Conquer Club

Nuclear Spoils (and more!)

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Nuclear Spoils (and more!)

Postby dcowboys055 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:50 am

I love the nuclear spoils option, thanks lack :D
Captain dcowboys055

Postby General Brewsie on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:32 am

The people who poured so much effort into developing the latest changes are heroes. What a lot of work! Most of the changes, from my point of view, are significant improvements and I'm sure many of them are hidden in programming changes.

Only one whine, for the moment and it's really only intended to be me casting my one little vote. That big white space that now exists on the right side of the map would be better used by returning the list of players, the time and the stats to it. These data ARE useful during the play of the game and it would be better to not have to scroll around to see them.

The nuke option is intriguing, but without having tested it I'm dubious. The frustration of losing several turns of hard work may be too much. But then the fun of frustrating the bad guys may offset that. :lol: So it will be a fun experiment and once again is grounds for another thank you for all the work that went into giving the rest of us another source of fun.
This is an add-on to the above. I just played a round in one of my active games and find this new layout to be very difficult. Having the list of names above the map obviates the possibility of placing the cursor over a player's name and seeing his positions light up on the map. The entire map doesn't fit on the screen with the entire list of names. This is a very serious degradation and I think its correction should not wait until January. Please move the list of names back down to the side immediately!
Lieutenant General Brewsie

Postby remydog on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:30 am

For those of us who use BOB, we already have extended stats listed, so the basic stats are not really needed. Is there a way to program it so that the stats are turned off altogether?
Sergeant 1st Class remydog

Postby Order of Chaos on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:42 am

Seconding (or thirding, etc?) the request to please put game type and spoils info back where it was below the map. Having it above causes additional scrolling.
Corporal 1st Class Order of Chaos

Postby sherkaner on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:42 am

remydog wrote:For those of us who use BOB, we already have extended stats listed, so the basic stats are not really needed. Is there a way to program it so that the stats are turned off altogether?

There's an option Default stats in the View-menu of BOB, it hides the default stats.

Falkomagno wrote:everything it's mix up..not clickable map...not BOB...the information is down is way to much better...pleaseĀ”Ā”Ā”help meĀ”Ā”

Ehm, just update both BOB and CM, CM through the link in the start-post of the thread...
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Sniper08 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:19 am

This new look is horrible, please change it back.

Sometimes change is not always good and in this case its NOT.The nuclear spoils i really like but the new layout is just horrible.Put the game information back below the map where it belongs.I dont have a problem with the side stats since i can change it in game settings.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Keredrex on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Overall i like the changes.., except, for the stats now at the top of the map.
why cant we have that info on the side above the names... there is plenty of room And leave the spoils directly below the map and above the Combat box like before

Game 6132524
Round 1
[refresh map] [smaller map]
[remove colour codes] [side stats]

Game Type: Standard
Initial Troops: Automatic
Play Order: Sequential
Spoils: Flat Rate
Reinforcements: Unlimited
Fog of War: No

Players

* 0 S0 r:player
* 0 S0 g:player
* 0 S0 b:player
* 0 S0 y:player
* 1 S1 p:player
* 0 S0 c:player
* 1 S1 o:player
* 0 S0 s:player

Time Remaining
08:42:23

OR having read another post idea
If the goal is to make larger maps and place the info Below...why not try this.
3 tables of info... Game info, Players with spoil count and the Stats as an option
Leave the My Spoils directly below the map and above the Combat Di buttons

My Spoils ([bracketed] if owned): g:Constantinople b:Bohemia

BOX For Di Rolls

Game 6132524-------------------------Players______----------R---T---TDue
Round 1---------------------------------* 0 S0 r:player----------3---12---3
Time Remaining-----------------------* 0 S0 g:player----------3---12---3
08:42:23--------------------------------* 0 S0 b:player----------3---12---3
Game Type: Standard ----------------* 0 S0 y:player----------3---12---3
Initial Troops: Automatic-------------* 1 S1 p:player----------3---12---3
Play Order: Sequential----------------* 0 S0 c:player----------3---12---3
Spoils: Flat Rate-----------------------* 1 S1 o:player----------3---12---3
Reinforcements: Unlimited ----------* 0 S0 s:player----------3---12---3
Fog of War: No

[refresh map] [smaller map][remove colour codes] [side stats]

Just a THOUGHT
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby legionbuck on Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:53 pm

Very interesting, but a problem here...if you turn in for a set when rquired to ( 5 spoils) , and your set contains only spots you own,,,kinda self defeating...YA THINK ?

Also, spoils should be listed under stats and abve game log. Easier to see !

Good job on the changes.
Sergeant legionbuck

Postby sully800 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:03 pm

legionbuck wrote:Very interesting, but a problem here...if you turn in for a set when rquired to ( 5 spoils) , and your set contains only spots you own,,,kinda self defeating...YA THINK ?

Also, spoils should be listed under stats and abve game log. Easier to see !

Good job on the changes.

That seems to be part of the risk of the new settings (and why it requires strategy). Same thing with being forced to eliminate the wrong target in assassin. These are unique situations which don't happen in other games and it sounds like a lot of fun. Of course you can prevent this by making sure you always have more than 5 territories and getting your men off of the ones that will be cashed. But your opponents can counter by trying to limit you to a few territories and therefore increase the chances that you get wiped out. I haven't gone nuclear yet, but it sounds interesting for sure!
Major sully800

Postby Falkomagno on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:13 pm

No...Definitely this new layout it's so so bad. A detriment in the game play. Plus the plugins are not working. I had to deactivate greasemonkey, because the "r" hotkey" just crash my mozilla.

I hope that this will be fixed, really.
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Nuc will be interesting in fog games, eh? feudal, nuc the castle of somebody who thought they could sit back and build... what noiw?!? :D
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby mibi on Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:18 pm

A fun update, wtg lack. nuclear spoils... never would have though of it.
Captain mibi

dunno how to make new post so move me plz

Postby CaptainMoo on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:13 pm

stop fecking about wif the settings plz...its sooooo annoying.....just like u ruined the British isles map.......n fecked about wif the fortifying system.........IF ITS NOT BROKE THEN DONT f*ck WITH IT.......my god, so many mates don't play on here cuz of the silly "additions" that change the gameplay so much

LACCCCCCCK IT WASNAE BROKE SO F'ING LEAVE IT EH?
http://www.moo-directory.com
Is your website listed yet?
Free, Reciprocal and Strong One Way Links.
Part of the http://www.cozy-digital.co.uk Group
Sergeant CaptainMoo

Postby The Neon Peon on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:39 pm

To everyone saying "it wasn't broken, so don't fix it" .... it was broken. Almost everyone before the update was asking for the stats to be placed beneath the map.

I like the update. It makes more sense for the game settings to be out of the way of the action, seeing as they are unnecessary. And the clock now makes more sense where you can see it from the chat and log.

The only thing I don't understand is why the refresh map link has been moved into the most obscure corner possible. It seems as if you want it to be in the most inconvenient place for those who don't use clickable maps.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Blind Date on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:47 pm

The changes have increased more scrolling and less enjoyment.

The nuclear cards is an interesting idea...will reserve judgment for after I complete a game or three
High Score - 3366 (3.23.10)
Highest Rank - Brigadier
Highest positon on scoreboard - tied for 18th
Colonel Blind Date

Postby Big Yuma Ripper on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Question...since the new updates anybody else notice there comp locking up or slowed down? maybe it's just mine not sure but it's locking up and very slow at times and its only when on CC. Also i get a block that states user script not working..... If anybody else is getting this and knows how to get rid of it or correct the problem a PM would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

"EDIT" Never mind, i just uninstalled "bob" and re-installed it, works great now, in case anybody else has had a problem
Last edited by Big Yuma Ripper on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Big Yuma Ripper

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:18 pm

conflicting trio: Nuclear, game stats and fog. can't see the nucked terrs. can't tell from the log. the stats giuve extra info.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby zeppelin90 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:23 am

I haven't read through all of the responses but I agree with the majority. The new layout is horrible - I enjoyed the way things were.
Colonel zeppelin90

Postby TheTrueNorth on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:48 am

zeppelin90 wrote:I haven't read through all of the responses but I agree with the majority. The new layout is horrible - I enjoyed the way things were.

Agreed, spend more time spinning a mouse wheel than you do playing
Sergeant TheTrueNorth

Postby Mr_Adams on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:09 pm

iup by the color codes optio, hit side stats. the stats will move back up to the side.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Falkomagno on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:21 pm

1. The nuclear spoils is good idea...we will figure it out how to deal with the changes in strategy that it implies.

2. THE NEW LAYOUT IS DISASTROUS

Just to illustrate the unneeded of this new layout, I did this screen shots.

You can see there, that, there is enough space to put the information of game type, spoils and the rest in the down part of the map, because when you going to make the attack you now what is happening. This is a must when you have several types of games at the same time, (you don't want to kill the wrong target in an assassin game, just for a couple of cards don't you?)

Putting up that very usefully information, and taking a look to that, just requires most scroll up, as it show, and then another scroll down to make the assault

Don't even mention the fact that the links of refresh map are in an inaccessible corner, that just makes the whole process even more painful.

Please, put the previous layout. The stats beneath are ok, just put the information of spoils, game type and others where it was.

3. I'm the only one who couldn't use BOB and Clickable maps anymore?? And yes, I have the latest version installed
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby JP007 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:18 pm

agree, put the info back UNDER the map..Tired of scrolling up and down every move.

Also, I get the 'script not working' EVERY TIME I click on 'jump to next playable game" This started right after this new format was forced on us all.
Corporal 1st Class JP007

Postby video_otto on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:17 pm

The spoils need to be at the bottom... also why am i not getting reinforcements for owning an entire teritory?
Cadet video_otto

Postby Squirly on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:48 pm

how do I make the stats always be on the side???

It is very annoying to have to click "side stats" every time I enter a game.

I think that part of the change really sucks
General Squirly

Postby Dwayne on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:02 pm

I like the idea of "nuclear". But I noticed that it is exclusive to the other options (escalating and flat rate). Why? Why can't I have a nuclear/escalating game. Now that's what I'd like to see.
Sergeant Dwayne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives