Conquer Club

Clickable Maps

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clickable Maps

Postby grifftron on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 pm

just so you know, this messed up one of my war games, who knew that when i was using original clickies that my guys would all be placed somewhere else when clicking on a diff tert... fixed it now by updating clickies, still sucks
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:20 pm

grifftron wrote:just so you know, this messed up one of my war games, who knew that when i was using original clickies that my guys would all be placed somewhere else when clicking on a diff tert... fixed it now by updating clickies, still sucks

My regrets that you experienced some difficulties during our update. Hopefully we can continue to iron out the issues, and make those who may be affected aware of what they can do (such as updating scripts or disabling for a short time) until our coordination with the script authors alleviates the issues that we both missed.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby king achilles on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Right but when you are auto attacking with a big stack and you continue to right click you get stuck and then have to end turn instead of killing everyone like you'd planned.

When you use the auto attack, if you still have more than 3 troops left, then you can continue your turn. What do you mean by getting stuck?
Please don't have more than 1 account. If you have any CC concerns, you can contact us here.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:32 pm

king achilles wrote:
Right but when you are auto attacking with a big stack and you continue to right click you get stuck and then have to end turn instead of killing everyone like you'd planned.

When you use the auto attack, if you still have more than 3 troops left, then you can continue your turn. What do you mean by getting stuck?

He means CC clickies is opposite of the clickable maps script

In clickable maps, right click advances all, while in CC's version, left click advances all. This can be extremely annoying if you have been using clickable maps for months and months.. old habits die hard

I have heard this from several users.. though I have yet to use CC's version, currently I still use clickable maps the scrpit
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby SkyCaptain on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Could we possibly get an option to disable it completely? Specifically, the keyboard shortcuts. I just was playing, finished attacking (messed up and advanced in the wrong place, but that's just inexperience with the clickies), but when I went to go fort, I decided not to try to use the clicks. Unfortunately, I clicked the advanced from, and hit 'e' to pull up territory E6, which of course just ended my fortifications there, because of the keyboard shortcuts. Perhaps I misclicked, so I was still on the map at the time, but still quite frustrating. An option to disable keyboard shortcuts would be nice, I'll happily manually select my options. :)
Captain SkyCaptain

Postby lackattack on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:41 pm

Ooooh that's a bug - I'll have to disable hotkeys when you are selecting in the drop downs
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Aesop Jones on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 pm

This needs an off switch. Don't like it, don't want it, didn't download it as a script, find it beyond obnoxious to use on a netbook.

Your option should not be "pretend it doesn't exist." The option should be, oh I don't know, an option.
Sergeant Aesop Jones

Postby SkyCaptain on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:50 pm

lackattack wrote:Ooooh that's a bug - I'll have to disable hotkeys when you are selecting in the drop downs

Thanks!!
Captain SkyCaptain

Postby talbotboys on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 am

Simply Amazing!!! I've been waiting a long time for this feature!!! THX
Cook talbotboys

Postby pissedoffsol on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:07 am

i hate this. makes everything slower. :(
13k Games and counting!
Sergeant 1st Class pissedoffsol

Postby sm8900 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:12 am

wow amazing!! =D> :D :)
Private sm8900

Postby MrGlassB on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:23 am

Please remove the obnoxious blue banner from the "My Games" tab. I saw it the first time. I don't need to see it anymore. Now, it's just in the way.

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:26 am

Aesop Jones wrote:This needs an off switch. Don't like it, don't want it, didn't download it as a script, find it beyond obnoxious to use on a netbook.

Your option should not be "pretend it doesn't exist." The option should be, oh I don't know, an option.

Okay, okay, you and everyone else, follow my careful instructions if you don't want the clicky markers:

Step 1: Go to "Game Settings" in the left-hand menu.
Step 2: Scroll down to "Selected Region Indicators".
Step 3: Click "No".
Step 4: No longer be bothered by those markers.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Leehar on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:27 am

Awesome work.
It finally happened! :D
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby jleonnn on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:29 am

40kguy wrote:right when you installed this mine went all crazy. i was clicking the map then it was going to a different spot.

me too... I just got into a bad position because of it. Can there be like an option whether you wanna use it or the old clickies
Major jleonnn

Postby CJ Lues on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:33 am

Awesome!!! Thanx guys! =D>
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:54 am

JoshyBoy wrote:What is with the stupid double squares around my men? Why is this dropping troops where I don't want them and attacking territories I don't want to attack? That's two games lost thanks to this dumb ass update.

So of your 3417 games, 2 have been ruined by this update. Shall we include on the signup saying something like "A very very very very small percentage, maybe 0.0003% of your games may get messed up due to a very complicated update that still needs to be worked out. Please don't get mad at us"? ;)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Soldado_Ferreo on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:11 am

Incredible, good update, congratulations. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Major Soldado_Ferreo

Postby lackattack on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:16 am

SkyCaptain wrote:Could we possibly get an option to disable it completely? Specifically, the keyboard shortcuts. I just was playing, finished attacking (messed up and advanced in the wrong place, but that's just inexperience with the clickies), but when I went to go fort, I decided not to try to use the clicks. Unfortunately, I clicked the advanced from, and hit 'e' to pull up territory E6, which of course just ended my fortifications there, because of the keyboard shortcuts. Perhaps I misclicked, so I was still on the map at the time, but still quite frustrating. An option to disable keyboard shortcuts would be nice, I'll happily manually select my options. :)

Keyboard shortcuts are now disabled when you are selecting from a drop-down. Thanks for reporting this bug!
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:25 am

Thank you for adding this. Those of us who cannot use greasmonkey and BOB and stuff relaly appreciate you putting this into the site. THANK YOU.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby spyhunter on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:34 am

"please update your script" "please update your script" ok ok how exactly do i do that?
Sergeant 1st Class spyhunter

Postby Shai on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:06 am

Great Update!!!
Just when we thought CC can't get better...
Why Search?
http://WWW.allmyfaves.com

Gooooooo Wizards!
Lieutenant Shai

Postby Leehar on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:28 am

I keep on pressing right-click to adv all instead of normal click, and therefore keep making mistakes :(
And how can I change middle-click to not begin turn, I use it to usually scroll around the page quickly, but if it begins turns...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ZionT on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:58 am

I don't usually complain about updates, but this is no good. I'm not sure why, but I'm still getting errors. I'm trying to ignore the clickables update after noting andy's and lack's post. That didn't work. Updated greasemonkey script, that didn't help. It's still attacking the wrong terits, starting turns I didn't want to start, and deploying / reinforcing to the wrong places. I run Firefox, maybe that's the issue or maybe this has something to do with greasemonkey. So, I shut down the monkey and it finally runs okay. Still, that means no scripts at all. QA testing on this update was kind of lack-ing. :lol:

I just want this update to go away, no clicking, no auto rolls or deploys, and keep my scripts!
Major ZionT

Postby Pheonix.bradley on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:04 am

agree with zion, 100%, in fact its turning myself and my mates away from a game that we've loved to play for years now, and we're fans of the normal clickable maps, shame...
WINNER: TIMMINZ TOURNAMENT
Sergeant Pheonix.bradley

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives