Conquer Club

Game Statistics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game Statistics

Postby BunnRee on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:45 am

Like the knowledge of what my team and I have coming and our totals. However, think it is a disadvantage for a strong or weak player to have their terrys available at a glance to all gamers. It takes all of the fun out of strategizing, numerous calculations, and sorting through scraps of paper all around my computer. That is the best part of playing these games. In my opinion, you have reduced this venue to just luck and the roll of the dice. BunnRee
Last edited by BunnRee on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook BunnRee

Postby 2261981 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:15 am

Recently I have been thinking of getting a premium membership. That thought has left the building. The new update totally takes the fun out of the game for me, and dumbs down the game for everyone playing. Fog of war games are no longer appealing AT ALL & to be frank, I’m not happy in the least with this change.
Lieutenant 2261981

Postby niMic on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:22 am

My monitor is big enough that I can see both the stats and the large map, but I still think it looks bad.

Also, the new clock is not an improvement.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 am

2261981 wrote:Recently I have been thinking of getting a premium membership. That thought has left the building. The new update totally takes the fun out of the game for me, and dumbs down the game for everyone playing. Fog of war games are no longer appealing AT ALL & to be frank, I’m not happy in the least with this change.

I don't get this. If you don't like it, that's one thing, but nothing has changed about fog of war games. The same information is shared that was always shared. Were you people really playing fog of war with no clue how many regions your opponents had?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby sideshownick on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:28 am

Ever since you guys made the changes,,,I CANT PLAY....Always coming up with a communication error.....Whats the deal???
Private 1st Class sideshownick

Postby nesterdude on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:51 am

Overall I dont' like it ... it's going to take some getting used to.
however, is it possible to move the "spoils" back to where they were left of the name? In many of my games I have to scroll over to see that info and for esc games, that's the information you want ot know first.
High: 08 Dec. 08; Pts: 3141 Ranking: 57 Rank: Brig
Lordhaha is my hero too.
Cook nesterdude

Postby nesterdude on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:51 am

hahaha3hahaha wrote:It's called BOB you lazy shits.

and thank you.
Lordhaha is my hero too.
Cook nesterdude

Postby Duality. on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:57 am

This should be optional, basically. Anyone who uses BOB is going to find this piece of shit seriously annoying. People who don't want to use BOB, or can't use it, can use these game statistics... Making it optional would please a lot of people.
Sergeant 1st Class Duality.

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:07 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=102768

I made a poll. Hopefully will be useful.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby endar1077 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:29 am

Wow, this is really annoying, actually. It doesn't help anybody who already knows about Bob, and in fact, it only screws them up!

I only read a few of the other complaints, but my major one is that the spoils are the ONLY ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY information, and yet it is all the way on the very far right! If I'm going to have to put up with this, please make the spoils the FIRST column, so that I can actually see it when I look there. It's the only thing that really matters!

But seriously, this would all be fixed by having it be an "option". We already do it with large/small map and letters for the colors, so why not do it for this? Just please give me an option to turn it off!

Now that I've said all that, I think I'd also like to say that I don't understand why this update was rushed. You say in the head post that "Now we've got it, let's figure out where to put it so that it isn't annoying". It seems like this update shouldn't have been released until that was figured out.

That said, I don't mean to complain too much all at once. I should mention briefly that this is a great site, and I think this is the first cause-more-damage-than-good update, which says a lot. Many sites do this sort of stuff all the time, so kudos to you guys for having it right most of the time. : )
Last edited by endar1077 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Highest score: Colonel, 2786, #124
Major endar1077

Postby musteriuz on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:30 am

I've always hated the mere existence of BOB and this just puts BOB on there for everyone. Instead of making BOB available to all, I would have preferred its having been disabled, demolished and destroyed. Sure, the stats have always been there for those who were willing to look for it. Concentrating, scrolling through logs, counting - those are all the elements of this game's strategy, which has now been obliterated completed and finally. Shouldn't you rather have looked at a way to stop the "dice roll hijackers"? (And, did I mention, kill BOB?)
Highest score: 2159 Highest rank: 486
(How are the mighty fallen)
[Tourney achievements are on my wall]
Sergeant 1st Class musteriuz

Postby nesterdude on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:42 am

And now the stupid clock keeps going up and down changing from code to actual time...so I hvae to time hitting "attack" etc, and don't even get me started on changing troop numbers...grrrrrrrr
Lordhaha is my hero too.
Cook nesterdude

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:48 am

nesterdude wrote:And now the stupid clock keeps going up and down changing from code to actual time...so I hvae to time hitting "attack" etc, and don't even get me started on changing troop numbers...grrrrrrrr

Are you using BOB? If so, installing the latest update will fix that.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby nesterdude on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:54 am

nope first thing I tried.
El no worko
Lordhaha is my hero too.
Cook nesterdude

Postby nesterdude on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:55 am

musteriuz wrote:I've always hated the mere existence of BOB and this just puts BOB on there for everyone. Instead of making BOB available to all, I would have preferred its having been disabled, demolished and destroyed. Sure, the stats have always been there for those who were willing to look for it. Concentrating, scrolling through logs, counting - those are all the elements of this game's strategy, which has now been obliterated completed and finally. Shouldn't you rather have looked at a way to stop the "dice roll hijackers"? (And, did I mention, kill BOB?)

Actually BoB is good because it's so easy to individually manipulate...this is static, doesn't move...BoB allows choice, this is forced.
Lordhaha is my hero too.
Cook nesterdude

Postby Falkomagno on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:11 pm

It can be possible to put that nw chart of statis below the map??' it's taking to much space if the map.

Please¡¡
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby soccerghost on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:14 pm

Nice idea, to put spoils on the left....makes it easier for speed games
Winner:
Three Strikes and You're Out
GR’s Common Map Tour
Ever Decreasing Circles II
Serbia's Euro 2012(Czech Republic)
Game 5955212
Game 6000000
Game 6760347
Game 10361079
Game 10364001
Game 10881389
Why did Bobby drop his Ice Cream?
He was hit by a bus.
Cook soccerghost

Postby Moonchild on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:15 pm

please turn this f..ing thing off!
I can't see how much time i have in my games, everything vibrates with each bloody second, it is unbearable!
Score: 2702
Colonel Moonchild

Postby Tisha on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Moonchild wrote:please turn this f..ing thing off!
I can't see how much time i have in my games, everything vibrates with each bloody second, it is unbearable!

updating BOB fixes that

Scott-Land wrote:Hmm, can no longer highlight Team 2 to see which territories are occupied. Still works for Team 1 so I'm assuming it's a bug?

the highlighter still doesn't work for team two... :?
Major Tisha

Postby Brann2006 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:25 pm

starting to look good now with the fixed up details :)
Major Brann2006

Postby Brann2006 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:26 pm

next step might be to get the my games clock to time down aswell. :)
Major Brann2006

Postby lackattack on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:28 pm

I made a few changes based on your feedback:

* Moved spoils to the first column
* Eliminated players now show 0 troops due instead of 3
* Added horizontal lines and alternated background colours to help distinguish which stats belong to which player

I have yet to decide on moving the stats, I'd like to collect some more feedback in the Game Layout Discussion first.

If you use BOB and don't want extra stats on the screen - BOB can be updated to hide things on the game screen and I think that is the best approach. I think the correct place to suggest it is here.

Even if it is not always positive, I appreciate the feedback!
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Brann2006 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:31 pm

lackattack, its a good update, and you really dont need to remove it. BUT, you could do as some of us have said, make an disable button or and old school button. So we could choose ourself how we want it. :)
Major Brann2006

Postby Jace-N on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:33 pm

I don't care either way because I don't pay attention to it anyway. Whether it stays up or not is of no concern to me =D>
Cook Jace-N

Postby laddida on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:34 pm

i dont mind the change as long as it worked here at my workd computer and i was worried but everything seems to be fine. I use bob only at home but as soon as a bob update comes out to keep the screen from jumping every time a second passes ill be luke warm about the update it wont affect me personally in anyway you can keep it leave it make it optional i dun care :-P. But ill be happier once bob is more compatable with this current update.
General laddida

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives