Martin Ronne wrote:Wow, looks great. Lets hope no one gives you any flack for the subject.
jbrettlip wrote:How would anyone attack CIA? Perhaps include in each building an elevator territory, and a front door. THis would increase the number of territories, and allow logical access to the areas.
miniwally wrote:oh i only just realised it's a random dot on the street with a label CIA documents if it's part of the objective put it on key also the grapics could do wih some improvement but for a first draft it's good all the dots seem randomly placed though and you need attack routes
oaktown wrote:at some point there will have to be a conversation around the taste level of this map idea...
oaktown wrote:Hey demonfork... it wasn't my intention to start an argument with you. I fully understand that war, death, and destruction is at the center of the CC game, and to say that a map shouldn't be made because it depicts an act of aggression can sound a bit hollow from anybody who is a regular here (like me).
That said, having been around the Foundry for a while I've seen some nasty debates about whether or not a subject is appropriate because some subjects hit a little too close to home. The Iraq map was pretty emotional to some, as was the drug war map. And any attempt to depict the holy land - or even any suggestion of making such a map - ends in tears!
I wasn't alive when JFK was assassinated, so while it was a tragedy the event doesn't hit me very personally. But as it is a subject that will be very personal to some, I just want to caution you to tread carefully, be prepared for criticism about the subject (and the suggestion that a government/CIA conspiracy assassinated our the president), and most importantly keep the taste-level of the map high, which I believe you intend on doing.
BrendanGillis wrote:The concept is great but there is definitely a lot to work on. Here are my suggestions...
1. Most importantly, you're gonna have to redraw this one from scratch, using the picture you have as a guide (unless you have Paul J. Burke's permission, that is). Keep in mind that you need to resize your map, as the Drafting Room guidelines state that draft images should not be larger than 630x600px (small image) or 840x800px (large image).
2. There is way too much white space, you need to fill that with more of the local geography, a picture of JFK maybe (make sure it's public domain) and nicer looking legends, titles, etc. It also might help to zoom in on the area you currently have displayed or change the perspective, as that would kill some of the dead areas you have now.
3. Remove dots and replace with images of the things they represent. The snipers on the roof could easily be drawn in, as well as the cars in the motorcade, Zapruder, bystanders. Also sniper 1 is the reputed location of Lee Harvey Oswald, and it makes sense too label it as such. Whether you think he did it or not his name is forever connected with this day and he is of historical significance. If you're a conspiracy theorist, just put his last name in 'scare quotes' .
4. Try to carve up the space (within reason) with some kinda lines to make more territories, even if its just a piece of bare pavement with nothing on it. (See the feudal war map for an example of nice subtle territory boundaries). Don't do this to the wall of buildings, just the ground and maybe rooftops. Essentially treat the buildings as unplayable areas other their roofs/windows/doors/entry points.
5. You need to develop your attacking lines somehow, the gameplay aspect of this one is gonna be a handful.
6. Lastly, you gotta have a grassy knoll (it's near zapruder, just re-label). Those are the two words that pop into my head when i think about the Kennedy assassination...
Users browsing this forum: Jujubeets