Conquer Club

Demons & Angels [7/2] Vacation please.

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Demons & Angels [5/2] V5

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:51 am

The nobodies. As you said, things still need to be worked out with the bonuses. I worked out that the light can attack the demons and angels so a huge bonus/decay are not needed. That is done for the next update. Viper pointed that out to me as well.

Hope this is bare bones enough for you.
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby tokle on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:27 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:I don't get the light bonus/decay thing....it seems to me you have to kill 50 troops to have a bonus of 999 troops (not autodeploy) but at the start of the turn you'll lose 666 troops on that territory due the decay. First of all I don't think someone will put a big number of troops on it knowing that he will lose 666 of them at the start of a turn, even if he can deploy 999. Second point if I receive 999 there're plenty better way to use those troops than waste 3/4 of them the next turn, specially because in this case it doesn't matter since dacay brings you to 1 anyway.....is there something I miss apart have those numbers for the gimmick "666 - the number of the beast" thing? :?

Surely the idea is that by holding the light you will get enough troops to finish off the game. So, in that case, having a decay there is pretty pointless.

And, by the way, in christian mythology the opposite of 666 is 777, not 999. 7 is the number of the light and of perfection. 6 is the number of imperfection.
Major tokle

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:32 am

If I removed the angel and demon territs at the bottom, and made it more normal, then the huge bonus/decay can come back into play. It would seem a better option than having players stuck in limbo if they are knocked of the playing board.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:09 am

tokle wrote:
thenobodies80 wrote:I don't get the light bonus/decay thing....it seems to me you have to kill 50 troops to have a bonus of 999 troops (not autodeploy) but at the start of the turn you'll lose 666 troops on that territory due the decay. First of all I don't think someone will put a big number of troops on it knowing that he will lose 666 of them at the start of a turn, even if he can deploy 999. Second point if I receive 999 there're plenty better way to use those troops than waste 3/4 of them the next turn, specially because in this case it doesn't matter since dacay brings you to 1 anyway.....is there something I miss apart have those numbers for the gimmick "666 - the number of the beast" thing? :?

Surely the idea is that by holding the light you will get enough troops to finish off the game. So, in that case, having a decay there is pretty pointless.

And, by the way, in christian mythology the opposite of 666 is 777, not 999. 7 is the number of the light and of perfection. 6 is the number of imperfection.

Ah, but threes and nines in Christian mythology are representative of the Holy Trinity (as it is in Dante's Inferno), so it makes sense.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Demons & Angels [7/2] V6

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:16 am

Following on from nobodies advice, I have made the graphics bare so as to concentrate more on the game play side of things. The older versions are the ones with the look but this is the image to work on for now. Text has been made easier to read. Each level now has a lost soul - 2 normal territs - saved soul - 2 normal territs - lost soul and so on around. Bridges have been moved around to make it easier to move and to stop bottlenecks. The rule of lose your angel/demon lose the war has been removed. The bonus/decay for the light has been brought back. A large decay to take the troop numbers down to one and a large bonus to finish the war of.
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 am

A couple of pages of comments, in comes the mod to tone down the graphics :evil: and everything stops with the worst graphics this site has ever seen. :oops:

No support for this now, please bin it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:40 pm

I think there are a lot of other good topics out there, Koontz.

Keep striving.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Oneyed on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:58 pm

I think you can do something with graphics. this is the clearest version
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s41 ... gels-4.jpg

but I also like this except green background. here I agree with natty, red and green is not seemly for eyes (my)...
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s41 ... gels-5.jpg

I do not understand bonuses: Demon and lost souls +2, for how much lost souls you get +2? and why there is also Fight bonus: hold a Demon and any 5 lost souls +5? there is one bonus for this combination...

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: Demons & Angels [7/2] Vacation please.

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:48 am

This map wasn't stamped with the draft stamp yet, so following our guidelines, it can't be labeled as a vacationed project.
I'm going to move it to ideas.
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas