Conquer Club

Target Practice(Idea that needs a mapmaker, or ideas ...)

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Target Practice(Idea that needs a mapmaker, or ideas ...)

Postby kwolff on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:42 pm

This is just an idea on how to make a big map ..

This is very rough(just a thought) but with inspiration from sully800 I was thinking about the 84 country map thing.........the problem is with 84 countries is fitting it on the limited space to make a map on cc..........................the only way I could think of is a shooting range feel .....................I am not going to try to make a map (I tried with Pitttsburgh and just couldnt do it) , however if someone wants to run with the map part of it I would be happy to do the xml for it (same with the Pittsburgh map) .........................I have time for that part , just no skill with the map design ..........................

This map would have 14 continents made up of 6 countries each ....It would wrap from side to side and top to bottom.............It wouldve been a nice map for the battle royale thing......................I dont know if theres interest in the idea and someone wants to be artistic and do the map part let me know ......just an idea i wanted to get out

Then outside continents would be named by number with countries being named by letters leaving room for army numbers (preferably without shadows).........if this flies the middle is up to imagination ( I was thinking a body target turned sideways in the middle but lets see what peeps say about this)[/b]
Last edited by kwolff on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Major kwolff

Postby sully800 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:30 pm

What's really funny is I have been thinking about a map being made of a target or multiple targets...possibly a dart board...because I thought the idea of a center country connecting to many others was interesting. Then I saw the title of this thread, and I was interested. Then I saw I partially inspired it and I was thinking "What the heck, I don't believe I ever mentioned my target idea!!" :P

Anyway, I like the idea of a lot of countries, many continents, AND a target based map so this plan is pretty appealing to me. I think an interesting way to do it might be to include a bunch of different targets....some with multiple rings, a body target like you suggested. If no one else is interested I might put a bit of work into designing this week...
Major sully800

Postby AndrewO on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:46 am

I think it certainly sounds interesting
Lieutenant AndrewO

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:54 pm

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Major Marvaddin

Postby kwolff on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:05 pm

whats that marvaddin...............nice comments..........this is why all the maps are the same on this site

did i say this was a map.....
did i say this is exactly what its going to look like .....
have some fn imagination....and see what it could be.........
its about the only way i see there being a big map on the site with limited space................800 x 600
do you know a better way to do it then put it out there instead of :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea:

sully was right every just about every map on the site is the same thing over and over again, and yea its new and different , but they are mostly the same formula..................

this map wouldve made that battle royale nice with everyone getting two countries to start with(42 army colors wouldve helped too lol)

if it doesnt work , it doesnt work ....at least it wouldnt be the same old shit

when someone tries to do some things out of the box , all you hear in the replies are .....ohhh too many countries, combine some of them .........continents are way too big = i may have to fight to get one of those ................

just saying to get out of the box man ...........
Major kwolff

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:13 pm

Try and come up with a better visual, give the continents and their territories names, this is still a very rough draft i am sure... which is why there havent been too many comments on it.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby kwolff on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:21 pm

TO make this clear ....I am not making this map .....it is just an idea on how to build a huge map that would fit under the conditions on this site........(I will put this under the title also just to reinforce this.....
Major kwolff

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:43 pm

Then this idea would be better suited in the Map Ideas Thread. ;)

--Andy
Last edited by AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:44 pm

About all maps being the same: :lol: :lol: :lol:
About the regularity of continents in this idea: :x
About the shape of the continents and countries: :x
About names of the continents and countries: :x
About the general appeal of this idea: :x :x :x

Who said we dont have a map like this (the single main difference is the number of countries):
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 41&start=0

Same idea, regular things are very boring, and this is incredibly without appeal. Cant you imagine an interesting map with 84 countries and 12 continents? Size is not an excuse.

And you forgot some emoticons: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: How could you?? :x
Major Marvaddin

Postby kwolff on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:06 pm

well size is an excuse because of practicality........lets see hmmmm lets put names in all the countries, your answer.....

1. they are too jammed togeather
2. no room for amries
3. they are bumping into each other
4. those names suck even though they are part of the theme of the map
5.on outside continents (basically same as circus maximus, just on a way easier to read, understand,, scale)

well appealing?

that would be up to the person making the map i dont see why done properly it couldnt be done......there are plenty of target games out there that are appealing.......

as far as intersesting

1. there are plenty of attacking angles on this map many more than on the one in you link......

2. the wrap around both ways is interesting ......

3. the fact that there is 84 countries would make it interesting

basically you contradicted your self in your statement

"same idea, regular things are very boring ".......which is what using the same formula on maps create ..............

and as far as this idea being the same as your link open your eyes ...way different ........

like i said you do only have a limited space 800x 600- 700 ....so this would be the only way i see doing an 84 country map that would be user friendly .........
Major kwolff

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:14 pm

Marvaddin wrote:About all maps being the same: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, well, so I assume we maybe should live without a map of 84 countries, then. :mrgreen:
Major Marvaddin

Postby sully800 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:48 pm

What about just a dart board for a map? That would yield 82 countries and is already in one of the most compact forms possible for a map with many countries. Unfortunately the naming system would have to be similar to that of circus maximus, but I think it would be interesting because it would have a huge number of countries and the gameplay would be very different than most maps (everything revolves around the center.
Major sully800

Postby sully800 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:55 pm

The continents would be difficult to break up in any standard matter. Perhaps each triangle for each number could be a continent. Which would be 20 + another for the bullseye area. Absurd I know, but very different. Each continent would have to have an identical bonus. Perhaps a bonus of 2. Hard to decide because they would contain 4 countries and 4 borders. Easy to capture but hard to hold...you just don't want to make the bonuses very high because it would be easy to expand and gain a lot of them if that was the case.
Major sully800

Postby sully800 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:56 pm

Here's a visual if people aren't familiar with what I'm talking about.

Major sully800

Postby gavin_sidhu on Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:35 am

omg kwolff your posts are so annoying to read. whats with all the dots and space.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby kwolff on Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:46 am

lol sorry just try to space it out alittle ..............................i will try to do better...................oooopsss
Major kwolff

Postby gavin_sidhu on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:38 am

kwolff wrote:lol sorry just try to space it out alittle ..............................i will try to do better...................oooopsss

lol and damn u.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby kwolff on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:41 am

Seriously though I will try to do better during posting.
Major kwolff

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas