Conquer Club

Futbol (Update 8/8) Vers. 1.7

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Futbol (Update 8/8) Vers. 1.7

Postby jdean1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Map Name: Futbol
Mapmaker(s): Jdean1-Gameplay, Aleena-Graphics
Number of Territories: 31
Special Features: Victory Condition: Must control both goalies, two refs, and both coaches.
Players can only attack Adjacent Opposing Players or/and Pass to adjacent Players of same color.
2 players near the ball are connected to it.
Ball acts as a capital which equals +1 Autodeploy
Starting Positions: Being Decided Upon
Coaches can attack any Ref and midfielder of their own color.
Ref 1 can attack any Blue Player, but resets to 2 neutral at your next turn.
Ref 2 is connected to both coaches.
Ref 3 can attack any Red Player, and resets to 2 neutral at your next turn.
All VIP are connected to each other and on a one way connection to the corresponding Refs.
Any Forward can attack an opposing goalie.
Goalies can only attack VIP's.

What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:
I feel we really need a Soccer/Futbol/Football map. I like the sports maps, so I wanna create another one for Conquer Club. It also has many cool elements and more elements to be added.

Map Image:
Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by jdean1 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Corporal jdean1

Re: Futbol

Postby jdean1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:14 am

I know it is a really quickly drawn draft, but I just wanted you to visualize my plan.
Corporal jdean1

Re: Futbol (Update 7/14)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:19 am

Hello - Welcome to CC and the Foundry ;-)

jdean1, glad to see another attempt at a football map but this does not meet drafting room standards so I have placed this into ideas for now. Will be happy to move it back later.

You should find some useful information about the map development in the [Official] Conquer Club Mapmaker Handbook
If you still have questions after browsing that guide, feel free to contact me via PM or ask any specific questions in the Foundry Discussions subforum - you should find people eager to help and give any advice in there.

Cheers,

koontz1973
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby waauw on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:56 am

I like the idea of you trying out a football map!!! :D
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:17 am

could be fun to have an option with team tactics, such as chosing before it starts what you want (and without knowing you opponent's tactic like irl, you would need to browse in his former games to see what he is likely to use), 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3..

is that an XML option?
Major betiko

Postby Aleena on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:44 am

I see it as a 1v1 map only...

I think it should have no bonuses - no drops - no standard deployment
instead the two spaces in the center get auto-deploy of 3 each turn and are a one way attack to a few of the spaces that circle the center...

(Not sure what the blue dots are)

Have both areas that block the goal (The Goallies) as a Killing Neutral - that each turn it turns back to a Neutral automatically of Qty 6 maybe?

The goals themselves are a trapped spot - from (The Goallies) they can assault the Goal - and move troops into the goal. But once in the goal - those troops can not do anything - no way to attack.. (or allow them to bombard the regions next to the goally on the other side - Basically trade score points for additional goally Support for opposite side of board.

Then have winning condition as the first player with like 30 troops in their goal..
Private 1st Class Aleena

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:18 pm

Aleena wrote:I see it as a 1v1 map only...

instead the two spaces in the center get auto-deploy of 3 each turn and are a one way attack to a few of the spaces that circle the center...

Have both areas that block the goal (The Goallies) as a Killing Neutral - that each turn it turns back to a Neutral automatically of Qty 6 maybe?

The goals themselves are a trapped spot - from (The Goallies) they can assault the Goal - and move troops into the goal. But once in the goal - those troops can not do anything - no way to attack.. (or allow them to bombard the regions next to the goally on the other side - Basically trade score points for additional goally Support for opposite side of board.

Then have winning condition as the first player with like 30 troops in their goal..

Ugh no thx... This map can do soo much better. All those are crazy ideas and this map does not need them.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby waauw on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:19 pm

betiko wrote:could be fun to have an option with team tactics, such as chosing before it starts what you want (and without knowing you opponent's tactic like irl, you would need to browse in his former games to see what he is likely to use), 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3..

is that an XML option?

It might indeed be fun if that it's possible,
also, maybe try and add something special in case you "score a goal"
Lieutenant waauw

Postby jdean1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:44 pm

betiko wrote:could be fun to have an option with team tactics, such as chosing before it starts what you want (and without knowing you opponent's tactic like irl, you would need to browse in his former games to see what he is likely to use), 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3..

is that an XML option?

I do not know if you can do that in XML.
Corporal jdean1

Postby jdean1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:45 pm

I was thinking maybe like a dream team or the U.S. National teams as the name of the players. Any suggestions?
Corporal jdean1

Postby jdean1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Aleena wrote:I see it as a 1v1 map only...

Ugh no thx... This map can do soo much better. All those are crazy ideas and this map does not need them.

What direction would you go then Bruce?
Corporal jdean1

Re: Futbol (Update 7/15)

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Something not as crazy as that...
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jdean1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:56 pm

I can't get the new image up.
Corporal jdean1

Postby Aleena on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Bruce is a strong supporter of small and simple games - and maybe not that big of a supporter of my ideas.... But he is a great map designer and you should listen to his advice, but stay focused on your over-all idea/concept.

I think you have a good start and some good ideas, I'll be watching this one develope..
Private 1st Class Aleena

Postby jdean1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:11 pm

I just need help with some of the designing. I am not the most skilled at GIMP. :(
Corporal jdean1

Postby jdean1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Update 1.1
Click image to enlarge.

What's new?
Soccer Ball added
Nicer look
Start of Naming Territories
Corporal jdean1

Postby jdean1 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Would anyone want to assist me in the GIMP department?
Corporal jdean1

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:40 pm

jdean1 wrote:Would anyone want to assist me in the GIMP department?

Do you mean answer some questions or take the project over?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby jdean1 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:43 pm

koontz1973 wrote:

I mean help me with GIMP, so it would be more of a co-op. I would do more on gameplay, and I would try to help some with GIMP and learn as I go.
Corporal jdean1

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:30 am

jdean1 wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

I mean help me with GIMP, so it would be more of a co-op. I would do more on gameplay, and I would try to help some with GIMP and learn as I go.

Most of the GIMP users here (myself included) have a lot of things going on. Your best bet to keep this alive and to get it to the end is to do it yourself. Learn the programme, it takes a lot of time and commitment but it can be done with some effort. Remember, we all started somewhere and as far as I know, none of us have graphic experience before we started.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby betiko on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 am

jdean1 wrote:I was thinking maybe like a dream team or the U.S. National teams as the name of the players. Any suggestions?

Lol, thought you said "dream team of us national players". Hat would ve been some joke. Not sure you re allowed to put the name of real life players though.
Major betiko

Postby jdean1 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:56 pm

I am attempting to learn GIMP.
Corporal jdean1

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:58 am

jdean1 wrote:I was thinking maybe like a dream team or the U.S. National teams as the name of the players. Any suggestions?

Honestly, if you did this, you would get sued. Most names of famous players are copyrighted. Secondly, even though most players on CC are American, America is not really the market to aim a football map towards. You need to go global with this idea. Stay away from teams, current players etc. You can go down the homage route of using really old players names (some very famous ones like Banks (England) or Puskás (Hungary). But your best bet would be to just use normal names.

Right now, you have a huge map, very little going on, try to think of ways to get more action involved. Look at the cricket map and the way it involves scoring, police, the stands and even the bar.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby jdean1 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:03 pm

koontz1973 wrote:

Honestly, if you did this, you would get sued. Most names of famous players are copyrighted. Secondly, even though most players on CC are American, America is not really the market to aim a football map towards. You need to go global with this idea. Stay away from teams, current players etc. You can go down the homage route of using really old players names (some very famous ones like Banks (England) or Puskás (Hungary). But your best bet would be to just use normal names.

Right now, you have a huge map, very little going on, try to think of ways to get more action involved. Look at the cricket map and the way it involves scoring, police, the stands and even the bar.

Of course more is to be incorporated. I would also like to announce Aleena, will be assisting me and showing me some stuff with GIMP, thank you.
Corporal jdean1

Postby Aleena on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Here is a suggestion of the route you might want to go graphically....

Click image to enlarge.

ok I added spaces for refs and coaches and added more spaces in the larger portion of the field...

We still need to label all spaces and make them a clear connection with each other - I'm thinking maybe a grid system will be the best way to go....

Once the map locations and connections are clear, I can go back over the map and add players running around the field, images for the refs and the coaches,,, Even place the ball somewhere on the field....

Click image to enlarge.

Map the areas different colors
Clear for refs and coaches
then red/blue for the players on the fields..
Reduced the number of areas to eqaul the # of players only...
Split up the big area into 6 smaller areas which each having 2 players in them a piece...

This is what I came up with based on your suggested changes...
What do you and the rest of the public think?

Click image to enlarge.

Added a few players on the field

Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by Aleena on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private 1st Class Aleena

Next

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas