Conquer Club

Universe War III V3

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Universe War III V3

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Boler wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:The central part, do you mean that is a playable area? or is it a mini map?

Playable area. In fact, the central area is the main map, the 4 corner galaxies are just zooms of 4 of the galaxies in the center (You can see them, they're all underlined). All the galaxies that do not have corresponding insets would have an army circle next to them in the central map, if that makes any sense.

OK, now I am completely confused.
If the playable area is in the centre, why is is so small?
As the zoomed areas playable as well?
Why have 5 windows of playability?
Please try and help me understand.

Boler wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:Gimp or photoshop?

Neither. I use Paint.NET

Not sure you will get the required graphics out of this programme. :-s
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Boler on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:54 pm

koontz1973 wrote:OK, now I am completely confused.
Please try and help me understand.

I suppose I should of explained this a little better in the introduction of the map...

There are 24 starting territories, and they are all in the central map. Basically, every galaxy that doesn't have it's name underlined is a starting territory. The galaxies that do have underlines have an inset, because they are considerably more large than any of the non-underlined galaxies in real life and in the map.

The objective is, from your starting galaxies in the center, to move into any one of the 4 larger ones and establish a "base", from which you would proceed to attempt to conquer all the other galaxies. Every territory in the 4 larger galaxies would start with neutrals.

koontz1973 wrote:If the playable area is in the centre, why is is so small?
As the zoomed areas playable as well?
Why have 5 windows of playability?

The playable area in the center is small because there isn't enough room to make it larger. I have tested it, and all the army 88s would fit in though it is tight. I will definatly expand it.

Yes, all 5 windows are playable, this is what I feel makes the map intresting, but that's just personal taste. I could understand where people would be coming from if they say that's too confusing.

koontz1973 wrote:Not sure you will get the required graphics out of this programme. :-s

I think I could if I put time into it. Paint.NET is easy to work with, and it has all the required tools, Layers, Blurs, Noise, Glows, Bevel, Emboss, etc.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler

Postby Boler on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:59 pm

On another note, I haven't lost intrest in this map, but I'm going on a vacation for a while, and won't be able to work on this map for possibly quite a while.

I request it to be moved to the Recycling Bin for Abandonment until further notice.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:12 pm

[Moved]

As per map makers request.

koontz.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas