human being on earth
that how humankind works

the only thing is that's it is sad to loose such a map :( and mapmaker :cry:
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby Gillipig on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:11 pm

pamoa wrote:it won't change anything apart quality
with the number of player on the site
their will always be someone to put an unconsidered amount of hours just to sign a map like we did
and with the number of maps already on-line
their is plenty of time to restart any foundry process from scratch

I don't know the issue natty is having with lack
but as it is his site
any of his decision will always be subject to personal feelings
like any decision taken by a human being on earth
that how humankind works

the only thing is that's it is sad to loose such a map :( and mapmaker :cry:

This site will survive without mapmakers for a long time because it already has 200 + maps! A strike will not be an effective way to get the message across. I'm pretty sure lack already knows that we want new tools because we've been quite vocal about it. And even if he hasn't read our suggestions I'm sure nobodies has relayed our (and his own) opinions on the matter.
It all boils down to time and money, the two factors that seems to control our lifes. To make it happen he either has to put down more time or money on the site. Or both. If it's a success he might earn money on it because more people might buy premium, but that's never a guarantee.

PS. I think it's "mankind" ;)!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Long time reader, first time poster. I agree. Although natty's works was above average, this site will survive without. Yes, I was looking forward to the Eurasia maps (and his other projects), but I love the maps already in play and the fact that that his current (binned) projects won't make it to live game play won't change my love of this site.

I always look forward to new maps, but they are not necessary for my continued enjoyment of this site.
Cook Butters1919

Re: Eurasia Map [Old thread]

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:13 am

MOD EDIT: The 2 Eurasia maps are now developed in a single thread, please visit the other thread

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=162655

[Locked]

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas