Conquer Club

Human migration map [Idea]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Human migration map [Idea]

Postby Industrial Helix on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:41 am

Map Name:Human Migration
Mapmaker(s):Just an idea
Number of Territories:Not sure
Special Features:not sure
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:humans!!

I just came across a map of human migration and wondered about how to make it playable. So I thought I'd submit th idea here.

I kind of thought a race might be possible. Like everyone starts in Africa and then has to race to the end of their branch to claim a win,but in hindsight it seems too much like a chance deal amd not really fun...unless there were some way you could bombard and hinder another player's chances.

Or if the map also had territories and hold all on your branch is a win condition. Then you could at least conquer with a twist.

An even better idea is have a standard world map and then have branches as bonuses.

Here's the image I found:
Click image to enlarge.

I lik how on the map it looks like a group just came to north America and just decided Atlanta was the spot for them. Though, I relize the X is just another part of the map having to do with chromosomes or something.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Re: Human migration map [Idea]

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:57 am

SO blue for adam and yellow for eve and everything only expanding outwards? Hmm. Maybe it could work on a ... you have to move on when there are too many people in an area? Maybe a bit like checkers where red plays on the red squares and black plays on the black squares ... once you hit the end wall you can queen and then come back on red or black squares. Ie, expand only when allowed, get to the end and then funnel back on the other arrows? Could be hell to program but might work?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Re: Human migration map [Idea]

Postby Gillipig on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:34 am

If this idea only was thought of some years ago......I'd love to play it. Not now though.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas