samuelc812 wrote:t-o-m wrote:e_pi wrote:#
# Everything on my map has a layer style, everything on many maps have layer styles - it's called graphic design
What map is yours again?
I didnt know you made maps
*He is making the map of the antarctic, where have you been!!!
That's a map?
It looks like a dog did a shit on some paper and someone smushed it around.t-o-m wrote:I dont like this because:
- It's basically just Imperium Romanium layout and areas, although i understand that its different gameplay
- There are loads of maps that have/include Europe as a main place
- This is an EXTREME case of poor textures/bevels - they look like someone has just thrown them on
- EVERYTHING in the map has a layer style, which is just not doing it for me/
*And i realise it was critiscism and it was fine the first time you posted it but to post it twice after i had already read your comment was unecessary, we already knew your opinion
The map can change, and for the better, i gave reasons that you could work on to make it more appealing, and since there was a new page, i thought you may have missed the comment.
But now i see that you just ignored it and didnt address it or even comment saying "no gfy"
MrBenn wrote:As I said previously, you have a nice draft image here Given the quality of it, some of the following comments might sound a little nit-picky, but it looks like you should be able to cope
1. I think that the texture all over the map is a bit too much, and isn't particularly easy on the eye. I'd suggest trying to tone them down a bit.
2. There is inconsistency in the thickness of your borders... just compare the Morocco/Bechar border to the Israel/Jordan one
3. Some of your borders don't meet, or appear a bit 'clumpy' at the joins.
4. The border around the non-playable bit of Russia looks quite blurry
5. I like the colours you have used, although I'm not too sure how they balance for colourblind players... It might be worth sticking some army numbers on the map to see if there is much of a colour-clash? Clicky link to army number image
6. As far as gameplay goes, I am not sure whether you intend the Med to be generally impassable (like the Glacier on the Iceland map), or if there will be some crossing points across the sea? I think either option will be fine, but I would suggest that you think about this next, along with how/where you are going to join the islands to the mainland
Ruben Cassar wrote:Where is Malta?
Ruben Cassar wrote:Why is Corsica labelled as Sardinia?
Ruben Cassar wrote:And what have Germany and the Ukraine have to do with the Mediterranean? I don't think the name is suitable for this map as there are many countries/cities which have got nothing to do with the Mediterranean sea.
Wikipedia wrote:The Mediterranean Basin refers to the lands around and surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea. In biogeography, the Mediterranean Basin refers to the lands around the Mediterranean Sea that have a Mediterranean climate, with mild, rainy winters and hot, dry summers, which supports characteristic Mediterranean forests, woodlands, and shrub vegetation.
samuelc812 wrote:Here is a small update, i have added the 88's
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest