Punic Wars

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Punic Wars

Postby cavemanjim on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:49 pm

i was thinking that with all the suggestions for troop bonuses u could offset some off them with strong neutrals or killer neutrals through the mountain passes. how about, besides naval battle sites, which could start out as neutral 2's, having sea lanes that go from coastline to coastline as well to naval battle sites. using a sea lane from coastline to coastline in the attack phase requires the attacker to go all in, no calling off the attack if itz not going well. using a sea lane in the reinforcement phase incurs possible loses, say from 0 to 2 armies. these possible loses should be random to simulate the risky nature of sea travel in that era. respectfully cavemanjim
Sergeant 1st Class cavemanjim

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby darkmagus on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:28 pm

cavemanjim wrote: i think spain needs to be more important as a place to get troop bonuses because it was a source of silver and was where the initial conflict started between rome and carthage. it was also populated with fierce germanic tribes as another source of troop bonuses.

Fierce germanic tribes populating Spain during the third century before christ? surely a typo, eh?
Try celtiberians or iberians - they managed to beat roman armies a few times.
Private darkmagus

Medals: 1
Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby Oneyed on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:45 am

guys thanks for all intersting ideas and for interest. I will think about them, how to implement them to map...
now I focus to finish Fragmentation of the CSFR map.

Oneyed
Sergeant Oneyed

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas