Game Statistics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game Statistics

Postby laddida on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:30 pm

sherkaner wrote:
laddida wrote:what do i do if im not allowed to download anything or update anything on a computer in which im forced to take over 90% of my cc time at? I dont wanna be forced to only play 2 or 3 games either this doesnt bold well for me and my future here. And yes even java is not allowed on my work computer i wish though. Will i still be able to log on from there without java?

Javascript (not Java) is used on most internet pages, like gmail and a lot of other sites. There are some obscure browsers that don't have it, and some very stubborn ppl in some companies could say it's a security risk (though that was years ago). Naah, I think Lack's quite safe with this update, I'd be amazed if it doesn't work for everyone.

ill find out tomorrow for sure. But your probably right ill be fine.
General laddida

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (7)

Postby The Voice on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:31 pm

Messes with BOB and Foggy games. Bad update
Colonel The Voice

Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby siukong on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:35 pm

This is definitely going to change things. No longer will I have to always point out when another player is expanding completely unchecked and has as many troops as all other players combined. But it will also be much more difficult to try and quietly build up my own strength unnoticed.

I'm also curious about how this will work in fog of war games. Will general reinforcements be shown but not spoils (ie like before you'll know how many territories/troops due an enemy has but not necessarily their overall strength or their continents)?

Not sure if I like some of the changes this move suggests, but overall I think game quality will go up (there should be a large drop in some common "balanced play" mistakes which basically give the game to a particular player). I just hope it doesn't swing the other way where every other game is of the "100+ rounds of each player fortifying" type.
Cadet siukong

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby AeroMate on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:35 pm

GREAT! But this sounds like another thing to help the noobs win 8( What I see is the playing field getting more equal. The NOOBZ will join higher ranks games in hopes of winning because of the imbalance/balance. A filter should be introduced but, you have plenty to do.
Captain AeroMate

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)

Postby id3o on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Javascript ... some very stubborn ppl in some companies could say it's a security risk (though that was years ago).

omg. this is a pretty naive statement.
if you'd like, i could point you some 'harmless' javascript.
there's plenty of examples out there waiting to pwn you.
Private id3o

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:38 pm

great update, thanks lack!

Anyone who complains about noobs winning more easily are obviously farmers and should be ashamed of continuing to exist! Just learn to play better...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Mad-elph on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:39 pm

giantrascal wrote:I think it is a great update except for in 'fog of war' games simply because of the 'armies due' tab. Other than this, the update seems amazing!!!
Great work lack :)

For those complaining about fog of war games, it has always stated before hand in the game log "received 3 troops for 4 regions" or whatever. It was always there to be seen and all you had to do was read to see if someone attacked them since their last turn to figure out how many they had. This just takes the guess work out. The info was always there, you just had to scroll a little.

Furthermore it doesn't divulge how many armies are coming. It lease it as a "?"

Lazy buggers!
Lieutenant Mad-elph

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Zarg78 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:45 pm

[quote="lackattack"]Game Stats

Note to users of the "BOB" community plugin: This update breaks BOB's compatibility with Conquer Club, but sherkaner (who is maintaining the script) has graciously programmed a new version (4.9.7) special for this update, so please upgrade.

Greetings,

Just updated BOB to the latest version (4.9.7) but it hasn't fixed the problem.
Is the update specific to only Windows IE or should it work on all browsers like Firefox and Safari?

It's a fair idea, but would need to think about placing it somewhere else. Below attack/reinforce action section under map, maybe?

Thanks.
Live long and prosper.
Zarg78
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
Too fucked up to care any more,
(From Somewhat Damaged by Nine Inch Nails)
Private 1st Class Zarg78

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby Georgije on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:46 pm

It looks really nice, but i do not like the fact that now everybody can see how many territories other people have in games with fog of war. like in one game i have been doing very well until now (i have almost half of the map), but i'm worried it's game over for me once the other players see how many territories i have.

i know it was possible to find this out by looking at the log before, but i think most people were too lazy to do that. So i'd like it if the number of territories wasn't shown in fog of war games
Major Georgije

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby MyTurnToWin on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:55 pm

Great!

With my not running too well computer, I was reluctant to download Firefox, grease monkey and BOB... I figured the poor ol' thing would expire with the "overload". Now I, too, can have statistics at my fingertips.

Oh, and my monitor loves it because I no longer have to count and be constantly touching the screen with my fingertip.

