Conquer Club

New "Intensity Cubes"

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: New "Intensity Cubes"

Postby lackattack on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:43 am

beersurfer wrote:however true randomness will never be gotten on any computer or software program ... the design of a random generator has a human programming it to become random (its one of the first things you learn when you take a beginner's programming course)... which, as hard as they may try, it is still only a falsified rendition of true-randomness. the functionality of a computer only allows for people to manipulate the 0's and 1's ---- with enough manipulation it can be reasoned that a program generates "random" numbers ... but to be truly random you couldn't use a computer at all ...

so now we will begin to see all the high ranks that stole the old file and used it to win games--- begin to fall in the ranks with all the other players who never thought to copy it and search for streaks and use them to their advantage

it's a little tooooo late for me though ... im done with this site ... the last 2 months of average rolls being 4 to 10 ratio (me winning 4 to every 10 i lose) has pushed me beyond the reasoning that this site will ever be fairly random ... even with this update (which is way long overdue)

maybe if lackattack tried to incorporate a pointer system to randomly select places in the file to start from instead of sequentially pulling streaks for attacks then we wouldnt have to worry about whether we are in a bad streak of the file or not ... we would pull from a different location of the file each attack ensuring us from avoiding any streaks bad or good ... and if there truly are 1,000,000 attacks per day ... then this file will cycle 20 times a day ... so depending on when you play your turns ... you could easily hit the same streaks 7 to 8 times per day (for the avid player)

A few things I must say regarding your post...

1. As natty_dread said the numbers from random.org are true random and not computer generated.

2. Even if you had a copy of the old file (which was never leaked out) it would be virtually impossible to cheat. The dice file was so large each 3v2 dice roll was repeated many times so it would be hard to locate where in the file the website was reading from. Even if you knew where in the file the website was reading from you would have to be lucky enough to find an approaching streak to take advantage of. Even if you identified an approaching streak it would still be impossible to predict the velocity of dice rolls across the entire website so you wouldn't be able to control the timing of your attacks.

3. Please don't blame the website for your bad luck :-)

4. There is a natural level of streakiness to be expected from random numbers. No matter where or how you pull from the stream of random numbers, you will still face the same probability of hitting a streak.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby beersurfer on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:27 pm

lackattack wrote:
beersurfer wrote:however true randomness will never be gotten on any computer or software program ... the design of a random generator has a human programming it to become random (its one of the first things you learn when you take a beginner's programming course)... which, as hard as they may try, it is still only a falsified rendition of true-randomness. the functionality of a computer only allows for people to manipulate the 0's and 1's ---- with enough manipulation it can be reasoned that a program generates "random" numbers ... but to be truly random you couldn't use a computer at all ...

so now we will begin to see all the high ranks that stole the old file and used it to win games--- begin to fall in the ranks with all the other players who never thought to copy it and search for streaks and use them to their advantage

it's a little tooooo late for me though ... im done with this site ... the last 2 months of average rolls being 4 to 10 ratio (me winning 4 to every 10 i lose) has pushed me beyond the reasoning that this site will ever be fairly random ... even with this update (which is way long overdue)

maybe if lackattack tried to incorporate a pointer system to randomly select places in the file to start from instead of sequentially pulling streaks for attacks then we wouldnt have to worry about whether we are in a bad streak of the file or not ... we would pull from a different location of the file each attack ensuring us from avoiding any streaks bad or good ... and if there truly are 1,000,000 attacks per day ... then this file will cycle 20 times a day ... so depending on when you play your turns ... you could easily hit the same streaks 7 to 8 times per day (for the avid player)

A few things I must say regarding your post...

1. As natty_dread said the numbers from random.org are true random and not computer generated.

2. Even if you had a copy of the old file (which was never leaked out) it would be virtually impossible to cheat. The dice file was so large each 3v2 dice roll was repeated many times so it would be hard to locate where in the file the website was reading from. Even if you knew where in the file the website was reading from you would have to be lucky enough to find an approaching streak to take advantage of. Even if you identified an approaching streak it would still be impossible to predict the velocity of dice rolls across the entire website so you wouldn't be able to control the timing of your attacks.

3. Please don't blame the website for your bad luck :-)

4. There is a natural level of streakiness to be expected from random numbers. No matter where or how you pull from the stream of random numbers, you will still face the same probability of hitting a streak.

well lackattack ... im shocked that you arent more aware of what players on your site have actually been up to ... its not about leaking (which isn't the real problem)... its about hacking

I know multiple people who actually have copies of your old dice file and have written programs to find the streaks and anticipate approximately when to hit the attack button and succeeded in 80% win rolls ... based on small windows of time that the streaks will most likely hit ... the programs they wrote actually tell you based off of only 3 (3v2) attacks .. [the file isn't repeated as often as you suggest]... and then the program will give an estimated time "... in 5-10 sec. attacks for 10-15 sec. should be successful" (of course the wording differs depending on which program you view) ... some of the streaks they located were actually up to 50 sec. (but mostly 5-10 sec. and several lasting up to 30 and 40 sec.) --- based on average number of attacks per day divided by seconds per day ... of course not all the rolls will be successful ... but 80% majority is pretty good ... i chose never to cheat when i played this game ... but the facts were too intriguing not to find out more

its really simple its about building troops up to tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) ... and simply auto-attacking, copy and paste the large strings into another file ...
once they had almost a million rolls then it was easy for a program to find the overlapping sections of the partial files and put the whole file together ... then with another program input a couple of real time rolls and then the program finds your place in the file based off of the RT rolls inputed and the streaks have been pre-recorded ... so the program acts in less than 3 sec. completely giving you the next time for a streak ... and if there are more rolls going than estimated the program self adapts to readjust time increments based off of the difference of your new input from the time of your old input ... we are talking seconds here within minutes

and i was absolutely shocked at the accuracy of the program as i watched one particular person .. conquer an 8 man standard game with less than 1/3 the troops of the opponent he was targeting ... simply amazing ... so i know first hand that it has been copied by multiple people and has been cracked in more than just one form .... ... you really should listen to your customers more often ... all of this went down 2 years ago ... just shortly after i started playing ...

so to say that your file hasnt been leaked is probably true ... but to be so arrogant as to think that others aren't smart enough to crack your system... well ... hopefully you can learn from your past mistakes that apparently you were not even aware of.

and my experience here is beyond just bad luck ... this site is horrible when it comes to the dice when on average i get winning attacks less than 1/7th of the time (the only reason i got to brig is because i learned that if i play quads and dont have to attack we have a better chance of winning ... so i direct traffic ... and have a couple freestylers on my team to be used as attackers) .. because good freestylers dont get consistently bad dice ... its beyond luck ... there are too many games that are lop-sided .. one team gets all the dice and the other team just gets none ... there's no strategy ... its just stupid dumb luck ... and you should find a way to somewhat balance this out ... like using pointers when turns are begun to select a random location of the dice file and then read off the string ... end turn start next turn and it randomly jumps to another part of the file to read from ... its simple and wont take as much usage on your servers as trying to draw random numbers for each roll attacked daily... i noticed you didn't care to offer an explanation on this suggestion
Click image to enlarge.

last 25 battles:
beersurfer luck Avg roll -- opponents luck Avg roll
Assault ....-26% ..... 2.86 ............+48% .....4.70

really???????????
Major beersurfer

Location: NW of palau on the Oceania Map (just in front of the moon)

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Then why aren't you Conquerer if your glorious tale is actually true?
Major Night Strike

Postby merch313 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Night Strike wrote:Then why aren't you Conquerer if your glorious tale is actually true?

He did state he doest cheat :?
Major merch313

Postby sherkaner on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:14 am

beersurfer wrote:well lackattack ... im shocked that you arent more aware of what players on your site have actually been up to ... its not about leaking (which isn't the real problem)... its about hacking

I know multiple people who actually have copies of your old dice file and have written programs to find the streaks and anticipate approximately when to hit the attack button and succeeded in 80% win rolls ... based on small windows of time that the streaks will most likely hit ... the programs they wrote actually tell you based off of only 3 (3v2) attacks .. [the file isn't repeated as often as you suggest]... and then the program will give an estimated time "... in 5-10 sec. attacks for 10-15 sec. should be successful" (of course the wording differs depending on which program you view) ... some of the streaks they located were actually up to 50 sec. (but mostly 5-10 sec. and several lasting up to 30 and 40 sec.) --- based on average number of attacks per day divided by seconds per day ... of course not all the rolls will be successful ... but 80% majority is pretty good ... i chose never to cheat when i played this game ... but the facts were too intriguing not to find out more

its really simple its about building troops up to tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) ... and simply auto-attacking, copy and paste the large strings into another file ...
once they had almost a million rolls then it was easy for a program to find the overlapping sections of the partial files and put the whole file together ... then with another program input a couple of real time rolls and then the program finds your place in the file based off of the RT rolls inputed and the streaks have been pre-recorded ... so the program acts in less than 3 sec. completely giving you the next time for a streak ... and if there are more rolls going than estimated the program self adapts to readjust time increments based off of the difference of your new input from the time of your old input ... we are talking seconds here within minutes

and i was absolutely shocked at the accuracy of the program as i watched one particular person .. conquer an 8 man standard game with less than 1/3 the troops of the opponent he was targeting ... simply amazing ... so i know first hand that it has been copied by multiple people and has been cracked in more than just one form .... ... you really should listen to your customers more often ... all of this went down 2 years ago ... just shortly after i started playing ...

so to say that your file hasnt been leaked is probably true ... but to be so arrogant as to think that others aren't smart enough to crack your system... well ... hopefully you can learn from your past mistakes that apparently you were not even aware of.

and my experience here is beyond just bad luck ... this site is horrible when it comes to the dice when on average i get winning attacks less than 1/7th of the time (the only reason i got to brig is because i learned that if i play quads and dont have to attack we have a better chance of winning ... so i direct traffic ... and have a couple freestylers on my team to be used as attackers) .. because good freestylers dont get consistently bad dice ... its beyond luck ... there are too many games that are lop-sided .. one team gets all the dice and the other team just gets none ... there's no strategy ... its just stupid dumb luck ... and you should find a way to somewhat balance this out ... like using pointers when turns are begun to select a random location of the dice file and then read off the string ... end turn start next turn and it randomly jumps to another part of the file to read from ... its simple and wont take as much usage on your servers as trying to draw random numbers for each roll attacked daily... i noticed you didn't care to offer an explanation on this suggestion

Fascinating if it's true. I know it's possible, but I wouldn't have guessed someone would have taken the time (throwing and remembering 700k+ dice I guess) to get things working. Luckily the amount of throws has increased over the years, which means the method will probably be more likely to fail now (or at least have a smaller time window, but I guess it should lower the probability too).

One question though, if a few people were/are still abusing this, why is it that most winning percentages are still in line with what I'd expect? And why hasn't anyone posted something like this before? That kinda points to either this being a made-up story or the group of players using this being very small (though naturally they would be in the first page of the scoreboard).

(Btw, with over 1m throws per day, the current rate would be about 12 throws (of 5 dice, old format) per second..)
Colonel sherkaner

Postby carlpgoodrich on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:13 am

Well, Lack has recently changed the string, and he said he will change it periodically, so that just about solves the problem, doesn't it? They would have to do a 20k vs 20k auto assault every time it changes, and that should be pretty easy for the cheating and abuse mods to look for. Also, with the implementation of only using 4 dice in 3v1 (for example), that "lucky streak" could easily turn into an "unlucky streak," so I think the point is moot.
Lieutenant carlpgoodrich

Postby beersurfer on Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:01 pm

sherkaner wrote:

One question though, if a few people were/are still abusing this, why is it that most winning percentages are still in line with what I'd expect? And why hasn't anyone posted something like this before? That kinda points to either this being a made-up story or the group of players using this being very small (though naturally they would be in the first page of the scoreboard).

actually the guys who showed me, cared more about beating this system than actually playing the game ... so once they figured a way to crack it ... they moved on to more challenging tasks... it is true ... you can believe it or not ... your choice... but i witnessed it ... and its the reason why certain players i believe hold very high ranks and almost never lose many rolls ... i could name names ... but its pointless now that the file has changed ... and if you dig deep enough in the forums ... there are still lingering conversations from 2+ years ago about the hacking of the file ... they just weren't as blatant as my explanation ... because they were the ones actually cracking the file and didnt want to get blamed for it :P
Click image to enlarge.

last 25 battles:
beersurfer luck Avg roll -- opponents luck Avg roll
Assault ....-26% ..... 2.86 ............+48% .....4.70

really???????????
Major beersurfer

Location: NW of palau on the Oceania Map (just in front of the moon)

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:47 pm

beersurfer wrote:
sherkaner wrote:

actually the guys who showed me, cared more about beating this system than actually playing the game ... so once they figured a way to crack it ... they moved on to more challenging tasks... it is true ... you can believe it or not ... your choice... but i witnessed it ... and its the reason why certain players i believe hold very high ranks and almost never lose many rolls ... i could name names ... but its pointless now that the file has changed ... and if you dig deep enough in the forums ... there are still lingering conversations from 2+ years ago about the hacking of the file ... they just weren't as blatant as my explanation ... because they were the ones actually cracking the file and didnt want to get blamed for it :P

This whole idea is baseless. There is no proof and nobody has better rolls and me or you. We all have the same dice.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby natty dread on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Bruceswar wrote:

This whole idea is baseless. There is no proof and nobody has better rolls and me or you. We all have the same dice.

AHA! Bruceswar is the hacker!! :P
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby mibi on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 pm

I have just been informed of a member who shall remain nameless has created a ip packet sniffer script which detects one way IO packets from random.org to conquerclub.com and is able to piece together that dice batch string with decent accuracy. This member is able to correlate attacks with favorable results match against the batch database, although it only works about half of the time, and works about 80% of the time when there is less dice usage, between 1am-4am. Basically, this use can launch an attack when streaks on on their side. Sometimes it can take upto 1o minutes to sniff a streak long enough to have time to launch the attack and match it to the dice string.
Captain mibi

Postby jleonnn on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:18 pm

I thought you guys were just gonna change the art for the dice lol
Major jleonnn

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:58 pm

I know a guy who kidnapped lack and forced him to give up the dice file at gunpoint. True story guys.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby donovan THE DARK on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:31 am

Yeah.... I am not liking these new dice. Can we pick which one to use? lol kidding. I guess I will just have to get used to them. :-(
Captain donovan THE DARK

Postby Dako on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:37 am

mibi wrote:I have just been informed of a member who shall remain nameless has created a ip packet sniffer script which detects one way IO packets from random.org to conquerclub.com and is able to piece together that dice batch string with decent accuracy. This member is able to correlate attacks with favorable results match against the batch database, although it only works about half of the time, and works about 80% of the time when there is less dice usage, between 1am-4am. Basically, this use can launch an attack when streaks on on their side. Sometimes it can take upto 1o minutes to sniff a streak long enough to have time to launch the attack and match it to the dice string.

Ahahahaha, that just made my day :D.
Colonel Dako

Postby lackattack on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:57 am

As fantastic as it sounds, I must take beersurfer's story seriously to protect the integrity of the game. I'm currently looking into ways to further prevent dice predicting.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby jaimito101 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:42 pm

so if there is a streak of high numbers comming up, and there are about 12 rolls a second...

you would have a 1/12 second window to throw the dice so they will be in your favour... a 1/12 second too late or too early and the defender would have the streak on their side. (the selection of random dice nrs move to the to the right, wich can be 2,3,4,5 steps away)

taking these facts into account, to exploit the system you would then need an automated program clicking on the assault button for you (as humans cannot see a command and react to it within 1/12 of a second), wich to my knowledge is not yet available? also any kind of lag could also screw you horribly.

not buying this...
Colonel jaimito101

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:49 pm

To me is still random. With random dice you can lose 30 in a row or win 30 in a row, the problem with the complaints is that we use selective memory.

To tell you the truth, I thought it was done like the new system, which to me is simpler. Simple = Elegant.

Either way is random.

I once lost 8 coin tosses in a row, I remember exactly because we were playing with coins of about 8dls, and at the end I only lost 2 coins.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby owenshooter on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:57 pm

lackattack wrote:As fantastic as it sounds, I must take beersurfer's story seriously to protect the integrity of the game. I'm currently looking into ways to further prevent dice predicting.

almost as good as the one about my being crucified, left in a tomb, and then rising again after 3 days...-the black jesus

p.s.-ever fix that game that me and jbrettlip are stuck in? let's get moving, turtle boy!!!
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby sherkaner on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:07 pm

jaimito101 wrote:so if there is a streak of high numbers comming up, and there are about 12 rolls a second...

you would have a 1/12 second window to throw the dice so they will be in your favour... a 1/12 second too late or too early and the defender would have the streak on their side. (the selection of random dice nrs move to the to the right, wich can be 2,3,4,5 steps away)

taking these facts into account, to exploit the system you would then need an automated program clicking on the assault button for you (as humans cannot see a command and react to it within 1/12 of a second), wich to my knowledge is not yet available? also any kind of lag could also screw you horribly.

not buying this...

Not really, he talks about a 80% chance of being succesful. So it's probably averaged over multiple dice, there might be just a set of 30 dice where 24 get you a win or something like that (or the other way around). But you'd still have to throw 2 attacks to know where the dice are in the sequence before you know anything (2 should actually do the trick). Possible, but hard to pull off.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:17 pm

mibi wrote:I have just been informed of a member who shall remain nameless has created a ip packet sniffer script which detects one way IO packets from random.org to conquerclub.com and is able to piece together that dice batch string with decent accuracy. This member is able to correlate attacks with favorable results match against the batch database, although it only works about half of the time, and works about 80% of the time when there is less dice usage, between 1am-4am. Basically, this use can launch an attack when streaks on on their side. Sometimes it can take upto 1o minutes to sniff a streak long enough to have time to launch the attack and match it to the dice string.

LOL

1. how is he gonna sniff the packet? He'd had to be in the same NAT, and I don't think the webhosting cc uses is in a NAT. You have to be in the middle to sniff a packet. (If that were the case you could always modify the numbers once gotten from random.org by any simple formula, like adding 1, making a 6 a 1.)

2. predict? in case he got it it would be a 100% true.

3. the timing, even if you now the sequence, how fast is he to know which number was last used and then deduct whats next and make an attack, and so on. it's ridiculous.

4. 10 minutes to sniff a streak? lol, if he gets it it's instantly.

5. why would you post this without computer knowledge? didn't you think that there would be at least 100 readers of this thread who knew how full of shit you are?
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:19 pm

nietzsche wrote:5. why would you post this without computer knowledge? didn't you think that there would be at least 100 readers of this thread who knew how full of shit you are?

I think that was his point.

In any case, that is more off topic. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jaimito101 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:40 pm

sherkaner wrote:
jaimito101 wrote:so if there is a streak of high numbers comming up, and there are about 12 rolls a second...

not buying this...

Not really, he talks about a 80% chance of being succesful. So it's probably averaged over multiple dice, there might be just a set of 30 dice where 24 get you a win or something like that (or the other way around). But you'd still have to throw 2 attacks to know where the dice are in the sequence before you know anything (2 should actually do the trick). Possible, but hard to pull off.

the flaw with this is: if there are 30 dice with 24 getting you a win ( this would mean high numbers for the first 3 (attackers)and low numbers for the second 2 (defenders) .

example: the "magic"sequence could be ..... 666116661166611....
1rst attack = 666 vs 11
2nd attack= 666 vs 11
etc etc
so by pressing the auto assault button within this 1/12 of a second it would result in a succes.

problem is that at the point this streak is coming up, there are 12 other people pressing the assault button (attacks per second taking place on cc) and thereby using up the "random numbers", these rolls can vary from 2,3,4,5 die being thrown so these would then throw off your magic sequence.

imagine if you are 1/12 second too early: depending on the amount of die thrown by the people before you, your auto attack sequence could then look like this:
1rst attack: 116 vs 66
2nd attakc: 116 vs 66
etc etc

1/12 second too late, the same happens and it seems highly unprobably that a human can react to a program telling you to assault, and clicking the button within 1/12 of a second.

other problems that arise could be the lag your machine has, making it extremely hard if not further impossible to precisely squezee that attack in that 1/12 of a second window of hope, and also how could your sequence predictor account for auto attacks, wich may gobble up much more die than those 5, moving the sequence even further?
Colonel jaimito101

Postby jrh_cardinal on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:31 pm

I agree with jaimito. Under the old system (unless I'm mistaken), there were two lists, one for attacking dice and one for defending. Once you got the list, you just had to wait for a good sequence in the attacking list and disregard defending.

Under the new system, there's no such thing as a "good sequence" because there's only one list, so like he said, you could very easily end up getting the bad dice if you are off just 1/10th of a second, or less
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby sherkaner on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:28 am

Ah yes, I was still talking about the old system, in the new system it is way harder to get an advantage.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby FarangDemon on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:22 am

Q: Given a sequence of dice rolls where we know that certain die values were rolled more often than others, could a cheater still gain an advantage by auto-attacking within this interval, even if he could not be certain of starting at a particular favorable dice throw of his choosing within this interval?

(For this scenario we are not taking information of knowledge of exact dice file sequences into account for attack/wait to attack later decision, just knowledge of dice distribution in upcoming interval. Yes the cheater would need to know all the sequences in order to sync with the dice file but I just wanted to test what kind of analysis he could do with this limited subset of information.)

A: Yes. He could gain a slight advantage by refraining from auto-attacking during an interval that contains highly skewed distributions favoring one or two die rolls, especially if it is a 6. He should auto-attack during intervals that contain even distributions of dice values.

How do I know?

I wrote a program that:

• Generates random sequences of 10,000 dice rolls according to an uneven dice distribution of my specification
  • Evaluates outcome of auto-attacking for each of the 5 different sequences that are possible, depending on his timing (he can't be sure which one it will be)

With normal dice distribution for attacker and defender (1/6 chance for each die value), the attacker wins 54% of dice pairings - you can check that out on Gambit Battle Odds.

With skewed dice distribution for attacker and defender it is possible to win only 41% given the following dice distribution (1-5 - 10% each, 6 - 50%)

Die Roll 1 2 3 4 5 6
Die Policy 10 10 10 10 10 50
Sequence Win 2 Win 1 Lose 1 Lose 2 Win %
0 390 868 742 0.41
1 414 852 733 0.42
2 442 809 748 0.42
3 407 827 765 0.41
4 404 822 773 0.41

Given 16% chance to get a 6 - attacker wins 54% of dice pairings

From my program for various skewed 6 distributions:

• 33% chance to get a 6 - attacker wins 50%
  • 50% chance to get a 6 - attacker wins 41%
  • 67% chance to get a 6 - attacker wins 30%
  • 83% chance to get a 6 - attacker wins 17%
  • 100% chance to get a 6 - attacker wins 0% (all 6's means ties go to defender)

Given a large enough dice file, it is very likely that long sequences will emerge containing 30-50% 6's.
The more disproportionate distributions would exist in much shorter intervals.

The cheater would have information like:

Scenario A

Program Output

• The next minute is an even distribution
  • ~3-4 minutes from now refrain from attacking because there is a 3 second pocket of 67% sixes
  • 8 minutes from now there will be a pocket of 50% sixes lasting a 10-20 seconds

Action:

Attack now and stop in 3 minutes - otherwise he risks hitting the 3-second pocket of 6's where he'll win only 30% of dice pairings instead of 54%.

Scenario B

Program Output

• The next 2 minutes have 6 distribution of 33%
  • Then distribution will be normal
  • 18 minutes from now there will be a pocket of 50% sixes lasting 1 minute

Action:

Wait 3 minutes to attack. Stop attacking 15 minutes from now (to be safe).

Conclusion

Mere knowledge of upcoming distribution of die roll values is enough to give an attacker the advantage by avoiding intervals in time in which 6's or other die values are disproportionately represented.
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives