Let's see here;
Things you don't need to point out:
- the graphics are poor.
- the links between each region on an island are bad.
- the regions don't have names.
- the text is all crammed into that side.
Some important things about gameplay and the legend:
- The bonuses/troop numbers are inflated, not unlike City Mogul.
- Each player starts with one region from A-H (like the baseball map), which autodeploys, say, 5 troops.
- Regions A-H can attack all of the mainland bonuses, but nothing else. Mainland bonuses can't attack any region unless stated.
- Missing persons: should state that there is no bonus for the castaways unless this region is held.
- Guard house:...
- Fort: doesn't really do much, but I thought it would be interesting in terminator/escalating/assassin games as it makes that player harder to eliminate.
- Trade bonus: applies to the trade route bonus detailed lower down the image.
- Ships A and B:...
- If you only hold home regions (A-H) you are eliminated (losing condition). Note that this means the eliminator has to take your mainland bonuses and trade regions.
- Start positions A-H can't be attacked by anything, so the losing condition is important to this end.
- Each island (3/4 regions except the pirate island) gives a standard bonus of 10 troops if held.
- Each island will start with at least one programmed neutral, so no player ever drops with a bonus.
- It probably goes without saying that the mainland bonus regions begin as neutral, too.
That's about it. I should be coming along with some updates to make things easier to understand before too long.