Conquer Club

Nuclear Spoils (and more!)

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Nuclear Spoils (and more!)

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:19 am

Mr_Adams wrote:Has it yet been observed what possibilities are now present in assassins? has there yet been a game where two people's last territories are nuked simultaneously? :?

I understand the answer to be "Yes," though I don't know which game. The card that had been in the hand longest when turned in gets killed first; whoever owned that terr got killed first so whoever was left for the split-second, wins.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:30 am

joriki wrote:
So all options had some disadvantage, and it might be argued that violating the principle that the statistics shouldn't disclose more than the log (the main reason for which had been not to change existing game types) was the least of them.

I'd be interested to know what others think about this.

Since everyone gets stats now, it's fair. Consider the disadvantage of cashing a non-nuke owned terr in fog; the log enables any player to know a terr got the +2 owned bonus; the point of fog was to keep things invisible, so the log violated the terms of fog. Similarly, now the new stats are violating the terms of the log in nuke games. In both cases, everyone has the opportunity to check, so everyone has the same advantages or disadvantages. Whereas, with the analyzers found with bob, only those with the special explorer engine and add-ons can use the monkeywrenches; those that can only run winex are at a decided disadvantage, tho less of a disadvantage with the stats.

That said, and even tho this part's off-topic, I really do dislike the stats layout; I wish everything were below the map or beside the map, not some below and some above.

But back to the topic: no change needed. Just awareness.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Magiw on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks for moving the card and game info back below the map! =D>
Sergeant Magiw

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives