Conquer Club

Clickable Maps

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clickable Maps

Postby willrandship on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Won't use it myself, but nice. I'm glad the old options work by default, and the indicators + the action panel is helpful too! :D
Cadet willrandship

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:22 pm

SlayerQC wrote:
das killa wrote:how did you disable it?

Click INDICATORS on the right side of the map.

The function of clicking on the map will remain, but you can hide that function by visiting your Game Settings Page and changing "Selected Region Indicators" to "No"---this will hide it for all your maps. Or you can click on the "Indicators" link in your game (near Sides Stats, Refresh Map, etc) and it will hide it for an individual game.

So if you wish not to use the Clickable Function, you can still use the old Action Panel (drop downs)---and just avoid clicking on the map!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:22 pm

the boxs showing me where i am attack to and from are starting to bug me should my clickes not override it?
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:24 pm

caymanmew wrote:the boxs showing me where i am attack to and from are starting to bug me should my clickes not override it?

You can turn off the indicators, caymanmew. Check my above post.

--Andy

Postby SlayerQC on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks Andy!
One thing I've noticed is that now I cannot see the specific number of troops (xx) per territory in the drop-down menu.
ot sure which add-on did that (bob?) but it doesnt work anywork while indicators are off. Hopefully doing it your way will fix that! If not, it should be worked on.

EDIT: doing it Andy's way fixed my issue. :)
Last edited by SlayerQC on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class SlayerQC

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:25 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
caymanmew wrote:the boxs showing me where i am attack to and from are starting to bug me should my clickes not override it?

You can turn off the indicators, caymanmew. Check my above post.

--Andy

thanks
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby flayor on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Just to add to this post. I run a an old PC with a Linux distribution called "Puppy Linux". The build I'm currently using is Puppy BrowserLinux. With it I use Chrome and have installed the clickable maps and it works fine. I think the clickable maps is a great improvement, thanks.
I came into this world with nothing.
And I have most of it left.
Corporal 1st Class flayor

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:29 pm

SlayerQC wrote:Thanks Andy!
One thing I've noticed is that now I cannot see the specific number of troops (xx) per territory in the drop-down menu.
ot sure which add-on did that (bob?) but it doesnt work anywork while indicators are off. Hopefully doing it your way will fix that! If not, it should be worked on.

Good to hear, SlayerQC.

If anyone else has any issues, questions, concerns, I'll do my best to address and attend to them! I'll continue to monitor the topic before I head off to bed in a few hours.

King Achilles may be able to address items as well during the USA-Overnight.

--Andy

Postby SlayerQC on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:35 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
SlayerQC wrote:Thanks Andy!

Good to hear, SlayerQC.

If anyone else has any issues, questions, concerns, I'll do my best to address and attend to them! I'll continue to monitor the topic before I head off to bed in a few hours.

King Achilles may be able to address items as well during the USA-Overnight.

--Andy

Actually, it somewhat did fix the issue but not completely. I still get the numbers in bracket while checking around but as soon as I pick a FROM location, the numbers in bracket disappear from the TO drop-down menu.

Also, the map numbers sometimes flash a white square.(dont care about that though)

Postby Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 pm

The old clickable maps right before this update you could hit the 'n' button and it would skip ur current game and go to the next one. This was nice if you didn't want to play the game where you were up next but wanted to see the one after that instead. Any chance this feature will be put back in?
Major Jippd

Postby SlayerQC on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:40 pm

Jippd wrote:The old clickable maps right before this update you could hit the 'n' button and it would skip ur current game and go to the next one. This was nice if you didn't want to play the game where you were up next but wanted to see the one after that instead. Any chance this feature will be put back in?

it's already implemented afaik.

" N Key: Skip to next game, Jump to next game "

Postby Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Hmmm it is not working for me when I hit n it cycles me to the current game where I am due up next in. It worked before this update and I have updated my clickies since this update came out as well to version 4.5 I think it was?
Major Jippd

Postby lackattack on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:43 pm

kjg21 wrote:Currently the headline reads:

"There is a new way to play - by clicking on the map. Read all about it here!"

Please add the following to it:

"Your turn will be fucked up if you don't update Greasemonkey"

I know this would have helped me.

Done!
Sergeant lackattack

Postby SlayerQC on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Jippd wrote:Hmmm it is not working for me when I hit n it cycles me to the current game where I am due up next in. It worked before this update and I have updated my clickies since this update came out as well to version 4.5 I think it was?

works for me, even with the update set to OFF

Postby Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:45 pm

SO if you hit n it will keep cycling you through the games where it is your turn? (Doing this without taking your turns in the game) When you get to your last game and hit 'n' it brings you back to your my games homepage?
Major Jippd

Postby kmhebert on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:53 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
SlayerQC wrote:
das killa wrote:how did you disable it?

So if you wish not to use the Clickable Function, you can still use the old Action Panel (drop downs)---and just avoid clicking on the map!

--Andy

HA HA HA

HA HA HA

HA HA HA

OK for real though how can I customize it so right click means send all to the area I just conquered, this is costing me games!
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby ws1 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:58 pm

one big YAAAAAAAWN
Sergeant 1st Class ws1

Location: Chicago, New York, Detroit and its all on the same street

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Jippd wrote:SO if you hit n it will keep cycling you through the games where it is your turn? (Doing this without taking your turns in the game) When you get to your last game and hit 'n' it brings you back to your my games homepage?

Yes, that should be function. It's just like cycling through the games and clicking on the "skip game" link.

--Andy

Postby Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:01 pm

well then I'm reporting it as not working. And I did click the link to update my clickable maps to the newest version and I restarted firefox.

No matter how many times I click N it keeps taking me to the same game.

And this new update also makes my gameplay even more laggy then what I am used to and it was already cumbersome for me to play sometimes with the lag. More lag means I think harder about whether I renew my subscription next time that option comes up. I can say I was happier with my clickable maps I already had this new addition has made my gameplay less enjoyable by adding more lag.
Last edited by Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Jippd

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Jippd wrote:well then I'm reporting it as not working. And I did click the link to update my clickable maps to the newest version and I restarted firefox.

No matter how many times I click N it keeps taking me to the same game.

If you disable your Tool/Enhancement/Addon, does the N-Hotkey work?

--Andy

Postby king achilles on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Right now, all functions can not be changed for one's own customization.

When you just conquered a region, you just left click again to that region to automatically send all your remaining troops to that area you just conquered.

If you are reinforcing, left click on that region from where you will get your troops from then left click on the region you will reinforce and then left click again to send all troops.

=============================

Jippd, what browser are you using and are you using any scripts?
Please don't have more than 1 account. If you have any CC concerns, you can contact us here.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby kmhebert on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:06 pm

king achilles wrote:Right now, all functions can not be changed for one's own customization.

When you just conquered a region, you just left click again to that region to automatically send all your remaining troops to that area you just conquered.

Right but when you are auto attacking with a big stack and you continue to right click you get stuck and then have to end turn instead of killing everyone like you'd planned.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Yes it went away when I disabled bob and CM. The only two I used I disabled greasemonkey and now I can move. However I prefer the clickies I am used to with one click equals deploy one troop right click deploys all and troop movements etc. Is there a way to fix the script you guys put on so I can run my CM with the setup that I like and be able to skip the games still?
Major Jippd

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Jippd wrote:Yes it went away when I disabled bob and CM. The only two I used I disabled greasemonkey and now I can move. However I prefer the clickies I am used to with one click equals deploy one troop right click deploys all and troop movements etc. Is there a way to fix the script you guys put on so I can run my CM with the setup that I like and be able to skip the games still?

Once the scripts you use get re-updated (since our coordination with the script authors left a few cracks) you should be able to use the Greasemoney-CM functionality.

--Andy

Postby Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Cool thanks for the replies
Major Jippd

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives