How to Participate in 5th Anniversary Battle Royales

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Media Team, Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: How to Participate in 5th Anniversary Battle Royales

Postby Mageplunka on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:56 pm

in please ♥
Major Mageplunka

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby theherkman on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Mageplunka wrote:in please ♥

Did you even read the thread?
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby pascalleke on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:30 pm

theherkman wrote:
Mageplunka wrote:in please ♥

Did you even read the thread?

i have :lol:
Major pascalleke
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Training Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby theherkman on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:29 pm

Pascalleke, I can't concentrate on figuring out what she is saying...

But I can concentrate on something...
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:31 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Yay! Battle Royales are always great fun and I've been looking forward to this all year.

Please tell me that something has been done about the code that adds 2.5 minutes to the game after every kill. I understand why this is in effect and I totally agree with it 364 days of the year, but I would hope that you guys have learned from past years that this has to get taken care of so that we don't have to wait around for half an hour, or even up to an hour and a half, for turns to finish. I would think that setting a maximum of 5, or even 10, minutes would work quite well and prevent the collosal waste of time and enjoyment that happens once the killing sprees start in speed Battle Royale games.

If this hasn't already been fixed, PLEASE make sure that it's fixed by the time the games start. It's really the only thing that can make Battle Royales not at all fun.

Lack has coded it so that Battle Royales function without the extra time added after each kill. I don't think there is an easy (or quick) way to code a 'cap time' in like you suggested. So we'll see how everything goes!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby 40kguy on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:17 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Yay! Battle Royales are always great fun and I've been looking forward to this all year.

Please tell me that something has been done about the code that adds 2.5 minutes to the game after every kill. I understand why this is in effect and I totally agree with it 364 days of the year, but I would hope that you guys have learned from past years that this has to get taken care of so that we don't have to wait around for half an hour, or even up to an hour and a half, for turns to finish. I would think that setting a maximum of 5, or even 10, minutes would work quite well and prevent the collosal waste of time and enjoyment that happens once the killing sprees start in speed Battle Royale games.

If this hasn't already been fixed, PLEASE make sure that it's fixed by the time the games start. It's really the only thing that can make Battle Royales not at all fun.

Lack has coded it so that Battle Royales function without the extra time added after each kill. I don't think there is an easy (or quick) way to code a 'cap time' in like you suggested. So we'll see how everything goes!

--Andy

hes smart the rounds get up to 13 minutes in 8 player nucs.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Sergeant 1st Class 40kguy

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:01 am

Game 8239516
Pass: Kickoff

--Andy
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:08 am

Game 8239511 me@myself is the pw (:

=rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:28 am

Game 8239592
Password: What would you get from a palm in Zihuatanejo?
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby benga on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:35 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Game 8239516

--Andy

never thought I could win one

thanks for hosting
Private 1st Class benga

Medals: 173
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (16)
Clan Achievement (38) Challenge Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:37 am

Game 8239609
pswd : I was the ? person to join this site
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Postby FireStar on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:40 am

benga wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Game 8239516

--Andy

never thought I could win one

thanks for hosting

you played well
Lieutenant FireStar

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby phantomzero on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:41 am

lord voldemort wrote:Game 8239609

I like the fun of looking things up, but the actual passwords are posted on the Conquer Club Facebook page.
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:43 am

phantomzero wrote:

I like the fun of looking things up, but the actual passwords are posted on the Conquer Club Facebook page.

Benefits of joining CC's other marketing endeavors.
Captain Night Strike

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby benga on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:46 am

phantomzero wrote:

uh had to go back to that place :mrgreen:

do we get GA medal for the win?
Private 1st Class benga

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (16)
Clan Achievement (38) Challenge Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby phantomzero on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:47 am

benga wrote:
phantomzero wrote:

uh had to go back to that place :mrgreen:

do we get GA medal for the win?

you get 370 points for the win ;)
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby benga on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:55 am

forgot to say
thx for that hint!

those 370 should keep me for a while in colonel rank
Private 1st Class benga

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:01 am

Game 8239718

Owner of CC?
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:13 am

Game 8239511
It's a large one, we need you to fill a spot! :D
pw: me@myself

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:14 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Game 8239511
It's a large one, we need you to fill a spot! :D
pw: me@myself
-rd

If it weren't nuclear, I'd already be there...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:15 am

Don't worry, I think some of the next will not be nuclear. :D

--Andy
Retired Administrator

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:25 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Don't worry, I think some of the next will not be nuclear. :D
--Andy

Right, that's what I figure...I'm a patient guy.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby samuelc812 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:38 am

Game 8239855
Password: In what year was Conquer Club launched?
Major samuelc812

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (6) Map Contribution (4)
Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:53 am

Why ARE ?'s allowed in Battle Royales? Seems to me it's asking for potential trouble.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:07 am

Game 8239944

psw = TFO
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Next

Return to Announcement Archives