Thanks for the update. And a big laugh to all the point farmers who have lost some of their edge with new and/or unsuspecting players.
Lieutenant MyTurnToWin

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12)
Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby KidWhisky on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:55 pm

Oh man this is fantastic. Thanks Lack!! Now I don't have to load the log and scroll tons to find out who is first on my elimination list. =D> =D>
Baby, When You Look This Good, You Don't Have To KNOW Anything.

"You? Whats To Know? Your A Punk, A Rank Amature...Still If It's A Whoopin Your A Wantin!
Lieutenant KidWhisky

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Georgije on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:56 pm

and another thing, what does "Due" mean?

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out :D
Last edited by Georgije on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Georgije

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby kgbpizza on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Generally I like the addition.... although I noticed that in Fog games it still displays the total region count for each player. I wonder if that can be changed somehow. Otherwise happy.
Lieutenant kgbpizza

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby Mommy2Jesse on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Nice!
The only complaint I have is the way it makes the game look on my browser, but other than that.. I'm pleased. :D
Private 1st Class Mommy2Jesse

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:03 pm

lackattack wrote:These stats do not slow the game down. I don't see any good reason to disable them.

Personally I find them in my way and very annoying. I would love to disable them. They are just a waste of space to me. I can count on my own.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Lieutenant Bruceswar

Medals: 143
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (20) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (2)

Postby joeaggie98 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:05 pm

I like this.
Sergeant 1st Class joeaggie98

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)

Postby TeeGee on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:07 pm

kgbpizza wrote:Generally I like the addition.... although I noticed that in Fog games it still displays the total region count for each player. I wonder if that can be changed somehow. Otherwise happy.

people who use BoB (like myself) have had access to this information for a long time.. it evens it out for all.

I could have used this update 2 days ago as I have been away and didnt have access to firefox and BoB.. Nice work Lack =D>
Captain TeeGee
Head Global Moderator
Head Global Moderator

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (6) General Contribution (7)

Postby DRA333 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:10 pm

I'm afraid I have to disagree, I don't like it! This information was already out there, but previously you had to be bothered to work it out to use it to your advantage, which for me was part of the game! I saw it as my advantage that I always kept track of it by using the game log whereas others clearly didn't. Now that's been taken away and it's all alot more visual! But that's just my opinion.
Corporal 1st Class DRA333

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby NAVYSEAL888 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:11 pm

THIS MADE ME SO HAPPY

I almost never go on the forum, but thanks CC. No more days of figuring the opponents' bonuses.
Corporal 1st Class NAVYSEAL888

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:13 pm

So no disable button. Thats a shame. I prefer to use bob. I dont like change :P
Its really in the way and annoying me
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Postby GenuineEarlGrey on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:15 pm

lackattack wrote:These stats do not slow the game down. I don't see any good reason to disable them.

Lack,

Could you please tell me how they possibly can't slow the game down? Every roll now has to update the BOB info on the screen.

Whether they slow the game down noticably or not is another matter. As I've already said, to your supprot, early Monday morning is not the best time to judge the server I use.

E.G.
Sergeant 1st Class GenuineEarlGrey

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: Game Page Layout Discussion

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:19 pm

alex951 wrote:to be honest i'm willing to quit cc just because of this shit update no joke thats how bad it is

Hahaha
Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby Simreth on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:21 pm

I think it is really great however, I would suggest putting the "Action" bar below the stats, for those of us who are playing on bigger maps with smaller screens it is a pain to scroll up and down, it would be better and easier if we had the "action" bar below the stats.

Note: Just so we are all talking about the same thing, the action bar/display is where you your deployment, assaults and reinforcements are chosen.

Tell me what you think.
Sergeant Simreth

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby equalpants on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:22 pm

I think the spoils column should be the leftmost. It's the most important one, especially in escalating games, so it should be the one that's least likely to require scrolling to see. The others you can get a sense of by looking at the board; spoils are the only information that you *need* to see on the side.
Major equalpants

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby sully800 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:22 pm

This is a great update for leveling the playing field, so I'm thrilled to finally see it.

There is a large number of people in this thread screaming "Now I can't can an advantage by counting territories and calculating troops due!" Those who feel that way should be very thankful for this update, because the same stats have been available for almost 4 years through grease monkey scripts. Now, instead of doing a bunch of work to only be at a slight disadvantage you are on a level field with everyone who uses BOB, and it requires no work.

CC should strive to take away any advantages that user scripts can give (to make the site more friendly for the casual player and new recruit) and this update is an enormous stretch in the right direction. Now all we need are site-wide clickable maps, and things will be MUCH more fair and user friendly :D
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives