Conquer Club

Nuclear Spoils (and more!)

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Nuclear Spoils (and more!)

Postby maasman on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:31 pm

I WANT THE INFO BELOW THE MAP

I'm so use to immediately looking at the bottom for my info, which is quite essential in my opinion, that this is a gigantic pain in the ass. What was the point of moving it to the top anyway? It's not like it's saving scrolling or anything.

or at least make it an option, thank you.
Major maasman

Postby Squirly on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:46 pm

nvm
Last edited by Squirly on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Squirly

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Nuclear spoils!!!! :o

Wow! Well done CC!

=D>

BANANAS ALL ROUND EH ANDY? :roll:
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby murphy16 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:27 pm

The nuclear spoils, sorry to put it this way, but it's by far the dumbest addition that has been made to Conquer Club. I have been a member of this site for 2 years now and wish to continue playing, however, the addition of the nuclear cards completely takes way the strategy of the game. All it does is allow noobs to noob up games even more. I mean honestly, this addition has made it possible for a freaking monkey choose 3 cards and easily eliminate someone. NO STRATEGY NEEDED WHAT SO EVER.

Lack please excuse me for saying this about this addition but it really is a horrible one.

On a positive note, happy holidays everyone and Merry Christmas to all.

m16
Sergeant 1st Class murphy16

Postby karelpietertje on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:30 pm

Those 2 doodles were the most fun i've had in a long time :lol:
it's great :D
Major karelpietertje

Postby tdans on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:36 pm

im having a issue to where i have a card that goes from bold to regular to bold to regular..
Lieutenant tdans

Postby pimphawks70 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:04 pm

I think with this update, some work needs to be done on the deck of cards. I think it should be programmed to be more like real risk. Specifically, I cashed "russia" in a doodle game and figured it was safe to move my stack there. Next round somebody else cashes "russia" and just like that I'm done :(

Just my opinion

Pimphawks70
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby maasman on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:05 pm

pimphawks70 wrote:I think with this update, some work needs to be done on the deck of cards. I think it should be programmed to be more like real risk. Specifically, I cashed "russia" in a doodle game and figured it was safe to move my stack there. Next round somebody else cashes "russia" and just like that I'm done :(

Just my opinion

Pimphawks70

how many people were in the game?
Major maasman

Postby pimphawks70 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:19 pm

maasman wrote:
pimphawks70 wrote:I think with this update, some work needs to be done on the deck of cards. I think it should be programmed to be more like real risk. Specifically, I cashed "russia" in a doodle game and figured it was safe to move my stack there. Next round somebody else cashes "russia" and just like that I'm done :(

Just my opinion

Pimphawks70

Six
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby Grifter on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Thanks CC team for putting in my suggestion. I was beginning to think that no one paid attention to them. Hopefully new players find it useful.
Lieutenant Grifter

Postby trk1994 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:55 pm

i usually like most improvements but this new layout/page design really sucks. sorry fellas but you dropped the ball on this one.
"We are advancing constantly and not interested in holding anything except the enemy. We're gonna hold 'em by the nose and we're gonna kick 'em in the ass!" -PATTON
Corporal 1st Class trk1994

Postby Squirly on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:25 pm

You know,
in this thread, there are more freeloaders complaining then people who actually help fund this site.

that always makes me laugh
General Squirly

Postby Woodruff on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:36 pm

And still, it was apparently too difficult to fix the damn FOE incapabilities. Clearly, that's just an enormous amount of code to insert.

And Squirly, you're perhaps not taking into account those who previously have been members but who have been run off for various reasons. The fact that they are no longer paying should be an alert to the site, but it clearly is not.
Last edited by Woodruff on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby shoop76 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:38 am

Really like the idea about the nuclear spoils, adds another element to the game for those who are interested.

However, moving the game data to the top I really don't like at this point. I guess I'm just so used to having it at the bottom that its hard to get used to. It does take extra scrolling.

Don't know why it gets changed, guess some people thought it would be better, but shouldn't these things either be able to be changed by the individual or if not at least voted on. Some people may make this suggestion but that does not mean that the majority are in favor of it. Just seems like something has been changed that has worked out fine.

Is there a way to create something in the game settings so each person can decide to put it on the top or bottom? This should stop all the complaints.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby murphy16 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:50 am

Grifter wrote:Thanks CC team for putting in my suggestion. I was beginning to think that no one paid attention to them. Hopefully new players find it useful.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Completely just proved my point. Only intended to help noobs be even bigger noobs. Doesn't help the gain a strategy at all. All updates this time were not good at all. Is this honestly what we are paying for? I really don't think paying for a site that is really getting out of hand is worth it. I'm really sorry Lack but you do need to look at reality. Y'all have just opened the doors for more people complaining about noobs and their noobish ways.

m16
Sergeant 1st Class murphy16

Postby vodean on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:32 am

Thanks for the update! Merry christmas CC! I know that us users are always complaining, but I agree, the new layout looks TERRIBLE.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby vodean on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:33 am

now i have statistics right above statistics.
Sergeant vodean

Postby vodean on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:38 am

sorry about the triple post, didn't want to edit my last posts. statistics is now below assault odds.
Sergeant vodean

Postby maasman on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:11 am

pimphawks70 wrote:
maasman wrote:

Just my opinion

Pimphawks70

Six

that explains your problem. There aren't enough terr. for everyone to have a different card. If all of you had 3 cards then every spot is filled, and as soon as one person gets 4 there has to be at least 1 overlap, probably more.
Major maasman

Postby grifftron on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:37 am

I like the Nuke cards lack. New layout is gonna take some time to get used to tho.

And for those who don't like the nuclear cards, just don't play it ;)
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Esn on Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:12 am

lackattack wrote:we've added the [side stats] button to move statistics to the side of the map, as it was before this update, and you can make this your default on the Game Settings page.

Thank goodness! I've set it back to the way it was before. This new look is ugly and wastes too much space for me. (might have something to do with the low resolution I use)

I should also add:

I think it makes MUCH, MUCH more sense to have the information about what cards I own right above the drop-down menu for troop placement, instead of all the way at the top of the map (unless you also move the troop-placement up above the map). At my resolution (800x600), if I scroll down to place my troops now I no longer see what cards I own.
Sergeant 1st Class Esn

Postby thebest712 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:24 am

nuclear spoils looks cool.
but the layout is horrilble plz change it back...
Major thebest712

Postby Kalano Sanchin on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:27 am

Murphy16, it adds more strategy to games that don't have noobs in it. Just start some private games and ask people who have completed a certain amount of games on nuclear or a certain amount of games in general to join. It adds some completely new strategies to the gameplay.
Sergeant 1st Class Kalano Sanchin

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:35 am

Don't mean to moan but why are the cards and settings at the top of the screen? I can't see them when taking a turn now. :?
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby fumandomuerte on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:56 am

New layout sucks :cry:
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives