Gentle Revolution [15 Feb 2012]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Gentle Revolution [15 Feb 2012]

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:38 am

I added a tag to your title in the OP.
Please add always a date in your title, in this way it's easier to keep track of your work. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=649&t=150681#p3292831
Thanks
Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby Oneyed on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:07 am

thanks nobodies.

I will follow your advices :)

Oneyed
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Industrial Helix on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Your dissident symbol reaaly need to be changed into something that isn't so pixeled.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby Oneyed on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:36 am

Industrial Helix wrote:Your dissident symbol reaaly need to be changed into something that isn't so pixeled.

also in this version?
Click image to enlarge.

Oneyed

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:58 pm

[Moved]

If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;)

koontz
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:02 am

Looking forward to that!
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Please be gentle with me as this is my first or one of my first attempts at branching out in this forum direction.

I am just wondering if the Gas Stations serve as Diners or Coffee houses at the same time as most Gas stations in the USA also serve other uses as well. Some are even Supermarkets. Could Gas Stations serve some other type of bonus situation like that as well? Like some kind of a resupply depot? Like if you own 3 you get four troops and 4 gets you five troops and so on. Or did I read that they turn neutral each turn?

Also; Is there anyway to put in some trees especially like around the rivers and what not? Or at least make it more green like? This is country, right? like a city or town some where in the countryside?

OK, and perhaps around the borders edges, what countries (if any) or other towns are like north and south and east and west? Like where the roads go off of the map, you can put, [To ___ --->]
OK, so maybe you also need some roads that go off of the map I think?

And the white wording does not contrast too well with the current color. Green or some other dark color for the landscape would bring out the white lettered words better. Or make the letters black. Both are too light to make the words really easy to read.

I think that this could be a most educational map.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Oneyed on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:04 am

Viceroy63 wrote:Please be gentle with me as this is my first or one of my first attempts at branching out in this forum direction.

try look aruond here, you can find more interesting maps :)
Viceroy63 wrote:I am just wondering if the Gas Stations serve as Diners or Coffee houses at the same time as most Gas stations in the USA also serve other uses as well. Some are even Supermarkets. Could Gas Stations serve some other type of bonus situation like that as well? Like some kind of a resupply depot? Like if you own 3 you get four troops and 4 gets you five troops and so on. Or did I read that they turn neutral each turn?

forgot Gas stations. there is updated version without them. there are only road crosses.
for info: the Gas stations between towns or on highways are also diners or coffee houses. you can also buy there some foods, newspapers, music cd, things from drugstores...
Viceroy63 wrote:Also; Is there anyway to put in some trees especially like around the rivers and what not? Or at least make it more green like? This is country, right? like a city or town some where in the countryside?

wait for next update. there will be another background. but yes, you are right - there should be trees and also some wood on the north.
Viceroy63 wrote:OK, and perhaps around the borders edges, what countries (if any) or other towns are like north and south and east and west? Like where the roads go off of the map, you can put, [To ___ --->]
OK, so maybe you also need some roads that go off of the map I think?

there are no towns around. this is town Bratislava.
Viceroy63 wrote:And the white wording does not contrast too well with the current color. Green or some other dark color for the landscape would bring out the white lettered words better. Or make the letters black. Both are too light to make the words really easy to read.

I know. I must find any option how to make black letters of the map and of the legends different.
Viceroy63 wrote:I think that this could be a most educational map.

thanks. and thank you for ideas and interest. but I need some time for update - 27th april I become father, so I will have much to do in RL. :D

Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:08 am

Oneyed wrote:27th april I become father, so I will have much to do in RL. :D

Oneyed

Congrats. =D>
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:44 am

CC is like a breeding factory :lol:
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Postby Oneyed on Tue May 01, 2012 12:03 am

thanks guys.

Oneyed

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas