Conquer Club

New "Intensity Cubes"

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: New "Intensity Cubes"

Postby jaimito101 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:51 am

@ FarangDemon

hmm, yeah see where your going. and quite frankly i think youre right, and actually i think the blue prints for cracking the system now lie right here in the open....

Dako mate, can you implemet such a feauture in you upcoming BOB update?

EDIT: but is there really a reasonable possibility for a program to intercept the exact sequence of all the numbers from random.org comming to conquerclub?
Colonel jaimito101

Postby sherkaner on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:26 am

jaimito101 wrote:@ FarangDemon

hmm, yeah see where your going. and quite frankly i think youre right, and actually i think the blue prints for cracking the system now lie right here in the open....

Dako mate, can you implemet such a feauture in you upcoming BOB update?

EDIT: but is there really a reasonable possibility for a program to intercept the exact sequence of all the numbers from random.org comming to conquerclub?

The system is not totally open (there is something that will make this go wrong quite often, but I guess I won't put that here yet).

But the reuse of a dice-file of 50k dice makes it easy to get the whole sequence, just do a 10k v 10k auto-attack (there was some problem with over 10k if I remember correctly).
Then there will be at least 25k dice thrown, but it's quite likely there will be around 45k thrown, and probably in sequence. That gives you most of the dice file at once.

I guess reordering the sequence when you're gonna use it for a second time would kill most of the possibilities. I guess the method of swapping each number with an other (pseudo)random number will suffice, and isn't too expensive to perform (maybe takes a second, but we only need it once an hour). This effectively gives you a permutation of a random sequence, and you didn't use the value of the numbers so it will be random again. The only piece of information you have and could misuse then is the amount of sixes etc. in the current file.

(And btw, Dako doesn't maintain/update BOB, that's what I do)
Colonel sherkaner

Postby sherkaner on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:14 am

Ow, and to show not everybody can do random correctly: http://www.robweir.com/blog/2010/02/mic ... allot.html
Fisher-Yates is the swapping I mentioned btw, so that's guaranteed to do the job.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby danfrank on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 am

Interesting comments ... I have to say this thread along with previous statements by mods and admins has tarnished the integrity of CC and the product it offers. To suggest that the rolling of die is based on luck is hard to believe . Who`s to say that plug ins such as bob that utilize game info do not exist for dice file and configuration. I also find it hard to believe that every time you roll the dice each your accessing a file. There are also things in my game screen that lead me to believe other programs are being utilized.. Such as Sword and colonel ranks blending over next to the player name.. What causes this?
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby natty dread on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 am

danfrank wrote:Interesting comments ... I have to say this thread along with previous statements by mods and admins has tarnished the integrity of CC and the product it offers. To suggest that the rolling of die is based on luck is hard to believe . Who`s to say that plug ins such as bob that utilize game info do not exist for dice file and configuration. I also find it hard to believe that every time you roll the dice each your accessing a file. There are also things in my game screen that lead me to believe other programs are being utilized.. Such as Sword and colonel ranks blending over next to the player name.. What causes this?

Ugh... "rank icons blend together, I am losing the game, therefore, they must be haxoring the dices!!!"

talk about twisted logic...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby danfrank on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:45 pm

natty_dread wrote:
danfrank wrote:Interesting comments ... I have to say this thread along with previous statements by mods and admins has tarnished the integrity of CC and the product it offers. To suggest that the rolling of die is based on luck is hard to believe . Who`s to say that plug ins such as bob that utilize game info do not exist for dice file and configuration. I also find it hard to believe that every time you roll the dice each your accessing a file. There are also things in my game screen that lead me to believe other programs are being utilized.. Such as Sword and colonel ranks blending over next to the player name.. What causes this?

Ugh... "rank icons blend together, I am losing the game, therefore, they must be haxoring the dices!!!"

How is it twisted logic.. Rank icons blending together tell me that something is not right, whatever it may be there is still something wrong. also the whole truth about dice is not being told, To suggest that when i click on assault , that it is accessing random.org EVERYTIME is not the truth..

Postby ljex on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:53 pm

danfrank wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

How is it twisted logic.. Rank icons blending together tell me that something is not right, whatever it may be there is still something wrong. also the whole truth about dice is not being told, To suggest that when i click on assault , that it is accessing random.org EVERYTIME is not the truth..

No it isn't and no one has ever said that is, we get a file of random numbers from random.org then use them as needed...
Major ljex

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:03 pm

ljex wrote:
danfrank wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

No it isn't and no one has ever said that is, we get a file of random numbers from random.org then use them as needed...

What ijex said.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby mibi on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:25 pm

can anyone besides lackattack confirm this random.org business? For all we know its just some simple random number generator.
Captain mibi

Postby danfrank on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:28 pm

ljex wrote:
danfrank wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

I beg to differ , the statement no one has ever said coming from your fingers does not have the convincing ring it needs . OK , So CC gets a random file of numbers from Random.org , my original point is still valid, everytime you roll your accessing this file or is it ( now this may differ between speed and casual games ) that every game set up gets an X amount of numbers allocated to it from this file , which would explain the LOADING process experienced during game play.

Postby ljex on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:35 pm

danfrank wrote:
ljex wrote:
danfrank wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

I beg to differ , the statement no one has ever said coming from your fingers does not have the convincing ring it needs . OK , So CC gets a random file of numbers from Random.org , my original point is still valid, everytime you roll your accessing this file or is it ( now this may differ between speed and casual games ) that every game set up gets an X amount of numbers allocated to it from this file , which would explain the LOADING process experienced during game play.

games dont get dice allocated to them every-time you click assault it takes dice from the file and uses them to see if you have won or lost the attack.
Major ljex

Postby natty dread on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:12 am

Some people just need excuses for losing.

I'm proud to lose without excuses.

Postby Dako on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:43 am

I am proud not to lose.
Colonel Dako

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:11 am

Dako wrote:I am proud not to lose.

You will only be proud to lose when it is to me in the tournament and the upcoming clan match. Aside from that... all these claims are baseless, and lack should not be spending too much time dealing with them. BTW where is the new guy in all this?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby karelpietertje on Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:48 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Dako wrote:I am proud not to lose.

You will only be proud to lose when it is to me in the tournament and the upcoming clan match. Aside from that... all these claims are baseless, and lack should not be spending too much time dealing with them. BTW where is the new guy in all this?

I think he's doing work backstage ;)
I do notice little improvements now and then, and more often since he's here. But it might also be just imagination :P
Major karelpietertje

Postby Kid Moe on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:28 pm

So in other words the dice are not random???? Which explains how I lose 49 vs 12
Cook Kid Moe

Postby ljex on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:25 am

Kid Moe wrote:So in other words the dice are not random???? Which explains how I lose 49 vs 12

:roll: where did anyone say the dice weren't random?
Major ljex

Postby Dako on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:49 am

Kid Moe wrote:So in other words the dice are not random???? Which explains how I lose 49 vs 12

Dice are random. The order of the random dice is not random.
Colonel Dako

Postby Kid Moe on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:12 am

Dako wrote:

Dice are random. The order of the random dice is not random.

So then that would make them not random then no?
Cook Kid Moe

Postby natty dread on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:13 am

No.

Postby Dako on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Well, in terms of all seeing god-like user - they are not random. But they are more random than computer generated numbers. And for the end-user (like me or you) they are totally random.
Colonel Dako

Postby natty dread on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Dako wrote:Well, in terms of all seeing god-like user - they are not random.

One could argue that for an omniscient being, nothing is random...

Postby lackattack on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:50 pm

I have changed the way the dice work once again, it should now be theoretically impossible to cheat:

This is how the intensity cubes now work:
  • We have a series of 50,000 true random numbers from random.org
  • Each time the game engine processes an assault or auto-assault, it select a random spot in the series to read from using a pseudo-random computer function
  • Each time the game engine generates a random intensity cube, the next number is read in sequence from the series (e.g. in a 3v1 attack 4 numbers are read sequentially)
  • The series of 50,000 true random numbers from random.org is replaced every hour
Sergeant lackattack

Postby jaimito101 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:53 pm

tata. thats all folks.
Colonel jaimito101

Postby natty dread on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Wow, now the dice are so random that the randomness of the dice is like as random as randomness can be.

Good job lack. =D>

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives