bryguy wrote:heres an example of what i think it should look more like...
sorry its so dark, i did something wrong making the parchment and it ended up dark
edit: oh, and i have a couple of lines that i just drew in randomly that show theres room for territories and such
bryguy wrote:looking good!
1) You put a hole in the paper on both flowers, so you need to do the same thing to the flowers there. And once you do that, redo the color around the parchment, so it includes the holes
2) Englands size needs to be increases slightly. Try rotating it to the right a little and then expanding it. But if you do that, add a compass somewhere on the map to show that north is slightly to the left, and to show that england is rotated.
3) The territories are a little small, but increasing englands size should fix that
4) Some of the territories need some work
5) Theres not much contrast between water and land.
bspride wrote:And i dont have any water...
bryguy wrote:bspride wrote:And i dont have any water...
oh... maybe for that, fuzzy select the area around england, and fill that with a color darker than the parchment (same shade, but darker) and then set that layer to 28-50% opacity
bryguy wrote:1) Something I forgot to mention. The sides are still a little rough. Maybe try saving it, then zooming in to 800% and taking a small fuzzy 3 paintbrush around the edges. Dont do slow, careful motions, but rather fast, semi-careful motions. That way, since its at 800%, if you mess up slightly and cut into it, it should'nt make much of a difference.
2) Lower the opacity on the flowers. They are to bright and colorful compared to the rest of the map, so lowering the opactiy to 50 or below should help. Also, try playing around with the layer modes.
3) The title is also to bright, and its to blurry. Looks like your using Blackmoor LET, which is a pretty good choice, but maybe try adding some different fonts to your GIMP that may work better. Maybe something like this: http://www.dafont.com/olde-english.font
If you cant figure out how to get it into GIMP, just drop me a pm
4) Also, dont rotate it. Make sure its just the right size so that it fits between the top of the red flower and that small hole in the paper right next to the northern tip of england. Also, maybe have the color black, and again lower the opacity to 50% or lower.
5) For a compass, you first need more room for it. Try stretching the width of the parchment some (50-100 pixels) and then you should have more room. And maybe after stretching it center england on it, and center the parchment.
Be sure to save before you try doing any of these things. Its always good to be careful!
bspride wrote:5. Cant really stretch the parchment...My map is already at the limits for size... 840 * 800
bryguy wrote:bspride wrote:5. Cant really stretch the parchment...My map is already at the limits for size... 840 * 800
stretching just the parchment shouldnt affect the canvas size. It will just make the parchment larger on the table
Users browsing this forum: No registered users