Conquer Club

Improved Army Printing

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Improved Army Printing

Postby obliterationX on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:59 am

I'll say that (most likely) the new lag on the site just cost me an escalating game, as I couldn't end in time to get a 4th card... but well done on the updates, although I can't really see any difference. Hopefully it speeds things up in the long run!

Colonel obliterationX

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Lackattack is still looking into ways to improve performance, and improve the Army/Troop Printing. We'll see what he, our Tech Team, and our web developer newtonboy can come up with.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Kabanellas on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:03 pm

pamoa wrote:Is it technically possible to have the old font as an option
sorry to say this but the new one isn't an improvement :sick:

second that.....
Major Kabanellas

Postby Jatekos on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:29 pm

The 3-digit numbers are displayed in 2 lines by the latest Opera. No scripts used.

Major Jatekos

Postby gregory7 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Can you tell me which cm works? mine isn't :cry: :cry: :cry:
Lieutenant gregory7

Postby pgamr13 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Is it possible that i have problem to play, i cant see my troops on the map, everything is blank, so i cant know whats going on
Sergeant 1st Class pgamr13

Postby sherkaner on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:56 pm

I had the same thing, someone was/is playing with stylesheets a bit. I guess it's Lack.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby bedub1 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm

yeah all the numbers are on the left side now...firefox with greasmonkey disabled...
Colonel bedub1

Postby jacobb222 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm

ditto, all of the numbers are on the left side of the screen, not on the territories, so I can't play.

Also, fwiw this update made the numbers ugly and a bit blurry for me.
Colonel jacobb222

Postby b00kw0rm on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Having a problem with the new army printing...

Click image to enlarge.

*edit
I see I'm not the only one with this problem.
Last edited by b00kw0rm on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Tournaments:
Age of Conquerors [WINNER: br4nd0n2002]
Team Clash [WINNERS: bfunny27 & DBandit70]
Sibling Rivalry [ONGOING]
Private b00kw0rm

Postby KrazyA1pha on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:00 pm

I can't see the numbers to make my moves either...
Captain KrazyA1pha

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Ah, I'm getting this now...
Click image to enlarge.

It just cost me a game!
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby ROCKS on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:04 pm

i am having the same problems except i am not even getting colours on the peoples names
Sergeant ROCKS

Postby ROCKS on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:07 pm

never mind its fixed now but numbers are a little blurry
Sergeant ROCKS

Postby FixitDave on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm having a huge problem where all the region troop values are listed down the left side like this;

?
?
?
?
?
?

and it keeps going for several pages right past the map, past the chat etc etc...it's the same with FF v3.5.9 & IE8 and making it so I can't move...

I have BOB on FF, but no change with it running or not.

UPDATE
It's now working ok...
Sergeant FixitDave

Postby lackattack on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Sorry that wierdness was my mistake.

I'm looking into improving performance of the army printing...
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Caymanmew on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:19 pm

lackattack wrote:Sorry that wierdness was my mistake.

I'm looking into improving performance of the army printing...

nice job
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby rappel on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:55 pm

king achilles wrote:

Tobikera wrote:I wouldn't call this "improved army printing." Since updating Bob, as requested by the flashing red notice on the Bob Menu, my letters are larger, seemingly a different font, and blurry. Also, for some reason, my Australia map doesn't ever load - stuck in eternal Bob processing. I use FireFox 3.6.3. Any clues would be appreciated. I'm not going to play the Ctrl+ and Ctrl- game every time I log in - that's ridiculous. I appreciate the efforts to improve CC, but this one sent me back a couple steps. :?

Please be sure that you are viewing the map on a 'normal' level and not in a zoomed setting. For now, I would say this is the "fix" in avoiding to see any sort of blurry numbers or letters.

1. I'd ike to add my comment to those of others that that the new way of displaying army counts is very poor for me. There are some interesting ideas and potential reasons in here but bottom line as a user it has impacted my usage as it makes it harder for me to read. I'm on several times a day so I've had time to "get used to it" and it's not happening. There are blurry numbers and letters (I use colour codes) The placement of codes next to the numbers is much tighter and the colours are not looking the same.
2. I've tried the <CTRL>0 and frankly it doesn't improve things much for me. Which leads me to a comment on King Achilles comment above. This is a workaround, not a fix. Users are meant to be able to increase magnification. Personally I have a widescreen laptop with a marginal screen size for the 1920x1080 resolution and I need to work at magnification in a browser looking at CC when I am using that machine.
3. I don't know how you develop or test, so this may be completely irrelevant. Do you not have a test site where you can not only test your changes internally but expose them to reasonable samples of the community to carry out user testing? Certainly when you make changes to the user interface I would think it's worth it.
4. I understand that you may be having performance issues but ultimately your site provides a service to the users. Don't know what your retention rate is etc. etc. but performance can also be fixed with more investment in technology, access bandwidth etc. etc. and you might find through user testing that folks would prefer to spend $2 more a year than have a particular new style of interface if it interfered with their enjoyment.

As I haven't said it before anywhere I think the service you give is excellent value for the money and I know how people can lose sight of this when they build up a head of steam on a particular issue.

... still think it's not an improvement for me tho' :( and I'd ask you to remove it.
Captain rappel

Postby morleyjoe on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:12 pm

morleyjoe wrote:I've not noticed many of the problems others are having, but have issues now with BOB snapshots not working properly. (I've kept BOB up to date so far) For some previous snapshots it shows completely different armies and numbers, ones that never existed in the game. Also, it messes up the "show color codes" by deleting the letters, and making me have to click twice on the color code option to get them back.

Also, statistics have gone wacky. Sometimes it puts negative numbers in place of regions held. And the snap shots are again from what appears to be other games. Weird.

Maybe this should have been tested first before being rolled out.
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby lackattack on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:19 pm

morleyjoe wrote:Also, statistics have gone wacky. Sometimes it puts negative numbers in place of regions held. And the snap shots are again from what appears to be other games. Weird.

That sounds like BOB stuff - could you please report this in the BOB topic so the script's author will read it?
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Caymanmew on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:23 pm

could you please get rid of your "improvement" so thing can run faster
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby bedub1 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:42 pm

caymanmew wrote:could you please get rid of your "improvement" so thing can run faster

what if it's a 10% speed reduction for the user but the server can handle twice the load? and things always suck at the beginning...then they get better.
Colonel bedub1

Postby Caymanmew on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:53 pm

bedub1 wrote:
caymanmew wrote:could you please get rid of your "improvement" so thing can run faster

what if it's a 10% speed reduction for the user but the server can handle twice the load? and things always suck at the beginning...then they get better.

right now i care about speed
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:47 pm

I know you only wish to make CC run better and smother. May I suggest with so many problems and or other errors, I propose a small group of say 10 people who would test these updates before they are released for all to see. They could help get the bugs out before it come out to the public. I think both sides would be really happy with the results. You could surely find 10 people within CC who you trust not to leak ideas early and across many platforms. I would surely be willing to help out for the betterment of CC as a whole. Just a thought.

Edited to add: Thanks for the update though I cannot see any difference, but then again I am so close to the physical server I may never see a difference.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Complain, complain, complain... why am I not surprised? Nobody on this site has ever appreciated the absolute bargain they have, nor the face that there is nowhere else on the internet that provides a product as polished as this one for playing this game, despite the little hiccups that occur with updates from time to time.

Get a clue everyone. You won't find anything better, so why keep bitching and moaning?
Cadet Optimus Prime

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives