Conquer Club

Mappy New Year!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mappy New Year!

Postby MrBenn on Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:04 pm

edbeard wrote:so am I understanding correctly that one can receive idea and gameplay stamps and have very basic graphics?

seems like a good idea to me. get the gameplay done and have the graphiciticians work do their job without gameplay updates.

also good in that I can get the gameplay done and turn it over to someone who'd rather just do graphics (and the opposite).

In theory, yes.

With the design brief concept, we'll be looking to check that a mapmaker has a clear idea of the sort of thing they are hoping to achieve with their map, as well as assessing whether or not the concept has enough support, and whether or not the map satisfies the "uniqueness" requirements.

The initial focus on gameplay development means that hopefully there will be more thought into how maps might play if they were to make it through the forge.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:43 am

2 maps... that is just plain stupid if you ask me. So what if there is 200 or 1 million dead maps in the bin, let people try as many as they like at one point. Some can handle 10 at a time, while others only 1. Let the map maker decide!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Donald Fung on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Happy Chinese New Years! Should have made free speed games on China map :P
Sergeant 1st Class Donald Fung

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives